• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] For All Have Sinned

Kikpanther

Not a beginner that's for sure
Years
  • Erin Marcello
    ErinMarcelo_zps39dbd9ef.png

... W-What?

No, no, no, this had to be a joke. No one was really going along with this right? Just right off the bat, this whole thing was a clusterf*ck. The woman Eiylathena or whatever her name was had, for all that Erin could tell, no idea what she was talking about. Either they didn't go over the script with her or she was really confident and thought she could wing it (reality: she can't) but she was just all over the place. And not just that, but extremely vague and all over the place. And people were just going along with it too. Here was Erin thinking he could listen to this messed up spiel and drink his coffee peacefully and let everyone call this out for what it was. The shocking thing? They didn't. Went along with it one hundred percent. If this latte wasn't so d*mn good Erin would have spit it out in surprise. If these guys weren't actors he'd be very concerned with their mental state. He had seen some weird things. Like egg-coming-out-of-your-TV weird, but this was ridiculous.

Maybe it was Erin. Maybe this was one strange episode of Punk'd that Emily signed him up for and it was up to him to figure out it was a prank himself. If that was true then this was one bad episode. They were all able to conveniently speak the same language, the organization didn't have a name (Eiylise probably couldn't think of a good name, which made this episode worse), there's a clan name though? (Maybe she thought this up on the spot and couldn't take back the organization thing.), they were fighting Ahlistroms which they (conveniently) couldn't say the names of (or learn apparently), and the Ahlistroms were age-old world corrupting monsters that don't die but the "Kalens" fight them anyways because they're masochists or something and life hangs in the balance. Oh yeah and it was up to him and these actors/really enthusiastic people to help fight the Ahlistroms with their newly discovered magical powers, but by the sounds of it they were probably going to die so.

So.

Yeah. People were going along with this. And hey, maybe he couldn't judge. He did follow a shady email talking about magic and saving the world or something. In his defense, it sounded really cool because in the email it was presented a lot better than it was presented in real life. And also, the email wasn't framed in a training room that gave him abandoned-warehouse-prison vibes.

Erin looked from Elise to the other members in the room. "Okay am I missing something here? I know we just walked through a magical portal or something, but none of this seems a little... I don't know, extremely farfetched to anyone here? Not trying to be the killjoy skeptic, but you guys aren't seriously going along with this right?" Right?

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016

Eileithyia

A simple, "No, questions! We believe you!" wouldhave sufficed, but the hopes of that happening was as low as no one looking at the girl who shrieked, absolutely zero.

She hadn't gotten the chance to look over those that had come through the portal with her mind focused on processing the right words to spit out in the correct order. She paced to avoid their gazes and it worked, until now. She maneuvered herself so she faced the speaker, for her eyes' to meet theirs, and give a nod here or there to confirm she indeed was paying attention. All of their questions were valid even those with skepticism. While some spoke her mind mulled over the questions, turning them over and over again until she could find the right examples or phrases to use. Perhaps, a joke or two would lighten things up.

When a pause in questions revealed itself Eileithyia struck, "Yes, excellent questions all around." She aligned her body more toward the girl with long brown hair and glasses dressed in a snazzy vest, as her questions had received the most vocal attention in terms of what people wanted answered. "Ahlinstrons, or Ahlins, which is totally easier to say and my personal preference, cause their fair share of bad things in the world and…" Eileithyia hesitated before continuing, "yes, don't die…" Of course, never say never was Eileithyia's motto that and it was best to stick to the basics.

"First, I need you to explain to your roles, then you must choose them by creating the rune and committing yourself to not only that role but to us through a sacrificial ritual that requires you to make a promise in blood." Her face stayed neutral, but ultimately failed to not twist with emotion when she started to chuckle at the thought of everyone in robes chanting Latin with daggers in their hands. "Kidding, that whole ritual stuff only was popular in the 600s. Boring stuff really, no one likes it. It's really easy, I'll explain that part it later but simply chose your rule then you bind yourself to it through a rune. We can start training after that."

Next, Eileithyia found herself looking at a guy with short, but not too short, cropped hair and a face that indicated he would be trouble. She remembered his question as it was the only one specifically related to magic, "Ah! Runes are real, but what I meant was runes such as "bravery in battle" or "super strength" do exist but their effects do not. There isn't a working rune for everything. A rune for fireball will actually produce a fireball when activated whereas a rune for courage doesn't add courage except for a placebo effect. You'll learn which do and don't work as you train." She softly smiled, Eileithyia liked people that had actually read and referenced the document that she spent so many late nights on.

