• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Hoenn: Square One [OOC]

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Hoenn: Square One
click for ic thread
this rp is officially closed, but players may be added on a case by case basis

You're on a ferry.

The docks of Akurnai are still in sight, but the bustling noise of the port city is drowned out by wind and waves. Maybe you've been at sea a while, hopping from vessel to vessel and region to region, or perhaps this ferry is the first you've boarded. Either way, you are now closing in on your final destination.

Slateport City, Hoenn.

Overview

This roleplay is a character-focused, anime-inspired badge-collection journey through the Hoenn region. It is rated M solely to accommodate any ideas that may be too much for a T rating, but I expect the general tone of the RP to remain T. The theme of this RP is "cost and benefit", or "actions have consequences". We'll get to that in a bit.

I want to note that all journey roleplays are long. I don't think people realize quite how long they really are. Considering this, all players will be able to pause their journey when necessary. These circumstances will be dealt with on a case-by-case basis. There's a method. Don't worry about it. :)

Now, an extremely brief history!

This RP is a continuation of morganatri's journey RP Kinyo, which I was co-GM for until I and the remaining players decided it was time to call it off. Kinyo is a region located just west of Hoenn, where Pokémon battling is dying off quickly. The last graduates of the regional trainers' school began their journey only to find out via the first gym leader that the League is collapsing much faster than anticipated and that the graduates would likely not be able to finish their journey before it did. However, there was still hope- the gym leader implored them to board a ferry bound for Hoenn, where the League is still strong. Several of them took her advice.

Kinyo's OOC is here, and IC is here. It is not strictly necessary to read through Kinyo's IC to be part of this RP, but it's good to get to know the emigrating characters and the cast worked hard on their writing!

I am planning to divide this saga into two equal parts. This half of the adventure will take you from Slateport to Rustboro.

Is that true? Yes. Is that misleading? Also yes. Do I think I'm funny? Absolutely.

This is what you're getting into.

Though it is based on the games, this Hoenn is meant to be imagined in a far more real-world style. Cities are properly big, routes aren't walked in a day, there are far more towns than exist on the in-game map. Oh, and it's about twenty years after RSE. Keep that in mind before talking about any canon characters or events. We're spinning the threads as we go, or something.

unknown.png
YOU AND ME, PLAYER AND GM
I'm a super chill GM. We're all in this together; I'm just facilitating. If you ask me if you can do something, the answer is usually "yes", sometimes "let's workshop that", and very very rarely an outright "no". I want your ideas to shine, I want you to help develop this world, I want you to help you achieve your goals. We're here to have fun! Let's have fun creating together!

That said, I will not be playing alongside you as a journeying trainer. I will introduce NPCs that you may JP with at times because boy oh boy I have a lot of characters that I like to play! But I prefer to concentrate on managing the game rather than my own storyline. I've found it to be easier that way.

My theme as a GM is "cost and benefit". You'll figure it out pretty quick. It's fun. You get to be super autonomous. Moves are self-assigned. Money is player-controlled. Quests are usually optional. There's a lot of freedom of movement. There's admittedly no major overarching plot, though I do plan on creating smaller arcs as we go along. It's very sandbox-y, but in no way am I a hands-off GM and I absolutely will use your IC actions to dish out consequences, be they good or bad. Just to be clear. :)

Our main communication will be through a dedicated Discord server, which you will be invited to upon being accepted into the roleplay. Compiled notes and discussions from said server will be posted in the OOC along with any other resources that may be helpful to keep organized and on-record.

PROGRESSION
Your ultimate goal is to collect enough badges to make it to the League Tournament. Simple enough, yeah?

Player characters will advance through Hoenn at around the same pace, though perhaps not always together. Area posts will be dropped in the IC thread every two months barring some exceptions. I expect at least one post per area.

I do not wait very long for people to catch up, but that doesn't mean I will leave people behind. Usually, the consequence of not posting in an area is simply that your Pokémon do not gain moves, you receive no rewards, and your character does not get a chance for development. It would be as if your character just got on a bus and headed to the next area rather than made the journey as intended. You can pick up with your character in the next area.

But really, just talk to me, guys. If you need to take a hiatus or you're stuck on a post and are avoiding it because you feel guilty or whatever- just come talk to me! I love helping! I love working through stuff! I don't want anyone to abandon the RP just because they feel like they're falling behind! Talk to me before you do!

That said, two weeks of failure to respond to any attempts to contact you will result in a kick. I don't tolerate zero communication. Talk. To. Me.

Mechanics

Now, since this is a Pokémon roleplay, we should probably discuss those aspects! Along with a few other mechanics and notes. A lot of this is imported from Kinyo, but some of it has changed so please read carefully! Clarifications and updates will be integrated as necessary.

OBTAINING POKEMON
IC: Hoenn is a land of incredible diversity, and its inhabitants have worked extremely hard to preserve that, even as the human population grows. As such, there are region-wide laws regarding the capture of Pokémon. Journeying trainers are allowed to capture only a single Pokémon per designated area. There are also only certain species in an area that are deemed legal to capture. These legal captures are listed on your device. If you make an illegal capture in an area, you will be tracked down and the illegally captured Pokémon will be removed from your possession.

OOC: Each area will have a short list of obtainable Pokémon. But hey, where's the fun in just capturing whatever you want? This is a game of decisions, remember? Each Pokémon will be assigned a rarity to indicate their reladive difficulty to find. Players will request the GM to roll to see what they encounter. Each player has a maximum of three rolls per area. Every Pokémon rolled must be encountered IC in some way, even if none are ultimately captured. Each roll will also be accompanied by a roll for Hidden Ability, a roll for an egg move, and a roll for shiny.

You may choose to use the SCAN function of your device (see DEVICES section) once per area to increase the chance of finding a particular Pokemon. This has a side effect of significantly increasing the chance of the found Pokemon being shiny, having a Hidden Ability, and having a cool egg move. SCAN does count as one of your three encounter rolls, so keep that in mind, and none of its effects are guaranteed.

For narrative purposes, you may encounter any Pokémon that makes sense to encounter considering the habitat. I recommend native Hoenn and Alolan Pokémon, but again, anything that makes sense is fine!

You each are allowed to request up to two Pokémon to be included somewhere in the RP. After they are requested, they will show up in a future location.

You each are allowed to guarantee your character a single capture. A guarantee can be used on any Pokémon listed in an area. You must choose to use your guarantee before asking for any rolls or scans. You will not be allowed to request any rolls for the area. You will be prevented from encountering any other wild Pokémon in that area, even for battling.

Cost-benefit, yeah?

LEVELS AND MOVES
Pokémon are able to remember up to six moves. I like to see a focus on moves that are more interesting rather than more competitive, but you are welcome to choose whatever! Just consider what your character would be drawn to. Each Pokémon's ability should also be considered for both battle and field purposes.

Levels are obsolete and mean nothing, though PokéDexes and experienced trainers may be able to evaluate a Pokémon's nebulous approximate "power level" to make educated guesses about their strategies. We are currently playing on a system where new moves are gained through written battles and training sessions. This applies to all natural level-up moves, which can be chosen from Gen 7 and 8 movetables. If a Pokémon does not have a Gen 8 table at time of writing, it can be supplemented by Gen 6. Off-screen training may, of course, happen- it's only logical that it would! But to get the "reward" of a new move, that battle or training session must be written out to a reasonable extent.

"Level 1" moves and similar are obtainable through written training sessions only. A Pokémon may not "suddenly discover" these moves in the heat of battle, they may only learn them through dedicated training for that particular move. The trainers we have as main characters are likely unequipped to do such a thing, and should find help in the form of a gym trainer or similar.

Pokémon may learn any move from a TM or tutor, including egg moves. However, access to TMs and tutors are restricted by the GM.

Please be reasonable in your move choices and remember that we have a long way to go- an ideal, "final" moveset may not actually be fun to play for the rest of the game if you set it up early. Don't be afraid to change your team up to play with everything!

