• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Official Hack Checking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToWriteLove

On Her Arms
Years
Would someone mind doing a couple of hack checks for me? I can post all the info once I get home, but is there a way to make sure it isn't hacked minus just looking at it? Like some kind of coding or something?

Road

beyond salvation
Years
Would someone mind doing a couple of hack checks for me? I can post all the info once I get home, but is there a way to make sure it isn't hacked minus just looking at it? Like some kind of coding or something?
I'm sure there's a way to pull off the .pkm file from the game and analyze the data to see if it was written by the game or by an outside program and put in the game (or altered in some way), but it's likely a hassle and not worth it. Just looking at it's info gives you a great deal of info on its legitimacy. There's a few extra things you can do (ie. checking to see if the OT/ID is a known hacker, making sure Egg Moves are legit via Move Rememberer, maybe checking to make sure ID and SID match for Shinyness if that's still a thing) if you wantto be EXTRA thorough, but actually ripping the file out of the game is a stretch. Also, looking at it is basically all you need when it comes to Event Pokemon; people who hack events tend to be sloppy (dates are wrong/match Powersave dates, locked nature is different, ribbons are missing, etc), and often the same ones get passed around so other people tend to know which ones are legit and which ones are hacks.

tl;dr If it looks fine, it's fine enough. Also we would all be happy to check it for you~ (Posting pictures of its summary also works, if you don't want to type stuff out.)

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 5, 2020
Darkrai
Shiny: Yes
Ability: Bad Dreams
HP: 282
A: 166
D: 216
Sp: 383
SA: 369
SD: 216
Game Caught: Daimond/Pearl/Platinum
Region: Sinnoh
ID: 05318
OT: ALAMOS
Nature: Timid

Spyro

[title=Free 6iv Dittos!][url=https://www.reddit.co
Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2018
Darkrai
Shiny: Yes
Ability: Bad Dreams
HP: 282
A: 166
D: 216
Sp: 383
SA: 369
SD: 216
Game Caught: Daimond/Pearl/Platinum
Region: Sinnoh
ID: 05318
OT: ALAMOS
Hello! Is it Lv. 100? Can you list out Ribbons? Has it been EV Trained? :)

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 5, 2020
Hello! Is it Lv. 100? Can you list out Ribbons? Has it been EV Trained? :)
PokeBall: Cherish Ball
Level: 100

Ribbons:
Alola Champion Ribbon
Battle Royale Master Ribbon
Battle Tree Great Ribbon
Battle Tree Master Ribbon
Hoeen Champion Ribbon
Kalos Champion Ribbon
Sinnoh Champion Ribbon
Contest Star Ribbon
Coolness Master Ribbon
Cutness Master Ribbon
Beauty Master Ribbon
Cleverness Master Ribbon
Toughness Master Ribbon
Best Friends Ribbon
Training Ribbon
Skillful Battler Ribbon
Expert Battler Ribbon
Effort Ribbon
Alert Ribbon
Shock Ribbon
Downcast Ribbon
Carless Ribbon
Relax Ribbon
Snooze Ribbon
Smile Ribbon
Gorgeous Ribbon
Royal Ribbon
Gorgeous Royal Ribbon
Footprint Ribbon
Legend Ribbon
Classic Ribbon
Contest Memory Ribbon
Battle Memory Ribbon

It was EV trained in Special Attack and Speed

Years

Ribbons:
Alola Champion Ribbon
Battle Royale Master Ribbon
Battle Tree Great Ribbon
Battle Tree Master Ribbon
Hoeen Champion Ribbon
Kalos Champion Ribbon
Sinnoh Champion Ribbon
Contest Star Ribbon
Coolness Master Ribbon
Cutness Master Ribbon
Beauty Master Ribbon
Cleverness Master Ribbon
Toughness Master Ribbon
Best Friends Ribbon
Training Ribbon
Skillful Battler Ribbon
Expert Battler Ribbon
Effort Ribbon
Alert Ribbon
Shock Ribbon
Downcast Ribbon
Carless Ribbon
Relax Ribbon
Snooze Ribbon
Smile Ribbon
Gorgeous Ribbon
Royal Ribbon
Gorgeous Royal Ribbon
Footprint Ribbon
Legend Ribbon
Classic Ribbon
Contest Memory Ribbon
Battle Memory Ribbon

When those memory ribbons are given, the older generation ribbons disappear. Correct if I'm wrong, but I think that Darkrai is hacked.

Spyro

Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2018

Ribbons:
Spoiler:

When those memory ribbons are given, the older generation ribbons disappear. Correct if I'm wrong, but I think that Darkrai is hacked.

Also IVs are 31/0/31/31/31/31. Definitely a hack :(

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 5, 2020
Zoroark
LVL: 100
OT: Harvey
ID: 42461
Pokeball: Duskball
Ability: Illusion
HP: 262
A: 221
D: 156
Sp: 339
SA: 339
SD: 156
EV trained: Special Attack and Speed

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
it says a fateful encounter in the hoenn region, so I'm assuming she was bred or caught in ORAS

I would say legit since it's possible to catch a female Zorua in a dusk ball and breed for a 6IV. A shiny is also possible through TSV method. But not 100% without looking at the data.

Its impossible if she was caught like that though and not bred, since 6IV is rare in the wild and RNG was not really doable in gen 6.

(sorry for all the notifs) Maybe try searching for the TID on the internet and seeing if it's from a TSV community or known hacker.

Last edited:

Spyro

Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2018
it says a fateful encounter in the hoenn region, so I'm assuming she was bred or caught in ORAS

I would say legit since it's possible to catch a female Zorua in a dusk ball and breed for a 6IV. A shiny is also possible through TSV method. But not 100% without looking at the data.

Its impossible if she was caught like that though and not bred, since 6IV is rare in the wild and RNG was not really doable in gen 6.

(sorry for all the notifs) Maybe try searching for the TID on the internet and seeing if it's from a TSV community or known hacker.

The fateful encounter tag is a problem however:
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Fateful_encounter
A fateful encounter (Japanese: 運命的な出会い fateful encounter) is a flag attached to certain event Pokémon and some wild Mythical Pokémon that indicates they were met in a special manner.

If she has that flag, she's hacked.

Spyro

Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2018
I was thinking maybe that was a problem, sorry for giving wrong information! Haven't touched Pokemon in a few weeks so I'm a bit rusty haha

Don't worry about it, any help when trying to figure out if a Pokémon is hacked is appreciated! :)
It does sound legit if you overlook this little information ^-^;

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 5, 2020

Don't worry about it, any help when trying to figure out if a Pokémon is hacked is appreciated! :)
It does sound legit if you overlook this little information ^-^;

sorry, I was looking at my darkrai when I said the fateful encounter thing

ZOROARK says "seems to have traveled across both space and time to reach you from the Hoenn region"

Sorry about the mix up!

I was thinking maybe that was a problem, sorry for giving wrong information! Haven't touched Pokemon in a few weeks so I'm a bit rusty haha

it was a mix up I was looking at the wrong pokemon when I was checking its thing

it actually said it crossed space and time to come from the hoenn region

I was looking a the shiny darkrai when I wrote fateful encounter >.<

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back