• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ultimate Monotype Challenge Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
  • Update for Ultimate Monotype Challenge (Normal).

Finished Green. It was weird, I won't do it again.

Started on Cycling Road.

Screens:

Spoiler:

Trainer Card:

ultnormgreentc.png

Crystal is next.

Team Norm:
    Spr_1g_036.png

Fairy the Clefable - L50
    Moves: Strength, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, Fire Blast
    Spr_1g_085.png

Twin the Dodrio - L48
    Moves: Drill Peck, Fly, Fury Attack, Body Slam
    Spr_1g_020.png

Fang the Raticate - L49
    Moves: Hyper Fang, Super Fang, Double-Edge, Dig
    Spr_1g_137.png

Pory the Porygon - L48
    Moves: Psychic, Recover, Conversion, Tri Attack
    Spr_1g_143.png

Sleep the Snorlax - L48
    Moves: Body Slam, Surf, Rest, Earthquake
    Spr_1g_083.png

Dux the Farfetch'd - L12
    Slave Moves: Cut

Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2018
    Another part of my Poison UMC. I made my way trough the gym leaders, rockets and other people who wanted to challenge me (Who the poison master now Koga?) With my six beauties i made my way to trough the first part of the second part of my UMC.

pokemonumcpoisonlancede.png

My team:

gbg168.gif

Missile (Ariados), lv. 48
    - Thief
    - Constrict
    - Leech life
    - Fury swipes

Missile, (I also named my Beedril in Fire red that way in this challenge) the "Beedril replacement" It was not a bad pokémon in the beginning. I really can't whait until it learns Psychic or a strong move. He is by far my weakest pokémon in the Elite four.

gbg169.gif

Hades (Crobat), lv. 51
    - Leech life
    - Fly
    - Bite
    - Confuse ray

Hades. I want to kick myself. why i didn't used him before? His Bite saved me from Will and his Fly actually made the final blast at Dragonite. He is for sure one of my strongest pokémon

gbg070.gif

Jungle (Weepinbell), lv 46
    - Razor leaf
    - Acid
    - Wrap
    - Sleep powder

Jungle named after my Venusaur on the Fire red part of this challenge. And he is mostly the same. Not that strong but strong in the thing he does the best. Killing rocks, ground and waters.

gbg073.gif

Iris (Tentacruel) lv. 47
    - Wrap
    - Acid
    - Surf
    - Barrier

I LOVE HIM. Iris is by far my strongest member. Taking Hitmonchans Thunderpunches or what ever attack he fires at him like a champ. And then firing back strong Surfs or set up a Barrier.

gbg034.gif

King (Nidoking) lv. 45
    - Iron tail
    - Strength
    - Double kick
    - Fury attack

King... I expected him to be just as strong as his counterpart (Queen the Nidoqueen from guess what challenge) But he wasn't that good still pretty good

gbg110.gif

Smog (Weezing) lv. 51
    - Explosion
    - Sludge
    - Rollout
    - Destiny bond

Smog was the latest but still a bulky member. Rollout killed very irritating Golbats and other flyers while i just could explode when i was bored or was facing some thing unbeateble. Dragonites or something.

So, on to Kanto again. Let's get the other eight badges and Red's respect!

Years
  • Smog was the latest but still a bulky member. Rollout killed very irritating Golbats and other flyers while i just could explode when i was bored or was facing some thing unbeateble. Dragonites or something.

I personally LOVE explosion.

Anyways, back to the hoenn leg, which my playing on ruby, of my fighting ultimate monotype challenge
    th_flannery.png
    th_norman.png

beat those 2 no problem. i did norman's entire gym with just breloom
    th_winonna.png

this one, was a lot hard. that 9 hp was the last 9 hp on my last guy... but i pulled it out, thanks to the fact breloom used leech seed before he was ko'd by altaria
    th_tateandliza.png

i thought this one would be hard. then i remember fighting beats rock. Solrock was ko'd in the first turn with a shadow ball from medicham and a sky uppercut from breloom. psychic from... the other one whose name escapse me, lunatone? took out breloom, but it was quickly taken out by a shadow ball and double kick by blaziken.
    th_wallace.png

This wasnt hard at all. mega drain and fighting moves for the ice types.

im currently a little lost in the ocean looking for ever grande. thats the part i HATE about hoenn, the oceanic navigation.

