• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mimikyu Month!

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
Years
  • 600x200

https://twitter.com/Pokemon/status/1179084627597824007
    As the spooky month of October commences, Mimikyu is finally given some time in the spotlight! A Ghost/Fairy type Pokemon introduced in the current generation, it is jealous of Pikachu's popularity and dresses up under a rag resembling Pikachu just so it can be loved.
    What do you guys think of Mimikyu and have you had any memorable moments with Mimikyu?

Last edited:
    Years
  • man, I remember when people went nuts over Mimikyu right before SM was released. nowadays, I don't feel as strongly about it as I once did, but I still think it's kinda cute. :o

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Since my main exposure to Mimikyu is through the anime... that thing's portrayed as genuinely terrifying. The way it moves, the things it says/is implied to say, the sounds it makes... god. The fact that it literally almost murdered Meowth??? Like, I'm not scared of it really because... it's a cartoon and I'm an adult etc but it still manages to make me uneasy. Props to the anime team for that.

Soaring Sid

Now I'm motivated
    Years
  • hahaha! Mimikyu was the first totem that i found challenging. It wrecked my team because of Arceus knows what reasons. And in the second try, it wrecked my team again, and i managed to beat it with Decidueye(literally 1 HP remaining). Mimikyu is also an important part of Trick room teams these days. It not only sets up a trick room, but is also a good attacker if needed. Lately, I've been seeing more Mimikyu on Showdown than anywhere else.

Edit: Forgot about Lurantis when i said challenging. But it's not spooky.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I love it! It's adorable and I like it more than Pikachu. So it doesn't need to worry. :>

I bred a shiny one a few months ago in US, and will be bringing it to SwSh. 👍

Years
  • I didn't really give Mimikyu a chance in Sun, but used one on my team in Ultra Moon, and it quickly became one of my favorite party members. I love its Ghost/Fairy typing, and even though I thought its ability was a little overpowered, I'd still love to use on again on my team in the future.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • I like it! It's actually an extremely good mon. I was originally unsure about it, but after using it a few times I grew to see that it's actually a solid battler. Having a free turn to yourself is really good and it has pretty solid stats to boot and a nice typing as well. Overall great mon I wouldn't mind to use again.

Back