OTHER NOTES RE: POKEMON
  • Trainers may only carry six captured Pokémon at a time.
  • Journeying trainers have their extra Pokémon taken care of by licensed ranches or research facilities.
  • Pokémon may be transferred via your device to your chosen facility, but devices are not powerful enough to receive Pokémon. You must visit a Pokémon Center for this.
  • If a captured Pokémon does not get a Hidden Ability, the player may choose between its normal abilities.
  • Trading is allowed between players, but make it believable- all the way from capture to the trade itself.
  • Combos are spicy, do 'em. We love move interactions, we love double battles.
  • Turns mean nothing in writing. Can your Pokémon fire off four shots before the opponent crosses the field to get to you? Better do it.

MONEY
Mostly, prices can be ambiguous, but we do use the ratio of 100 PokéDollars = 1 USD. Your character started out with "enough" money for their journey. It is assumed they earn, lose, and spend money along the way. You can write it out or not. However, if the characters are not frugal, they could be put into a difficult situation. I may decide to give a consequence to those using their money unwisely. Use these points as you will in regards to plot. :)

DEVICES
Journeying trainers would have a hard time without their devices. Whether you have a Holotch, a PokéGear, a PokéNav, or something else, each device has at least these basic functions:

• CALL: You can make calls.
  • CLOCK: Displays date and time.
  • CONTACTS: You have a list of contacts.
  • COMPASS/GPS/MAP: The map isn't particularly high-detail but it works. Usually.
  • SCAN: As detailed in "OBTAINING POKEMON".
  • TEXT: You can text. Group texts also work.
  • TRANSFER: You can send a Pokémon to your chosen care facility.

Anything else is kinda up to you and those who have chosen the same device. Talk about it. Some devices have a built-in PokéDex and some do not. All devices have a hard time transmitting data in caves unless you are very near the entrance. It is advised to download necessary data before heading in.

TIMING
As previously mentioned, you all have a great deal of autonomy regarding what you choose to do. So, remember to keep your timing logical. For your character to move between locations, to complete their missions, to have conversations- everything takes time. Think about how long things may take, and know when your character is in the timeline, because it matters when you want to work with another player. Some quests and areas will be time-dependant as well.

You should always know what day your character is currently experiencing, and at least an approximate time of day for events- morning, noonish, evening, night. Y'know. I advise marking the header or footer of your posts with the date and time just so everyone knows when things are taking place. If an event is going to happen on a specific day/time in a specific location, I'll make it very clear. Otherwise, feel free to play it however you want and advance your time when you need to!

Sign-Up Form
yes, kinyo people, you still have to do this

FULL NAME: [your character's, not your own]
PREFERRED NAME: [what do people call your character?]
PRONOUNS:
HOME REGION: [any canon region plus Kinyo]
DEVICE: [basically just flavor- do you have a PokeGear, PokeNav, Holotch, or something else?]
POKEMON ON HAND: [include nicknames if you want! new players choose one basic-form Pokemon; you will start with this Pokemon at level 15. its moveset is limited to four but can be made of anything it learns naturally up to that level PLUS one legal move of your choice, TM or otherwise. Kinyo transfers, please list your team as they are when you finish the Kinyo portion.]

APPEARANCE: [what does your character look like? include images if you want]
PERSONALITY: [in a very general sense; focus on how your character tends to interact with others]
BRIEF HISTORY: [family, childhood, school]
CURRENT GOAL: [why are you in hoenn? why are you challenging the league?]
FLAVOR: [any other details you want to include]

WRITING SAMPLE: [something from within the last year, or written for this character. 300+ words, please!]

This thing is your key to success! It's a very handy reference for all mechanics and worldbuilding that we've established. All updates to this document will also be cross-posted to the OOC thread. There is a secret password in this document that needs to be put into your SU to prove you've read the document. It's the tutorial! Don't skip it!

Additionally, I've made a spreadsheet to keep track of characters and inventories- ask for that link if you need it. For additional information about gym leaders and other world NPCs, there is a document here. And finally, a comprehensive post summary spreadsheet logged in IC chronological order is here!

Any questions, please go ahead and ask! I'll do my best to clarify anything that may be confusing!

Thanks!

Last edited:
Years
Alright, you knew this was coming. Was quite a bit more work than I thought relearning how to do SUs like this.

Kira Wolf

VMGD7FL.png

--=-- 15 =--= Kiuita town; Kinyo =--= Female =-= She/Her --=--

[h2][/h2]

Appearance
Kira is a touch on the short side at 5'1" with a bit of a smaller build despite being somewhat athletic. Despite not being shy of the outdoors Kira is rather pale, her skin more likely to burn than tan on a hot day.

Her darker Mahogany hair is kept cut "Boyishly" short and is only styled just enough to keep it from going everywhere. Her eyes are a rather bright green color which strongly contrast with her hair and her face is somewhat freckled.

As far as fashion goes Kira is very much a comfort over style kind of person. Preferring lighter, cool clothing Kira can most often be seen in rather plain, loose fitting T-shirts, Shorts, and either a pair of sneakers or flipflops depending on what she has planned for the day. Ever since joining the academy she's been carrying around a blue messenger bag to carry around her stuff in.

Personality
Kira is a very social, friendly, outgoing kind of person. Quick to strike up conversations with just about anyone who's willing to listen to her. Despite her rather cheerful personality though, Kira can be rather headstrong and gets very stubborn in the worst cases. She often goes behind peoples backs to get her way and this along with her curiosity streak is something that has gotten her a tongue lashing on more than one occasion.

Brief History
Native to the Kinyo region itself, Kira grew up in the small fishing village known as Kiuita town. Being on an island, Kira spent most of her child roaming the nearby beaches with her three brothers, swimming, wrestling, daring each other to sneak up on resting Pokémon, and generally just being a bunch of bored kids. Kiuita town would be completely unremarkable if it weren't for one prominent landmark, Kiuita town was home to the Kinyo region's Pokémon league.

Despite its dwindling popularity, Kira loved spectating the league battles and often sneaked into the stadium to watch them to the dismay of her parents. "There's no future in becoming a trainer. It's a waste of time. Be a sailor like your father." are common phrases she would hear on a daily basis, advice she never took to heart.

The news that Kinyo's Pokemon league was considering shutting their doors permanently struck Kira harshly, her dreams of one day battling on the same field she watched so many others threatening to die. Rationality being the last thing on her mind at this point, Kira figured that if she were to fulfill this dream she needed to act as soon as possible.

The next morning, kira took what money she had and left to buy a Pokeball for herself. However, being a restricted product, she was refused the sale as she wasn't a licensed trainer. Unable to think straight, her mind racing with thoughts of panic and failure, she simply stole one of the balls and left the money for it in its place. From there she raced out to the beach and in a reckless move, managed to catch her first Pokemon.

Her theft didn't go unnoticed by the police however, when she returned home she was put under house arrest for several days as her parents worked with the police department to discuss her fate. After what felt like an eternity, it was decided that she'd attend one of the few remaining trainer schools left in the region and be put under the supervision of the police there, to Kira's delight and her parent's dismay.

After several years of study and a few days of travel Kira faced off against the Akurnai city gym leader who had the following advice for her "If you're looking to become a pokemon trainer, go to Hoenn, there no future for you here." Taking her advice to heart, she's now on her way to Slateport city to begin her Adventure properly.

Current Goal
Kira's goal as a trainer is to help reignite interest in Pokemon battling in her home region and to show those outside of Kinyo that they're not to be underestimated.

Pokemon on Hand

g2noUhi.png

Azure the Spheal
Male / Calm / Thick Fat
Level:
- Brine
- Aurora Beam
- Defense Curl
- Aqua Ring

DHS3f6f.png

Nyx the Zorua
Female/Timid/Illusion
Level:
- Pursuit
- Scratch
- Leer
- Snatch

Writing sample

(Put in a spoiler for everyone's sake)​
Spoiler:

Last edited:

budube

Hi I'm Cube
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen yesterday

Jordie "Jo" Hughes

download20200601214932.png

17 years old - They / Them - Unova
Appearance
Jordie stands in 5'8'' and has an athletic body. They are a good runner and swimmer above anything, but their arms are also fairly strong. They have a fairly white skin, blue eyes and a few freckles over their nose.

Their natural hair color is black, but they like to dye it green and have it short lenghted.

