• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Patch: MrDollSteak's Decap. and Attack Rombase

Years
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
I've patched to a few different FR roms and seem to have same problem on them all, mixed up text from the start, graphic gltiches on PC open, start menu messed up...is this a common thing that I have to fix?

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
I've patched to a few different FR roms and seem to have same problem on them all, mixed up text from the start, graphic gltiches on PC open, start menu messed up...is this a common thing that I have to fix?

Make sure you're using a 1.0 ROM? Can't think of much else besides that, If you're patching on to a clean ROM there shouldn't be any problems.

Years
  • Seen Nov 29, 2021
Now thanks to Familia Werneck providing me with a save file I have FINALLY fixed the Day-care bug.
It seems to be corruption caused by G3HS regarding the Egg Move Table. So I would recommend people to not use this feature of the tool.

Navigate to 25F7F2 in your rom and paste in this section of bytes:

Code:
00 00 00 0C 01 11 05 0F 08 00 20 5A 41 08 00 00 00 00 
20 5A 41 08 01 00 00 00 C8 61 41 08 05 00 00 00
FC F7 25 08 ED 7A 10 08 B5 69 04 08 03 00 03 00 
00 02 08 00 20 31 01 03 3C E3 41 08 61 E3 41 08 
7C E3 41 08 A8 E3 41 08 FE FF 60 6F 8B FF F4 4B 
28 25 72 4E DE 6B 9D 53 19 43 2F 27 4D 2A 1C 00 
1C 00 1C 00 1C 00 1C 00 1C 00 1C 00 90 73 00 00
Is that in addition or replacing the following values?

Additionally I'm struggling to find a 1.0 Rom rather than a 1.1.

Last edited:

pokefreak890

The One that will make everything great
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
i have a question and an issue i would like to point out

the question
does life orb work in this base?

issue
the ability mummy for some reason enables fighting moves to hit ghost types but only the ones with mummy this shoudnt be happening

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Sep 16, 2017
Hey sorry to bother you but...
how do i edit the Pokemon Lvl Attacks i have used Gen III Editor by KarateKid and the only thing that apears is a /x for all the attacks our what tools should i use to edit them?

[Sorry for grammar error im Portuguese] :P

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 26, 2023
Hey there,
I'm having some trouble using this patch as well. I'm trying to edit the rom in Pokemon Game Editor, but whenever I try to do anything I get an error.

When I try to edit Pokemon, it says "Conversion from string """" to type 'Double' is not valid".

When I try anything else, it says "Input string was not in a correct format."

I have copied the roms.ini from the Dollsteak patch download to the ini folder of PGE.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 19, 2020
Hey,
I'm having a lot of trouble trying to load this patch in G3HS. I keep getting this error message:
At rom offset 0xfffffe there is an unknown rom id. This means that your rom has a number at the offset of the rom id that is not in the ini. Would you like to overwrite this number with a new one? Please note that this could result in data loss if, for example, there was an image at that location causing this issue. If no, this program will close.
So far, I've applied the bug patches (Natural Cure and Day Care) in the code, edited some moves, and replaced some Pokemon using PGE. I don't know if that could have made a difference. Does anyone know how to fix this? I'm new to all this, so I may be missing something obvious. Thank you!

Ayonn-

The Unbelivable
Years
Hey,
I'm having a lot of trouble trying to load this patch in G3HS. I keep getting this error message:

So far, I've applied the bug patches (Natural Cure and Day Care) in the code, edited some moves, and replaced some Pokemon using PGE. I don't know if that could have made a difference. Does anyone know how to fix this? I'm new to all this, so I may be missing something obvious. Thank you!

Go in a Hex editor and go to the bottom of the rom, the "00 00" at the end to replace the wrong ID, it worked many times for me

Years
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
Gosh I've tried like every god damn solution suggested by the moves and abilities just show up as messed up, i.e .x/ in G3HS. I HAVE CHANGED THE CORRECT VALUES TO MrDS. I AM USING THE CORRECT .INI I AM USING THE RIGHT VERSION OF G3HS

SOMEONE HELP!!

Years
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
Ok, I solved G3HS. Now when I try to open in PGE, I just get "Not one of the Pokemon games.." what on earth?

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
Ok, I solved G3HS. Now when I try to open in PGE, I just get "Not one of the Pokemon games.." what on earth?
Since you "solved GH3S", I assume you changed the game code from BPRE to MrDS, correct? If you did so, after opening your ROM in GH3S, change back it's game code to BPRE. The code changing just has to be done one time for setup purposes of GH3S, I think.

Years
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
Since you "solved GH3S", I assume you changed the game code from BPRE to MrDS, correct? If you did so, after opening your ROM in GH3S, change back it's game code to BPRE. The code changing just has to be done one time for setup purposes of GH3S, I think.

Ha ha, yes I've done it thanks, further confusion but figured I'd wrote BRPE instead of..yeah.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 22, 2016
I've encountered 3 unlisted errors in this Rom Base that's pretty frustrating seeing as my full rom hack will be completed within the next 2 weeks or so. If possible, please fix them? Or I'll have to remove these moves manually from All of the Pokemon that learn them (very daunting task by the way).

-I inserted Goomy (replacing a Pokemon in the 151 dex, I forgot which), and when I encountered a wild one, it used Protect & the move text kept repeating over & over, making me unable to continue the battle.

-The move 'Tailwind' does nothing, and the animation acts like Bide.

-When encountering a Pokemon with the Snow Warning ability, the text says the wild Pokemon's Snow Warning detected my Pokemon's item (In this case, my Pokemon had on an assault vest). Not anything that would freeze the game, but it's going to be really odd for other players to see that.

And those are just 3 of the problems I have encountered with this base during beta testing. There are probably many more not listed here as well, and I don't want my rom hack filled with unknown move glitches that I should not have to fix or remove manually. Is the creator of this base even working on it still? There has not been any change to the main post since last year. It would be a shame if users inserted this base and worked on it for months thinking it would be updated, only to have it forgotten and filled with bugs that will ruin their hard work.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 4, 2024
Hi! I'd like to point out a couple of bugs I found out.

First, Wake-Up Slap doesn't work accurately. The sleep condition is "removed" so to say, the opponent does attack you, but the icon for the sleep condition remains and you can't inflict it with other statuses.
Next, Moonblast has 40 PP.
Another one I found, Stealth Rock damage says the damage is taken by the mon who used the move, not the mon switching in and effectively taking damage.
Finally, Hi Jump Kick has 10% accuracy for some reason.

Besides these, I've had trouble with Magic Guard, which doesn't do anything against Stealth Rock (Clefairy still takes damage from it).
That's it. Thanks a lot for this hack!

Exodrake

The Manliest Chick that Ever Manlied
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 30, 2016
Where are the -ate abilities hooked at in this ROMbase? they are apparently coded differently than the -ate abilities in the ability resource thread. I want to use the latter code because it's easy to expand with my own -ate abilities, but when I implement it it's completely overridden by the old code pre-patched to the rombase. I don't know where to look to remove that. :(

Back