• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen What if the Gen 2 games were impossible to complete ?

Artificial Amateur 2

Artificial Amateur 2
Years
  • What would your reaction be if Prof. Elm gave you no choice to choose your starter just like Pokemon Yellow. He himself gives you one pokemon !

And to shake things more up , that Pokemon will be a Lvl.5 Magikarp which only has the move Splash ?

And just like the OG pokemon games , you wont get your pokeballs in the beginning .

You also cant run away from battles !

Comment your reactions down below !

Credits : Dorkly !

Guest123_x1

I would have quit the Pokémon franchise completely never to come back if G/S/C went the way you described. I would think many other players would quit the franchise in frustration as well.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • What do you mean like in the OG you won't get Pokeballs in the beginning? You get five free balls, unless I'm mistaken? And if I'm wrong on that, I know you can buy some. You start off with $3000 in the game. So even then you could buy 5 Pokeballs for $1000 and catch something with a viable move, at the very least. So no, you wouldn't be up a creek without a paddle entirely. And I'm going to completely ignore how from a game design standpoint they wouldn't have done this...lol.

Guest123_x1

What do you mean like in the OG you won't get Pokeballs in the beginning? You get five free balls, unless I'm mistaken? And if I'm wrong on that, I know you can buy some. You start off with $3000 in the game. So even then you could buy 5 Pokeballs for $1000 and catch something with a viable move, at the very least. So no, you wouldn't be up a creek without a paddle entirely. And I'm going to completely ignore how from a game design standpoint they wouldn't have done this...lol.
    You have a good point, but without the ability of your starter Pokémon to use a damaging move to weaken a wild Pokémon, you would be going through at least three or more PokéBalls to capture a single early-route Pokémon with a 255 catch rate. Not to mention you would be wearing that early-route Pokémon pretty doggone quick since it would almost certainly be at a lower level (2-4) as opposed to your starter (5), even though as it is in the games now, you have to keep rushing back to your house or to the first Pokémon Center on a constant basis to heal your Pokémon that you may have caught that early in the game.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I mean, I never said it was gonna be easy, lol. Doable, but not a piece of cake by any means.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    What purpose does a game have if you can't beat it?

At the same time I wonder if a start as restrictive as that could be used to make the game more enjoyable for any type of player. Hardcore players would still try to beat the game with that bit of challenge, while non-hardcore players would have one more reason so search for other people who can trade them something better.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    uhhh well I would take the least grassy patched path to cherrygrove city. I'd probably save before entering each section of grass so if I'm killed I can restart just a bit closer. Once in cherrygrove city I would buy pokeballs and save again. Head back into the grass and catch whatever I can and use that pokemon as my starter.

This method would just be a hassle to start, but after that it would be like a normal game

Years
    • Seen today
    What would your reaction be if Prof. Elm gave you no choice to choose your starter just like Pokemon Yellow. He himself gives you one pokemon !

And to shake things more up , that Pokemon will be a Lvl.5 Magikarp which only has the move Splash ?

And just like the OG pokemon games , you wont get your pokeballs in the beginning .

You also cant run away from battles !

Comment your reactions down below !

Credits : Dorkly !
    Game Freak would never do this. Pokemon is primarily marketed towards kids, and as such, the games are made so that kids can beat them. With your ideas, the games would become impossible for them, turning many people away from the games, which would make Game Freak lose money and possibly even go bankrupt.

Back