• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Platinum 4 'mon team help

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Okay I'm running into a bit of a problem here. I thought I could play the game well with only 4 main pok?mon, and carry 2 HM slaves at all times. But I can't seem to find pok?mon of the types I want - I'm kind of picky since I only have 4 slots, I want them to be strong enough against many enough types.

Right now the only real champs I have are Infernape and Gastrodon. I have been using Rotom a bit, and evolved a grass mon all the way to Roserade. I just don't think a grass type is the right fit on this small team, and to be honest I don't seem to know how to use Rotom well haha. It keeps dying :V

I'd love to get an Elekid (or a Raichu, but idk if that's available in Sinnoh?). I also really want a psychic type but haven't found any real good options yet! Bronzor, Medicham, Chingling... I'm thinking of at least getting my hands on one of the legendary elves before E4.

What electric or psychic species would you recommend? Should I go with something completely different to complement Infernape and Gastrodon?

For your information, I'm just taking on Galactic in Veilstone HQ, so I have a few badges left... I think. God I'm sloppy playing this ahhaha.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    Pikachu is available in Sinnoh in the Trophy Garden iirc. Elekid isn't available but Electabuzz is available on Route 222 but that's super late into the game. As for Psychic types, you could go for an Espeon and name it tokyodrift maybe even a Gallade or Gardevoir. Ralts is available on Route 208 and 209.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    So I went for Azelf and Magnezone, apparently haha.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Gastrodon is highly recommended, particularly when compared to Quagsire imo. I've used Gastrodon on a couple of occasions and it really can be a great asset to your team despite the double Grass weakness (which is its only weakness). I'd keep it on your team for the duration as your Water type.

Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2018
    For psychic i highly recomended Gallade or Gardevoir, And electric i recomend Magnezone for sp. Attack or Luxray for Attack

Last edited:
    Back