Dapper bowler hat

Age 30
Male
Arizona, USA
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 5 Days Ago
1,493 posts
10.5 Years
She's been here since the beginning, but it's time for a proper SU for Sunny.

Name: Sonya "Sunny" Dey
Pronouns: She/Her
Home Region: Kinyo
Device: Holotch.
Pokémon on Hand:
Sputter (Litwick) (F)
Ability: Flash Fire
Level: 19
Timid Nature
- Ember
- Minimize
- Confuse Ray
- Hex
- Will-o-Wisp

Flare (Darumaka) (M)
Ability: Hustle
Level: 15
Hasty Nature
- Rock Smash
- Taunt
- Bite
- Incinerate
- Fire Fang
- Headbutt

Striker (Aron) (F)
Ability: Rock Head
Level: 20
Impish Nature
- Reversal
- Harden
- Headbutt
- Metal Claw
- Rock Tomb
- Protect

Appearance:
Spoiler:

At 5' 6", Sunny is slightly over average height, with a lean and wiry frame. She has tan skin, green eyes, and naturally red hair that she dyes a brighter shade of red, with her bangs grown out to two distinct points that frame her face, the tips of which are dyed yellow. She dresses casual, with her clothes usually being cheap or second-hand, as long as they're comfortable and she can move. She has a short leather jacket, which she's started rolling the sleeves up on after getting a fancy watch phone.

Personality: Direct, assertive, and absolutely lacking a filter, Sunny says what she feels and does what she wants. She's very physical, and doesn't quite grasp the idea of "personal space". She likes to take charge of a situation, but gets frustrated easily. Combined with her flair for the dramatic and apparent lack of shame, it would take an extreme amount of patience to be her friend, so she's gotten used to being alone. That said, if she does get close to someone, she's fiercely protective of them.

History: Sunny was born in Kinyo, a region where Pokémon training is on the decline. She grew up hearing stories of dramatic battles and Champions who were like local heroes, and wanted to enter the Pokémon League to battle for the crowds and inspire young children, just like she had been. She set out to capture her own Pokémon, but without the right equipment or training, ended up essentially kidnapping a wild animal, suffering a nasty burn for her efforts. Rather than become discouraged, she resolved to become a Trainer the right way, and enrolled in the Mahono Academy. Unfortunately, shortly after starting her journey, the Kinyo League shut down due to lack of interest. She heard that some Kinyo trainers, including her best friend and rival, were relocating to the Hoenn region, so she set out to continue her journey there.

Current Goal: For now, Sunny just wants fun and adventure, but would like to become a Gym Leader or even Champion some day. If that doesn't work out, maybe she could be a Ranger or Researcher, something that lets her go explore.

Juno

Age 26
Female
Canadia
Seen 11 Hours Ago
Posted 3 Days Ago

Picrews Used: 1 | 2

MARCELLA MACMILLAN

PREFERRED NAME: Marcella, Marcie to close friends. Probably Marcella to you.
PRONOUNS: She/Her
HOME REGION: Hoenn, Lilycove City
DEVICE: Rotom Phone

POKEMON ON HAND

Bijou the Purrloin, Lv 15 - Scratch | Fake Out | Sand Attack | Play Rough

Bijou is lazy. Years of barely participating in battles have made her gluttonous and a little chubby. She knows a few party tricks Marcella will pull out to impress guests, but she is basically a housecat who is being forced outside for this journey at this point.

APPEARANCE

Marcella is quite tall, standing at 6'1" and at a healthy weight of 155 lbs, which is something she is always working on. She is naturally more on the curvy side, but because she aspire(d) to be a model, she works out often to try and stay thin, though she is still a bit "heavier" for a model and is self conscious of that.

She has long, wavy dark brown hair that is dyed a cool, ash-brown. With her aspirations, she is obviously very keen on fashion and is always immaculately dressed in the latest trends. She always wears an amethyst ring, matching her Purrloin's coat color (this will be a thing).

PERSONALITY

She's taller than you. She's richer than you. She's prettier than you. She's more elegant than you.

She's better than you.

And she's not afraid to let you know. Subtly, of course. Bragging isn't cute.

She's also good at everything. No, really. At least you might have that perception at first, because she will not participate in and feign disinterest over anything she's not good at. Never try, never fail, after all. This is going to be difficult because her dad is sending her on this stupid League journey. Why doesn't she want to go? It's boring. Pokemon are boring. That's all.

If she doesn't impress/intimidate you, she will try to charm you. If she can't charm you, well... Bring out the Ice Queen. Her attitude will go from 100 to 0 real quick.

Underneath all this is a lot of insecurity, and her fear of disappointing her family manifests outwardly as a very carefree, even lazy attitude. She's learned to be critical and judgmental from her dad, often critiquing others to cope with how she has been critiqued.

BRIEF HISTORY

You could say Marcella grew up in the lap of luxury - she and her brother never grew up wanting, and they live in a spacious, beautiful home with their dad. Despite this, she always felt a bit of an emotional rift between her and her family, likely due to the time her dad spends working and his high expectations of his children, as he believes they have no excuse to not do well in life when they have been so well provided for, and subsequently the competitive nature of her relationship with her brother that arose as they fought for their dad's approval. She was always pretty, popular and envied throughout her schooling, so she was more comfortable surrounding herself with friends and admirers.

Avery MacMillan (Brother)

Two years older than Marcella. Star child and pride of their father. Effortlessly good at battles, and partially why Marcella doesn't really want to get into battling, because she perceives this as Avery's thing and wants to find her own, rather than being overshadowed by her brother. Will not have trouble finding work as Gym staff or a Gym Leader when he decides to, but currently content traveling and making money just as a professional trainer and from winning tournaments.

