• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ROM Hack's Recommendations

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
Years
  • Does anyone know of a ROM hack with post-Gen VI Exp. Share mechanics? I no longer have the patience to level up each Pokémon in my team individually, so I'd appreciate recommendations in that direction.

If possible, I'd also like them to be Kanto or Johto-centric games. It doesn't matter much to me whether they're enhancements to the original games or full hacks as long as those two initial conditions are fulfilled. Thank you!

Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2022
    hi, i'm searching for a gba rom with this 2 requirements:
    -working local link multiplayer
    -moves split phisical/special

i heard that darkrising 2 has both, somebody can confirm? or other rom with that?

Years
  • Team Rocket-based hacks are rare, and any hacks in general are rarely ever completed at 100 percent. The best you can do is use the Search to find them, and as for this thread it could manage better if were placed in the actual ROM Hacking area. So I'm gonna go ahead and move it there, then the mods can do what they want with it.~

Mahian23

Behold my Supreme Power!
    Years
  • Hi i've been playing unbound and as much as i enjoy it, i'm leaning towards the old storyline but with more features.

so i am very stuck between 4 games at the moment; Radical Red, Gaia, Inclement Emerald and Glazed (new update)

What do you guys think? which should i start?

I think you should try Glazed.It's awesome.And the new update makes it better than before.Try it,You won't regret it later.

Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2022
    I want the most story vanilla Fire Red/Leaf Green as possible, but with all 905 pokémon available and QoL improvements. I know is it possible, as there's engines such Complete FireRed Upgrade, but not found a mod yet.

Years
  • I want the most story vanilla Fire Red/Leaf Green as possible, but with all 905 pokémon available and QoL improvements. I know is it possible, as there's engines such Complete FireRed Upgrade, but not found a mod yet.

Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu & Eevee GBA.​

Explorer of Time

Advocate of Ideals
    Years
  • Are there any romhacks with new regions that don't have full pokedexes, without fakemon? In the official games, each region has its own set of pokemon, with a limited selection of pokemon from previous generations, and I want something like that with a more tightly curated regional dex. All of the "every single pokemon up to (newest gen when the romhack was released)" romhacks kind of blend together after a while. (Fangames are also OK.)

Years
  • Are there any romhacks with new regions that don't have full pokedexes, without fakemon? In the official games, each region has its own set of pokemon, with a limited selection of pokemon from previous generations, and I want something like that with a more tightly curated regional dex. All of the "every single pokemon up to (newest gen when the romhack was released)" romhacks kind of blend together after a while. (Fangames are also OK.)

There are several, but if I had to choose a quality product with an original story, it would be Pokémon Light Platinum or Pokémon Dark Rising.​

Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2024
    Hello, I've been out of gaming for a while, but just recently found out about all these rom hacks. I was hoping I can get several suggestions. I would like to stick to gens I, II and III. No HM's slaves.

Years
  • I need more gen 1 and 2 roms
    I plan on getting brown, ive already completed crystal clear, grape, prism, and super gold 97. Anything else to look out for ? I want more use out of my ez flash jr

Ti-65 Fukunotsuki

Bug Collector
    Years
  • I need more gen 1 and 2 roms
    I plan on getting brown, ive already completed crystal clear, grape, prism, and super gold 97. Anything else to look out for ? I want more use out of my ez flash jr
    I find that there aren't much GBC hacks as opposed to GBA or DS ones, though, here are some hacks I've played and enjoyed. Most of these you can actually find here at PC! I'll link them later when I'm not lazy, or you can find them yourself.

Pokemon Coral
    A romhack of Crystal, it's got Pokemon up to gen 7. It has great Sprite art. Pretty good soundtrack too.

Pokemon Kaizo Blue
    Ridiculously hard romhack of... well Pokemon Blue! If you like that kind of stuff, theres one for crystal aswell.

Pokemon Orange
    Where you have to deliver a GS ball to Prof. Oak while trying to be the champion, it's a crystal hack.

Pokemon Unova Red
    Red with Unova Pokemon, Steel & Dark type added. Story-wise it's the same as Gen 1 but less inconvenient? Like Pokemon that require to be traded to evolve is no something that is no longer the case.

Pokemon Bronze
    If you're looking for something like Brown, this one will do. It's set in between Kanto and Johto.

Pokemon Factory
    You play as Red, now a detective helping Blue with some strange mishaps in Kanto. Fakey mon are included here. Interestingly, this romhack is based on an old fansite under the same name.

Years
    • he he he haw
    • Seen Jul 22, 2022
    i tried to play pokemon bronze once but got stuck in a certain part and tried to look it up, but got no results.

Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2023
    Heyo! Looking for some rom hacks that don't follow the normal storyline, ya dig? I don't want to play something with eight gyms and all that boring jazz
    I've played three or four team rocket games, a team magma game, kyanite, and a few others. There's just not that many ;w;
    If you could help, that'd be appreciated! Thx ^^

Years
  • I'm looking for a Rom Hack that I can pretty much play through from start to finish. Only feature I'd really like is the physical special split, it feels wrong to play without that. The more Pokemon the better naturally but it's not something too important and preferably Gen 3 onwards. Last thing is that I'm not too interested in improvement/difficulty hacks but those suggestions are still appreciated.

Back