• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Patch: MrDollSteak's Decap. and Attack Rombase

Exodrake

The Manliest Chick that Ever Manlied
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 30, 2016
I've used Gen III Suite's egg move editor after fixing the daycare and it didn't break the daycare again, so that must not have been the culprit. This means that if you want to use the tool's egg move editor, go for it, but if you do use it, back up your ROM beforehand to be on the safe side. It'll prompt you to repoint the table and it should work fine, so something else must have corrupted the table in the rom base.

Also, is it normal for Shedinja to not take damage from poison or burn in Gen III? Because it's not being hurt by them in this rombase. Poison does absolutely nothing and when burned, it says "Shedinja was hurt by its burn!" but it loses no health.

Last edited:

sharzin

the biggest iranian pokemon fan
Years
when i use this patch or any other patch that includes this i cannot continue hacking. (do i have to use it on a finished project?)

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
Years
Pokemon Game Editor has changed quite a bit so the ini that is currently provided with the download does not work anymore.

I have attached an ini that will work with the latest version of PGE. Simply put it in the same folder as the ROM and as long as the ROM and ini have the same name PGE will detect it.

PGE also supports new types. simply replace the PGETypeList.txt with the one I have attached and you should be good to go.

Attachments

• MrDollSteak's Decap and Attack Rombase 1.5a.ini
    4.3 KB · Views: 141
  • PGETypeList.txt
    175 bytes · Views: 107
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 18, 2016
Pokemon Game Editor has changed quite a bit so the ini that is currently provided with the download does not work anymore.

I have attached an ini that will work with the latest version of PGE. Simply put it in the same folder as the ROM and as long as the ROM and ini have the same name PGE will detect it.

PGE also supports new types. simply replace the PGETypeList.txt with the one I have attached and you should be good to go.

I love your tool!

Can you please update your download link to include these please? Thank you!

Last edited:

Exodrake

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 30, 2016
I was Metronome battling myself in a double link battle, and I got this strange message which only came up in the second emulator:
weird_message_by_exodrake-d9oxpcm.png

This message sometimes pops up when Moody activates. (they all have Moody, it was a Moody Metronome shenanigan-fest don't judge me)

I'm not sure if this counts as a bug or it's intentional but it weirded me out and I felt the need to post it, it's relevant because this rombase's Moody makes it pop up.

Years
  • Age 22
  • OHIO
  • Seen Apr 17, 2016
You know, just to make sure...

When patching, we can just patch with the 1.5a update, correct? Or do you have to patch with the original and then the update?

It didn't make sense in my head that you'd have to patch both, so I went ahead and just did the update.

Exodrake

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 30, 2016
You know, just to make sure...

When patching, we can just patch with the 1.5a update, correct? Or do you have to patch with the original and then the update?

It didn't make sense in my head that you'd have to patch both, so I went ahead and just did the update.
There's two patches: one to update over 1.5 and the full 1.5a standalone. Which one you apply depends on your rom. If you are patching a clean rom then you can just use the full one and don't need 1.5 first.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Aug 29, 2023
This might be silly question, but I'm totally new to hex editing. For the Daycare fix do I insert the bytes or overwrite the bytes at 25F7F2 with the new code?

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
Years
I've updated PGE to 3.4 and with that has come some new additions to the ini. I've attached an ini for the new version.

The PGETypeList.txt that has the fairy type is included with PGE by default now since it does not mess up anything if you don't have the Fairy type installed.

Attachments

• MrDollSteak's Decap and Attack Rombase 1.5a.ini
    4.4 KB · Views: 1,563

pokefreak890

The One that will make everything great
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
how do u update pge to 3.4 is there a download we have to find or is it in the application itself

Years
Where is the routine for the -Ate abilities in this rombase hooked? I want to dismantle it so I can use the implementation posted in the Ability Resource instead, since I customized the routine to add more -Ate abilities.

I'm here asking the same Exodrake. I just reinserted the -ate abilities that were there already so I wouldn't have to change your code.
But I'm afraid they will conflict when it branches to one or another, since they will branch in the very same place but to two different places.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
Kudos for this rombase!

Although I tried to open my patched ROM in G3HS but it didn't work; I this error (in attachment).

I did copy the MrDs ini into G3HS' ini. Not sure what I did wrong after that.

Attachments

• error.png
    error.png
    20.8 KB · Views: 36

curiters

Oblivious - prevents me from being afflicted by in
Years
  • Seen Jan 17, 2017
Kudos for this rombase!

Although I tried to open my patched ROM in G3HS but it didn't work; I this error (in attachment).

I did copy the MrDs ini into G3HS' ini. Not sure what I did wrong after that.

in the ini of mrds did you change [mrds] to [0000]?

Back