• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Challenge] The Monotype Challenge Returns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 26
  • USA
  • Seen Nov 7, 2022
I had a whole fun post with my update but I accidentally closed the tab and restoring it didn't work so here's the gist.

I'm waiting for a link cable (which is on its way to me now) to get a Gengar so I can finish my FireRed run. In the mean time I decided to get Ruby (one of my personal favorites) out of the way. I forgot to take pictures of the first bit but basically I caught a level 2 Wurmple, by the most beautiful luck in the world it evolved into Cascoon. It took literally forever because the Wurmple line is terrible until it hits the final evolution so all my training (and mainly fainting) had to be done in the grass just outside Oldale. It was at some point when Cascoon was level 8 that I realized I hadn't taken pictures, ya know, like an idiot. So I decided I would start at the next major event. and here's the link to that thread
https://imgur.com/gallery/BAIgHMv

I'll try to make my posts more interesting in the future but today has just been rough so losing my draft before really took a lot of the wind out of my sails.

Spoiler:

Gotcha!

Last edited by a moderator:

hirokimura

Miltank's Fanboy Number One
Years
Grats Radboy ! I like the stockpile baton pass moveset, it's well thought !
May's monologue is cute and gave me chills too, but anyway, grats on beating steven <3

Okay so I started my journey in pokemon black. I'm not taking pictures at the moment since that wasn't that significative for now. I picked Tepig because I'm normal mono and didn't want to fight an emboar in the late game, and as mentioned I caught a lillipup as my starter. Trained him a little, she's level 15 atm and got first badge. Nothing too much tbh, oh, forgot something tho. I learned that pick up can actually pick items used by the opponent in match ! In the gym my pokemon did have oran berry, I was facing another lillipup, my pokemon ate, then foe's pickup picked it, then mine picked it too, that was funny x)

I'll post pictures once I'll have my second pokemon :3

Years
Forum User Name: Whallan
Game(s): I will be playing through in no particular order
Yellow (1/8), Soul Silver, Omega Ruby, Platinum, Black, Y and Ultra Moon
Pokémon Type: Bug
Single/Ultimate/Free Mode?: Ultimate

I plan to be running through a few of them at the same time, Platinum will be done on an emulator as it's the only region I don't own.

First update for yellow, caught a caterpie named Steve and defeated brock.
Spoiler:

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Forum User Name: Whallan
Game(s): I will be playing through in no particular order
Yellow (1/8), Soul Silver, Omega Ruby, Platinum, Black, Y and Ultra Moon
Pokémon Type: Bug
Single/Ultimate/Free Mode?: Ultimate

I plan to be running through a few of them at the same time, Platinum will be done on an emulator as it's the only region I don't own.

First update for yellow, caught a caterpie named Steve and defeated brock.
Spoiler:

Yellow Bug Mono run... ballsy. Good luck, you'll need it.

Years
  • Seen Sep 16, 2021
Crystal update:
I took my time clearing out the rocket hideout and it was awful.
I finished with the hideout and headed to the gym to face Pryce.
Managed to finally evolve my R. Rocket into a crobat.
Wasn't nearly as hard as I thought it would be so I have my seventh badge now.
After getting a call from the professor I headed to the radio tower to clean up.
I basically destroyed team rocket with one hand behind my back.
My rival Rumba showed and actually almost beat me but the power of items was on my side.
I finished off the last remains of team rocket and was told by Eusine to go to tin tower.
I defeated the 3 sages and caught it (cause that's what it wanted me to do).
Decided Bret M. isn't pulling his weight and perma-benched him.
Now heading for Icy cave.

Current team:
Blues S. (Gengar) lvl 36
Matt S. (Arbok) lvl 31
Rikki R. (Nidoking) lvl 31
R. Rockett (Crobat) lvl 31

Years
  • Seen Sep 16, 2021
Um question in regards to pokemon that can't fight back when you get them like abra and ralts for psychic runs is it acceptable to switch train them til they learn an attack move?

Years
  • Age 26
  • USA
  • Seen Nov 7, 2022
Crystal update:
I took my time clearing out the rocket hideout and it was awful.
I finished with the hideout and headed to the gym to face Pryce.
Managed to finally evolve my R. Rocket into a crobat.
Wasn't nearly as hard as I thought it would be so I have my seventh badge now.
After getting a call from the professor I headed to the radio tower to clean up.
I basically destroyed team rocket with one hand behind my back.
My rival Rumba showed and actually almost beat me but the power of items was on my side.
I finished off the last remains of team rocket and was told by Eusine to go to tin tower.
I defeated the 3 sages and caught it (cause that's what it wanted me to do).
Decided Bret M. isn't pulling his weight and perma-benched him.
Now heading for Icy cave.

