• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Have you explored Kanto yet in VCGS?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Have you explored Kanto yet in the Virtual Console version of Gold and Silver or are you mostly skipping it now that Crystal is out?

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I've actually been taking it really slowly through Gold, and I'm still not quite at Kanto yet. I just got my eighth badge, so I'll procrastinate for a little while longer, then make my way to the Elite Four and then to the rest of Kanto. (I'm playing before I go to sleep, and I'm at around 43-44 hours of sometimes awake, sometimes less awake play.) I fully plan on reaching Kanto, though, on all of my VC games. (So far, I've barely started Crystal, but I plan on diving into it more once I've had a bit more of my fill of Gold. I may try some sort of challenge on Crystal, but I'm currently undecided.)

Guest123_x1

I first made it to Kanto probably a couple of weeks ago on Silver, and in about a couple of days, got all but the EarthBadge. I know, people say how lackluster Kanto is in Generation II, but it's more fun and exciting to me going through a second region than Generation I, where the only post-game extra was exploring Cerulean Cave and capturing Mewtwo.

On Gold, since I've been playing it only occasionally, it'll be quite awhile before I can go to Kanto on that game.

Years
    • Online now
    I explore Kanto in every playthrough. Seeing the changes 3 years after R/B/Y and battling the old gym leaders is my favorite part of G/S/C. It's something I'll never skip.

Years
  • I only recently got to Kanto in my copy of Gold so. But yeah, Crystal being out makes me want to put that on hold and get the third version instead >.< Playing as a girl is just too tempting♥

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I always explored Kanto in HGSS, so I did the same in Crystal. It was nice going through Gen 2's Kanto, as barren as it was.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I still haven't... ooopsss. I've really been meaning to but then I pick up my 3DS and get distracted.
    Like it sucks because I SO want to explore Kanto but alas :(
    I only recently got to Kanto in my copy of Gold so. But yeah, Crystal being out makes me want to put that on hold and get the third version instead >.< Playing as a girl is just too tempting♥

Doooo ittt! Worth :)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I had just gotten to Kanto and beaten Lt. Surge on Gold about a week ago? Then I got busy and haven't really played since. I'll probably play through Kanto on Gold and then jump back in Crystal because I'd rather go through Kanto than grind for the Elite Four again.

Years
  • I'm in Kanto now! About to take on Sabrina :>

I want to beat Gold before I purchase Crystal.

Last edited:
    Back