• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Maximum Playing Time

Years
Has any of you guys played the maximum amount of playing time in a Pokémon game? I've played Diamond until it was 999:50, and after that, it glitches and wont go any higher, unfortunately. It was amazing. I want to know if Emerald, FR, LG, has the same. If anyone can tell me if they have played the max time in any Pokémon game or what the max time is for those games, that would be great.
Thanks!
~Spys

Years
  • Seen Nov 4, 2017
Nope. By the time we get to 30 hours we have already 100% the game :3

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
If you wanted to test it out, you could leave your Gameboy on for a month and a half. Would not recommend though haha. I've never played past around 300 hours, to be honest.

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
Years
Well, I was nowhere near that amount of time since I kept resetting my profile so often. I don't like the idea of playing one game for too long otherwise I'd be a real Pokemon addict which I'm not. I think my maximum was about 100 hours, but not more.

Blueredemption

Never stop exploring!
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Oct 16, 2023
I hit 300ish in FR, thats the highest i have ever gotten :p. Since i have gotten into the breeding mechanics and stuff in X-Y il most likely get pretty high in play time. I haven't reached a limit yet though but we'll see.

Warrior Rapter

Dinosaur Pokemon Trainer
Years
Man, I must put too much time in my games or something. I'm seeing some of these maximum times that are closer to my minimums!

To answer your question, I think it's based on the memory of the game set aside to track time, and when that runs out, I wouldn't really call it a glitch, more like along the same lines as getting an error message.

Btw, I have 831:50 in Black, and I think I matched the OP in time on Platinum and Pearl.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
I got to around 415 hours in Platinum since that *still* serves as my main game for most intents and purposes. I've logged over 300 hours in Leaf Green because I still have quite a few level 100 Pokemon in there. Also because watching Leaf's animation as she throws Pokeballs still makes me smile :P

X/Y might surpass both; I'm up to 122 hours now and that's without doing any post-game stuff (still waiting on Bank to open before I tackle any of that, then goes the part where I have to breed everything I want that wasn't available in X/Y before.)

I know my brother was hovering near 860 hours in Diamond at one point - I'm not sure if he ever hit 999:59 in there since that was right before 5th gen debuted.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
Okay, this all sounds crazy to me : ) The max hours I've ever hit in Pokémon was maybe 60? And
I think that was Black. And the maximum of all max hours in any game was about 120.

What's there to do after 100+ hours, anyways?

Ammako

I hate you. You know who you are.
Years
  • Seen Feb 1, 2018
I got to 430+ hours in Diamond once before I got bored and restarted (since I had pretty much completed everything except the Battle Tower, which didn't interest me anyway.)

Altair1

Willpower
Years
The longest playing time I've ever had was on my Black Version with over 500 hours! I was into breeding and completing the PokeDex, unfortunately I traded it off thinking I was 'done' with Pokemon and won't return to the franchise...

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I have never reached the maximum playtime, unfortunately. My highest though, would probably have to be 320 hours in Pokémon Ruby. 160 hours is my second highest, which was in Emerald.

Guest123_x1

On my earliest (near-full) playthrough of Yellow, I logged more than 100 hours of play time on that save file, having reached that mark by the time I got to the final gym. Part of the reason it took so long was because I was foolish in spoiling my Pikachu, to the point where it ended up at level 65 by the final gym. However, on Labor Day 2000, that save file got wiped out, and I never could figure out the reason why, as I didn't know of any glitches to exploit at the time.

Warrior Rapter

Dinosaur Pokemon Trainer
Years
Okay, this all sounds crazy to me : ) The max hours I've ever hit in Pokémon was maybe 60? And
I think that was Black. And the maximum of all max hours in any game was about 120.

What's there to do after 100+ hours, anyways?

That would be where the EV training, breeding, and collecting takes over for most of us. Pretty much those of us with more than that are the competitors and/or 100%-ers, with exceptions of people who continue to play just to play.

Back