• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Discussion] "When's the next update"?

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
  • How often do you update your works of fiction online? Do you publish a new chapter immediately when done, or post in bulk?

I am planning on publishing my fanfiction in two parts instead of weekly, but.

I write a new section privately weekly.
    50th entry in my private literature place is today!

Bay

Years
  • Most of my multi-chaptered works I get the whole fic done first and tend to have a weekly or bi-weekly schedule. Some were written for big bangs (writer/artist collab) events that required fics to be finished before posting.

Foul Play was the exception and the updates were whenever I get a chapter done and have it beta'd, though I did try to be at least five chapters ahead until recently. I have no more backlog and haven't written new material due to focusing on another fic. In 2019 the average fic update would be about 3 weeks.

My FE3H Big Bang fic I have the whole story completed, just need the final couple chapters looked over by my beta. That one I plan to update two times a week due to how the mods of that event will stop promoting fics in September.

Years
  • I've always posted in chapters and very irregularly. It's been an eternity since I last updated my fic here on PC... that poor Slowpoke is never going to get his training arc at this rate lmao. I do fully intend to get back into it of course, but it's tricky to allocate time to regularly updating a fic when I have professional writing I have to do and health problems to contend with + my other hobbies taking up space too.

I'll have to get better at it soon though because one of the projects I'm working on will involve regularly writing short stories.

Venia Silente

Inspectious. Good for napping.
    Years
  • I just cheat and post oneshots.

Kidding...mostly.

I'm currently maintaining two multichapters, strangely enough. One of them updates when I have inspiration (but ideally before end of July) and the other updates bienially every Valentine's Day of an odd-numbered year, so that's be next February next update and then Feb 2025 the next chapter after that.

Somehow, no one has complained about the biennial release schedule.

Back