Current team:
Blues S. (Gengar) lvl 36
Matt S. (Arbok) lvl 31
Rikki R. (Nidoking) lvl 31
R. Rockett (Crobat) lvl 31

Almost there, man. Keep it up!

Um question in regards to pokemon that can't fight back when you get them like abra and ralts for psychic runs is it acceptable to switch train them til they learn an attack move?

Switch training is totally acceptable for Pokémon who can't fight back. However, if the pokemon is the only one of your type submitted for the challenge, you may not challenge any gyms until the Pokémon in question can "fight back".

Years
Forum User Name: Count
Game(s): X
Pokémon Type: Grass
Single/Ultimate/Free Mode

Currently arrived in Shalour City. My team thus far:

597.png
Vyce | Lv. 17
133.png
Zelda | Lv. 31
413.png
Joana | Lv. 32
315.png
Giullietta | Lv. 32
189.png
Lipa | Lv. 32
673.png
Vitor | Lv. 32

Loving this challenge, I've been meaning to do a grass monotype for a long time. Eevee is a surprisingly valuable assett to the team, due to its typing. I've never had an unevolved Eevee fulfill such an important role on a team. I've also never been this happy with not being able to get the desired eeveelution until late in the game, haha.

Zero-G

on the fly
Years
Reviving a few of my old challenges from the last thread.

Username: Zero-G
Game: Emerald
Type: Fighting, Ground

Game: FireRed
Type: Normal

Game: Dark Rising Origins
Type: Water

Single mode for 'em all.

Years
So we can bring our challenges from the old thread to this one? I think I'll do just that. Here's the link to my original signup.
It's an ultimate Poison challenge, and I believe I'm seven badges into X.
Also, is it allowed for me to use hacks like Sacred Gold/Storm Silver/Blaze Black/Volt White or not?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 7, 2019
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Mar 15, 2019
Forum User Name: Darki
Game(s): Pokemon heart gold
Single/Ultimate/Free Mode?:Single mode.
I going to randomized the game and also do a nuzlocke rules,so I choose what will be.

Years
  • Seen Sep 16, 2021
Crystal update:
Made it to blackthorn after making sure to grab the nevermeltice from icy cave.
Challenged Claire and beat her after a second try.
Went through dragons den pretty easily.
Not sure when I decided to do this but after realizing my nidoking's attack and special attack were nearly the same I bought the gma for thunder punch and ice punch and taught it to him.
Took my time clearing out the route up to victory road for training but it didn't take long.
Finished victory road.
Rumba met me at the exit and tried to spout his factually incorrect nonsense about love and friendship are useless to Pokémon which is why my crobat kicked his golbat's ass.
Immediately challenged league to gauge how much training I needed and got swept by will's first xatu... it wasn't great.
Trained everyone up to 40 and tried again making it all the way to lance (with the unstoppable power of items.
Ran out of items before lance and his aerodactyl outsped all my mons and used rock slide to flinch any that could do damage.
Sulked for 2 days.
Went on a hunt for some type enhancing items.
Obtained hard stone and black glasses.
Finished any remaining level ups from previous attempt.
Bought 30 hyper potions and 20 revives.
Swept will.
Super swept koga (he's not even that good of a poison type trainer anyway)
Swept Bruno.
Swept Karen.
Fought a super hard battle with some great poetic justice of flinching aerodactyl to death and beat lance.
Became champion... decided it wasn't enough and got on a boat.
Beat up local and stole his jewelry (beat lt. surge).
Went on a quest to fix the power plant.
Took photos to send to thread.

Oh boy it's been a long run so far (66 hours to reach and beat league) but we're more than halfway done now. I can hear Hoenn calling my name. I forgot to take a picture at the time so my pictures are team in Kanto I also made a pic showing me in saffron.

Current team:
Blues S. (Gengar) lvl 44
Matt S. (Arbok) lvl 45
Rikki R. (Nidoking) lvl 51
R. Rockett (Crobat) lvl 44

Years
  • Seen Sep 16, 2021
I'm sorry I forgot to post the pictures I'm having some trouble uploading them but I should be able to get them up sometime today.

Years
(I've already started mine, I'm on the fourth badge)
Game: Pokemon Crystal
Type: water
single

I'm not going to be updating too much since I'm going to be invested in the halloween special, I guess I'm here mainly for recognition ;D

Current team (In fourth gym)
Hackjaw (Croconaw lv. 23)
Big Mamma (Poliwag lv. 23)
MudBud (Quagsire lv. 21) (I was originally going to name him Mmhmm after Gates to Infinity, but it sounded a little weird and I kinda want to forget that game :/)
Splashy (Magikarp lv. 16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back