• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Official Hack Checking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Road

beyond salvation
Years
Well, its starting to look like my heavy ball beldum is illegal then.
Thanks for taking the time to double check the math.
There's no need to actually field test it unless you really want to, you don't have to do it just for me.
Which is SUPER LAME cuz I like that combo. >> Sure! I was curious about it since the dude ran a program for it, I thought I might uncover something else by hand but to no avail. Eh, I might try it out just out of curiosity, and since I've got Powersaves I don't have to worry about the balls. I'll look into it when I have time and report back if anything comes up.

Years
Type: Null can be shiny.

There was a shiny Arceus event. Check if the Arceus has the correct ribbon, OT, TID, etc.

CRfkhG8.png

Hello just curious, I have the same Arceus with same ID and OT but no Ribbons. So it's not legit then?

Spyro

[title=Free 6iv Dittos!][url=https://www.reddit.co
Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2018
Hello!
I got a few Pokémon from a sketchy trader and I know some were obvious hacks. I need a bit of help with those I can't decide if they're hacks or not. All of these Pokémon are Shiny.

Ho-Oh | Dream Ball | Regenerator | Unova
Lv. 100 | Pokérus active | Adamant
6IV | Brave Bird, Sacred Fire, Recover, Thunder Wave
OT Kami Sama | ID 30278
I know Ho-Oh can be caught in a Dream Ball via Dream Radar but the Shiny + 6IV seem overkill to me.

Alolan-Muk | Safari Ball | Gluttony | Alola
Lv. 100 | Pokérus active | Adamant| Male
5IV, Sp Atk is at 0 | Imprison, Protect, Poison Jab, Knock Off
OT D-Pad Doc | ID 167209

Sceptile | Pokéball | Overgrow | Kalos
Lv. 100 | Timid | Male | Kalos Champion Ribbon
HP, Defense, Sp. Def are 31, the rest is 30 | Leaf Storm, Leaf Blade, Synthesis, Slam
OT Jordan | ID 54557

Gourgeist | Pokéball | Insomnia | Kalos
Lv. 1 | Impish | Female
6IV | Bestow, Destiny Bond, Disable, Confuse Ray
OT FireFlarepix | ID 30405
I think it's the super-sized one, but I'm not sure

Rapidash | Pokéball | Flash Fire | Kalos
Lv. 100 | Jolly | Male
6IV | Flare Blitz, Wild Charge, Will-O-Wisp, Morning Sun
OT Penzera | ID 27622

I have quite a few more but I'll start with those.

Years
Hello!
I got a few Pokémon from a sketchy trader and I know some were obvious hacks. I need a bit of help with those I can't decide if they're hacks or not. All of these Pokémon are Shiny.

OT Kami Sama | ID 30278
I know Ho-Oh can be caught in a Dream Ball via Dream Radar but the Shiny + 6IV seem overkill to me.

The Ho-Oh seems too good to be true. How convenient is it that it has max IVs, Shiny, and the perfect nature? It's also using a smogon set, so I think it was hacked for competitive use. Are its moves PP maxed?

Spyro

Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2018
The Ho-Oh seems too good to be true. How convenient is it that it has max IVs, Shiny, and the perfect nature? It's also using a smogon set, so I think it was hacked for competitive use. Are its moves PP maxed?
They are :/ Safe to say it's hacked then. I'm not even sure if you can RNG abuse or SR Dream Radar. Rip Ho-Oh.
Thanks! I didn't think about PP

Spyro

Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2018
Hmm...then that's all I can say. I can't tell anything wrong with the rest. Is there any more info on them or the trader?

I don't have anything else, but the trader was sketchy and full of hacked Pokémon (AusLove Pokémon, Pokémon with 00000 as ID, Pokémon that the game itself prevented from trading, etc)
That's why I'm posting, those are the one I can't identify myself. I also got 2 Pokémon with the same OT but different ID. I hate those.

Years
Hello!

OT Kami Sama | ID 30278

OT D-Pad Doc | ID 167209

HP, Defense, Sp. Def are 31, the rest is 30 | Leaf Storm, Leaf Blade, Synthesis, Slam
OT Jordan | ID 54557

Lv. 1 | Impish | Female

Lv. 100 | Jolly | Male
OT Penzera | ID 27622

i'm sure the dream ball shiny Ho-oh is obviously hack since there is no way you can get shiny legendary or even common pokemon in dream radar. about the others, do you have any information where the pokemon were met? i mean what town it hatches (as egg) or it was encountered. the sceptile has HP fire, perfect combination for HP fire. to have perfect HP fire IV spread and shiny is awesome. but if it is not from breeding (from littleroot town) then it is modified. you can bring them (the Kalos ones) to memory girl though.

