• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spriters Showcase Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PBFHDude

Fire Type Trainer
Years
  • Spriters Showcase Thread

Prevo of Ponyta. I called it Foaly.

Vednix

:D
    Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2010
    well i want to show my fakemon to the public so i can improve but i only have 1 lol so here it is please rate and critisize so i can improve: https://i887.photobucket.com/albums/ac78/kian12652/lasttryatfakemon-4.png

i cant post it as a direct pic because its huge so please dont complain

thanks

~kian

you can jusy as easily move them into the top left of a paint document, then resize the canvas down, re-save with a different name and a PNG, then use a direct picture. I can crit on it now though. there's not shading, and it's all black outlines. however, it has a good anatomy and awesome for a start

~Kian~

Spriter In The Making
    Years
  • sorry i know im not supposed to have black lines i just had really dark brown :/ now its to dark but o well still learning

thanks

~kian

Vednix

:D
    Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2010
    Here's a few trainers i combine using other trainers. Yes, i copped out of scratching them >.<'

Spriters Showcase Thread

A Team Galactic Expert Catcher. She catches most of the rare Pokemon.

Spriters Showcase Thread

A Psychic Necromancer. Trained in the art of bringing back the dead.

Spriters Showcase Thread

The main character for something I'm doing.

Years
  • hi people Im currently making some hg/ss sprites ripped from photos should I open a thread for other people to post there too?
    I personally never saw the appeal of photo rips, as they're dull and uninteresting. I mean, I'd rather see something original than poorly cut-out and re-shaded sprites that will probably be available on a sprite resource within a couple of months.

@PBFHDude:
    Spoiler:

@Froslass_Maniac: Uh... first, may I ask why this isn't in the fusions thread? That dress seems familiar, so I don't think you scratched it... how much did you make from scratch?

Anyway, while I'm here, I thought I'd see if you could help with this:
    Spriters Showcase Thread

It's supposed to be a cliff on an island. It's the final panel of the first chapter of the sprite comic I'm working on, and the main character is standing near the edge. Okay, so, I'm not sure how to make this look more like a cliff. The bottom edge is bugging me, I think I need to do something different near the water. Should it be more rocky? Should it come in more? I'm kinda stuck. I'm considering cutting it off and just using the part with the pathway, but I thought I'd see if anyone else has any ideas before I resort to doing that.

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2010
    Uh, Kenji, your cliff needs alot more doing to it.
    firstly, i'd recommend dropping the paint default colours.
    It's actually really hard to tell what angle you want this to be from. X____x' so its hard to give advice.
    I'm goign to just assume theres a 3/4 angle view thing going on and try my best....
    The firts thing i do wouldbe to drop the horison... then i would change the path to be thinner, but cutting off down below the bottom. Then iw oudl turn some of that excess green into a lower yellowy/brown tone to depict the underside of the cliff. and i woudl put a LOT of detail into this.

If you don' get what i meani'll be happy to redline to a certain degree, ultimatly, if you're having so much trouble find a photo of something similar and do a pixel over. It takes time but its effective. i did somehting like that once a few years back... i don;t have it anymore but i think this might help you perhaps:
    the level of detail shodul be somethign akin to this, if only the water was finished, but focusing on the land and sky and far-out sea.
    Spriters Showcase Thread

yeah, if you have troble finding colours, you can use those ones.^ or.... rip them from Pokemon sprites ot the sprites you;re using anyway.
    good luck.

DarkPegasus

~ Stargazer ~
    Years
  • Hello : )

I sure hope I am not breaking any rules by doing this ^^

I need a bit of help...
    I am making a game, and here is the title screen (just the final background):

Spriters Showcase Thread

It's pretty much finished, but I would like to add an animated cape for the Character (3-4 frames), but, obviously I am not the greatest spriter in the world. Also, if you want to improve the character itself, please feel free to.

So, would anybody be kind enough to do it for me? (it would be awesome if you could fit it in the building, aka wiggling to the right, if that is the word, but any direction is fine really)

So, here is only the character:
    Spriters Showcase Thread

And here is a pic on which it was based (just with a superhero attitude), the doll was made by my friend:

Spoiler:

Thank you for your help.

Atomic Reactor

@Kenji: I can't really tell what angle your going for...
    Is it like a side view? Or a somewhat angled overworld view?
    If it's an angled view, try doing something along the lines of this.
    Spriters Showcase Thread

I added some cliff side, which i think really helps with the look. It may also help if you add stuff in the sky to give the picture more of a feel of where it is. Idk if that makes any sense lol.

Years
  • @Kenji: I can't really tell what angle your going for...
    Is it like a side view? Or a somewhat angled overworld view?
    If it's an angled view, try doing something along the lines of this.
    Spriters Showcase Thread

I added some cliff side, which i think really helps with the look. It may also help if you add stuff in the sky to give the picture more of a feel of where it is. Idk if that makes any sense lol.

AHH, thank you. That's more what I was picturing in my head.

Uh, Kenji, your cliff needs alot more doing to it.
    firstly, i'd recommend dropping the paint default colours.
    It's actually really hard to tell what angle you want this to be from. X____x' so its hard to give advice.
    I'm goign to just assume theres a 3/4 angle view thing going on and try my best....
    The firts thing i do wouldbe to drop the horison... then i would change the path to be thinner, but cutting off down below the bottom. Then iw oudl turn some of that excess green into a lower yellowy/brown tone to depict the underside of the cliff. and i woudl put a LOT of detail into this.
    Uh... you do realize that this is a 30 second sketch, not anywhere near the final version, right? I needed to get the cliff shape right before I did details or anything. I'm not an idiot, I'm not going use default paint colors and make no attempt at shading. XD

Anyway, thanks you two. XD I'll be back later maybe.

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
    Years
  • Hello : )

I sure hope I am not breaking any rules by doing this ^^

I need a bit of help...
    I am making a game, and here is the title screen (just the final background):

Spriters Showcase Thread

It's pretty much finished, but I would like to add an animated cape for the Character (3-4 frames), but, obviously I am not the greatest spriter in the world. Also, if you want to improve the character itself, please feel free to.

So, would anybody be kind enough to do it for me? (it would be awesome if you could fit it in the building, aka wiggling to the right, if that is the word, but any direction is fine really)

So, here is only the character:
    Spriters Showcase Thread

And here is a pic on which it was based (just with a superhero attitude), the doll was made by my friend:

Spoiler:

Thank you for your help.

Uh, why did you replace the superhero lime and Limewire logo in the sky of the Limewire loading screen?
    Nevermind. I don't sprite well and I don't do gifs, but the sprite of the doll looks good.
    My post is probably considered spam lol. :P

DarkPegasus

~ Stargazer ~
    Years
  • It is actually just very similar, I did use it as inspiration. But, as you can see I didn't use brushes/vectors to make it, just plain old paint.
    Anyhow, the intro as a whole has it's own animation (a fairly simple one) and I would like to add the cape also.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back