Due to their mother being a gym trainer in Elesa's Gym, and therefore a model too, Jordie grew to have a good fashion sense. They usualy wear dark-colored shirts over light-colored t-shirts, dark high waist jeggings and running shoes. The also like wearing either black or blue sunglasses

Personality
Jordie likes to live to the extreme and is always up to try some new experiences. The riskier it is, the better for them.

They are in no way close to being an introvert and it's hard for them to be quiet about something they are excited about.

Their smarts are easily shown in their wonderful sense of direction and in battling strategies, however in other things they are just average smart, yet they still like to constantly put themselves at the top.

Jordie doesn't have trouble with making new friends, but they do have trouble with keeping those friendships due to their constant narcissism and overall recklessness.

They are a very competitive person, and will easily get frustrated if defeated. After a defeat, they'll force themselves to being better sometimes training more than their body (or their Pokémon's) can handle.

Brief History
Jordie was born in Nimbasa City as the youngest sibling of two. Their mother was a Gym Trainer in Nimbasa, and their brother and father worked in the Gear Station as trainers too.

Jordie always dreamed to be a trainer, and their family obviously didn't refuse to let them, so they sent them to a Trainer School and let them catch their own Pokémon: Gabby the Solosis, found in Route 5.

Being part of a family of trainers, Jordie was a gifted trainer, and the strongest one in the Trainer School, but they knew that they wouldn't reach their full potential if they limited themselves to being only in Unova. They were ambitious. They wanted to travel the world, beat the gyms in every region and become the strongest trainer in the world. Maybe it was an unrealistic goal, but that's what made it worth the risk in their opinion.

Jordie always had a lot of freedom to do whatever they wanted, so convincing their parents to let them go on a journey in another region wasn't hard, or that's what they thought. Jordie was wrong. Their parents would rather have them go in a journey in Unova before letting them move to another region. Jordie obviously didn't like that because Unova wasn't something new for them, so after months of planning quietly, one night, while everyone was asleep at home, they took Gabby's PokéBall, their Xtransceiver, their bag and a ferry ticket, leaving a note saying that they were going to the Hoenn Region.

Current Goal
Jordie's main goal is simple: To be the strongest trainer in the region. They also want to prove their parents that they can take care of themselves once they return to Unova as Hoenn's Champion.

Flavor
-Their birthday is on April 27th.
-They like using Dusk and Luxury Balls to catch their Pokémon, but they are more inclined to the former.
-Battle theme bc why not

Pokémon
577.png

duskball.png
Gabby - Female - Ability: Magic Guard
Moves: Hidden Power (Bug)/Recover/Psybeam/Trick Room

RP Sample

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
use max-width instead of width

Pls :why:

Years
Name: Edison Kintobor
Preferred Name: Edison, or Ed, just not Eddie
Pronouns: He/Him
Home Region: Johto
Device: Holotch. (I've been playing it as a wrist mounted device on his left arm, with a holographic display.)
Pokémon on Hand:
Neodymium (Magnemite)
Ability: Analytic
Level: 22
Serious Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Shock Wave
- Thunder Shock
- Supersonic
- Magnet Bomb
- Light Screen

Adipose (Munchlax) (M)
Ability: Pickup
Level: 21
Jolly Nature
- Stockpile
- Swallow
- Rock Smash
- Metronome
- Bite
- Chip Away

Aster (Staryu)
Ability: Natural Cure
Level: 20
Calm Nature
- Swift
- Confuse Ray
- Bubble Beam
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Psywave

Gremlin (Sableye) (F) (Shiny)
Ability: Prankster
Level: 24
Brave Nature
- Low Sweep
- Confuse Ray
- Shadow Sneak
- Fake Out
- Disable
- Detect

Appearance:
Spoiler:

Ed is of slightly above average height, standing at 5' 10", with a solid, somewhat stocky build. He's very light, color wise, with light skin, light green eyes, and sandy blonde hair that does not resemble a Joltik, where did you get that misconception? He has a very refined sense of fashion, mixing the ornate with the practical. Sturdy shoes, simple slacks, and a white button up shirt are accentuated by his black waistcoat, fingerless gloves, and copper-rimmed red-lensed goggles. To carry his gear, he wears a leather satchel over his right shoulder to his left hip, which (thanks to the miniaturization technology common to the series) is bigger on the inside.

Personality: As an only child with a father too busy to spend much time with him, and a mother who tended to treat him more as an assistant or model than a son, Ed was always alone, and grew accustomed to it. He loves to learn, and reads many books, but Johto was a society that encouraged going out into the field and learning things firsthand. As such, he follows his impulses unhindered by doubt, doing whatever he feels is for the greater good. He has little concept of personal space or boundaries, possesses limited social skills, and admires those with drive and initiative. He keeps a perpetually chipper attitude, easily delighted and bottling up his negative feelings.

History: His mother, a fashionista from Hoenn. His father, a scientist from Kanto. How they met isn't important now, but they decided to move somewhere in the middle, settling down in Johto. Ed was born and raised there, even planning on attending Earl's Pokemon Academy in Violet City. However, his father was relocated due to work, bringing his family with him to the Kinyo region. Ed was understandably disheartened by this, but had no choice but to comply. He attended the academy in Mahono, and started on his Pokémon journey. After an... incident in Akurnai City, however, he decided to follow the league to greener pastures: Hoenn!

Current Goal: Ed has always been interested in the special powers of Pokémon, and aspires to be a Researcher or Scientist some day. Traveling through Hoenn gives him opportunity to meet plenty of Pokémon and see their abilities and techniques first hand.

Writing Sample:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024

FULL NAME: Devin Mik'hulo Angelo
PREFERRED NAME: Devin, "Dev"
PRONOUNS: He/him/his
HOME REGION: Alola Johto, but he has roots in Alola and would like to go there some day.
DEVICE: I always liked the PokéGear.

APPEARANCE: Devin is a sleek character standing at a decent 180 cm. His skin is a medium brown and his eyes are light brown. He keeps his hair growing into an unruly shimmering mane, which he thankfully usually tames into a low ponytail.

He prefers to wear simple, thin long-sleeved shirts, with a scarf and a grey jacket that only just covers his buttocks if the weather calls for it; he often gets a bit chilly. On his legs are chinos of typical simple colors, rolled up a bit if it really is warm, and his feet have white sneakers on them. In Hoenn, he wears tinted sunglasses both for style and to protect against the bright tropical sun.

PERSONALITY: Devin plays interested when he meets new people, because even if he isn't genuinely so to begin with, he hopes to discover things that will evoke interest from him in the new person by talking with them. Everyone is interesting in some way, he's sure. While he is quite talkative and friendly, he's made more and more of an effort in later years to be a good listener. He enjoys hearing about people's lives and troubles, maybe helping them piece together things they couldn't figure out for themselves. He hasn't completely mastered the art of listening yet though, and might end up giving unwanted or too much "advice" and opinions.

Devin is easily charmed by beauty, be it in people, items, pokemon or in a setting. He thinks that elegance and cleverness is something to strive for in everything one does, and dislikes brute force. This should be evident in the way he battles too.

Unfortunately, he is easily stressed and can become forgetful in those situations, sometimes missing the obvious. While it is very hard to make Devin properly angry, he can get quite emotional if he is feeling stressed or hungry - which he feels very embarrassed about later as it's everything but graceful to have emotional meltdowns. This is something he has recently been made aware of and is working on, as well, but it's not going so well yet. He carries around extra snacks for those crisis moments though.

Ever since he was a small kid, he has loved to seek refuge in the waves of the ocean when he felt stressed, like when he was bullied in Olivine. He appreciates the grace of moving swiftly and freely. To one day fly is a dream of his.

He's idolizes some high profile pokémon trainers who battle with smartness rather than raw power. He doesn't care much for other sports.

BRIEF HISTORY: Devin grew up as an only child to a single mother in Johto, but she was originally from Alola. She prefers the calmer, more serene Johto landscape and way of life, she says. He knows that she moved here when pregnant with Devin to get away from his father though, whom Dev has never met. Angelo is his mother's birth name - they were never married. Mik'hulo is a second given name, a middle name if you wish, or as he calls it, his Alolan name.