Henry MacMillan (Father)

Currently a successful businessman, but was also a very good trainer in his youth. His experience as a trainer and sharp mind helped him find work designing and creating new products for other trainers at Devon Corporation, where he rose the ranks quickly.

Wants the best for his children. Critical and judgemental, but he means well. He says hurtful things, not because he's mean but he thinks he's being helpful. Unknowingly drives a lot of Marcella's insecurities and refusal to try new things, so as to not fail in front of him.

CURRENT GOAL

She always knew she wanted to do something in the fashion industry. Being blessed with her height, modeling made a lot of sense to her and she loved it, having worked a few gigs since she turned 18. But her dad really wanted her to do something a bit more stable and not so looks-reliant with her career, especially knowing how hard she works just to barely stay slim enough for the industry.

She was given a decision to make - he gave her the opportunity to apply to a school of her choice (she picked fashion design, naturally), but if she can't get in, she will take some time off to take on the League, earn some money while she does that and even if she doesn't do well, it might inspire her to follow another career path, the way it did for him and Avery. After all, it's something he is familiar with, and Avery is familiar with, so she will have lots of help from her family.

FLAVOR

• Adept at the piano
  • Not a bad dancer (trained in ballet)
  • Likes attending and hosting parties
  • F-Zero............... I didn't forget
  • Jewelry enthusiast

WRITING SAMPLE

[OOC: I realize this might not have been the best sample considering how she interacts with her dad will be quite different from how I envision her interacting with her peers, but I wanted to write this as a glimpse into her home life, so this would be more of an extension of her Brief History/Goal more than Personality.

I also realize the point of a sample is just to showcase how I write, which you are fairly familiar with now anyway, so this was not really necessary. :p]

Battle post sample here.

Spoiler:

00. FIND YOURSELF

The edges of the paper were crumpled from how tightly she was still clutching it. She sat reading and re-reading it, as if the letters would change if she stared hard enough. But no matter how strongly she willed it, the words "the Admissions Committee regrets to inform you we cannot offer you a place in our program at this time" were immutable. All she could hear was her own heartbeat pulsing softly in her ears.

...And the humming coming from her dad. It had been maybe half an hour since she opened her letter, but he wasted no time prepping to send her out the door, as if she was going to leave for this stupid journey right this evening.

"Make sure you pack warm enough - I know you like your dainty little coats that aren't practical at all. You're taking at least one real jacket with you, you'll thank me later. Oh! Do you have enough money? Let me get my wallet."

The latter was a phrase she loved hearing on any other day, but she could barely hear him yammering on cheerfully today as she continued to hide behind the letter.

Oh, da-aad," she called out from the sofa in a sing-song voice, trying not to sound bitter.

"Yeah, hon?"

"Your absolute joy at my failure is leaking out."

"Oh, don't say that, Marcie - I don't want you to fail, it's just..." He sighed, stopping to turn and face her, and softening his tone. "Modeling is not a career. Assuming you're successful, you've got, what, maybe another 10 or 15 years ahead of you in this? And then what, then you find a real job?"

"Helena Ruth is 37 and still going strong."

"That's great, but how many Helena Ruths are actively working in the industry? And my question still stands, I know you're not that interested in design, you just wanted to use getting into a design school to stay in that field or work and eventually get back into modeling, but I'm telling you, it's not sustainable." He stood back up to continue packing for her as he kept talking, but she was not in the mood to join in on the conversation or the packing. "You're a smart girl, you're gonna do great in the League, and this is something your brother and I can both help and support you with. We're both just one call away."

She continued to keep her mouth shut. He sighed again.

"This is good for you, I promise. I'm excited for you, I had so much fun on my journey, and I know Avery did as well. And most importantly, you'll grow and find yourself."

Bijou stalked into the room at this moment, probably sensing the tension. She hopped up on the sofa next to Marcella and mewed at her, who finally cracked a smile as she put down the letter to pet her Pokémon. Marcella's dad looked at the Purrloin with a mixed expression of pity and disgust.

"And for the love of god, take that thing outside and put her in some battles. She's getting lazy and fat, just like you. When was the last time she used those claws for anything other than to swipe some cookies off the table?"

That wiped the smile off her face. She could hear her heart pounding again. She might have gained a few pounds from the stress-eating she had been doing while waiting for this letter, and she hadn't been working out as frequently the past couple of weeks, but she didn't need to hear that. Not now. This was so cruel. He was giving her no time to mourn her failure and just obliviously piling on the salt to her fresh wounds and practically kicking her out for this journey while insulting her and her Pokémon.

I hate battling. Bijou hates battling. I do like fashion design and it's not just all about modeling and looking pretty. I will work hard to show you and I will reapply next year. Going on this journey isn't going to change my mind.

She rehearsed this in her head a few times and opened her mouth to tell him exactly how she felt.

"...I'm not fat." Was all she managed to get out. She stood up and left the room.

Aquacorde

light me up // knock me down

Age 27
she/her/he/him
Ankh-Morpork
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
11,225 posts
16.4 Years
Marcella is accepted!! I can't wait to see what she does on her journey (´∩。• ᵕ •。∩`)

Also, while I'm here, pinkiswin has officially retired Jason Lee from the RP. I'll update the IC OP soon~
edgy the weedle
my vpp
my art
rp: hoenn: square one
rp: trainers
sig by me feat riki's pokémon

Eleanor

Reginald Kastle

Age 21
Italy
Seen 4 Hours Ago
Posted 4 Hours Ago
1,681 posts
4.4 Years
I added Hikaru's information and made a quick, very minor update to Avril's Sign up as well! You can find everything in the first post I made, right here!

