• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: General Roleplay Discussion Thread "the RPD" (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
Years
  • Hey, just wanted to know if there was any interest in a Fire Emblem RP? I have a very rough draft for one (basic plot, class list and a few other things), but plan on completing it sometime soon.

And due to not currently being in any Roleplays at the moment, I might as well make my own. Besides, I need to learn how to GM anyway.

So yeah, any interest?

I've never played Fire Emblem and only heard of it in SSBB, but it would be interesting to see what you could come up with. I'm currently involved in three RPs (although the Pokemon academy is more relaxed/casual so I don't consider it a commitment-heavy RP unlike the two others), so I won't really join it. I do know there are a lot of Fire Emblem fans in the RPC though, so go for it if the idea's good.

Also, I was browsing through the RPC when I got a nostalgia attack to a forum I used to frequent 5-6 year back, BeTweenTalk (BTT fir short). There was an RP where you'd lay as yourself and you were stuck in PC and had to fight the mods who showed up as monsters in order to get out. You'd also meet your characters from all the RPs you've participated in sometimes. It's a pretty cool concept for an event.

Jay

[font=Brawler][color=#91a8d4][i]Here comes the boi
    Years
  • Hey, just wanted to know if there was any interest in a Fire Emblem RP? I have a very rough draft for one (basic plot, class list and a few other things), but plan on completing it sometime soon.

And due to not currently being in any Roleplays at the moment, I might as well make my own. Besides, I need to learn how to GM anyway.

So yeah, any interest?

You had me at fire emblem RP.

No but seriously, I adore Fire Emblem, it's one of my favorite series and I've always wanted to join an RP based in a Fire Emblem setting. (To be honest the idea of making a fire emblem RP had been swimming around in my head for quite some time as well. Before joining this site, even.)

If you plan to make one with an interesting plot to back it up... then you can expect me to be one of the first reservations. ^-^

TheBringerOfLife

TheReviver
    Years
  • So sadly, No Remorse didn't go over well, but I'd still like to RP here.
    If any GMs are in possession of any relatively new RPs that need an active (and powerful) writer, I'm here.
    ~TBOL.

TheBringerOfLife

TheReviver
    Years
  • I am very turned onto the idea of RPing in Gunpowder.
    I'll check it out and probably submit a character profile tomorrow.
    I warn you though, I tend to take RPs down a darker, but still very structured, path. I also love forming social relationships, weather or not they are platonic or romantic.
    I'll see you there.
    ~TBOL

Edit: I'm doing it now.

Last edited:

MichaelaTheUchiha

Forever Shawol and Aileean
    Years
  • Wow, I haven't been on here in a year. Is there anyone still around from when I used to RP?

( Also, I see that the POKéMON trainer academy is STILL going on. Wow. )

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Me and Alby made a new Digimon RP! It's not going to be chapter based or something like that, the GMs will move the plot with NPCs and our own characters. And you can pick nearly any digimon line you want, and it starts in the real world but won't necessarily stay there... It would be nice with a couple of more players!

D I G I M O N
    REVOLUTION

rated T
    [URL="http://homestuck.bandcamp.com/track/unite-synchronization"]theme song

a roleplay by Carnivore Chie & adventure
    spots are OPEN
    [/URL]

Wow, I haven't been on here in a year. Is there anyone still around from when I used to RP?

( Also, I see that the POKéMON trainer academy is STILL going on. Wow. )
    We will never leave 8) welcome back! I'm Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers, in case you missed all my name changes idk.

Foxrally

Years
  • I (sort of) revived the interview thread. It felt so sad and empty and I was pretty bummed out after me and Sonata lost almost 3k words on an etherpad crash, so I decided to unleash my rage on the mortal world on an interview post.

MichaelaTheUchiha

Forever Shawol and Aileean
    Years
  • I shall attempted to stay! Hopefully there are some RPs that aren't completely closed, laughs.

Thank you for those who welcomed me back, and hello to all that said hi!

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
    Years
  • Gonna do some shameless advertising here...

--------

«Sword Art Online: Sanctuary» is still recruiting players!

Click on picture to be send to the OOC

I'm planning on being active more and me, ShinyDiamond and our Co-GM Machomuu already have a really good plot brewing. Due to the inactivity of a lot of older members I had to boot out a few so we'd love some new members~

We'd especially like some more PK'ers or normal players!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    echo echo

So, the RPA ended pretty eerily. :p How about more RPChallenges and events where you can toss in existing characters instead?

Foxrally

Years
  • echo echo

So, the RPA ended pretty eerily. :p How about more RPChallenges and events where you can toss in existing characters instead?

TBH we just need a RP where we can just loosen up and mess around. Kind of like a lounge for all characters from all RPs and they can just screw with everyone.

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
    Years
  • TBH we just need a RP where we can just loosen up and mess around. Kind of like a lounge for all characters from all RPs and they can just screw with everyone.

This. is. genius. so many jerks that can... well... jerk around!

I've been wondering something for a while and I'd like to share it with all of you.

I've noticed that in almost all the SU's for RP's I've read through that the characters are usually handsome, good-looking, pretty and/or cute. I don't remember I've ever seen a character that was actually pretty ugly or fat/chubby and grew prettier during the RP or something.

It would be quite funny now I think about it?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    TBH we just need a RP where we can just loosen up and mess around. Kind of like a lounge for all characters from all RPs and they can just screw with everyone.
    We've actually already talked about that a bit :) sorta like a café where chars from different RPs can come in. Or some other setting!

This. is. genius. so many jerks that can... well... jerk around!

I've been wondering something for a while and I'd like to share it with all of you.

I've noticed that in almost all the SU's for RP's I've read through that the characters are usually handsome, good-looking, pretty and/or cute. I don't remember I've ever seen a character that was actually pretty ugly or fat/chubby and grew prettier during the RP or something.

Maybe because in a RP, you often want to play out a cool fantasy. Being a cute girl with a cool pokemon team, being that happy go lucky muscular dude with sword skills... Being a fat diabetic with one leg and acne isn't what most people wish for. No offense to one legged people etc. That's just my theory.

But playing slightly dysfunctional characters can be really interesting sometimes.

Foxrally

Years
  • I've noticed that in almost all the SU's for RP's I've read through that the characters are usually handsome, good-looking, pretty and/or cute. I don't remember I've ever seen a character that was actually pretty ugly or fat/chubby and grew prettier during the RP or something.

Well, I've seen quite a few characters that aren't beauty pageants. There's Dustin from gunpowder by Godzil as well as McGregor and Youssef from outbreak that have different physiques (one's old and chubby, the other emaciated and bony). I'm sure you could find more.

Jay

[font=Brawler][color=#91a8d4][i]Here comes the boi
    Years
  • TBH we just need a RP where we can just loosen up and mess around. Kind of like a lounge for all characters from all RPs and they can just screw with everyone.

I also think that this is a great idea! Something like this would give us something to do between big serious posts in other RPs... it might also help us get to know our own characters from other RPs a little bit better, which would inevitably make our posting as them much better.

Not only that, but if it was a more casually structured thing it might encourage new people to give RPing a try... in doing so it could bring more attention and players to the RP corner overall.

But hey, that's just my two cents on the topic.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back