• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Let's talk about the Lv 100 level cap

Years
  • Ever since... forever really, Level 100 has essentially been ceiling of how strong your Pokemon can get, with some exceptions being glitch exploitations in the older games.

But...

What if Game Freak made some changes to the Lv. 100 cap? What if they increased or decreased it? Do you think it's necessary to alter it in any way?

Years
  • It's something I only ever think about in regards to the never going to happen "Pokémon Rainbow" with all the regions and it being one of the possible changes they'd have to make to accommodate such a huge amount of game play. Otherwise I think the level cap as it stands is appropriate and works well as an in-game goal that has the right amount of balance between effort and fun.

I don't take part in the meta-game beyond Showdown but I think it wouldn't make much of a difference to what the cap would be since I'd assume all Pokémon teams would be capped out to whatever it would be by every trainer before competing anyway.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I wonder about that sometimes. How back in the day it seemed to take forever to get to 100 and now not so much. I wouldn't mind seeing the level cap change just to see what else could be done with it.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I think the question with the level changing whether it be higher or lower is would that change the Pokemon's power or stats at all?

Years
  • you bring up a good point... I think it absolutely would. but whether that would be a good or a bad thing is up for debate.

Last edited:
    Back