Eileithyia landed her eyes on the next person, a gentleman who gave off an air of authority, the way he spoke not about the action but about the effect of everything they would do, it reminded her of her father. "I suppose the questions is, what difference do you want to make? Are you here to help? Do you like the feeling of bringing peace to those that need it? Saving lives that otherwise wouldn't have a chance at salvation? If so, welcome."

The dial on intensity had certainly been cranked as the more questions that were asked the more they delved deeper into serious topics. Addressed next was from a girl with a handful of those questions, "Yes, valid concerns, I suppose I should let on that there has been one permanent death of an Ahlin or at least hasn't appeared for a thousand years." Eileithyia decided to stop there. Not wanting to mention the fact that it could also be a really long regeneration period, but that was almost seven times as long as any other. "The more we capture, or kill, the closer we get to permanent death. Sometimes there's need for new perspective and those in powers don't normally like that, so you gotta do what you gotta do..." Eileithyia didn't notice her tone turn angry and ramble on until it was too late. "I mean, while it has been a battle of attrition, it doesn't have to be. Lately, with more... innovative thinking and experimentation the solution to permanent death is within our grasps."

Eileithyia saved the best question for last, which was also her favorite type of question and came from her favorite type of people, skeptics. This fit into her theory this all came across as a YA book. There was the main character, though in this case that amounted to several, that accepted magic and everything without question. They knew that it existed all along, and it was a quick in for readers to see through their perspective. This guy played the role of the best friend to the main character that didn't believe anything, a way for the reader's to learn more about said world due to all their skepticism and suspicions, until something tragically supernatural happened to them.

"I guess this is the part where I show you something that makes you believe... So, I'll tell you what, you let me know what will make you believe this and I'll make it happen." Eileithyia added in a wink for good measure.

"Right, onto the fun stuff, shall we?" Eileithyia asked and rubbed her hands together before deciding that probably wasn't the coolest thing to do and stopped the motion.

Eileithyia turned back to what she imagined was a military drill sergeant manner, hands clasped behind the back, pacing, and turning sharply on her heels. This time, she threw glances toward the people as she spoke, "Our fighting style has to do with the positions or ranges on the battlefield. The respect you receive from others depends on the respect you give to your role. You have your close range, the Frontliners, the mid-range, Bracers and Pillars, and those that are of a combination, Patchers and Ensnares and Seekers. "

"We'll start off with Frontliners because they're the easiest class to describe," the way the word came out of Eileithyia's mouth made it obvious she held some disdain for Frontliners.

"Frontliners are revered as masters of close combat and their weapons reflect that. Their position requires them to basically be able to feel the breath of an Ahlin, delivering direct blows and are the only ones that can deliver the final blow to an Ahlin if they are not killed themselves. A dispatched team usually consists of two frontliners. If both are killed then an Ahlin cannot be defeated and the team must withdrawal, but if there happens to be an ensnare present capturing is still a playable option. To be blunt, most frontliners die young. I understand that people like to prove their strength and fearlessness but there's no need to prove those qualities with your life.

"Speaking of ensnares, they're are the only ones that can capture an Ahlin. It's their call whether a capturing method is better than a killing one because they have the most to lose if it is. What I mean by that is ensnare magic requires the usage of their life force and utilizing their body to host the Ahlin. Those that aren't strong enough risk corruption from Ahlin and losing their bodies and eventually their lives. Like I said, most to lose. Generally, ensnares lay runic traps all across the battlefield, some to hurt, some to help guide to a better part of the battlefield. Sometimes restriction is the best way of dealing with an unruly Ahlin. Typically, bracers keep an eye-out for ensnares, especially when a capturing takes place.

"Pillars and Bracers are the opposite sides of the same coin. Neither is an easy job, but they make it look as if it is. Bracers defend and support basically anyone and everyone on the battlefield while Pillars attack with and boost anyone and everyone. They have to be conscious and alert to everything that happens. There's really no time for second guessing yourself, as taking a second too long will have deadly consequences. To ease up pressure on pillars and bracers patchers are given the task of leadership.

"Since patchers are the sole healers, but usually don't have to worry about the action right away they usually take command of the battlefield. They are not absolute dictators by any means but more of a supervisor that helps others move around the battlefield easier.

"Lastly, there's seekers and what we do is basically track Ahlin through various... methods. Able to give approximate means and whereabouts to when an Ahlin will show up. Unfortunately, our particular methods take awhile to learn, which is why we start at birth. This means it's not really an option for newcomers.