When people grow up, they often lose sight of the most important part of themselves. However, I don't want you to ever throw those things away. The power to believe in people, the heart that never gives up... don't ever sacrifice those.
Reginald Kastle2020 Staff Collab

Eleanor 🌸 Paired with Ninetales 🌸 Moderator of Challenges and Writer's Lounge

Aquacorde

Age 27
she/her/he/him
Ankh-Morpork
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
11,225 posts
16.4 Years
update time! havent done it in a while, oops...

The following has been updated in Chapter 3's post:
Enomoto Pokémon Conservatory
The large, glass-domed conservatory lies in the south of Petalburg and is run by June’s uncle, Tetsuo Enomoto. He's inherited the conservatory due to pressure from his family, being the only young adult with a license and no children or other responsibilities to take care of in the Enomoto family. Tetsuo has always been more interested in battling than conservatory work and he struggles to keep the place afloat. To that end, he has started charging an admission fee for visitors to the conservatory. Petalburg locals and the rest of the family were revolted by the decision, but the point stands that the conservatory has grown in popularity as a tourist destination, even to the point of hosting a small gift shop with rather basic merchandise. There is a large field behind the conservatory for those species that need to run, and a small, traditional home is attached to the building itself but is not open to visitors- Tetsuo lives here.

During weekdays, visitors may pay the small admission fee to walk a designated route through the conservatory, denoted by paved paths and fencing in certain areas. All kinds of Pokémon can be seen here, many not native to Hoenn. Catching Pokémon inside the conservatory is strictly forbidden, as many of the Pokémon belong to members of the Enomoto family personally.

OOC: Tetsuo is controlled by Kiki. Please talk to her if you have questions or would like to visit the conservatory! He also posts jobs on the board at the Pokémon Center.

PLAYERS
mdebourg has been automatically removed from the RP due to a non-communicative absence of one month. I hope he's well.
pinkiswin has chosen to retire, as his interest in roleplaying with us led his wife to become interested in Pokémon, and really what he was seeking was to share that with someone. Which is very nice and I wish him the best. :)

PLAYER DOC UPDATES

Hiatus Status
If you haven’t posted in a while or have been absent from the group Discord, I will likely DM you and ask if you would like to put your character on hiatus. You will still be in the Discord server and in the RP, just deemed inactive for all purposes until you decide you are ready to come back. You will not be tagged by @Cast nor expected to follow what is going on in the server or the RP. The only time you will be pinged is when I publish a new chapter, and you have no obligation to respond to that ping.

To come back from hiatus, all you need to do is publish a new post IC. That’s it. You don’t have to inform me beforehand or anything. You can choose to pick up your character’s story in any location IC, whether that be right where you left off or in the most recent location. Please be considerate of the timeline when moving your character to a different location. Of course, there is no real penalty for being on hiatus or skipping areas. The consequences are simply that you miss out on the levels, rewards, and story opportunities that you choose to skip over.

Please re-familiarize yourself with this document before returning. If you need help or want to talk about the ideal way your character could re-integrate into the story, I am of course available~

Types and Interactions
Ghost types all have the ability to phase through things. The ability to become invisible is a result of that- they simply allow all light to phase through their forms, thus becoming invisible. However, both types of phasing take concentration and energy to perform and maintain.
For the less corporeal crowd, phasing is second nature. A Gastly or the like could easily pass through walls. More solid ghosts, those that are a spirit in a container, find it more difficult. At first, a Golett might be concerned about an incoming Tackle, only to phase through the hit on instinct.
AREAS
Each area post will have prospective travel times and usual weather included. However, as previously mentioned, you all have a great deal of autonomy regarding what you choose to do.

Locations
There will be various locations within an area. Things like Gyms, Contest Halls, caves, Ranger Stations… places to explore, with things to do and people to talk to. Some will be presented by me, but you can absolutely make your own places, especially in cities. And your own characters and things to do. The things I present to you are not be-all, end-all. It's a huge world!

Prompts
In chapter posts, anything marked "prompt" is something that I have created that you character may choose to do in that location. It will be unusual for an activity to be required. I don't have plans for anything of the sort, but we'll see what comes up.

My intent is to present you with a variety of prompts in each area. Some will have rewards associated with them, others will be just a jumping-off point for you to take wherever. I will give you all the details at the outset for some, and hand out details in secret for others. Some will be accessible to anyone at any point, and others will have limitations on timing and players. For those that are limited to a certain amount of players, I will ask everyone to express interest or disinterest in the quest. If more people than admissible express interest, I will roll some dice to randomly choose the player(s) that will be able to participate. This should be a bit more fair than first come, first serve since we're all in different timezones with different schedules. :)

NPCs
As with quests, I will often present NPCs to interact with. Usually, I will give them a short profile and turn them over to you. Occasionally, I will retain control over them- interacting with these characters will involve a JP with me. I'll make it very clear which characters are which type! Gym leaders will always be the first type, I can assure you that.

Sometimes, players may choose to make their own NPCs available to interact with. They may have their own blurb in a chapter post, or simply be around the area. Talk to the creators of those NPCs to interact with them!

IC Time
Remember to keep your timing logical. For your character to move between locations, to complete their missions, to have conversations- everything takes time. Think about how long things may take, and know when your character is in the timeline, because it matters when you want to work with another player. Some quests and areas will be time-dependant as well.

