• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spriters Showcase Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Smash

Lv.86 Pixel Artist
    Years
    Random sprite of the day, Im letting this one slip.

Spriters Showcase Thread

(NOT pokemon style, of course)

And the process:
    Spoiler:

Atomic Reactor

-Smash: The only thing i couls suggest is maybe add one more shade of green to it, a lighter shade... But that's about it, other than that, it looks great.

-Smash

Lv.86 Pixel Artist
    Years
    Heh, Atomic, you're the 3rd person who has suggested me to add an extra shade.
    So I update:

Spriters Showcase Thread

Now, if I could get the - out of my username.. Makes me feel like minus, or undead.. xD Using the custom title slot to correct it would be a waste too.
    Who else calls himself Smash around here, I wonder.

Last edited:

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
    Years
    This is the 3rd time Ive been told now. Update:

Spriters Showcase Thread

Now, if I could get the - out of my username.. Using the custom title slot to correct it would be a waste too.
    Who else calls himself Smash around here, I wonder.

That sprite looks pretty good.
    I never was bothered with the colors...
    And if you wanna get your name changed... you have a few months to wait, lol.

Vednix

:D
    Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2010
    I was bored, so I styled a nice little pokeball that can be used for RPG maker XP (same dimensions as an icon for an item). C+C?

Spriters Showcase Thread

its not got any white, so when it is put in RPG maker XP and you are asked for a transperent colour, it doesnt make the bottom fo the pokeball transparent.

Do no steal. :P

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    Or, you could add some white and make the background teal or something. I do that all the time.

Years
    Okay, been away quite awhile, wanted to show something new.
    I haven't yet decided on it's type nor his name, so I have no idea yet how it will look when it's finished...
    2 different colours!
    Spriters Showcase Thread Spriters Showcase Thread

If you guys have any idea's on the type for this guy feel free to post them.
    Contructive Critism is appreciated!

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
    Years
    Okay, been away quite awhile, wanted to show something new.
    I haven't yet decided on it's type nor his name, so I have no idea yet how it will look when it's finished...
    2 different colours!
    Spriters Showcase Thread Spriters Showcase Thread

If you guys have any idea's on the type for this guy feel free to post them.
    Contructive Critism is appreciated!

It could just be one of those pokemon that you could have around, and you can find both, one grass, one ground... just a suggestion.
    But enought about ideas for games...

Not bad, not bad at all, thought it is a little difficult to tell where your light source is, and unless the front limbs are supposed to look posted on, I suggest you fix that up a bit.
    But I like it, looks good.

SuicuneZ

NoOB Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Aug 1, 2009
    My Artwork

Hello Pokecommunity, I'm new here but have two fake Pokemon and a banner (which I know should go into the graphics sections but. . .) lol. I'm hoping to have more coming soon but for now I have two LIGHT type / FLYING type Pokemon I created named.

Pixibow and Furiboh respectively.

Spriters Showcase Thread
    Spriters Showcase Thread

and then this banner from my TRPG website.

Spriters Showcase Thread

Matteron (96)

Can't Read Lookin Ass
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2024
    Well...You used too much black outline on your Furiboh, and there's something on your wings I don't like...anyhow I like your banner nice effects.

Years
    Thanks for your comment, your right I also find the front legs a little copy/pasted looking, but it's 100% scratch sprite though.
    About the colour source, having problems finding out how to chance this shading to make it look better.
    I'll be showing the sprite sooner or later, when it's finished I quess.
    I'm going to make it a Dark/Poison Type, Komodo Dragon Related ;p

I'm going to show an older sprite now, it's simple but I really like it for some reason, and It hasn't been rated much so.

Spriters Showcase Thread

Kinda reminded me of duncesparce, It's type is Normal.

Some COnstructive Critism is appreciated hehe!

Years
    SuicuneZ: ...Well! From what I can tell of your fakemon, you're a pretty good spriter! I've never really seen anyone implement rainbow colors in a sprite quite so effectively. And, for a head with feet and wings, they both have fairly good designs (although I'd recommend you change the rainbow pattern on Furiboh from its preevolution. Just a stylistic choice. ;D)

The banner looks nice too (although there is a separate section for that) and i c what u did there with dat link. The RPG is cool but doesn't strike me as particularly innovative; it's too... linear. I like open-ended RPGs with multiple start points, but that's just me.

Last edited:
    Years
    Spriters Showcase Thread
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Name: Akutou
    Type: Dark / Psychic
    Based on: A Wild Dog
    Name Origin: Ruffain in Japanese.
    Rarity: Very Rare
    Pokédex Entry: This Pokémon silently stalks it's prey, observing it's every move. The black patches throughout it's body can emit moderately weak psychic energy, used to weaken it's foe.
    Comments: The purple is original, and the blue is the shiny. The combo of silence, speed and the general attitude of it gives it it's Dark type. Obviously, the ability to emit psychic energy gives it it's Psychic type. Yes, it's an imbalanced (or should that be unbalanced) combonation of types. It has no evolutions of prevolutions.

Last edited:

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
    Years
    Haha I made a video, finishing up my Lizard sprite!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEvWF94JHKQ

Leave a comment and rate!

Sprite: Spriters Showcase Thread
    Type: Dark/Poison.

EDIT: Remaking Sprite Chaomega, Pokemon Ruby Destiny: Rescua Rangers.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtLEpQEBOSs
    Part 1

i'm not a fan on the spot patterns on his face and chest... they look unatural...

i like the blue, but the purple doesn't really go nice with it.

Still, the pose, anatomy and all is nice.

one little thing that bugs me is the outlining of the shoulder: the blue just doesnt make sense there... it would be shaddowed by the head, and not to mention, his whole back, or at least a bit of it would be that tone too...

Hope it helps ^_^

Keep Spriting!

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    Spriters Showcase Thread

In one of the older Pokémon spin-offs, I believe it was the second Pokémon Trading Card Game one, there were a variety of head-shots implemented for each Trainer. I went through them and realized the spriting possibilities; therefore, I started making a type of Trainer sprite based off of these things. This is the first one I did.

Years
    Spriters Showcase Thread
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Name: Akutou
    Type: Dark / Psychic
    Based on: A Wild Dog
    Name Origin: Ruffain in Japanese.
    Rarity: Very Rare
    Pokédex Entry: This Pokémon silently stalks it's prey, observing it's every move. The black patches throughout it's body can emit moderately weak psychic energy, used to weaken it's foe.
    Comments: The purple is original, and the blue is the shiny. The combo of silence, speed and the general attitude of it gives it it's Dark type. Obviously, the ability to emit psychic energy gives it it's Psychic type. Yes, it's an imbalanced (or should that be unbalanced) combonation of types. It has no evolutions of prevolutions.

Reposting this. Could someone please rate it? I need to know if my scratching is getting better or worse. Thanks

Haz

Haz ya seen my hack?
    Years
    You're definitely getting better Ice! The only problem I can see is the head. It doesn't look attached properly. Just my opinion.

Now here's my sprites. They're symbols for a fan-made game I'm making.

They suck, I know :P

Spriters Showcase Thread

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back