• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Professor Elm

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    300px-Professor_Elm_Corsola.png
    Professor Elm is the resident Pokémon Professor of New Bark Town in the Johto region. Professor Elm studies unusual Pokémon Abilities. He also specializes in Pokémon breeding, and is credited with the discovery of Pokémon Eggs. Professor Elm gives one of the three starter Pokémon of Johto: Chikorita, Cyndaquil, and Totodile to the player so that we will have an easier time getting to Mr. Pokémon's house.

What was your opinion on Professor Elm? Did you like him, or were you not too fond of him? If the latter, why not? Did you like his involvement in the game? If not, is there something you would change about his role to make things better?

Itcheeee

All Hail Shadow
    Years
  • Elm is probably my least favorite Professor, I never really cared for him much.
    He was not as outgoing as Oak, and he just didn't seem very...professional or always capable to me.
    I think he was pretty nervous in the anime all the time if I remember right, too. Maybe being the next one after Oak was just unfair competition for him, it's kinda hard to 'replace' him.
    After playing HG/SS I started to like him a bit more, but I completely forget he even exists after a while away from the region.

Years
  • I haven't really seen him around lately and he isn't as popular as other Porfessors, however, if we're being honest, I don't think I could actually name all the professors in the Pokémon games. I could probably belt out the names of a few trees but that's about it. They're all forgettable characters for me, really. Oak is the only one that comes to mind, as he's the first and I remember him rather well from my time with Pokémon Blue Version...

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    I thought he was pretty adorable in terms of being clumsy and nerdy.

Back