• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If you were in charge of making the next region, what country would you base it off of?

Soaring Sid

Now I'm motivated
Years
  • Norway! Scandinavian folklore is absolutely fascinating to me and I find that Northern Europe in general has such unique culture, not to mention the technology there! I think it would make a superb region! Think of how they could incorporate Viking culture as well as Norse mythology into the storyline!!

I'd also be very happy if Egypt, Italy, Greece, or China inspired new regions as well!

Bearded Emboar, viking style, fire electric!

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Australia would be badass. Between the arid highlands, the lush vegetation, the cityscapes, and the coral reefs - man that would make for some great Pokémon ecology.

SirDeoxys

Deoxys in a suit
    Years
  • I used to make fan-made "generations" as a kid, and one place I always found would be interesting is the Scandinavia area. I like the idea of a Norse Mythology based Pokémon generation, with an emphasis on lore and history.

Years
  • I would go with New Jersey but Unova is pretty close to being New York. I really liked the amount of urban stuff there but I'd love a bit more nature if it were up to me

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    Canada, Australia / New Zealand or China. Or even better a little bit of everything, everywhere.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • If I got a chance, I might want to put Indonesia in it. It's very vast, and being the country with many islands, I'm sure there would be lots of places to explore with.

Last edited:

lilaë21

Roaming Sinnoh
    Years
  • I had this thought some time ago and cannot think of a better place for a region than Iran. It is not extremely large to scale down like some proposals like India or Russia (which would be my second- and third choices respectively, btw) but has immense potential because of its varied landscapes, it would make for an amazing regions with deep caves and snow-capped mountains, deserts, lush forests, semi-arid country landscapes, sprawling cities, industrial areas, seaside areas, and last but not least a cultural and historical heritage reaching back millennia which has been and is one of the most influential in world history - and also multiple cultures to take inspiration from.
    Ideally there could be a post-game zone inspired by the Caucasus, but it is also so varied it could well be a region by itself.

CiCi

[font=Satisfy]Obsession: Watanuki Kimihiro and Izu
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    I'd love to see a region in some sort of tropical forest. Like somewhere in South America or maybe Madagascar or another remote island.

Years
  • Ireland. We have such a rich historicle culture in the Celtic background but just about anywhere you may go you may hear storys of famous warriors local spirits and haunted places not to mention the celtic artwork jewlry as well as some of the structures.

And in a lot of Wilderness places in mountins and hills there are caves and water falls and bog land perfect for water ground and maybe poisin types as well as in those places a lot of green farmland. perfect for grass type

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    Like a lot of people here, I think Australia could be great. And then we could have New Zealand for additional content (maybe postgame content?).

Back