• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other Fandoms] Final Fantasy: Heroes of the Crystals

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
Years
  • iyHYLof.png

Welcome to the Final Fantasy club!

Take a seat 'n' relax at our inn, adventurer.

Hm, I've never seen yer face around 'ere before. Not to worry, I can see the gleam of curiosity and dare in yer eyes! Just fill out this form and we'll get ya acquainted with our Company right away.

Fill out the form to join the Company:
    • Username:
    • Job:
    • Element Affinity:
    • Favourite Character:
    • Favourite Series Entry:

Now that's settled, take a lookey at this list 'ere and familiarise yourself with our other members. Not to worry, they won't bite...maybe.

Members of the Company
    • Firebolt - White Mage of Earth
    • starseed - Thief of Water
    • Lumina - Red Mage of Lightning
    • Cariad - Summoner of Earth
    • Cherrim - White Mage of Lightning
    • Lil MuDkiP849 - Paladin of Holy
    • Sheep - White Mage of Holy
    • Fafrir - Paladin of Wind
    • .hack - Dark Knight of Ice

Well, whatya standin' around for?! Go on! If yer ever feelin' like changing yer Job, or just have general compl- Eh, I mean, concerns, bring it up with yer manager Firebolt. Just dun ask where all the ale is...heh heh.​

Last edited:

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
    Years
  • Naturally, I'll fill in my deets first.

Username: Firebolt
    Job: White Mage
    Element Affinity: Earth
    Favourite Character: Terra Branford
    Favourite Series Entry: Final Fantasy XIV

Also feel free to add other info and stuff! The only FF I've played to completion at this point in time is VI and XII (+Revenant Wings). I'm awfully lazy when it comes to long RPG games, and sadly XIV is my favourite because I just enjoy it so much (and I hear it only goes up from here!).

The banner is a work in progress! I was hoping to include something that could incorporate a lot of our beloved characters, so I wanted to see who those beloved characters actually are! Could also make some crack with with our Online characters; that's an option!

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • Username: shut your what
    Job: Thief
    Element Affinity: Water
    Favourite Character: Snow Villiers, Sephiroth* & Rikku Al Bhed.
    Favourite Series Entry: FFX/X-2, FFXIII & FFXII.

I told you I would join so... here I am. :D

*Before anyone screams at me about how awful of a villain he is... y'all let me explain. Sephiroth is special to me because my best friend not to be named but was from PC really liked him. He got me into the character. Well, we went our separate ways, but I still think of him a lot when I see Sephiroth or hear the theme. So, that's why he is special to me.

Last edited:

Lumina

Lucid Melody
    Years
  • Username: Lumina
    Job: Red Mage
    Element Affinity: Lightning
    Favourite Character: Y'shtola and Yuffie
    Favourite Series Entry: FF14 Shadowbringers, or 7 if it has to be its own game.

Cariad

world.search(you);
    Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2023
    Username: Cariad
    Job: Summoner
    Element Affinity: Earth
    Favourite Character: Ardbert, Thancred, Alphinaud (FF14) / Cloud, Tifa (FF7) / Rinoa (FF8)
    Favourite Series Entry: FF14 (Shadowbringers, Heavensward), FF7, FF8

o/ nice to meet you!

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
    Years
  • Welcome fellow adventurers! It's nice to meet you all too (and nice to see some peeps who can help guide me through the noob stages of FF14 😌). Of course, I've added all of your names to the member list. Let me know if you'd like to change Jobs!

starseed galaxy auticorn

Years
  • Welcome fellow adventurers! It's nice to meet you all too (and nice to see some peeps who can help guide me through the noob stages of FF14 😌). Of course, I've added all of your names to the member list. Let me know if you'd like to change Jobs!

I'm changing my username to "starseed" soon jsyk. Just waiting on the staff patiently when they can change it~

Anyway, how about we get a chat going? Is it okay if I ask a question?

What are some of your most favorite pairings from the FF franchise as a whole?

Mine will always always be Snow x Serah. This is a pairing that both my bf and I associate with a lot. It all started when I first met him; love at first sight mostly. It was back in say 2010/11 or so. Well, he had Snow Villiers as his theme when Windows Messenger was a thing. So, when we started dating, I often referred to him a lot as "my Snow". Over time, this grew and grew and became something that we cherish to this day... where I'm his Serah, and he's my Snow. :3 So yeah.

Honorable mention: Rikku x Gippal.

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
    Years
  • I'm afraid playing with you guys is gonna be a little tough; I'm on Japanese Data Centre as it's by far the one with the least ping for me (I haven't been sworn at by Japanese people so far, so that's a plus!).

I've corrected your name, starseed! As for favourite pairings, honestly Snow x Serah is pretty up there as well for me. My ex girlfriend and I had even planned on cosplaying it together at a local convention (stuff happened though and it was never realised).

But I'm gonna have to be super basic and say my favourite is Tidus x Yuna. I'm definitely not saying this because of the infamous laugh scene although it may be 90% of the reason, but it's just so cheesy yet somewhat different to all the other main character ships in the series.

starseed galaxy auticorn

Years
  • But I'm gonna have to be super basic and say my favourite is Tidus x Yuna. I'm definitely not saying this because of the infamous laugh scene although it may be 90% of the reason, but it's just so cheesy yet somewhat different to all the other main character ships in the series.

