• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

the good ol' game corner

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
  • For those uninitiated in the ways of gambling: Game Corner was a feature of the older games that included several minigames to earn coins. They've been absent in the past two generations, probably due to PEGI tightening their classification standards.

Do you miss the Game Corner? Is it something you'd like to see return in future generations, however unlikely that may be? What's your favorite minigame?

Years
    • They/Them
    • Seen Jan 17, 2023
    When it comes to the game corner, yeah I miss seeing it in later games. When it came to games in there, the slots were the best where as Votorb Flip was the worst
    Spoiler:

Funny, my thoughts are the exact opposite. I find the slots to be the worst since it's all luck based (and probably rigged), and Voltorb Flip to be the best game by far, since you actually need some bit of skill for that game; it's not all luck.

Sinnoh's slots are the exception, though, since you can actually earn coins from them.

Dewmonic Abyss

YouTuber
    Years
  • The Game Corner gave me a gambling addiction when I first tried it out in Fire Red, as a kid. I literally spent all the money I could on coins and blew it all on slots trying to get that Porygon. xD

Years
  • I often despised the Game Corner, especially the one in HG/SS. While it would be awesome to see it return one day, it's likely never happening due to the OP mention of PEGI's tightened classification standards.

Years
  • Some of the prizes were so good that it actually reflected the temptations of gambling in real life lmao. But yeah, I miss the game corner...RIP...

LyokoGirl5000

Lyoko Princess
    Years
  • I think the game corner could return if they made the mini games skill based instead of luck based. My favorite mini game is the card flip one from G/S/C. I don't hate Voltorb Flip, but I do think they should have kept the ability to buy coins.

AmetsuCAT

KITTY POWER!!
    Years
    • Age 24
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 6, 2023
    Lol I remember when I was in the game corner in Platinum I couldn't play the slot machines so I looked up why and it was because in Europe they removed the opportunity to gamble. For some reason, that almost tempted me to buy a U.S copy of Platinum, since at that time the DS wasn't region restricted.

And I also love the theme tune. When I first heard it I thought I walked into a Techno party XD.

Palmer-Granate

The Champion Jester
    Years
  • Exactly, the Game Corner was a classic, especially when the game would be so kind as to allow you to purchase coins. Funny thing, I would power on my Alpha Sapphire and what do I find? An abandoned building. Sob! :( Brng back the Corner, GF, you lenient weasels.

Back