• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: [Gen III]: Jambo51's Tool Showcase

Years
  • Age 35
  • NY
  • Seen Aug 6, 2018
Frankly there's not a lot we can go off of to help you based on what you've told us. But, there are two likely issues. One, you accidentally messed up something in the .ini, and you should double check to make sure. Two, some of the ROM's data has been corrupted somehow (in which case you should re-trace your steps and figure out if you did anything easily reversible). Of course a third issue would be a problem with the program itself, but this is unlikely.

I resolved the issue. It seemed to not be an issue with any of the things I mentioned. It's a peculiar thing that happens only with this program. If I have opened another program, for example AdvanceMap and am editing the ROM, it won't open. And since I have AdvanceMap open and editing pretty much the whole time I'm rom hacking, I never thought it would be a problem. It's a great tool that's working like a charm.

pokefreak890

The One that will make everything great
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
Me neither downloads aren't working I'm getting attachments 1x1

Lucky1Yena

Just some guy
Years
Another user here with nonfunctional download links. I suspect something must have happened since I was last here that interferes with downloading attachments.

Though this is my first time back since getting my new laptop. It could just as easily be a problem with Windows 10 than with the site itself or the links. Unfortunately I haven't got access to my other laptop anymore so... yeah.

Looking forward to the downloads working again.

Zef

zef
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
if anyone could save my rom hack that'd be great
i'm trying to edit an important trainer and get:
Error parsing Pokemon data for this trainer! - InvalidArgument=Value of '65535' is not valid for 'index'. Parameter name: index

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 20, 2016
if anyone could save my rom hack that'd be great
i'm trying to edit an important trainer and get:
Error parsing Pokemon data for this trainer! - InvalidArgument=Value of '65535' is not valid for 'index'. Parameter name: index
I don't know what that "index" means in terms of this program. But why don't you just fix it with a hex editor? It is directly telling you that you have 0xFFFF somewhere where it does not belong. Trainer data is structured:
Code:
0x00: trainer pokemon type (regular, custom moves, item, both)
0x01: trainer class		(byte)
0x02: trainer music & gender	(byte)
0x03: trainer sprite		(byte)
0x04: name 			(12 bytes)
0x10: item1 			(short)
0x12: item2 			(short)
0x14: item3 			(short)
0x16: item4 			(short)
0x18: single/double 		(word)
0x1C: AI 			(word)
0x20: number of pokemon 	(word)
0x24: pointer to trainer's pokemon (word)
So crack open your ROM, do some maths to determine the offset of the broken trainer, and fix the 0xFFFF that clearly does not belong.

Reactions: Zef

MrElephant

Pokemon Researcher
Years
Could someone please reupload the trainer battler program. Sorry for posting on an old thread.

Edit: Sorry, didnt see that dysbber162 had posted new links. Again, I apologize to being a bother to everyone.

-MrElephant

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 14, 2023
None of the links work. The drop box mirrors are disabled. Was hoping to use BSP to add some abilities but I guess not. :/

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 12, 2024
Same here, none of the links are working, can someone post another mirror to those tools ?
(especially unnamed trainer editor if possible)
Thank you for your time.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
these links dont work #scam

The reason the links don't work anymore... is because PC's servers were breached a few months ago. Many of the attachments on the forum were destroyed by the server breach, which is why they only appear as 1x1 white pixel image now. I'm really sorry, but unless Jambo51 comes back and fixes the links to his tools, there's no way you can be able to download them here. Perhaps you could search elsewhere online to find them? I know FileTrip usually archives many ROM Hacking tools from here and other places, from what I remember.

Back