Dev has two friendly aunts, one who still lives in Alola with several cousins he doesn't even meet once a year. The other is a traveler and a pokémon trainer, and perhaps Devin's biggest idol. She is the one who a couple of years ago (after Devin's mother reluctantly letting her) gifted him with the Mime Jr he will now journey with.

His mother works as a pokémon nurse since 8 years back, which has let Devin see pokémon in pain as well as pokémon being nursed back to splendid health. This is also because they sometimes took in foster pokémon when some were found abandoned, and cared for them until a new adoptive trainer could be found. Before this, his mother had more temporary jobs and they were quite poor when he was a young child. Nowadays they are both quite happy and close, even if they are still by no means wealthy.

Devin got picked on for being a poor kid at a very young age. When they transferred from Olivine to Cianwood however, Dev got new friends, but didn't do too well in school and was considered more of a doodling social butterfly than a genius.

CURRENT GOAL: His adventurous aunt has asked him to meet her in Hoenn, where she is challenging the league with completely new pokémon as a personal challenge and wants him to do it too. Devin hadn't considered being a serious trainer before, as he'd just tested out battling and taught tricks to their foster pokémon and with his Mime Jr for fun, but as he realized he was "getting old" (18 next year - adult?? Scary!) he figured he should take the chance to journey as a trainer before his glorious youth was over and he had to get a job. As such, his plan is to meet as many pokémon and trainers as possible and check all the beautiful sights in Hoenn off his list. His attitude towards a gym challenge is pretty relaxed; at the start of the journey it is not his main goal, despite what his aunt is hoping for.

FLAVOR: Probably he is an ENFP, or ESFP; I can take a test with him in mind to make sure haha but it doesn't matter much.

Him not liking "brute force" doesn't necessarily exclude him using certain types of pokémon. It depends on what potential for elegance he imagines when he sees a pokémon, even if it is about using physical force. Strength wouldn't be his kind of move, but Cut might.

WRITING SAMPLE: can u just check Trainers pls thanks 💕 (or scold me and i'll actually link you something)

POKEMON ON HAND:
MIME JR
"Meme", Male
NfBw.gif

Barrier, Telekinesis, Copycat, Mimic

ideal endgame team:
439.png
087.png
334.png

608.png
073.png
227.png
or
123.png

Last edited:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Kira, Jordie, Edison, and Devin are accepted~ 💕

I'm currently working on a more comprehensive player document detailing mechanics and plot and such so that will be... done before the IC comes out! And that will come out... probably within the week; I want (at least) all the Kinyo transfer SUs in before I post that. (callout 4 wiz & evily 👀)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Thanks Anna!!

I'm still tweaking him a small bit as you know, but I think he will largely be as he is now, as far as key points go. I'll communicate if I intend to edit something bigger ofc.

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
Years

Characters:

[tab=avril]

Avril
    Laverre City - 16 - ♀
    [/tab]
    Supporting cast:

[tab=hikaru]

Hikaru
    Castelia City - 18 -
    [/tab][tab=kim]

Kimberly
    Petalburg City - 14 - ♀
    [/tab]

[tab=info]
    Credits
    [/tab]

Avril Reese

PREFERRED NAME: Avril, Avy or Ava (rarely)
PRONOUNS: she/her
HOME REGION: Kalos
DEVICE: Holotch (Phone version)

STARTER POKEMON: Poppy (Flabébé)

APPEARANCE: Avril is a 5'5'' tall, somewhat chubby girl (and sometimes clumsy too). She has light blonde short hair, which she always keeps in a pixie cut, and large green eyes.

She evenly rotates her outfits between oversize T-shirts and shorts or jeans, and light, flowy dresses. She prefers lighter colors and patterns, and will rarely be seen in dark clothes even in formal situations. She typically wears sandals in the summer and sneakers in the winter - heels are usually a no-go for her.

Avril is nearsighted, and therefore will almost always be seen wearing clear round glasses - or a nearly identical pair with blacked out lenses. She wears many other accessories, however, like bracelets, earrings, hair clips, and... Poppy herself! She doesn't feel the need to get expensive or fancy-looking accessories, anything she likes or that means something to her is good.
This applies, more than anything, to her necklace - a gift from her parents and now, her Key Stone accessory. For traveling, Avril carries all of her things in a large wheeled backpack that was also gifted to her by her parents.

PERSONALITY: Avril is a sweet and caring girl, but also an anxious trainwreck who gets often emotional. She doesn't easily get out of her comfort zone and is very shy around new people, but she's just as talkative and playful around people she knows (right now, that's... not that many).

She is still rather childish despite her age, naively believing that her life will fall into place eventually, even without that much effort or willpower. Only during her journey through Hoenn, this belief is being challenged.
This has made her some sort of jack of all trades but master of none when it comes to sports, games, and Pokémon training. All she really wants, in fact, is to just play with them and have a good time with her Pokémon. And it turns out, that goes right against what her family would want from her, which puts her under a significant amount of pressure.

Avril feels this, as a girl who doesn't like conflict and would just rather escape from all this. Her journey through Hoenn actually had this very purpose, although this isn't working out quite as expected for her.

BRIEF HISTORY: Avril has born and raised, alongside her slightly older brother Lucas, in Laverre City, where her mother works as a trainer and League Staff in the resident Gym. Her father, on the other hand, co-owns a couple Berry fields out of town, and often sells his products to local restaurants, bakeries, or trainers!

The quiet countryside surrounding Laverre has always been a great place to be for Avril, who learned here all about plants and berries. Her interest in Pokémon, which especially her mother had tried to ignite in her, wasn't that strong instead - battling didn't really match with Avril's temperament, after all.

It was in the countryside that a ten year old Avril had a fateful encounter with a wounded Flabébé, whom she took care of and renamed Poppy. After letting her into the wild and noticing how she would always came back to play together every couple days, she gave in to the Pokémon's wish to stay with her and never separated from her again. Eventually her family and friends all caught up with what happened and got to know Poppy as well. This lead them to believe that she had potential to be a fantastic trainer, and they all pushed her to give it a try. When the time came, she had to attend a trainer school, and eventually get a Pokéball to store her Flabébé in, in preparation for a journey of her own throughout Kalos.

Avril just tried to comply. She went to school regularly, but even after months and months she couldn't get used to the idea of becoming a trainer, and things didn't really change even after her graduation. But after staying home and not doing much for quite a while, she gave in to the pressure… sort of. With the help of a friend from the trainer school, she finally decided that she would've tried to go in another region, far away from her parents' eyes. Without really thinking about it thoroughly she picked Hoenn as her destination, and from there it wasn't really that hard: she just had to convince her (rather gullible) mother to help her travel there and support her financially, and succeeded. Now it was all a matter of hopping from ship to ship until Slateport appeared on the horizon.

CURRENT GOAL: Surprisingly, Avril is not really here to challenge the League properly. In her mind, all she has to do is visit every city, pretend like she's putting in effort, and hopefully prove that she's not as good of a trainer as most people assumed. If anything, one useful thing she could do is take this opportunity to test the waters and decide if it's worth moving to Hoenn in search of a different occupation and lifestyle.

She didn't really choose Hoenn over any other region for a particular reason, if not for the fact that it wasn't Kalos - and was actually quite far from it. She didn't quite know what she was getting into but signed up anyways, only getting more information later on - and actually reading a lot of good things about this region.

You know who is here to challenge the League, though? Poppy! She wants to use this as an opportunity to put herself to the test, become stronger, and help Avril grow as well! If it's really true that there is an undiscovered potential in Avril and in the bond that exists between them, this journey is the perfect chance to prove it.

FLAVOR: Avril is actually very interested in cooking, and is rather good at that, too. It's one of the few things where she's not too afraid to experiment with new ingredients or mess up a dish from time to time! She also knows rather well all of the ingredients she needs, and more in general berries and plants.
To get around the countryside, Avril still preferred good old walking, but did ride a couple Pokémon or a bike from time to time. She has a basic understanding of various sports, like swimming for example, but is never really good at them or even proud about it. On the other hand, she's a fairly good singer! It's just not easy to hear that from her.