You should always know what day your character is currently experiencing, and at least an approximate time of day for events- morning, noonish, evening, night. Y’know. I advise marking the header or footer of your posts with the date and time just so everyone knows when things are taking place. If an event is going to happen on a specific day/time in a specific location, I'll make it very clear. Otherwise, feel free to play it however you want and advance your time when you need to!

PokéDexes
The PokéDex issued to all journeying trainers is a full encyclopedia, a complete database of Pokémon, moves, abilities, and habitats. It also is synched to the PokéBalls a trainer has registered to them, offering detailed information on their Pokémon. All information is stored locally, so it works even in the deepest of caves and most remote of areas, whether or not a trainer has data connection. It scans Pokémon with extremely high accuracy and though its ability to identify moves is less accurate, it still functions well when given enough information.

Most trainers, however, use the very basic app on their devices rather than pull out the whole PokéDex every time they need something.

Items & TMs
Berries, evolution items and stones, fossils, held items, TMs… I control the distribution of these kinds of things. You'll often find them as rewards for quests, along with specialty PokéBalls and other things that are normally very rare or expensive.

TMs are not numbered and do not break. TRs for very powerful moves may be available down the line. Any move that has ever existed can be written to a TM or TR! But your Pokémon can still only learn things that its species can normally. Most of the time, when I give a TM as a quest reward, it won't be a named TM. Instead, I'll give a category like "a grass-type status move" or "a physical steel-type move with power 60 or less".

The mechanism for writing TMs or TRs to a Pokémon is based on the one in the Electric Tale of Pikachu manga. Embyr has made a lovely little diagram for reference! A TR would work similarly, but the machine would be erased after use. Another TR could be written to that machine in the future. [click for full size]

SCAN
Your character may choose to use the SCAN function of your device once per area to increase the chance of finding a chosen listed Pokémon. (IC: the Rangers limit SCAN function to once per area to limit hunting for rare and powerful Pokémon.) This has a side effect of significantly increasing the chance of the found Pokemon being shiny, having a Hidden Ability, and having a cool egg move. SCAN does count as one of your three encounter rolls, so keep that in mind, and none of its effects are guaranteed. You must tell me what you are scanning for when you request a SCAN roll.

Contest Pass
To apply for a Contest Pass, you must provide staff at the Contest Hall with a signed receipt for your class and a Hoenn-registered trainer license. The pass activates immediately. Your pass will allow you to participate in D-Rank contests, which is the beginner level. Two ribbons in D-Rank allows a coordinator to graduate to C-Rank and upgrade their Pass. Three ribbons in C-Rank and a coordinator graduates to B-Rank and may enter the Grand Festival. It is unlikely that anyone will make it to A-Rank. There is also S-Rank, which is given to top-level coordinators who have achieved multiple Grand Festival wins.

Language and International Travel
The international standard language of this world is the one spoken across the Japan-based regions- Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Kinyo, and Sinnoh. In other regions, this language is taught alongside the native language from a young age. Those from Unova, Orre, and Galar share a native language. Kalos has its own native language. And Alola has three in common circulation- the two aforementioned languages and native Alolan, as well. Of course, those from different regions will have distinct accents even if they speak the same language. And perhaps there are even smaller distinctions inside regions themselves!

Weather Effects
Weather effects take energy to maintain from the Pokémon that summoned them. Usually, Pokémon-summoned weather is extremely localized. More powerful Pokémon or groups of Pokémon can learn to clear or change natural weather, though this is not recommended by the Rangers or any other ecological scientists.

Sunny Day and similar will summon a ball of light that mimics the light and heat of the sun. It can also clear any other weather effects that existed prior to its use (its Japanese name isn't "Clear Skies" for nothing!). However, if other weather is summoned after Sunny Day, the two may coexist in a strange fashion. The sun will eventually wane over time.

Hail, Rain Dance, and similar will draw low clouds to the field and create a localized hail or rainstorm. Sunny Day will clear either, but rain and and hail may coexist with each other and/or a sandstorm. They may also coexist with Sunny Day, if they were summoned after. Eventually, the rain or hail will subside and clouds will disperse naturally.

Sandstorm and similar will summon swirling winds that whip sand in all directions in a limited radius. Sunny Day will clear the storm, but rain and hail may coexist with a sandstorm. It may also coexist with Sunny Day, provided the sandstorm was summoned after Sunny Day. Eventually, the winds will die down and any sand will drop to the ground.

--- sorry that's so much; i'll keep on top of it more~
edgy the weedle
my vpp
my art
Male
Online now
Posted 54 Minutes Ago
4 posts
226 Days
Hey GM I hope you're well! 😁

Quick question. If I was to sign up with a character, at what point would I introduce them into the story? Would I start them from a new ferry landing in Hoenn and then quickly work my way up to the area of the other players or would I just jump in at a certain point and like "assume" that everything up to that point was okay and incident free type thing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I don't want to disrupt the flow of the RP as it is by me introducing a character at an awkward point.

Many thanks! 🤗

Aquacorde

Age 27
she/her/he/him
Ankh-Morpork
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
11,225 posts
16.4 Years
Hey GM I hope you're well! 😁

Quick question. If I was to sign up with a character, at what point would I introduce them into the story? Would I start them from a new ferry landing in Hoenn and then quickly work my way up to the area of the other players or would I just jump in at a certain point and like "assume" that everything up to that point was okay and incident free type thing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I don't want to disrupt the flow of the RP as it is by me introducing a character at an awkward point.