Current Team
    Spr_3r_257.png

Blaziken (lvl 43)
    -Flamethrower
    -Slash
    -Earthquake
    -Double Kick
    Spr_3r_286.png

Breloom (lvl 43)
    -Headbutt
    -Sky Uppercut
    -Leech Seed
    -Mega Drain
    Spr_3r_308.png

Medicham (lvl 41)
    -Confusion
    -Shadow Ball
    -Hi Jump Kick
    -Hidden Power (Poison? Seriously?)

HM Slaves
    Zigzagoon (Cut, Rock Smash, Surf) (he has also picked up like 7 rare candies, its awesome)
    Tropius (Strength, Fly, Flash)
    staryu (Dive, Waterfall)

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
    Years

Started Crystal leg of Normal UMC.

My only holdover from Green is going to be Clefable. I hate that Girafarig isn't in Crystal, though. I chose to have Clefable over Girafarig, as Clefable can learn the elemental punches, and has the only decent special attack of the normal type so far.

Here we go. I just beat Morty:

Spoiler:
    Right now I am waiting for the morning to come so I can catch Miltank, and I will also get a Moon Stone from the south-east cavern in the Ruins of Alph. I have Surf now so I can do it. I will also be able to get another Return TM.

Team Norma:
    Spr_2c_017.gif

Gerald the Pidgeotto, ♀ - L23
    Moves: Quick Attack, Gust, Sand-Attack, Return
    Spr_2c_035.gif

Fable the Clefairy, ♀ - L24 @ Quick Claw
    Moves: Return, Ice Puch, Dizzy Punch, Sweet Kiss
    Spr_2c_162.gif

Phil the Furret, ♂ - L27
    Moves: Headbutt, Quick Attack, Defense Curl, Dig
    Spr_2c_152.gif

Chikorita, ♂ - L6
    Slave Moves: Flash, Cut
    Spr_2c_054.gif

Psyduck, ♀ - L13
    Slave Moves: Surf, Rock Smash

Years
  • I made it though victory road, grinded my team up to level 50, thinking it was enough. And for sidney, pheobe and glacia it was, i walked through all of them. And them drake demolished me. I found my secret weapon however, the move relearner was able to teach my medicham ice punch. i'm gonna grind everyone up to level 55 and the go for E4 attempt #2.

SyngthaSuyeon

Specialty: Rare types & UU/NU
    Years
  • Emerald Update

As you can see from my sig, I have most of Emerald behind me, but...

I AM STUCK AT LIZA & TATE >.<

Current Team:

Amber/Blaziken lvl 59
    Careful
    HP: 184 Atk: 163 Def: 101 SpAtk:128 SpDef: 103 Spd: 130
    Slash | Sky Uppercut | Bulk up | Blaze Kick

Danson/Camrupt lvl 57
    Naive
    HP: 135 Atk: 135 Def: 93 SpAtk: 155 SpDef: 87 Spd: 61
    Strength | Rock Slide | Eruption | Earthquake

Sunny/Magcargo lvl 57
    Rash
    HP: 134 Atk: 63 Def: 154 SpAtk: 117 SpDef: 94 Spd: 51
    Amnesia | Rock Smash | Flametrower | Rock Slide

Luna/Vulpix lvl 57
    Rash
    HP: 115 Atk: 64 Def: 63 SpAtk: 73 SpDef: 79 Spd: 88
    Quick Attack | Grudge | Safeguard | Flamethrower

:( This does not bode well... My team can just barely take Claydol (if they don't go down first to Earthquake or Psychic) out, but there's still Solrock, Lunatone, and Xatu. Any advice? I'm seriously thinking of speed training a hacked Charmander and/or Cyndaquil at this point. This is after my first loss and I had to train drastically as it is when they were in their high 40's. x(

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
    Years

Update #2 on Crystal.

Went from Ecruteak City to the start of the Radio Tower takeover.

Spoiler:
    I am about to beat Team Rocket for all time.

Team Norma:
    Spr_2c_241.gif

Miss Tank the Miltank, ♀ - L32
    Moves: Stomp, Milk Drink, Defense Curl, Tackle
    Spr_2c_162.gif

Phil the Furret, ♂ - L32
    Moves: Return, Quick Attack, Defense Curl, Dig
    Spr_2c_017.gif

Gerald the Pidgeotto, ♀ - L33 @ Sharp Beak
    Moves: Return, Fly, Wing Attack, Quick Attack
    Spr_2c_035.gif

Fable the Clefairy, ♀ - L33 @ Magnet
    Moves: Return, Ice Puch, Dizzy Punch, ThunderPunch
    Spr_2c_152.gif

Chikorita, ♂ - L6 @ Gold Berry
    Spr_2c_054.gif

Psyduck, ♀ - L13 @ Quick Claw
    Slave Moves: Surf, Strength, Whirlpool, Rock Smash

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
  • When are you going to evolve your Vulpix? It can't learn many moves after that, for being a NFE Pokemon...