"On the battlefield, the only hierarchy only comes into effect in the terms of Patchers delegating tasks or letting out warnings. It's truly up to the individual whether they believe its worth following, though it's important to keep in mind they are only looking out for the team's best interest. Most make the mistake of only ever relying on a patcher, someone who cannot simultaneously give orders for five or six people. This is a team and not having cohesiveness team leads to failed missions.

"Okay, so let's make selections and then we can commence training. There's a rune for each position and by placing that rune on you bind yourself to it and then...!" Eileithyia stopped mid-sentence and groaned, realizing her mistake. "Placement of runes, right, you don't know how to do that yet. That's also simple, you have to have the image of the rune in your head and then you place your hand over the section of clothing, jewelry, what have you and focus on that rune. The magic will flow through you and onto the article. Now, runes are not activated right away unless you want them to be but that means requires more magic."

Eileithyia managed to take out five laminated cards, she shuffled through them and switched the order for a few cards before she set each of them on the ground. After she placed them she began to explain, "This one is for Frontliners," she tapped on the first card she set down. It was a triangle made up of three rows of dots. one dot, then two dots, then three dots. "Ensnare," Eileithyia moved on to the next, a (increasing) diagonal line made up of four dots. "Bracer," The image she pointed to was six dots that were in the shape of a circle. "Pillar," there were two vertical lines with a noticeable amount of space in between them, each made up of three dots. "Patcher," the last image was a square made up of three dots in each row. "All primary runes are simplistic, easy for children to learn."

"Feel free to try it, or if you have more..." Eileithyia paused, and then her face brighten so much one could practically see the lightbulb that went off. "No, no, let's do an introduction. When you do your rune you have to say your name, location, and position, oh, and anything else you'd like to add. I'm Eileithyia, I reside here, well, not here here, but also nowhere you've heard of so there's really not a point in saying the name unless I wanted to confuse you but I don't want to confuse you, Seeker."

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    ! ! ! !

Arc: Of Monsters And Men

Chapter One: Walk a little, talk a little...

Chapter Description:

Questions, questions, question, do you get them all answered? Do you want them all answered? Don't worry there's still time for those. Eileityhia has managed to give out a couple, short answers to them. Whether they work or not... is up to you. With the more pressing concerns out of the way it's time to sit stand back and listen to her explain the roles. Smut finer... Snatcher... Dealer... Blair... Meaker. Something like that. Dunno. Too many names not enough magic. When that finishes she decides to go on to explain on to actually do the rune. The wisest place would be on that sweet piece of jewelry you got for free and by sweet place, I mean, that's-the-place-where-you-put-it place. Do that, asks questions, don't ask questions introduce yourself, don't introduce... Pick whatever feels the best.

PCs Effected: All

Notable (N)PCs: You're (still) in luck! There's one and only one.

Eileithyia - A tall, Greek woman with an olive complexion. She seems to be wearing the hastily put together outfit of a black crop-top, a jean skirt, and black boots that reach up to her knees. Her deep brown hair is free... and wild like someone who straightens their curly hair but the second a drop of water gets touches it frizzes.

Goals:
    Things that should be achieved in the your post(s), but don't have to be the only things in your post(s).

1. Listen to Eileithyia
    2. Ask questions
    3. Apply rune/introduce yourself

Years

• Jie Linghu

The questions continued for a few moments until one man, a tall American with dark and curly hair, said, "Okay am I missing something here? I know we just walked through a magical portal or something, but none of this seems a little... I don't know, extremely farfetched to anyone here? Not trying to be the killjoy skeptic, but you guys aren't seriously going along with this right?" He had a fair point, it did all sound a bit absurd to her. But then again, before today she hadn't thought magic possible, and she had no way to explain the things she had seen through science. There were not many reasons for her to believe Eileithyia, but neither did she have any proof that anything she was saying was untrue.

Pushing that thought to the back of her mind, she focused on what the woman was saying now. She was responding to the questions in the order that she had been asked. She answered Jie's own question answering Jie's suspicions. The Ahlinstrons, or the Ahlinsas as Eileithyia was calling them for short, did not die, and they currently had no way to keep them from coming back. The Greek woman made an effort to make it seem like progress was being made, but she knew how that was. She was in school working as a doctor, and you never say that there is not some sort of cure. Always tell the patient that there is a cure, and if there is not, tell them science has one right around the corner.