Many thanks! 🤗
Welcome to PC~ You could do either, honestly- if there are things you would like to do in Slateport, then it wouldn't be unreasonable for your character to start there on Thursday the 17th or Friday the 18th. If you would prefer to on par with the other players right away, though, your character would probably be best off arriving in Dewford on Saturday the 19th or Sunday the 20th. It's pretty open and free right now, because characters can go between currently available locations in a matter of hours. So it's more about where you want to be and how much writing you want to do!
edgy the weedle
my vpp
my art
Male
Online now
Posted 54 Minutes Ago
4 posts
226 Days
Welcome to PC~ You could do either, honestly- if there are things you would like to do in Slateport, then it wouldn't be unreasonable for your character to start there on Thursday the 17th or Friday the 18th. If you would prefer to on par with the other players right away, though, your character would probably be best off arriving in Dewford on Saturday the 19th or Sunday the 20th. It's pretty open and free right now, because characters can go between currently available locations in a matter of hours. So it's more about where you want to be and how much writing you want to do!
Okay so you as GM would be happy then if I decided to have my character arrive in Dewford on Sunday the 20th? If so I'll go ahead and start writing up an SU and aim to introduce them around that timeframe 😊

Aquacorde

Age 27
she/her/he/him
Ankh-Morpork
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
11,225 posts
16.4 Years
Okay so you as GM would be happy then if I decided to have my character arrive in Dewford on Sunday the 20th? If so I'll go ahead and start writing up an SU and aim to introduce them around that timeframe 😊
Sounds good to me, yeah~ Looking forward to meeting your character!
edgy the weedle
my vpp
my art

Aquacorde

Age 27
she/her/he/him
Ankh-Morpork
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
11,225 posts
16.4 Years
UPDATES

To the OP of the OOC and IC both, I have added the following:
Additionally, I've made a spreadsheet to keep track of several things- primarily characters and inventories, but also NPCs and an attempt at chronological story compilation for ease of review! Check that out here.
Wally has been updated in the chapter post to hand out a TM if you defeat him.
To anyone that defeats him, Wally will hand out the Balance Badge, some prize money, and a nervous apology for being a poor gym leader. Norman dislikes the last offering, and will offer kind but firm criticism of both parties in its place. Victors will also receive a TM copy of any one status move that Wally’s team members know.
We've randomized two themes for contests so far- Monday, Sept 21, 10am Doubles in Dewford [first image] and Tuesday Sept 22, 3pm Singles in Petalburg [second image].

PLAYER DOC UPDATES

Contest Rounds
The first round is a themed challenge. Coordinators will interpret the challenge however they choose and have a two-minute timeslot to present the judges and audience with their take. Themes are revealed exactly one week ahead of time for each contest- posted online and at the contest hall. The primary theme is the point of the round, but bonuses are given for incorporating secondary and tertiary themes.
OOC: Themes are randomized by Anna. The current randomizer being used is KawaiiHannah’s Pixel Art Theme Generator.

OOC Resources
  • This spreadsheet contains several things- date/location, Pokémon, and inventory tracking for main characters and important NPCs, minor NPC tracking and summaries, and an in-progress chronological review of the story thus far. I try to keep it as up to date and comprehensive as I can but feel free to let me know if you want anything changed/added.
  • Pokémon Database's Item List is the most comprehensive one I've found so far.
  • I use Random.org for everything, pretty much.
  • The current generator used for Contest themes is KawaiiHannah’s Pixel Art Theme Generator.
  • If you want to randomize Metronome for anything, set Thousand Roads’ Metronome Randomizer to “true metronome”.

Licensure
Anyone may apply for any type of license at age 12 or older. School is recommended, especially if the goal is a specific career, but all a person must do is pass a basic Pokémon Care test in order to keep Pokémon. Children under 12 may obtain a license with parental permission, the caveats being that if they journey, they must either do so in their home region or have a guardian journey with them.

The most basic license is a Pet License, which allows for two Pokémon to be registered to a person. These Pokémon may not be used in any battle for stakes, nor may they be used for battles in a professional capacity such as tournaments or contests. Pets also have restrictions on the abilities they may know- think something like “no moves over 50BP”, though the actual legal-ese is more complex than that and probably restrict certain status moves or moves with wild effects.

There are multiple classes of trainer license. Yours is "Journeying Trainer", which says you can keep up to six Pokémon with you and that your main purpose is battling. It also lets you take advantage of amenities provided by the League to assist you in your journey- free rooms at Pokémon Centers, free or reduced transit between cities with gyms, discounts at certain shops, etcetera.

The more usual trainer license is “Professional Trainer”, which allows for trainers to keep more than six Pokémon with them, but limits the free amenities a person has access to outside their home/work area. Professional Trainers still tend to limit their Pokémon on hand to six, though, because that is the easiest number to work with, travel with, and feed at a time. You may also encounter “Student Trainers”, who are provisionally licensed trainers who are attending some sort of Pokémon-focused school. Their license is simply a Pet License with the battling restrictions removed. Student Trainers may also borrow Pokémon from their place of education, with a maximum party size of six.

Other licensure categories include “daycare” and “farmer”. More will be added as I think of them. In Hoenn, “Ranger” is a specific licensure class. More info to come on that one.

Registering a license with another region is simple; you just take your license to any Pokémon Center and the staff will file your information with the regional government. Processing takes twenty-four hours and after that, your license is active. You may either keep your previous physical license or have the Pokémon Center staff issue you a new one. Most people just keep their first license until they lose or destroy it. Changing your licensure category is a similar process, though you must provide more documentation and you are required to be issued a new physical ID.

