• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Serious To the trans & non-binary/gender nonconfirming members of PC...

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
  • How did you decide upon the name you wanted people to call you? Did it take you awhile to settle on a name?

For me, it took awhile to find a name that suited me. What honestly helped me find a name I wanted to call myself was that I sorted through male K names on a baby names website, and came across Kory. It just felt like the one.

I'll be honest, I like the letter K, which is why I decided to look for k names above all else. Before finding that, I was considering going by a variation of my middle name, but it didn't feel right, so I didn't end up doing that.

Her

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    One afternoon I googled hot sexy girl names and turns out Adriana is a hot sexy girl name that fits me perfectly
    Little else to the story honestly, took me maybe 20 minutes to know it was right

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I haven't considered another name really. My name is my name, I'm not changing my identity just because I'm revealing to people that I'm agender. I can imagine that is more catharthic for trans people though.

However, in my culture names ending with -a undeniably sound feminine. So I've considered asking to be called Riki instead, which is just another nickname and one that is actually used for me IRL (while Rika is exclusively an online name). It's similar enough, maybe doesn't really take away the feminine feeling of it, but at least that little -a that irks me.

So, feel free to call me Riki instead if you want, I guess?

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • Tbh, when I picked Dakota I wasn't sure I even wanted it to be my "permanent" name. I had a trans friend in high school who went by a gender neutral name for a few months before he was comfortable picking something masculine, so I was thinking about that and looking at andro names and decided to start with Dakota just to not have to be deadnamed while I was deciding. Turns out it really stuck and I think it suits me so it just went with it.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • havent chosen yet; havent found anything that feels right :( both Anna and my real name are very feminine and im not thrilled about it :/

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    havent chosen yet; havent found anything that feels right :( both Anna and my real name are very feminine and im not thrilled about it :/
    wow i forgot you were just like me and nica when it came to real names vs online names ahah

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • wow i forgot you were just like me and nica when it came to real names vs online names ahah
    yes!

ironically i used to like using Anna because it felt more feminine to me lmao

also i tried being Skye which is my middle name but thats very not me

an illegible mess.

[i]i'll make [b]tiny changes[/b] to earth.[/i]
    Years
  • i just liked the name ivan. i had gone through other names previously and they never really fit until this one. also, it hearkens to my russian ancestry.

Back