Eventually all the questions were answered, some being satisfactory answers, others perhaps not quite so much. At this point, if people were not convinced and were having second thoughts about this, like the dark haired American, Jie didn't think they would stay and learn more. At a certain point, you just have to realize that there are things that you don't know, just can't know, and go by faith.

"Right," she said, "onto the fun stuff, shall we?" With that she launched into a brief lecture outlining the various roles on the battlefield that they supposedly were going to have. Frontliners, which Eileithyia seemed to have some sort of prejudice against, were quite aptly named, as they held the front line and got in close with the Ahlins. Jie assumed they would try to get the monsters to focus attention on them rather than their supports. Next came ensnares, who used runes to lay down traps, funneling the Ahlins to the best place to fight, or trying to capture rather than killing them. She didn't really understand the whole capture thing, Eileithyia seemed to imply that the ensnarer would attempt contain them within their own bodies using their own life force. It didn't make much sense, yet. She decided to ask Eileithyia about it later.

Next came two roles that seemed a bit similar, bracers and pillars. Bracers were more of a ranged defense and support type role, making sure everyone stayed safe and providing distractions, and the pillars were more of a ranged attack. Both seemed pretty straight forward. Finally came patchers, the only healing role. Eileithyia said that patchers usually stayed out of combat, but acted as a sort of authority role, taking note of the battlefield and advising comrades. Eileithyia also mentioned seekers, a sort of scout class it seemed, but she dismissed it as an option and did not talk much about it. Apparently it was a difficult job, and seekers had to be trained essentially from birth.

Jie reviewed the information in her mind. Frontliners and Pillars were offensive, Bracers and Ensnarers were defensive and control focused, Patchers were support, healing and tactically focused, and Seekers did...whatever Seekers do. Scouting and information gathering she supposed. She thought briefly about what class she should chose as Eileithyia explained about runes, how to apply them and therefore chose your role on the battlefield. Jie had thought that there might be some sort of trial or test to determine what role each person would be best at, but apparently not. Even if there had been a test, Jie was confident her result would have been the same as her choice. The only thing that made sense to her was Patcher. She knew some basic self defense, but not enough for a Frontliner, she couldn't hit the broadside of a bus with any sort of ranged weapon, and something just felt off about the Ensnarer. Her experience and knowledge in the medical field would definitely help, she was confident of that. On top of that, knowledge was power when it came to life or death situations.

After her explanation was finished, Eileithyia said, "No, no, let's do an introduction. When you do your rune you have to say your name, location, and position, oh, and anything else you'd like to add. I'm Eileithyia, I reside here, well, not here here, but also nowhere you've heard of so there's really not a point in saying the name unless I wanted to confuse you but I don't want to confuse you, Seeker."

After her rambling, further supporting Jie's suspicion that this was not normal for Eileithyia, the group was silent for a moment. Looking around at the others, Jie saw hesitant faces. Some looked deep in thought, like they were trying to make sure they made the right choice. Others looked unsure, as if they were not even sure if they should make a choice, considering walking right back through the portal and back to whatever life they came from. Jie wouldn't blame them if they did, they were essentially throwing their life away as it was.

Seeing nobody step up to choose, Jie stepped forward, trying to appear confident. Staring down at the rune for Patcher, a square made up of nine dots, three in each row and column, she placed her left hand over her white bracelet and closed her eyes, visualizing the rune. For a moment, there was nothing, then she felt a slight pull, not anything physical but as if part of her mind was being pulled out of the rest. She opened her eyes to see a brief glow of light, then lowered her left hand to see the bracelet with nine black dots arranged in a square on the gem.

She smiled, slightly proud at apparently her first use of magic. Turning to the rest of the group, she said, "I'm Jie Linghu, from Hong Kong, China. I was studying to be a doctor before…" she hesitated for a moment, "...all this. So, guess I'm a Patcher." She bowed slightly, out of habit more than anything else.​

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023

@Ozymandias

She shuffled awkwardly at Ailethya's response to her. Luckily though, she and those who noticed only glanced at her for a moment before becoming distracted with the situation on-hand. Unluckily, one person hadn't. She flushed as that... rather pretty-looking smiled at her and pointed. This was the first person to stand out to her, and one she would keep in mind.

@SV

Directing her attention away from her own awkwardness, she observed the others and their responses quietly. The one that caught her rapt interest was the man in the suit. Well-dressed... now that was a suave-looking man right there. And she was surprised at herself that she hadn't thought of this before. Making a difference was what this girl cared about above all. She really wanted to know if it would, and stared at Ailethya (she just mentally called her "Aile Woman" for short) nearly bouncing on the balls of her feet. Everything else kind of washed away after that point, irrelevant to her existence.