Brendan, May, Wally
Brendan is Birch’s kid and May is Norman’s.
All three have their names in the Hall of Fame.
Brendan and May are research partners, with May better at gathering data and Brendan better at interpreting it.
Wally is the only one who stuck with battling as a profession.
None of them were caught up in the incident with the legendaries in RSE; adults handled that.

Brawly and Family
Brawly is 5’08.
Brawly’s wife’s name is Shauna. She’s an adventurer of some sort, while Brawly is the homemaker.
Once again, Groc comin’ in hot with Backstory™:
Shauna always admired Brawly, the Gym Leader, but after being his apprentice for a few months, she started loving Brawly, the guy from Dewford…

Brawly had known many Trainers over the years, but he rarely met anyone who he could truly relate to. But then he met Shauna. Not only could she keep up with him on the waves, but she was an excellent training partner. He loved hearing of her dreams, her desire to see the world, and he loved that she'd always eat whatever new recipe he wanted to try...
They have at least two kids- 12 year old twins Alexander and Alexandra, who both go by "Alex" [art by Groc].
Alexandra is a few minutes older.

wow i really just said "i dont wanna do big updates so i'll update more often" and then we did a bunch of things didnt we
edgy the weedle
my vpp
my art
Male
Online now
Posted 54 Minutes Ago
4 posts
226 Days
Apologies about the delay but here is my character. It's been a while since I wrote so excuse the perhaps questionable writing in parts 😬

If there's anything that seems out of place or you would like me to change Aquacorde then feel free to let me know.

Again, many thanks for giving me the chance to join 😁

Character SU

FULL NAME:
Michael Steele

PREFERRED NAME:
Mikey or ‘Mike’, he prefers Mikey though.

PRONOUNS:
He/Him

HOME REGION:
Johto

DEVICE:
PokeGear

POKEMON ON HAND:
Eevee ♀ @ Lvl 15.
Moves: Tackle, Growl, Quick Attack, Baby-Doll Eyes, Dig
Ability: Run Away

APPEARANCE:
Mikey stands at around 150cm and has a particularly slender frame to go along with that. His pale complexion is further complimented by his light-coloured ginger hair. He has green eyes, the beginning of some small wispy facial hair and also an unmistakeable face covered with freckles.

He is usually seen sporting some dark blue jeans, baggy and ill-fitting of course given his stature, some grey trainers, usually some kind of grey or dark black hoodie with just the smallest peek of usually a red or burgundy t-shirt underneath.

If the weather calls for it, he is usually seen with a heavy black winter coat on, typically with the hood up, along with some heavy sweatpants to try and preserve the heat as much as possible and also with some kind of large hiking boots which of course look comically big on him.

Accessory wise, Mikey tries to travel “light”, well, as light as possible considering. The backpack he carries is perhaps a little larger than most would travel with, think a large sized camping/backpacking bag. This bag will typically carry his change of clothes for when the weather changes along with some basic camping supplies and some light nourishment for when he’s on the road.

PERSONALITY:
Mikey is what some would call an introvert but in other cases perhaps not? Mikey finds it extremely difficult to escape or perhaps even willing to leave what he considers his comfort zone, to him that’s where he is safe and where no one can hurt him. However though, in stark comparison Mikey will often times spare no expense in attempting to become friends with someone. His mind and personality are constantly at war, a battle between wanting to remain safe in his comfort zone hiding away from everyone but also at the same time going out of his way to make everyone his friend. His reasoning has always been that if everyone is his friend then there is no conflict between him and others and as such nothing can hurt him or his feelings.

Because of his difficult personality and mental state Mikey is very easily led, he will almost always do what he can to please someone. He will almost never say no and will always just go with what the majority are doing, even if it’s doing something he shouldn’t be.

Mikey does acknowledge that he has this problem but finds it extremely difficult to break out of his default behaviour. He hopes that his journey with Pokémon will help him achieve the self-courage and belief in himself that he needs and also to achieve the courage to permanently escape his bubble of safety.

BRIEF HISTORY:
Mikey grew up in Goldenrod City with his mother, father and his younger brother Jake. His mother worked in the local Pokémon Center as an assistant, doing what she could to help the travelling trainers and not to mention the town locals when Pokémon and even people on occasion needed some help and some rest. Mikey always looked to her as an inspiration, a shining beacon in an otherwise what he considered dull city. Her profession seemed so noble to him, so loving, it was through her that he gained his love of Pokémon. His mother would occasionally bring Mikey to her work and have him help out with little odd jobs and also meet the Pokémon there.

His father however was a different story, Mikey never looked to his father much as someone he admired, if ever. It wasn’t that he hated him, Mikey simply isn’t capable of such a strong feeling, it was just more he was disappointed. He longed for a father figure that the other children had, someone strong who he, as a boy, could aspire to be like, but unfortunately for Mikey, that just didn’t exist. It was during this time as a child that Mikey developed the mental issues that he holds tight today. It was also during this time Mikey started blaming himself if his father was upset or angry, he always looked at himself as to what he did wrong and what he could do better as to not anger his father in the future, even though Mikey nine times out of ten didn’t do anything. This was the roots of where the avoiding conflict at all costs began and the notion of doing everything in his power to be friends with everyone began.