Hikaru (Nathan) Wright

PREFERRED NAME: Hikaru or Hikarumi, the name of their blog
PRONOUNS: they/them
HOME REGION: Unova
DEVICE: X-Transceiver

STARTER POKEMON: Rei (Tynamo)

APPEARANCE: Hikaru's appearance used to change nearly as often as their mood before coming to Hoenn. They have tried to style almost every piece of clothing one can find in Castelia (except the very expensive stuff). But under all of that, there's a 5'7'' tall trainer with a slender build, olive skin, light brown eyes, and a steel blue bob cut. Some say that Hikaru won the genetic lottery with that, but they often disagree.

Now that Hikaru is journeying through Hoenn, they have to stick to long jeans (usually torn) and any random assortment of hoodies or shirts - as many as their bright red backpack can fit. High top sneakers are their only choice of footwear (for now). This means that accessories are the name of the game if they want to spice up their outfit, and Hikaru does not disappoint: they often wear things like earrings, chokers, bracelets and piercings.

PERSONALITY: Hikaru appears to be a thrill seeker, always ready to try new experiences without thinking twice about it. This is not really true, as Hikaru is driven mostly by outright recklessness, impulsiveness and desire to stand out, but they do a good job at hiding this when working on their blog.

One thing they do appreciate, however, is meeting a lot of different people. They're a very curious person, and they really appreciate all the interactions they've had with their followers online, even if it doesn't translate into friendships and long term connections. They're not entirely sure why they want to stand out on social media so much if friendships aren't their goal, but... there's an element of discovering yourself and forging an identity that comes with meeting so many people. Maybe that's what they really need to do.

BRIEF HISTORY: Born Nathan in Castelia City's outskirts, Hikaru only realized that the path of social media star (and non binary person) was for them at about 15. Before then, they were a very unassuming kid who genuinely struggled to put himself out there and make friends. Fear of failure and outside pressure could only subside after some serious self-discovery, name change... and some help from their friends at the time. Not that Hikaru was a calculated choice; it simply came down to the name of Nathan's blog, but it stuck around.

Hikaru soon completed their studies and was left looking for jobs. They survived for some time and kept working on their blog, but they knew they needed to try something different if they wanted to keep going down this route. Luckily, one of their niche interests could help them do just that...

FLAVOR: Their name, Hikaru, actually came only after they created their blog "Hikarumi" by clumsily mashing together two words they liked.

Kimberly Allen

PREFERRED NAME: Kimberly, Kim
PRONOUNS: she/her

STARTER POKEMON: Zigzagoon, soon joined by Zigzagoon (Galarian)!

Kimberly has dark skin and dark brown eyes, but has dyed her hair silver for contrast, and keeps it long and straight - usually avoiding ponytails or braids and letting it run just past her shoulders. She's quite tall, standing at 5'7'' and still growing.

Kimberly is quite keen on fashion and spends quite a lot of time working on her outfits, be it for contests or for just hanging out with friends. She's often seen with colorful dresses or blouses, and usually pairs those with accessories such as handbags, sun hats, and earrings. Her family is happy - and more than capable - to provide her with all of these things, like their rather large mansion on the edge of Petalburg testifies.

She's generally friendly and outgoing, but also quite self-centered and always in search of people's praise. She's known to get herself or other people in trouble sometimes, which has lead to her parents becoming more strict over time... but that only cemented her personality as what it is today. Contests have always been an important hobby for her, as she is trying to follow in her mother's footsteps, but her attitude going into her first official contests and her parents' pressure to perform well has cost her many close losses. Currently, she's still in the process of convincing her family to let her embark on a journey through Hoenn, while trying to compete in small contests near home. Even her close friends are quite split on the matter: some would always cheer for her and agree to let her go, while others still think she needs a better kind of reality check.

Last edited:

Evily

Always follow your Dreams ~
Years
Here's my SU and character from Kinyo!

Shuna Kamado

picture.php

Preferred Name: Shu, Not very picky on nicknames
Pronouns: Her/She
Home Region: Kinyo
Device: Holotch
Pokemon On Hand:
{Male}Mudfish Pokemon - Finn (Mudkip -> Marshtomp)[Torrent] - Bide, Water Gun, Ice Ball, Mud Shot {Lvl.19}
{Male}Tiny Bird Pokemon - Pidge (Pidgey)[Keen Eye] - Quick Attack, Air Cutter, Sand Attack, Gust {Lvl. 16}

Appearance:Shu is a pink haired, blue eyed young teen standing at a height of 5', her weight hasn't been foretold, and fair skin. Her hair is medium length, reaching her chest, and tied into two low pigtails, two of her front strands that act like bangs are Mimi pink, and has a fringe over her eyes, mostly her left eye. Her eyes are the same sapphire blue. Her outfit was believed to have changed as well, but she returned to her everyday outfit, saving the new outfit for later use.

Her outfit consists of: a long, orange and blue bandeau shirt with a v-collar, the collar and sides outlined in blue; a blue, white and black sleeveless vest reaching her waist with the collar black and a white half-circle on each side; a white and blue pleated skirt, the blue lined at the bottom and looking like there's a second skirt underneath with the long shirt tucked underneath; black short shorts underneath, a bit visible to the eye; black knee-length socks; blue and white sneakers with a black strap and an orange oval design underneath the strap; black fingerless gloves with one blue stripe around the wrist/glove cuffs; a red and white bandana tied around her neck, a large, black hip bag with blue lining; and a blue beret hat, the bill facing between her left and behind her.
Spoiler:

Around her neck is a long lanyard with the GoPro-like pokedex attached to the end. Around her left wrist is a golden bangle bracelet with peach pearls attached.
She used to wear a pendant, but it was broken during the battle versus Josh before she arrived in Hoenn. The mysterious stone attached to the pendant is split in two, but her ex-teacher, Kuso, gives her silver bracelet (a metallic, double-banded bracelet, able to fold, with two hole sets on either side of the bracelet where the bands intersect, framed by a simple rose design {Based on Yuzu's bracelet from Yugioh Arc-V}) and, somehow, shaves and reconstructs the stone to fit inside the two sets, which are around the size of a small marble.
Personality: Shu is a kind and compassionate girl, but tends to be a lone wolf and only speaks freely with those she trusts. She tends to hide her feelings and bear all the burdens on herself, not wanting outside help feeling that she will burden others if she asks, only allowing her Pokemon to help her. These are her strengths and weaknesses:
Strengths:
  • Compassion/Benevolence - Shu is willing to help anybody in need, may it be human or Pokémon. She was taught to help others in need and be a good seminarian, she doesn't care how long it takes, or if she breaks off her fake mask, she will help anyone in need.
  • Acrobatic - Shu may look weak, but she has her reflexes and stamina to back it up. When she moved to Kinyo, she wanted to have a hobby to occupy herself with, so she took up gymnastics.
  • Intelligent - Along with her amazing gymnastics, she had her intelligence coming next in line. She would bury herself in books and study anything she can on Pokémon: abilities, types, moves, you name it. Ask her a question about Pokémon and she'll answer right away. She also learned tips and rules to caring for a Pokémon,helping her grandparents with their Pokemon and her own.
    Weaknesses:
  • Keeps to herself - Shu learned to keep everything bottled up the hard way. Even though she doesn't fully trust others, she still wouldn't take the chance of burdening others with her feelings and problems, rather, she'd face them herself. This causes her to overwork herself and scolds herself if someone gets involved in one of her problems.
  • Stubborn Mule - Once she sets her mind/option on something, it's hard to change it, you'll need to be very good at convincing her to change her course. She doesn't like to give up once she has her mind set on something, especially if it's helping someone in need.
  • Physically Weak - Even with her fast reflexes and good stamina, her strength isn't one of her strong points, in fact, it's one of her weakest points.