Spyro

Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2018
i'm sure the dream ball shiny Ho-oh is obviously hack since there is no way you can get shiny legendary or even common pokemon in dream radar. about the others, do you have any information where the pokemon were met? i mean what town it hatches (as egg) or it was encountered. the sceptile has HP fire, perfect combination for HP fire. to have perfect HP fire IV spread and shiny is awesome. but if it is not from breeding (from littleroot town) then it is modified. you can bring them (the Kalos ones) to memory girl though.

Ok, for the Ho-Oh, that's good to know. I'll release it immediately.
I didn't think about the memory girl! Where is she in Alola? I'm going to check those Pokémon with the girl to see if I can find anything sketchy!

Years
Ok, for the Ho-Oh, that's good to know. I'll release it immediately.
I didn't think about the memory girl! Where is she in Alola? I'm going to check those Pokémon with the girl to see if I can find anything sketchy!
it's on Kalos, actually. if only you can move them to gen 6, you'll be able to know where the kalos born shiny was found.

Spyro

Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2018
it's on Kalos, actually. if only you can move them to gen 6, you'll be able to know where the kalos born shiny was found.

You can't move Pokémon in Gen 7 back to Gen 6. So yeah, impossible to get more info if there's no Memory Girl in Alola

Road

beyond salvation
Years
Hello!

OT Kami Sama | ID 30278

OT D-Pad Doc | ID 167209

OT Jordan | ID 54557

Lv. 1 | Impish | Female

Lv. 100 | Jolly | Male
OT Penzera | ID 27622

Was gonna say the thing about Dream World Shinies but Sater beat me to it haha.

On Muk, I actually decided to Google the dude and I found him on Tumblr. He's a GTS/WonderTrade person. Here is the post where he shows his Muk along with others. Unfortunately, as stated on his page about hacks, he admits they are all hacks. Need to get this guy's OT/ID on the Hack Report List.

Sceptile I'm not sure. Shiny and HP Fire is sketch, but not impossible. I'd set it to the side to be safe.

Gourgeist I also Googled the OT and apparently the dude is a Twitch streamer and is across, like, all of social media but isn't super popular. He did some videos on his YouTube about MMing and I haven't found evidence of foul play otherwise, so I'm gonna say it's probably okay. Might follow him, find when he's streaming and straight up ask for the sake of the trading community.

Rapidash I ALSO Googled and got a bunch of posts across the GameFAQs Pokemon trading sections. The user had the same OT and had a Ponyta in his list of Shinies. I'm guessing it got traded around and someone trained it. The guy isn't banned and its not impossible to have (and his list of Shinies was only a handful of them), so I'll say it's okay.

Hope that helps! c:

Spyro

Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2018
Was gonna say the thing about Dream World Shinies but Sater beat me to it haha.

On Muk, I actually decided to Google the dude and I found him on Tumblr. He's a GTS/WonderTrade person. Here is the post where he shows his Muk along with others. Unfortunately, as stated on his page about hacks, he admits they are all hacks. Need to get this guy's OT/ID on the Hack Report List.

Sceptile I'm not sure. Shiny and HP Fire is sketch, but not impossible. I'd set it to the side to be safe.

Gourgeist I also Googled the OT and apparently the dude is a Twitch streamer and is across, like, all of social media but isn't super popular. He did some videos on his YouTube about MMing and I haven't found evidence of foul play otherwise, so I'm gonna say it's probably okay. Might follow him, find when he's streaming and straight up ask for the sake of the trading community.

Rapidash I ALSO Googled and got a bunch of posts across the GameFAQs Pokemon trading sections. The user had the same OT and had a Ponyta in his list of Shinies. I'm guessing it got traded around and someone trained it. The guy isn't banned and its not impossible to have (and his list of Shinies was only a handful of them), so I'll say it's okay.

Hope that helps! c:

Awesome! Thanks, my dear partner :D
For the Gourgeist however, I'm not sure if the HA is possible with it's size? It's the super-size one I think, and I recall seeing they can't be found in the Friend Safari, hence them having their HA is illegal :/

Road

beyond salvation
Years
Awesome! Thanks, my dear partner :D
For the Gourgeist however, I'm not sure if the HA is possible with it's size? It's the super-size one I think, and I recall seeing they can't be found in the Friend Safari, hence them having their HA is illegal :/
Always happy to help. ;3

Oh yeah, I forgot about that part. If yer sure it's that size then yeah, doesn't seem right.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
as long as it has pentagon mark, you can move them back to gen 6. CMIIW

This is true if the gen6 pokemon is still in pokebank. However, once a gen6 pokemon is transferred to a gen7 game, you cannot transfer them back to gen6 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back