The years rolled by and Mikey became worse and worse with each passing year. He became much more anxious about people and their thoughts and feelings towards him, he became highly emotional, bursting into hysterics at the drop of a hat and not to mention he got into a lot of trouble at school as he would often be engaging in less than ideal activities as the other children knew he was easy manipulatable. Fearful for his health long term his mother decided to take action. Through the Pokémon Center where she worked she managed to secure Mikey a Pokémon, a young relatively untrained Eevee.

Mikey was gifted the Eevee and it was explained to him that he should leave home, long term, for the betterment of himself. Not just home however, an entire region. A complete fresh start. It was a huge step but the right one explained his mother, she strongly felt he had the best chance of succeeding in a place like Hoenn. A region strong with opportunities for young people to grow themselves. She deeply expressed her wish for Mikey to enter the Pokémon league there, whether he succeed or fail she felt it would help massively in helping Mikey grow out of his shell and become the confident young man he is meant to become.

The goodbyes were emotional and difficult, and long oh but they were long. Before Mikey had much time to process it at all however, he found himself all alone with a strange Pokémon on a ferry bound for Slateport City.

Next stop, a new beginning…

CURRENT GOAL:
Mikey is challenging the league as per his mothers wishes in order to help himself grow as a confident young man and to help remove himself from the bubble of safety that he has built around himself since childhood.

FLAVOR:
- Mikey likes to talk to himself on occasion, whether it’s helpful or not that remains to be seen.
- Because of his nature Mikey prefers more "feminine/gentle" style Pokémon and tends to shy away from more "aggressive" style Pokémon.
- A huge fan of the "idea" of camping, likes to think of himself as a bit of an outdoors man but truth be told camping somewhat creeps him out and he is a tad clueless when it comes out to camping/outdoorsy activities.
- Dislikes bug Pokémon immensely.
- Incredibly lazy.

WRITING SAMPLE:
Spoiler:
The sun shone brightly through Alex’s window, illumining the room in a sharp, bright yellow glare. The sound of birds chirping could be heard from the treetops and a gentle cool breeze blew into the room via the half opened window lightly ruffling the bed sheets.

Alex slowly opened his eyes and rubbed at them until he had fully woken up. However, one could see simply from his eyes that he had a rough night. He had barely gotten any sleep, staying awake most of the night thinking about what could happen to Gina when he won’t be there to protect her. The other guards were more than capable of taking care of her but Alex didn’t like taking the risk. This time however he had no choice. He had to leave Gina in the protection of the other guards while he headed off to the unknown lands to see what was going on.

He slowly raised himself out of the bed turning to the side so that his feet touched the ground. He sat there for a few seconds before giving a big yawn while he stretched and then proceeded to lift himself off the bed. He stared over at his clothes which were placed on top of an old wooden dresser. He walked over and put them on with the exception of his jacket which he threw on the bed for now.

Heading back over towards the bed he crouched down and reached underneath it. With a small heave, he pulled out a large wooden crate. Flipping open the lock, inside sat Alex’s main offensive weaponry, two large cannons. He reached in and grabbed one before giving it a quick scan to make sure it wasn't damaged, he then placed it on top of the bed beside his jacket. He grabbed the other one, threw it up onto the bed before closing the lid on the box, locking it and pushing it back underneath the bed.

Alex was on ‘leave’ of sorts. Gina had told him to take the week off in order to rest and prepare himself for heading into the unknown lands. It was difficult for him to ‘relax’. All he has ever done since becoming Gina’s main guard is protect her wherever she goes. Relaxing was certainly something Alex wasn’t used to.

He put on his jacket, shaking it and readjusting it so that it fitted nicely before grabbing a cannon from the top of his bed and placing it into a holster on the back of his jacket. He then grabbed the other cannon, again placing it into a holster on his back before once again adjusting his jacket and making sure the cannons were secure.

The cannons on Alex’s back weigh quite a bit and because of this Alex had to bulk and strengthen himself up in order to allow his body to take the added weight. The cannons were indeed heavy but not so much so. A single cannon can easily be operated by one hand given the right person and the stronger the person wielding the cannons, the less the cannons will weigh the operator down. At the minute, Alex can operate both cannons single-handedly but the added weight on his back make him much slower than most people. The cannons also have to be re-filled with water every so often because of the fact that they are of course water cannons. They disperse a large, hard blast of water when fired but because of the fact that water can’t be found in all areas, the cannons can sometimes be a curse more than a gift.

Alex took a deep breath before opening his room door and heading out, closing the door behind him.

Royalty_The_Queen

Royalty, The Queen

He/Him/Her/She
sitting on my throne, minding my business
Seen 38 Minutes Ago
Posted 39 Minutes Ago
10 posts
49 Days
FULL NAME: Cameron Leton
PREFERRED NAME: Cam or Cammy
PRONOUNS: He/ She/ Him/ Her
HOME REGION: Nacrene City, Unova
DEVICE: PokeGear
POKEMON ON HAND: Sigmund (Drowzee)
Level: 15
Ability: Insomnia
Moveset
- Hypnosis
- Pound
- Disable
- Confusion