Brief History: Shu couldn't remember who her parents were or where her birth home is, having lost both at a young age. She was moved to live with her grandparents in the Kinyo region and was enrolled into trainer school the moment she set foot. Around the age of 8, she came across a Mudkip who was having trouble getting out of a prickly bush, so she helped him, betting some scratches in the process. After helping him, he started to follow her around, until her grandparents used a pokeball to capture the pokeball and gave it to her as a present.
Years later, she and her class go on a short journey to defeat the gym leaders of Kinyo, but society's training regimen deteriorated faster than they anticipated. They were given the choice to: either stay in Kinyo, but unable to challenge the gyms, elite, or champion, or take the Ferry to Hoenn and challenge their league instead. She was one of the students who decided to continue her journey at Hoenn. However, her grandparents warned her that her father's side of the family, the Kuchiki, lived there, and they hated her mother and, indirectly, her as well. They didn't tell her why, just to avoid them and be careful, her grandfather offered to change her name since her father's side didn't know how she looked like, just that her name was Momo Kuchiki. So her name was changed to Shuna Kamado, taking her grandparent's last name, coming from her mother's side.

Current Goal: To become a powerful trainer and figure out her origin.

Flavor: Shu has a couple interests: reading, exploring/traveling, and music. Although she does have some things she's proud to be good at, being taught by her grandmother, one of them is cooking, she's been doing so since she was around 7 years old, but another proud achievement of hers is sewing. Her grandmother told her that she needed to learn to sew when one day her clothes got ripped and she might need to fix them or create some new clothes. She aspires to be a top trainer, not the number one best, but one of the best. One of her motives is to find her origins (like where she came from, who were her parents, what happened to them?), another is to trainer herself and her Pokemon to defeat the gym leaders and any powerful trainer they come across, and the third is to find the meaning behind the colorful stone on her pendant/now bracelet.

Writing Sample: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=10169416&postcount=87

[These pictures don't belong to me, they belong to their rightful owners!]

Last edited:
Years

FULL NAME: Natsuko Soyokaze
PREFERRED NAME: Natsuko, but her friends call her Tsu
PRONOUNS: She/Her
HOME REGION: Hoenn
DEVICE: PokeNav
POKEMON ON HAND:
120px-077Ponyta.png

Sunshine (Ponyta)
Female / Jolly / Flash Fire
Level: 15
- Tackle
- Tail Whip
- Sunny Day
- Flame Charge​

APPEARANCE:
Tsu.png

Natsuko is of average build, about 5' 3" and on the slender side. She has a light complexion, with a button nose, round blue eyes, and a small quirky smile. Her hair is black, usually kept in a messy bob cut, and she prefers to sweep her bangs to one side rather than cut them.

Her clothing tends to change often, and usually adapts to the weather, but there are a few constants to her wardrobe, like her glasses. She likes black, especially shirts, but likes to accentuate it with brighter colored jackets or skirts. She will usually wear skirts, as she doesn't like pants, and doesn't even like her socks to go up past her shins. She likes hats, although she doesn't always wear one, but her favorite is a black flat cap her father gave her.

PERSONALITY: More of a thinker than a doer, Natsuko likes to observe and make plans even if she's not great at actually carrying out those plans. She's either a very talkative introvert or a very shy extrovert, as she never wants to talk about herself or her future, despite being very friendly and curious about others. She likes to sightsee, and takes a lot of photos and videos. She seems slow to trust, as she can get along with just about anyone but rarely forms lasting bonds with them. She's like a warm summer breeze: pleasant and fun while she's there, but never sticking around for long.

BRIEF HISTORY: Originally born in Hoenn, Natsuko moved to Kanto with her parents when she was five. Living in the big city, she had plenty of chances to meet people, and enjoyed seeing the Pokémon that lived in town. She even had a group of close friends who she would have all kinds of adventures with, which was nice because she rarely got to see her parents, who were too busy with work.

As the years went on, childhood antics became less tolerated, and what was once cute started getting Natsuko and the gang in trouble. Sneaking into the Game Corner to see if they really did have Dratini as prizes earned her a scolding, but breaking in after dark to set free the Porygon nearly got her arrested. Noticing their little girl had grown into a restless teen, her parents sent her to a Trainer school up north.

While there, she adopted a Pokémon egg from a local Day Care, which hatched into a Ponyta. For the first time, she got to choose where to go with her life, and decided she wanted to return home. Not to Celadon, but all the way back to Hoenn. Because her aunts who lived in Slateport could check in on her, her parents accepted her decision, and soon she took a passenger ship from Vermillion to Kinyo, then a train to Akurnai, and now a ferry to Slateport.

CURRENT GOAL: To become a photographer. She left Hoenn when she was young, and doesn't remember it very well, so she wants to make a record of sights and events as she travels the country. She'd eventually like to be a professional photographer, maybe even make movies, and maybe be in a movie or two herself.

FLAVOR: She likes a good show, which carries over to her battle style. She likes setting up combos and usually goes for what looks better than what is more effective. She'll spend more time goofing off than actually training, but would love to be in a double battle part of a team just for the spectacle of it all.

WRITING SAMPLE: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=10109794#post10109794

Last edited:

budube

Hi I'm Cube
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen yesterday

Miranda Lockhart

download20200600121516.png

14 years old - She / Her - Orre
Appearance

Miranda stands in 4'9'' and has a rectangular body shape. She isn't physically strong, but she isn't a weakling either and she is a fast runner. She has a somewhat tanned skin tone, light brown neck-length hair and her eyes, though it's hard to take a good look at them, are hazel-colored. She always walks slowly, constantly looking at her sides and with her head down.

Miranda wears sporty clothes and gray tees. She is always wearing a red baseball cap and likes carrying an old baseball bat that she uses to hit and break your legs stuff.

Personality
Miranda is a very violent and foul mouthed girl and it isn't hard to make her angry at all, but that's how things have always been wild in Pyrite Town. That's not something she is proud about, though, and she wants to be better.

Despite her explosive attitude, Miranda can be a very careful planner. She is also very protective to her Pokémon (it was her Mankey the one that helped her survive in Pyrite, after all); however, that doesn't mean she won't channel her anger at them sometimes.

Miranda has trouble trusting other people and would prefer being on her own over wasting time with a "useless kid" unless she has the same interests as that other person, but when she trusts someone, she gets to be a very loyal friend.

Brief History
Miranda was abandoned not long after she was born and was adopted by the owner of the Pyrite Super Grand Hotel, however, with her adoptive father being busy with his job the whole day, she basically grew up alone.

Pyrite, being a town full of thugs and illegal activity, didn't fail to make Miranda follow that path as well. She would gather her group of friends and lead them into stealing passerbys or Colosseum victors together with her pet Mankey. In the streets, she learned how to survive.

She enjoyed watching battles at the Duel Square and the Pyrite's Colosseum, and would sneak into the latter when given the chance, only to watch battles without paying an entrance fee.

Her attitude earned her the fear of her gang, but also earned their despise. One night, Miranda broke inside a PokéMart. The gang was supposed to be there for her when the alarms started ringing, but it was too late when she realized she was alone. She was arrested, but she didn't stay in prison for too much time (she was just a kid, and in the end she didn't get to steal anything). She then realized that she didn't want to be feared, but respected and wanted to give up the life she had. She wanted to be a trainer, but that was going to be hard on a region like Orre.

Using the money she gathered from previous robberies and by assisting her father in the hotel, she was able to get her own Trainer License, a PokéBall for Mankey, and eventually a ticket to the Kinyo region.

She didn't expect Kinyo to be similar to Orre in the way of "not-to-many-trainers", and she was fairly disappointed. She managed to overhear two people saying that there was going to be a ferry to the Hoenn region, though, but she had no money left. The only way she could board the ferry was with a final sneak.

Current Goal
Miranda wants to be a trainer and be respected as such. She wants to dedicate herself to participate in tournaments and get the title of "Pyrite Queen", which has been given only to Deep King Agnol in the buried Deep Colosseum 20 years ago.

