• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Patch: MrDollSteak's Decap. and Attack Rombase

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 28, 2021
@Jaygore

This is a ROM base which could be used as a starting point of your own ROM hack ages ago. It's not meant as a playable game.

This ROM base has several bugs that have never been fixed. It is not in active development anymore and even Mr. Dollsteak himself doesn't recommend using it. It has been surpassed by other resources of which the CFRU is the best/most recent.

In short, don't use Mr. Dollsteak's ROM Base.

Oh, well then thanks for the response!

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Jul 26, 2023
Hi, I know you've mentioned in this post that this patch does not work with hacks that are already in progress, But What if I made a hack that only replaces the pokemon with fakemons of my own, I Can't think of anything I did that conflicts with the patch, So would it work?

Years
  • Age 19
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Hi, I know you've mentioned in this post that this patch does not work with hacks that are already in progress, But What if I made a hack that only replaces the pokemon with fakemons of my own, I Can't think of anything I did that conflicts with the patch, So would it work?

It should work, but the movesets of the fakemon will be the updated original movesets (I think)

Years
  • Seen today
@MrShtok

It depends completely on where you imported your sprites in the ROM and where Mr. Dollsteak imported his changes. They shouldn't interfere, otherwise they're incompatible. Mr. Dollsteak mentioned some of his offsets, but probably not all. So you're pretty much never sure whether they're compatible.

Either way, don't use this base. It's buggy and outdated. Even Mr. Dollsteak himself recommends not to use it.

Mahian23

Behold my Supreme Power!
Years
Can I implant Both Dynamic Pokemon Expansion and Sideway Stairs with Jpan's hacked engine in this rombase together?

Edit: Dynamic Pokemon Expansion broke the game.It now shows white screen when opened. TwT.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen today
@Mahian23

Probably not, no. Also, don't use this base, it's outdated, buggy ans obsolete. Even Mr. Dollsteak himself recommends not to use it.

@Moderator

Is it a good idea to close this thread for new posts? It's not being actively developed anymore and new people still get drawn to this once in a while somehow.

Years
  • Age 17
  • Seen Apr 5, 2024
Please can i have help as to how to add to fire red then to PGE pls new romhacker trying to make a huge romhack featuring every region

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 14, 2022
I know this thread is likely to be discontinued,
but I want to know the move ID substitutions of the newer/fairy moves. Specifically "Disarming voice". Which move does it replace/what is its decimal/hex number?
Many FR hacks include the moves table from this base.

Thanks for any help,

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 18, 2022
After applying MdDS 1.5a to a clean BPRE 1.0, themn I applied JPAN's FRHE using the Hack tool. I have found an bug in the specials introduced by FRHE to read pokemon data:

Special 0x06 correctly stores the pointers to decrypted pokemon data at Adress 0x0203f464 as expected. However, when trying to read them using special 0x7 (read EVs) to 0xE (read held item), the game crashes. mGBA gives an error, usually stating that the game is calling to BIOS. The change values specials (change IVs, species, etc) work correctly.

To rule out the posibility that there was some kind of error in the hack tool, I used it on a fresh BPRE 1.0 and there it works perfectly. In fact, I have checked that the tool does the same in both MrDS base and BPRE 1.0, for special 0x7 it writes a pointer at the offset 0x15fd7c (i supose that it is a pointer in the special table pointing to the routine), and then at that offset it writes 06 B5 05 4A 11 88 05 48 0B 29 03 DC 6C 30 00 68 40 18 00 78 06 BD 00 00 C2 70 03 02 00 F4 03 02 (I think that it is the routine).

Maybe JPANs routine my be incompatible with some of the changes MrDS made?

I'd appreciate help to understand what may be happening.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 25, 2023
Hi, I was curious if Sandstorm has been given the secondary effect of increasing Rock Pokemon's Sp.Def while activated. I was testing to see if it does and as far as I can tell it doesn't. Would anyone mind clearing this up for me thank you :)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
I'm wondering why the Dynamic Attack Rombase for emerald keeps making my game freeze while the music still plays? I didn't use any hex editor due to my computer being incapable of getting any decomp so I patched it. Do any of you know how to repoint all movesets without the pokemon having no moves to use in battle? Please explain and make a better patch that doesn't freeze on emerald. I'm sick and tired of that...

Back