@Retrobug

The questions were answered. Satisfactorily in the case of when they'd be starting. And also satisfactorily in providing an easier way to pronounce the name of these things. ("Ahlins," much less straining on her mouth) So it was now. She wasn't quite satisfied with Aile's response to the question of how they would make a difference though. Or to her psyching out that they would need to make a promise in blood. It caused her heart to race a little before she realized it was a joke. That wasn't very funny in a situation where everyone was kind of unsure and there was a skeptic aboard. The more Aile Woman spoke, the more the skeptic within her twinged slightly. She didn't seem very professional, unlike that guy in the suit, did she...?

But at this point, the young woman felt too pressured to make a decision. She didn't want to walk out in the midst of this. That would be rude. So instead, she turned her mind away from such doubts, and started thinking about that. Frontliners sounded too messy, the thought of having the responsibility of capturing these Ahlins felt like too much responsibility, and Pillars and Bracers sounded quite stressful. No time to be second guessing yourself? That wasn't something she could get behind. There was one decision that made sense and one that would give her the most tangible impression of making a difference.

The woman before her had also made that same decision, and this made her feel emboldened. Or as much as she could be. But she was curious about those cards. They looked so smooth to touch and she wanted to see something happen.

Without a word, she walked up to the cards and picked up the appropriate one. The young lady ran her fingers over the surface, feeling the small bumps of the ink where the rune had printed. Just as she had imagined. She gazed at it intently, trying to keep her eyes from fervently darting to the audience before her. Keeping the simple image of the dotted square within her mind, she touched her hand to her necklace, feeling silly and kind of tingly. For several moments, she stroked the card in her hands, waiting for something to happen as she forced her mind to concentrate on that blasted square. Then suddenly, a flash of light emanated from the necklace, and the symbol appeared upon its large crimson gem.

"I am... Audrey. Uh. Patcher," She motioned to the symbol on her necklace. "I come from the United States. I want to help. Not a doctor or anything, but this is magic stuff, so I think I can do it okay,"

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years

• tumblr_inline_n7wid4aNA41sd3x8o.jpg

Ah, so the placebo effect is only for quality-runes. I could still make fireballs, right? Greek continued to ramble on, answering the questions posed by the other people in the room. Jaromir would have time in the long run to know them all. For now, he only needs to watch. After answering all their questions, which, to Jaromir's opinion, she did better than explaining it all, Greek went to describe positions.

Jaromir's interest peaked when Greek was explaining frontliners. Being in the middle of a big fight is what defines Jaromir. Heck, his whole life is one big fight. The only thing holding him back from calling dibs on a frontliner position is the chance of an early death. No one is stupid enough to choose that. Jaromir knew he should be in the middle of the fight, but he needs to stay alive to actually fight.

He found his position in the bracer. He can still be in the heat of the fight but with the added defensive bonus. There will be runes for that, Jaromir assured himself. Protecting anybody on the battlefield is not really Jaromir's cup of tea but if he can protect himself, he's not that greedy to extend that protection to others. He knew where he'll go. Greek continued to explain the more boring positions but Jaromir already had his eyes set on being a bracer.

Greek then went on instructions on how to choose the rune and proceeded to show them to the gathered people. The Bracer rune is a circular card, very much like the shield everyone expected Bracers to be.

"I'm Eileithyia, I reside here, well, not here here, but also nowhere you've heard of so there's really not a point in saying the name unless I wanted to confuse you but I don't want to confuse you, Seekerm" Greek said. He waited for a moment to see if something would happen but, seeing nothing did he assumed it was safe for him to approach the table. He wouldn't want others to get the position he wanted. However, two girls approached the table before he did and Jaromir's heart skipped a beat. He was grateful they both chose to be Patchers, the healers and probably the tactician of the groups. He approached the table next.

Jaromir grabbed the bracer rune and examined it. It was a simple card with the circular design. Greek did mention that he need to focus on an article. What better article than the ring that brought him here? He got the ring from his pocket and placed it on his middle finger. It fit quite nicely. He held his hand over the ring and imagine the dots of the card flowing from the paper, to his skin, then to the ring itself. When he opened his hands, there was the bracer pattern on the ring itself. The diamond was pristine as ever. "Jaromir Lachkov of the Great Lachkov clan from St. Petersburg Russia. Bracer."
    For All Have Sinned​

Back