• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Completed Rom Hacks

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 13, 2023
Oh yeah Radical red is so good as a game, with nice difficulty and the whole national dex

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 25, 2020
Hello i'm new and i want to play radical red so bad
Can someone plz help me with how i can download and play

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jan 4, 2021
if i click on it it says: 'not working? repair your download' and then i just can't do anything
does anyone know what to do??

Years
  • Seen today
@Salvation714

What ''your boy'' Knuckle San does is illegal (distributing ROM files). That's the whole point of making a patch. Linking to this can possibly lead to a ban on Pokecommunity.

Last edited:
Years
I just recently played finished Pokemon Radical Red. I loved the challenge and especially the features it had in the rom hack, particularly the EV/IV stat checker, IV changer NPC, EV reset NPC, and the move tutors, relearner, etc. I thought these features were the most that stuck out to me in a hack. I'm not much of a fan of fakemons, modified Pokemon stats/moves/traits, or created regions. Despite Radical Red having some of these features I'm not too much a fan of, it was one of the better rom hacks I've played.

Would anyone know of a hack that more so resembles a vanilla rom (preferably FRLG) that implements these features such as the IV/EV check, IV change, EV set/reset, nature modify, as well as includes Fairy type with physical special split? I don't care much for Megas or Dynamax. A 386 dex would be fine for me too as long as it updates abilities, moves, and typings.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen today
Would anyone know of a hack that more so resembles a vanilla rom (preferably FRLG) that implements these features such as the IV/EV check, IV change, EV set/reset, nature modify, as well as includes Fairy type with physical special split? I don't care much for Megas or Dynamax. A 386 dex would be fine for me too as long as it updates abilities, moves, and typings.

I didn't play much of any FRLG rom hack yet, and I don't know if there's one besides Radical Red that has what you're looking for. But if you're ok with fan games, you may want to take a look at Pokémon Zero: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=408960

It has free move relearner on every PC, various move tutors throughout the game, nature modifier on Celadon, no fakemon, no custom edits to stats/moves/abilities, Fairy type, P/S split, all moves and abilities updated to Gen 8 (for example Inner Focus blocks Intimidate). It doesn't have IV/EV check/reset/change mechanic though, but you don't really need that because it's definitely not as difficult as Radical Red.

It's mostly an enhanced FRLG with Pokémon from Gen 1 to 4 available in Kanto, plus some newer gen Pokémon that can be found in the Sevii Islands. It doesn't make huge changes to trainers' teams, all the important trainers will still mostly have their classic Kanto Pokémon, occasionally mixed with one or two Pokémon from newer gens (or regional variants) to avoid repetition (for example so that Agatha doesn't have repeated Haunter/Gengar)

Back