• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ROM Hack's Recommendations

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2021
    I am looking for a decently challenging (doesn't have to be hardcore) hack focused on doubles battles. I want to be able to craft my team around a doubles strat and use it all game. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Feb 6, 2024
    any recommendations for heart gold/soul silver hacks? been craving playing through johto again and would like a spruced up experience

Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2022
    I have played through most of Radical Red and while I love the quality of life updates, the difficulty and strategy involved for gyms even on minimal grinding mode is just too much to casually enjoy/nuzlocke. I tried out Nameless Fire Red but it's missing all of the quality of life improvement that Radical Red has. I also have played blazing emerald but quit due to the drastic level gap on the elite four which made nuzlocking very hard. I liked that nameless fire red had nuzlocke rules imbedded which I don't think many rom hacks have.

Long story short, I really liked the large number of Pokémon available, newer game mechanics, exp share, level limits, in battle type previews, move effectiveness, slight spike in difficulty and ability to nuzlocke. Does anyone have suggestions that follow a semi vanilla game?

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2021
    Hello there! Which rom hack would you recommend including only Gen I-II Pokémon and at least Gen 3 graphics. One more requirement is that all 251 Pokémon should be catchable and rom is 100% completed. Thank you in advance!

Last edited:

Jiggykoopbob

Local Pokémon loving Goomba. (Flair theme: SM64DS)
    Years
  • Fan game or Rom hack with almost all Pokémon obtainable?

Hey, Jiggykoopbob here again.

I have been wondering this for a while, And tried to google it several times, But is there maybe a Fan game or Rom hack out there that allows you to obtain almost all Pokémon that exist in one way or another?

Something that comes close to what i described would be fine too.

Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    Any recommendations rom hack or fan game for newbie to play?

Years
  • Hey, Jiggykoopbob here again.

I have been wondering this for a while, And tried to google it several times, But is there maybe a Fan game or Rom hack out there that allows you to obtain almost all Pokémon that exist in one way or another?

Merged your threads with this one, since this thread already deals with ROM hack recommendations.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2022
    Hey everyone what hacks would you recommend with a custom region ( would also be cool if it had more than 1 ) , some fakemon ( im fine with hacks with no fakemon but it at least has to have a new region) , a nice story (its fine if its a bit edgy or mature ) and with gen 4 graphics or under. The games ive played rn that fits this list is Unbound, Gaia , Glazed .

Jiggykoopbob

Local Pokémon loving Goomba. (Flair theme: SM64DS)
    Years
  • I'm just gonna ask it again, Hopefully i am allowed to.

Years
    • Seen today
    Hey everyone what hacks would you recommend with a custom region ( would also be cool if it had more than 1 ) , some fakemon ( im fine with hacks with no fakemon but it at least has to have a new region) , a nice story (its fine if its a bit edgy or mature ) and with gen 4 graphics or under.

-Dreams

Fan game or Rom hack out there that allows you to obtain almost all Pokémon that exist in one way or another?

-Radical Red
    -Rising Earth
    Almost all Pokémon from Gen 1 to 8 obtainable, with a few exceptions (mostly some of the legendaries)

Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2022
    need help finding a game

have played through most of Radical Red and while I love the quality of life updates, the difficulty and strategy involved for gyms even on minimal grinding mode is just too much to casually enjoy/nuzlocke. I tried out Nameless Fire Red but it's missing all of the quality of life improvement that Radical Red has. I also have played blazing emerald but quit due to the drastic level gap on the elite four which made nuzlocking very hard. I liked that nameless fire red had nuzlocke rules imbedded which I don't think many rom hacks have.

Long story short, I really liked the large number of Pokémon available, newer game mechanics, exp share, level limits, in battle type previews, move effectiveness, slight spike in difficulty and ability to nuzlocke. Does anyone have suggestions that follow a semi vanilla game?

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2023
    Just joined the community. I recently heard about and started playing Pokemon Unbound. I've also been hearing about Radical Red and Drayano games. From what I'm playing right now, I really like Unbound. There is just so many QOL changes that make the game more interesting to play and fun that honestly, I think, I might have a hard time going back to the mainline games.

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2023
    Hey Guys,I'm searching for some romhacks that has The Following qualities:
    • Good Graphics
    • New Region
    • Completed

I Already Played:
    [Ruby] Pokémon Light Platinum by Wesley FG
    [Emerald] Pokémon Glazed by redriders180 (Lucbui)
    [FireRed] Pokémon Saiph by Vytron
    [FireRed] Pokémon Adventure Red Chapter by Aethestode
    [FireRed] Pokémon Sors by Vytron
    [FireRed] Pokémon Unbound by Skeli

Have you played Pokemon Brown? The graphics may not be anything special (play it on retroarch gambette), but it does have a new region and mechanics.
    Also there is Pokémon Kanlara. It has a new region and many features.
    By the way, I really like your sig quote. Can I borrow it?

Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2023
    Hi i've been playing unbound and as much as i enjoy it, i'm leaning towards the old storyline but with more features.

so i am very stuck between 4 games at the moment; Radical Red, Gaia, Inclement Emerald and Glazed (new update)

What do you guys think? which should i start?

Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2024
    Hi is there a fire red/leaf green rom that has rare candies available and a difficulty curve?? I have eclipse emulator and can't get cheats and my pc is being repaired atm and I want to do a hardcore nuzlocke but grinding for the level caps is tedious in harder difficulty roms

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2022
    I'm looking for a romhack with butt-loads of content, I have played unbound and really enjoy gen 8 pokemon along with dynamax/gigantamaxing, thanks ahead of time for everything you guys do, you're awesome✌

Back