• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spinoff/Mobile Does anyone actually like Phil?

Do you like Phil?

• Yeah, he's cool

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • I detest his very soul

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • I don't care either way

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Who's Phil?

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters

bobandbill

one more time
Years
  • What the title says. And I don't mean indifferent, or tolerant of - do you actually like the character Phil? And what are your thoughts on the rest of the cast, for that matter?

Years
  • I honestly don't care either way since it takes a lot for me to actually dislike a character, but Phil..... I really feel like he serves little purpose. Wish they developed him a little more. :x

CiCi

[font=Satisfy]Obsession: Watanuki Kimihiro and Izu
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    I think my feelings about Phil can be summed up in one meme.

Spoilers for Pokemon Snap if anyone actually cares anymore. Also my entire profile is a spoiler so... My bad.
    Spoiler:

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I liked the idea of a rival but they just kind of forgot to do anything with him beyond have him whine in the corner when you take a centred shot, lol. I think maybe if he had like... any real functionality to the game that made him stand out from others at the camp, it would feel better to have him there. Like, maybe instead of giving you the same kinds of little missions everyone else did, he gave you timed missions, like "I bet you can't get X amount of points on your next outing" or "I bet you can't take at least X three-star photos on your next outing" he'd at least feel... like he had a purpose. Like, it's not interesting if he's declaring himself your rival if you're literally in a whole other league from him for some reason. Make it competitive! Or make him actually mean with the ability to back it up because at least then he'd be funny. Give me a reason to care about him at all!

Anyway to answer the question no I don't like him, lol.

Years
  • I had to scratch my head to even remember who phil was.... I ignore all comments the npc's make when I take a pic so he is pretty much non existent to me.

Back