APPEARANCE: Cameron is a nice young man, always dressed in chic gothic fashion. Standing at 5´7¨ 1/2, he is always wishing he were shorter. Cammy no like height! His skin is lightly toned, accompanied by his uniquely red eyes. Of course, he just says that these things make I'm stand out even more, and that´s exactly what he wants.
PERSONALITY: Cameron´s a little bit of a drama-queen, and exaggerates a lot. This is just because of his naturally theatrical personality. But, he´s also cautious, gracious, and competitive. Cameron appreciates all things beautiful and natural and is always taking pictures or videos of his surroundings. Of course, sometimes he can be a pain. Being overdramatic, Cameron likes to deal with his emotions in private, after making a big scene, of course. Overall though, heś a lovely guy, with an amazing sense of fashion and culture.
BRIEF HISTORY: Cameron grew up with his parents in the Unova region. He was a bit of an odd child, playing out in the rain and staying up late into the night. Of course, he became much more gothic as he grew, painting his room´s walls black, and adding heavy curtains to his window. He first discovered his love for Pokemon when he found Sigmund. Hurt and hungry, out in the rain, Sigmund was looking for a new place to go in the storm. Of course, he had been through some difficult times, so when Cameron approached and was met with a powerful wave of energy to the head, Sigmund ran away in fear. However, Cameron didn´t give up and chased him down until he finally cornered the Pokemon. Cameron built trust between them by holding his umbrella over Sigmundś head and walked him back to Cameron´s house. Ever since then, Cameron has been his same old, odd self, and now he has his very own companion to travel with.
CURRENT GOAL: Travel around the Unova region, participate in as many Pokemon Showcases as possible, and make new friends along the way.
FLAVOR:
- Cameron sometimes cuddles with Sigmund when heś having bad dreams. He does this in private, however.
- Cameron loves cute food! Parfaits are his personal favorite, though he´d be impressed if someone made pears and cream yogurt work together.

TEXT SAMPLE: The first time Connor Bleu had seen a Pokémon was magical for him. It was dark at night, Connor was wandering around in the forest near his home city. Lost, scared, and afraid, Connor had unknowingly ventured deeper and deeper into the forest. Until he had came across a moonlit lake. The calm, still waters in the lake had cast a perfect mirror-image of the full moon above. As Connor had approached the lake, he had seen something skitter across the water. A Surskit had glided over the water’s surface, only barely disturbing it. Connor watched as it raced to the other side of the lake, and soon enough, more Surskit had begun to dash across the lake’s watery surface. For the first time in his life, Connor had seen actual Pokémon, and he was enjoying whatever it was that they were doing. Connor had came to the water’s edge and looked out into the water, spotting something... amazing. The shimmer of hot pink and olympic blue scales under the thin water’s surface had captured Connor’s attention. Something was swimming beneath the water, effortlessly moving through it. Connor’s eyes followed the majestic beauty, as a figure began to rise out of the water and leaped our, across the face of the moon. Connor had saw the form of serenity and beauty, a Milotic. Diving back into the water, Connor couldn’t see where it had gone, and he tried to follow after it. Desperately, he swam out into the middle of the lake, until his feet couldn’t touch the bottom. Connor found himself struggling to get back to shore, and sank below, into the water. He struggled to swim back up, but his arms and legs were tired and out of synch with his frantic attempts at swimming up to the surface. Connor had sank to the bottom of the lake and closed his eyes. The next thing he knew, Connor was back in shore, breathing and alive, with the same Milotic looking at him from the lake’s edge. The majestic Pokémon towered over Connor, like a beautiful giant. He was mesmerized and enchanted by this creature, and reached out to touch it, just as it turned around and dashed back into the moonlit lake. Connor father and sister had eventually found him out in the forest, worried and concerned, they had asked Connor where he had ran off to and why he didn’t come back home. To which he explained everything he had witnessed tonight. The Surskit gliding over the lake and the beautiful and awe-inspiring beauty of the Milotic inside.

This night was just the beginning however, from that night on Connor had committed himself to training himself and learning as much as he could about Pokémon. Finally, after years of waiting, Connor’s eleventh birthday had came at last, and the one thing that he wished for the most was to receive a Pokémon. Excited, Connor opened up his birthday presents. The first one that he opened up was a surprise to him, it was a PokéBall, used for catching wild Pokémon. Then, a Pokédex for recording the Pokémon he found on his journey. Next, a PokéGear for navigating whatever regions he went to. And finally, his father gift. Connor looked to his father expectantly, and received a simple nod. Pulling off the top of his present, Connor was so excited when a Squirtle had popped up and greeted him. That was the moment that Connor was happiest, when he received his Pokémon partner for life; Sheldon. That night, Connor and Sheldon had went to the moonlit lake. There, they had found the same Surskit, skittering along the lake’s surface, but also more Pokémon. Colbert and Illumise has flashed dim lighting, scattered in the sky, like the stars. Other Pokémon had came around the lake and waited patiently for Milotic to appear. Then, Connor had seen it again, that same glint of hot pink and olympic blue scales just below the lake’s watery surface. Connor had watched patiently, just as Milotic leaped our of the water, arcing across the face of the moon, before diving back into the water and swimming around. Connor sat with Sheldon, who appeared completely mesmerized by Milotic’s performance, just as he once was. Finally, at the end, the Volbeat and Illumise has gone away along with the other Pokémon present, and the Surskit stopped skittering across the lake’s surface. Milotic had came to the lake’s edge once again to greet her friend. Connor stood up and gazed upon Milotic, before hugging it. Milotic curled its tail around Connor lovingly, returning his hug. It was this night that Connor had made a promise. He promised that he’d go out into the world, and find other magical and amazing Pokémon. He’d take his partner with him and goon adventures. Then, he’d return and share his stories with Milotic and his family.

Now, Connor is heading to the Hoenn region. A region of diversity and wonder, and a region worth exploring to the fullest. This would pose a new challenge for Connor as he’d never been anywhere without his family and he wouldn’t even know what the first thing to do once he was off of this ferry. But, he knew that whatever would come his way, he was ready for.