In other news, I am still trying to beat the Elite Four round 2 on HeartGold. Feraligatrs are between 60 and 64, and Starmies are either 55 and 57 or 57 and 59. But I think I'm getting somewhere, and I've begun using Hyper Potions and Revives, because I realized that I have enough money to buy one Revive and 4 Hyper Potions if I beat Will and Koga, and lots more if I beat Bruno (also, I just started using the Amulet Coin so yay). I think I'm going to train my EQ Feraligatr until he can OHKO Will's Bronzong. That will probably be around 70 or something...

SyngthaSuyeon

Specialty: Rare types & UU/NU
    Years
  • Would have evolved her already, but I don't have Dive, so I can't get those shards for a fire stone just yet. My focus at the moment is just trying to figure out how I'll survive the twins with all my fire types taking 2x and 4x damage.

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
  • Hmmm, I guess you should try to get Blaziken to get a Crit with Slash and train Vulpix/Camerupt enough til they're faster than Claydol and kill it with Eruption/Flamethrower or something. Good luck.

Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2018
    Move my UMC poison onto Hoenn I beated Red!

Pikachu: Kings Earthquake splashed the little rat
    Espeon: It's a *****. Luckly with one sacrifice and Crobats Bite hax i defeated it.
    Snorlax: BOOM Weezings explosion was enough to stop it doing damage
    Venusaur: Some Flys killed it.
    Blastoise: I hate blizzard. I had to restart my emulator a few times to sleep it and Razor leaf it down.
    Charizard: Got Surfed over

reddefeatumcpoison.png

My team:

gbg168.gif

Missile (Ariados), lv. 58
    - Thief
    - Giga drain
    - Psychic
    - Flash

Missile again, he got so much better when i teached him Giga drain and Psychic. Still not my strongest member but a good team mate.

gbg169.gif

Hades (Crobat), lv. 58
    - Leech life
    - Fly
    - Bite
    - Confuse ray

Hades. After lance i wanted to kick myself why i don't used him now i want to kill myself. Killing to of Red's pokémon. Espeon and Venusaur. He is a very got if not the best member of my team. You will see him back next part for sure

gbg070.gif

Jungle (Weepinbell), lv 60
    - Razor leaf
    - Acid
    - Cut
    - Sleep powder

Jungle He was one that killed Blastoise not the strongest member. But Sleep powder was very handy

gbg073.gif

Iris (Tentacruel) lv. 55
    - Wrap
    - Acid
    - Surf
    - Barrier

I STILL LOVE HIM. He's strong takes any attack like a champ. (was so handy VS Sabrina) and his surf is one of the strongest move in my team. Very good member. i now you are gonna see him coming back to

gbg034.gif

King (Nidoking) lv. 56
    - Iron tail
    - Strength
    - Earthquake
    - Surf

King... He killed pikachu and Earthquake killed Pikachu. Very strong after he got Earthquake and Surf

gbg110.gif

Smog (Weezing) lv. 54
    - Explosion
    - Sludge
    - Rollout
    - Destiny bond

WEEZING. Explosion is such a cool move and Destiny bond is nice to. Also a very good pokémon.

Onto Hoenn.

After i did the boring stuff and captured a second Wurmple. I grindend him and hoped to not again be a beautifly. But i had luck and he changed in a Cascoon and short after that in a Dustox. I beated Roxanne with thanks to missing and a X defend and a x special.

Team:

dpmfa269.png

Missile (Dustox)
    lv. 18 Quiet
    - Tackle
    - Confusion
    - Protect
    - Gust

Cathar

/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    Just a quick update from me on my Soulsilver run.

I didn't have a lot of time to play, mostly because I spent most of my time breeding. Nevertheless, managed to get together a cool team and I've got all 8 badges now.
    Dragon girl wasn't any harder than any other trainer so far, mostly due to my new cool Mamoswine!

