• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Omega Ruby Re-Play through

Years
  • attachment.php

Currently I am replaying Omega Ruby, I have chosen Treecko because before I chose Mudkip. I am also looking to have new team members I haven't used yet. If you have any recommendations on what Pokemon I should put on my team please let me know!
    I will be posting my progress every time I've gotten two badges or something, not too sure yet but I know I wanna share my progress.

Attachments

• Treeko.jpg
      Treeko.jpg
      105.5 KB · Views: 13

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    gonna need a Water type for a couple of obvious reasons, so there's the question of which one to go with

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I'd say Altaria seems like a nice pick that isn't used that much. But depending on whether or not you want to use Mega Sceptile, you may not need to put another Dragon Type on your team.

If you want to go for some HM slaves then the likes of Zigzagoon, Gyarados and Hariyama are all pretty good picks.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Ralts is great! Stood up to Rayquaza despite being slightly lower level.

Last edited:
    Years
  • gonna need a Water type for a couple of obvious reasons, so there's the question of which one to go with

Yeah that is very true

I'd say Altaria seems like a nice pick that isn't used that much. But depending on whether or not you want to use Mega Sceptile, you may not need to put another Dragon Type on your team.

If you want to go for some HM slaves then the likes of Zigzagoon, Gyarados and Hariyama are all pretty good picks.

Might give her a try!

Dustox is really cool Pokémon to use and can be unexpectedly useful.

And Slaking is also great choice.

I haven't actually used any of the bug types in gen 3 so Im definitely using one of them. And as cool as Slaking is his ability just just a sour taste in my mouth. lol

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    gonna need a Water type for a couple of obvious reasons, so there's the question of which one to go with

Was going to try Froakie from X/Y due to it's water shukuren move and all of those sturdies, when I get to AS.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Aggron/Probopass typing covers 4/5 of Sceptile's weaknesses (and 5/5 of Mega Sceptile's), while Sceptile covers their Ground and Water weaknesses, so they complement each other pretty well.

Heracross, good against Dark and Ice E4, and against some of Steven's Pokémon. Can also deal with Phoebe with Night Slash/Shadow Claw.

Ninetales with Drought and Solar Beam can also destroy the in-game, but that depends on whether you plan on using DexNav for hidden abilities or not.

Many options will depend on what's going to be your mega (if any) as well. Mega Mawile, for example, is insanely powerful, but you won't have it if you prefer to mega Sceptile or other mon instead.

Years
  • Aggron/Probopass typing covers 4/5 of Sceptile's weaknesses (and 5/5 of Mega Sceptile's), while Sceptile covers their Ground and Water weaknesses, so they complement each other pretty well.

Heracross, good against Dark and Ice E4, and against some of Steven's Pokémon. Can also deal with Phoebe with Night Slash/Shadow Claw.

Ninetales with Drought and Solar Beam can also destroy the in-game, but that depends on whether you plan on using DexNav for hidden abilities or not.

Many options will depend on what's going to be your mega (if any) as well. Mega Mawile, for example, is insanely powerful, but you won't have it if you prefer to mega Sceptile or other mon instead.

Definitely going to have to get a Probopass and Aggron I need that type coverage, I'll probably also consider using Heracross as I haven't used him in Omega Ruby yet same thing with Mawile, and if Mega Mawile is truly good I gotta check this out myself.

Back