Flavor
- Miranda doesn't know how to read, and any joke about it will result in getting punched.
- Her birthday is on December 3rd.
- Sometimes, against wild Pokémon, she will try to fight the Pokémon herself.
- Because of the way she dresses and acts, she is often confused by a boy. While she is used to it, she still doesn't like it, and talking about it will also result in getting punched.
- Miranda isn't her real name (she doesn't know what it is), and she hates it. She also dislikes her surname; however she prefers Miranda over any shortened form of her name… obviously shortening her name will also result in getting punched.
-Her device is last model Pokémon Digital Assistant. That may sound fancy, but they stopped being a thing 10 years ago.
- Battle Theme

Pokémon
600px-056Mankey.png

pokeball.png
Mankey- Male - Ability: Anger Point
Moves: Taunt/Covet/Pursuit/Revenge

RP Sample in Jordie's SU

Last edited:

WizardOfOdd

Kirbmeister
Years
"Welp, I guess I'll just have to wing it"
Arthur Weissmann
'The Plan Man'
Jacques 'Jack' Tenenbaum

N1SFh8I.png

Preferred Name: Jacques, Jack, Arthur? Who is Arthur?
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Hometown: Rural countryside of Kalos. It's definitely not Mossdeep City, Hoenn
Devices: Pokegear. Actually has a Holotch too.

Appearance
Jack is standing at a height of 171 cm tall, with a slim build. He has a pale complexion and black hair which he parted to the right side of his face. He also wears sunglasses to cover his amber eyes and protect it from excessive sunlight and not because he's trying to hide his identity.

He wears an indigo colored sweater over his light blue shirt and beige colored trousers made from cotton. However, due to his dislike of places with a temperature that is too warm, he is more often seen with rolled-up sleeves, while his sweater is tied around his neck instead. He also wears brown short boots with laces and beige trilby hat to complete his look.

Personality
Jack used to be quick-tempered and rash, but he mellowed up and become a relatively calm and resourceful person as he matured with age. He's a mature person but he has a competitive streak regarding Pokemon battles which shows with the variety of strategies he employs during his battles. He tries to avoid being too ruthless in battles, however, when an important thing is at stake then it's anything goes, which unfortunately is most of the time.

He is a kind person who likes to smile and socialize with people, but he hates to socialize with people who merely flaunt status without anything worth to back it up as he values hard work the most. He's also a meticulous and sly person who would utilize every aspect of things to his advantage as long as it doesn't break the rule or inconvenience other people. He is usually prepared with multiple backup plans in case things go south on either his life or Pokemon battling, he is also willing to go on great lengths to make sure that his plan goes off without a hitch. He is also an extremely frugal person who afraid that money limitations would lead to his journey's doom, but it doesn't mean he is not willing to spend some when a friend is involved.

Brief History
Jack is born to a pair of local farmers in a village near Lumiose City. Due to his family condition, Jack always wanted to fix his family condition, which is why he eventually chose to learn a lot about Pokemon battling and be a champion. Or that's the gist of what the real man behind the fake persona is trying to mask his real identity with.

Jack's real identity is Arthur Weissmann, the only son of Eric and Sally Weissmann who met during their journey to become a top trainer and top coordinator respectively. His grandfather is George Weissmann, a former E4 of the Hoenn Region specializing in Steel-type Pokemon. He was very famous to be on par or even stronger than the champion at the time and the results at the international tournaments prove just that, creating a massive following, especially in Hoenn Region. However, this fame would also be the downfall to his father when he couldn't live up to people's expectations, causing him to dislike Pokemon battling for quite some time and formed tension between him and Arthur who was not willing to give up on following his grandfather's footstep.

Eventually, the relationship between the two was getting better, and his father who now worked as a researcher eventually gave his blessing for Arthur to be a trainer. Eric enrolled Arthur to the Trainer School at Mahono Town, where his former travel partner during his trainer days Kirk Hope is now teaching as one of the lecturers. Kirk later becomes an uncle figure for Arthur and a step-parent for him alongside his wife Ingrid who he married with the help of Arthur. Arthur was a great student who is reliable in the eyes of both of his friends and teachers, he managed to hide the fact he had to work very hard in order to be considered an ace student at least in theoretical tests and it caused him to look effortless in mastering information about Pokemon.

At the school he had a best friend, her name is Alice Roselle. Alice had a natural talent in Pokemon battling and was quite powerful that it took her holding back against her best friend that Arthur managed to win. After graduating, Arthur traveled through the region until he reached Akurnai City. There he met Alice again and they had quite a good time catching up with each other. However, it doesn't stay that way very long. After Arthur's loss against both Alice and Akurnai's Gym Leader Deidre, the anger hits a boiling point.

He and Alice had a big argument, and there he finally realized what he feared was true that all his win against Alice was just a set up by her because Alice felt pity. That combined with the fact that Alice accidentally brought up the topic of Arthur will unable to even surpass E4 level with his current attitude without her realizing, causing him to fully snap and drop a hurtful parting word that Alice will never be able to understand him ever.

After some time spent at introspecting, he realized that it wasn't completely Alice's fault and that the problem mostly lied with him. After he remembered that Deidre said that the Kinyo League will be closed sooner than expected and the challengers will be moved to challenge Hoenn League. He decided that the best way possible to move forward is to remove all the burdens weighing him, and so he removed all of his familial identity. But for him, it wasn't enough.

Compared to him, Alice was always destined to be in the limelight and he didn't want the egoistical friend that he was to jeopardize it. And so to keep it secret from her, he decided to hide it from everyone, even the people he knew to prevent the information from leaking. And that was how the persona Jacques Tenenbaum was born.

Pokemon List
Spoiler:

Current Goal
I want to be the very best like no one ever was~. Trying to be a great trainer without being tied with his grandfather's legacy. Also, keeping his identity secret from everyone that knew him so Alice doesn't feel burdened with his presence in challenging the league.

Flavor
- His favorite food is Baguette and Mocha Latte. It's actually Spicy foods and Chocolate milk
- His hobby is talking about Pokemon, tinkering with devices, and learning more about the Kalosian language. The real list is Pokemon battling, tinkering with devices, playing piano, stargazing, and reading books. He actually sucks at linguistics.
- He speaks with a mix of universal and Kalosian language to help him hide his identity, also because it's fun for me to write :3
- Jack's birthday is on the 22nd of December, Arthur's actual birthday is on the 4th of January.
- All of his current clothes he actually bought at thrift shops around Akurnai City
- Due to childhood trauma, he's uncomfortable around Poison-type Pokemon. But he's even more uncomfortable around Snake-like Pokemon due to the Pokemon involved being an Arbok.
- Battle theme music when it's all fun and games. Theme music when it's not

Writing Sample
Well, you guys probably already knew what I was going to link here. But for those of you who is still wondering what the F-Zero chapter actually contains, well here it is.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 13, 2020
(Clicked post by accident before finishing this, sorry!)

Full Name: Kendall Douglas
Other Name(s): Ken
Pronouns: He/Him
Home Region: Kinyo
Device: Holotch

Appearance:
In terms of build, Kendall stands at 5' 9", with a physique slightly more toned then your average slim teenager. His complexion is light olive in tone. His facial features include dark green eyes, a thin nose and dark brown hair that is kept short and tidy.

Kendall's usual outfit is so obviously one of a stereotypical trainer you would think he was doing it as a bit. You would normally spot him wearing a red cap with a white Pokeball logo on the front, a burgundy windbreaker with black accents and the sleeves rolled up, grey runner shorts and white trainers. Starting out all of these garments will be from high quality, expensive brands.

Personality:
Kendall likes to be seen as cool, smart, and most importantly, self-made. The kind of guy for who everything comes off effortlessly. He wants to be famous one day, his name to become one of legends. He wants to be deeply respected for his immense intelligence and battle wits, and fawned over his stylishness and good looks. And so he tries to act in a way that emulates all of these qualities in all of his interactions.

But just because you want something does not mean you get it so easily. Unfortunately for Ken, a lifetime of being shielded from criticisms has led him to overestimate his own qualities by quite a bit, and his overt confidence and poshness can easily come off as naive to adults, and obnoxious to his less privileged peers. However, to his credit (and expensive tutors) Ken is actually knowledgeable about a variety of things.

Due to having lived a privileged, sheltered life, Ken has mainly known hardship only through words and TV. He is used to having easy access, and so gets easily frustrated when things don't go his way straight away. People in his life so far may have learned to deal with his tantrums in a manageable way in the past, but others may be less tolerant to such entitled behaviour.

