• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which gen is your favorite for battling?

Sirfetch’d

Do you prefer the current generation metagame(USUM) or do you favor one of the past gens? Why?

Years
  • I enjoy the current meta the most. I feel like it's the least restrictive OU has been in a while. There's more options and the meta is less stagnant.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Gens 1-4. Anything later is imo needless convoluted shark jumping fluff. :/

Years
    • Seen today
    Ultra Sun/Moon since I started at the beginning on this gen.

I tried some of the others, Gen 1 OU somewhat interested me.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    I'm probably biased because G/S/C are my favorite games, but I had a lot of fun learning and building teams for G/S/C OU. Other than that, gen 4 was pretty fun at times and was probably the last time I put any real effort into battling.

Gens 1-4. Anything later is imo needless convoluted shark jumping fluff. :/

297.png

Years
  • I enjoy the current meta the most. I feel like it's the least restrictive OU has been in a while. There's more options and the meta is less stagnant.

I mean.... if you don't consider the overusage of pex, Tapus "least restrictive," I've found that SM/USUM is quite stale. I actually like last gen's meta more, even if I like this generation's tweaks (apart from no-levitate gengar).

Still waiting for a much-needed knock off nerf.

Years
  • I mean.... if you don't consider the overusage of pex, Tapus "least restrictive," I've found that SM/USUM is quite stale. I actually like last gen's meta more, even if I like this generation's tweaks (apart from no-levitate gengar).

Still waiting for a much-needed knock off nerf.

People need to stop treating the tapus as a group and tart remembering that they're individual mon wit very different uses. Not a single one of them is in the A+ or S rank for viability so while they're in A rank, there's still quite a few Pokemon more viable and likely more prevalent overall as a result. So we're talking about four individual Pokemon who are all good but none are centralising.

It's less restrictive because of the sheer number of OU viable mon, strategies, sets etc etc. The presence of four very different powerful mon who all just happen to be Tapus doesn't hurt that.

Ace Trainer Slash

If you give me about two hours, I can make scripts
    Years
  • I quite like Gen 3-5, they seem fun, especially when I started making teams, and complex movesets for important characters in my hack. I find Gen 7 pretty good too, since that's where I learnt to breed Pokemon, and learn how to make competitive movesets independently. (Gen 7 is also when I used a Dedenne, and that was pretty cool.) :) Though I think I'd have a stronger connection to battling in Gen 3-5 if I knew how to breed for IVs in them. So far I only know how to EV train, and breed for specific natures.

Back