Honestly, that laughing scene was kind of cute. They were pretty cute for a while. So, I don't blame you for liking them. The fact that she didn't give up on him either. I won't spoil anything in case people have never played Final Fantasy X. :3

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Username: Cherrim
    Job: White Mage
    Element Affinity: Lightning
    Favourite Character: Terra... followed closely by Aerith, Zack, Yuna, Fang, and Cloud
    Favourite Series Entry: X/X-2 and XIV

Hello, I've recently gotten re-addicted to FFXIV (I'm mainly on Aether :v) and I think I'm about to have a rather Final Fantasy-filled year, with that and FFVIIR on my game list, so no time like the present to join. 8)

What are some of your most favorite pairings from the FF franchise as a whole?
    Fang/Vanille and Tidus/Yuna are probably my biggest ships. I totally second that the laughing scene in FFX is actually adorable. I don't get why it gets so much hate! It's so cute and it's the first time someone just lets Yuna be Yuna and not The Summoner Who Must Save The World and that was just... so important both to them and to the themes of the game. Honourable mention to Zack/Aerith (and, I suspect, upon playing VIIR, Tifa/Aerith).

Lil MuDkiP849

Dream Chaser
    Years
    • NY
    • Seen Aug 12, 2021
    Username: Lil MuDkiP849
    Job: Paladin
    Element Affinity: Holy
    Favourite Character: Cloud Strife
    Favourite Series Entry: Even between VII(OG and Remake), IV(ps1), Origins(I+II), and the current one I play XIV.

Picture of my FFXIV character as a Paladin in my favorite instance in the game, called the Unending Coil of Bahamut(Ultimate).

Attachments

• 75541C67-C903-4BC7-AF6B-BE689B1308BB.jpeg
      75541C67-C903-4BC7-AF6B-BE689B1308BB.jpeg
      163.4 KB · Views: 10
    Last edited:

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
    Years
  • Welcome new peeps! We finally have a tank to soak all of the damage!
    ezgif-2168112475.gif

I absolutely love your FFXIV character, Lil Mudkip! You gotta remind me to take a nice snapshot of mine later to share. And Tactics DEFINITELY counts as a FF game, Sheep! It completely slipped my mind before, but I think it's easily one of the best entries in the series. Also the French translation meme is one of my favourite ever, and seeing that just made my day.

Sorry for the delays in responses and whatnot, life has been really hectic lately.

So our latest club question; If you could pick one Final Fantasy continent to have a scenic tour of, which one would you choose to visit? You can assume that there's no war or destruction going on, and you're accompanied by the bravest adventurers to keep the fierce monsters at bay (and carry you on their back when you get tired).

Lil MuDkiP849

Dream Chaser
    Years
    • NY
    • Seen Aug 12, 2021
    Welcome new peeps! We finally have a tank to soak all of the damage!
    ezgif-2168112475.gif

I absolutely love your FFXIV character, Lil Mudkip! You gotta remind me to take a nice snapshot of mine later to share.

So our latest club question; If you could pick one Final Fantasy continent to have a scenic tour of, which one would you choose to visit? You can assume that there's no war or destruction going on, and you're accompanied by the bravest adventurers to keep the fierce monsters at bay (and carry you on their back when you get tired).

Haha...that's the usual reaction I get for playing tank. I personally enjoy feeling more in the driver's seat of an instance though I know it isn't for everyone. I'm located on Adamantoise server on the Aether DC!

Of course about the screenshot of FFXIV characters! I have many more but that one is my personal favorite. Long story, but that particular instance was probably the hardest FF if not in my entire gaming career achievement I've ever done, so of course I enjoy sharing pictures from it! /gpose for what it is, is a wonderful tool to have.

If I had to pick one final fantasy world..my choice would be VIII. I'd love to attend a school like Balamb garden and become a SeeD. Can't forget to collect cards while doing so since I absolutely love triple triad.

Years
  • eorzea from ffxiv! :D without all the war/dangers, it'd be a beautiful place to see! but yeah, i'm biased haha.

i want to resub to xiv soon since it's been a few weeks (been busy), but ugh, it's getting hot here and i'm not sure how in the mood i am for my laptop to get even hotter this summer haha.

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
    Years
  • Derp I completely forgot to answer my own question, and it doesn't help I've been feeling crazy busy the last few months.

I think I'd love to visit Ivalice most of all. Midgar sounds cool of course, but Ivalice seems to have drawn inspiration from so many different cultures (the wiki mentions that the Golden Age is focused on Turkey and Egypt, whereas in games set later it more closely mirrors Renaissance Europe). It seems like the continent would have so much more to discover than what was covered in the games and it'd have no shortage of rich history!

And finally, a screenshot of my FFXIV character! I recently hit level 50 and got the respective awesome WHM class outfit, which prompted the small change in hairstyle (first is current, second is an older image).
    Spoiler:

Trying to get the hang of using that /gpose to the max! I'm also looking towards installing the custom 'gshade' stuff once I can figure out how the hecko to do it, but in the meantime I guess I'll just focus on getting through ARR.

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
    Years
  • FFXIV players, how have you found the latest patch? Did the conclusion of Shadowbringers live up to your expectations?!

I'm still going for Heavensward currently, but the cut and refactor in the quest lines has made it much easier to progress. I was also pleasantly surprised when I walked off a cliff with my unicorn to see it start flying instead; I LEGIT CAN'T TRAVEL BY GROUND ANYMORE! And I also discovered that your default pose can be changed too! I'd really like just one week off work just so I can really sink my teeth into this game, but it looks like I'll have to wait till the Christmas break.

Back