Brief History:
The Douglas family consists of Kirk Douglas, inheritor and CEO of a regionally successful food manufacturer that mainly produces snacks such as their flagship product Extraoran-ary, crisps with a distinct flavour of oran berries; Bethany Douglas, an actress from Unova who was involved in a few minor hits back in the day; and their two sons, Benjamin and Kendall. Their massive, gated residence is situated in west Kinyo, a good distance from neighbouring towns, and houses the family as well as their many employees.

Kirk and Bethany's first son Benjamin was born six years before Kendall. Benjamin was mainly raised by the staff and nannies his parents employed, and they grew a fond relationship between them. He was quick to see the differences between his life and theirs, and from a young age asked if he could attend state schools instead of private ones, and preferred to speak in a less aristocratic manner than the one his parents adopted. He fell into a relationship with a girl in his school during his adolescence, who's family decided to move towns a few years later. Driven purely by their emotions, Benjamin and the girl decided to run away from home before they got forcibly separated, a move that devastated Kirk and Bethany.

Kendall was ten when his older brother disappeared with his girlfriend from their mansion. All he had left behind for them was a letter asking for forgiveness from his parents and for them to not search for him. His parents blamed their lax parenting style for their older son's actions and decided to take a different approach with Kendall. He was already going to private school before, but now it was homeschooling and mingling only with kids from similar wealthy backgrounds. Kirk wanted to pass on the family business at some point to his children just like his own father had done with him, and so not wanting to "repeat mistakes" Kendall was to have a specific curriculum of business-oriented topics that would slowly guide and refine him to become a worthy successor.

Kendall however had a different idea for what he wanted to be. His brother actually had a deep interest for training and battling with Pokemon, a passion that got passed down to him as well, and they both would watch league matches happening on other regions on TV till early morning. They would have posters of famous gym leaders and league champions on their bedrooms walls, and would constantly talk about how they would one day travel abroad, challenge and concur all the leagues themselves. Their parents obviously wanted them to set their sights more towards the family business as they got older, but they let them have their fun with training by getting them each a small Pokemon when either one of them reached twelve years old, as a pet.

Six years passed since the incident. It had been a few years since Kendall's parents got him a pet Cyndaquil for his birthday; since then Kendall had learned the basics of battling and training his Pokemon after begging his parents to include it into his curriculum. One day a mysterious letter was passed to him by a long-serving staff member - it was from his long separated brother. It detailed a lot of what had happened since he had left home; turns out Benjamin had fled to Hoenn, was working in a trainer school, and married. He didn't specify where exactly he was, and in the end of the letter challenged Kendall to find him so that they could finally battle each other, like they had always talked about.

Instantly intrigued and filled with ideas of adventure and glory, Kendall quietly arranged with a few staff members to plan for a trip to Hoenn, where he would begin training his Pokemon to take on his brother, and the league while at it. Knowing his parents would not approve of such endeavours, it was going to have to become an unfortunate repeat of history for the Douglas family.

Current Goal:
Kendall wants to become a world famous trainer, and believes the first step to that will be to challenge the league. He is also looking for his older brother in Hoenn, who told him that he works in a trainer school somewhere.

Pokemon On Hand:
Quilava (evolved from Cyndaquil at lvl 14), female
Nature // Lax; Ability // Blaze
Moves // Roar, Smokescreen, Ember, Quick Attack

Writing Sample:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Writing Sample:
aaaa Kendall looks really good! I just wanna see a little writing sample so I get an idea of how you write ofc but unless that's really terrible (and im sure it wont be lol) you'll be accepted :D

Arthur Jack is accepted ofc!

I will update the cast list when I get back home tomorrow. And Slateport will be posted within the week! I'd like to see at least one post from everyone before that but even if you dont post ferry stuff before Slateport comes out you are still welcome to finish your ferry stuff. It's more about following the timeline IC than OOC, yknow?

forg

ba-dum tssss. [icon]coffee-pot[/icon]
Years
Gonna slide here like:

Koko Ara

Koko Puffs - 17 - She/Her - Sinnoh - Pokétch

sVX9cXN_d.webp

Appearance

Close your eyes and imagine a slender, petite woman like, say, 5' 4" (~165 cm), with fair pink skin. Eyes seemingly distant and dazed housed pale emerald pupils matching with a constant small smile beneath them. Chestnut brown locks cascade down and end an inch past shoulders with bangs that are slightly brushed to her left just above the eye.

Fashion for Koko consists of matching oversized jackets, shirts, and shoes combo. Normally the woman owns dozens upon dozens of color-coded combinations, but for the sake of carrying only a backpack for the journey she, sadly, resorted to three colors; lime green, salmon pink, and mauve purple. Regardless of color her puffy jacket conceals the black shorts and tank top, the latter of which its color is identical to the jacket itself. Albeit it is not pictured above, she also dons a large cross body messenger bag; three thick jackets can't simply fit in a small tote bag now.

Personality

Koko is a reserved and quiet young woman who, due to her non-confrontational nature, sees nothing wrong with appeasing others and being open right off the gate. Afterall, why keep anything of her traits hidden when she can immediately ward off those who wouldn't be able to stand her or be comfortable around her? Conflict can be messy, thus her desire to avoid it. However were it to arise she refuses to fan the flames, unafraid to admit defeat and leave as soon as possible. Furthermore she can be clever, but only because her slothful ways have pushed her to do so.

As a result of her upbringing she finds the most comfort in her solitude. Also a result of the aforementioned upbringing, she is a fool who believes any acquaintance can be trusted, preferring them to tear down at her trust opposed to building it up from the get go, thus her rather chummy and kind attitude. Her positivism allows for this to happen, but cannot prevent grudges and bitter memories from resurfacing and resulting in her distancing and avoidance.

Brief History

Born as the eldest of three siblings, Koko had constantly been pressured to lead by example. Thus she had focused solely on her studies and nothing more which resulted in a teen that didn't know the first thing about doing laundry, but at least she knew the multiples of 9 by heart. From a young age she had adapted to a system of rewards from her parents; good grades equals recognition, therefor gifts and more attention. Being at the same level as others would only bring her indifference from her parents. A lack of time caused her to choose games and Pokémon over potential comrades, thus a lack thereof. Not that she minded, for she was more than happy to socialize with her family and their pet Pokémon. One such member of the family was a fellow female Steelix belonging to her father. Thanks to living in a land with plenty of acres, albeit not a ranch per se, the family saw no problem with her simply being outside, able to peek through the large windows to see her loved ones.

School was an escape for Koko. Yes, she loved her home, yet being in school offered her the opportunity to be away from the eyes of her guardians. Whether it was awkwardly rejecting party invitations or dates, Koko took every opportunity she had to find the time to isolate herself in the school's Art room. There she had acclimated and found herself in a small group of friends. Alas it did not last long, the moment came to depart nobody kept it contact with one another. The few times Koko made an attempt she did not receive anything in return.

During her tenth birthday, as for the tenth birthdays for her siblings, she was given the miraculous opportunity to own a Pokémon of her own to raise as a means to grow responsible. After much deliberation, she ultimately came to the conclusion of choosing an Onix that would one day become the Steelix she had grown to love and grow close with; nostalgia had a big part on the decision as well. Thus she received the large creature under the guidance of her father. The ensuing attention she received from him as a result of the choice was very gratifying. It was no wonder that the other two children made the same choice as they bared witness to their father glued to Koko. Thus, Koko found a great friend in her beloved onix.

The Current Goal

Having grown pleasing her parents led Koko to mistake her father's childhood dream of being a Pokémon Master her own. Unfortunately the poor woman doesn't realize that it's more of a need and necessity than a want, marking the beginning of an eventual existential crisis.

Flavor

Koko snacks throughout the day on small fruits - cherries and watermelon pieces being her preferred - alongside some slice of bread with a drizzle of honey.

Starter

Kiko Kin Kin
095XYMS.png

Bind - Rock Polish - Dragonbreath - Body Press (TM)

The Writing Sample

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 13, 2020
aaaa Kendall looks really good! I just wanna see a little writing sample so I get an idea of how you write ofc but unless that's really terrible (and im sure it wont be lol) you'll be accepted :D
Added a writing sample to the su! Hope it's good enough lmao I haven't wrote anything in years

Back