Team Soulsilver:

195.png

Bowser the Quagsire, Level 48
    Surf, Earthquake, Slam, ForgotEnglishnameWeakGroundattack
    Spoiler:

34.png

Loverboy the Nidoking, Level 50
    Earthpower(?), Attract, Doublekick, Thrash
    Spoiler:

473.png

Tinkerbell the Mamoswine, Level 47
    Earthquake, Ice Fang, Dig, Ancient Power(?)
    Spoiler:

111.png

Sputnik the Rhyhorn, Level 1
    Ice Fang, Fire Fang, Thunder Fang, Crunch
    Spoiler:

Random notes:

• I am now quite the breeder. I have about twenty level 1 Pokémon in Box 1.
    • I'm thinking about removing at least one of the elemental fang attacks of Rhyhorn for a ground or rock move. Any ideas on which for which?
    • I've never given much thought about natures and breeding moves, but it does add another fun and interesting layer to Pokémon. Go Nintendo!
    That's it from the slow Granpa for now,
    Cheers,
    Peter

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
  • Well, I beat the E4 round 2. I think I'm just going to have to train on them until my team is all around the same level. Lance was much easier than I thought he would be. I figured all of his Pokemon would outspeed a Starmie 15-20 levels under them, but nobody except for Salamence did. I didn't OHKO Dragonite w/ Ice Beam, but he spammed Draco Meteor, so after I revived Starmie I took care of him. I'm thinking I'm going to get both Starmie to level 65 and Feraligatrs to whatever level they end at, since they'll be much higher (they're already 60-65). I'll probably have 2 more updates; one saying I'm ready for Red, and one saying I beat Red.

Years
  • th_steven.png
    th_HOF.png

I will say this... This challenge had the single hardest single pokemon to conquer of any challenge i've ever done. Drake's Salamence. Like i said before, I walked through the first three of the elite four, taking hardly any damage, and with ice punch, drake's other pokemon weren't difficult. His salamance gave me so much grief. Was so happy when Blaziken took it out. Steven was pretty easy, the only annoying part was the fact i acidentally lead with breloom, and onto of that, i acidentally used giga drain, so he laid spikes and poisioned me. Other than that it was smooth sailing.

Final Team
    Spr_3r_257.png

Blaziken (lvl 56)
    -Flamethrower
    -Slash
    -Earthquake
    -Double Kick
    Spr_3r_286.png

Breloom (lvl 55)
    -Headbutt
    -Sky Uppercut
    -Leech Seed
    -Giga Drain
    Spr_3r_308.png

Medicham (lvl 57)
    -Psychic
    -Shadow Ball
    -Hi Jump Kick
    -Ice Punch

HM Slaves
    Zigzagoon (Cut, Rock Smash, Surf) (he has also picked up like 7 rare candies, its awesome)
    Tropius (Strength, Fly, Flash)
    staryu (Dive, Waterfall)

Onto Sinnoh... no more screen caps, since i dont have a ds emulator.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
  • Heyo, folks! School is no longer an obstacle for me, so by the time I get this challenge updated, I plan to keep it that way.

I am still rather focused on competitive Pokémon battling, so I don't know if I'll be completing a challenge myself in the near future. But in the meantime, expect to see more of me around these parts. :P

jammi567

Grass Monotype Challange (HeartGold) - Part 1

I will be doing a Grass Monotype Challange on HeartGold. So whenever possible, could someone add me to the list please.

Progress made so far:

* Started a new game, named my character Ethan, and picked Chikorita as my Starter Pokemon
    * Did all of the usual stuff - be forced to go on the errand to pick up the "mystery" egg, get Pokedex etc.
    * Trained Chikorita to level 10, so that it would stand a chance against the rival. It leant Poison Powder in the process.
    * The move was used to great effect, alllowing me to KO Cyndaquil that much quicker.
    * Named my Rival Silver, and trained Chikorita some more as I made my way up Routes 30 and 31.
    * Along the way, fought and caught a Bellsprout. Used the good old bait-and-switch method to level Bell against the last trainer I fought.
    * Reached Violet City, healed up at the Pokemon Centre, and headed to Sprout Tower.
    * Used Bellsprout against the wild Gastly and Ratatta, and bait-and-switched in trainer battles.
    * I finally made it to the head honcho of the place. Despite having just fought Silver, he was up to battling me.
    * Poison Powder was extreamly useful in this battle, as that single-handedly killed him damn Hoothoot, which was otherwise dealing super-effective damage, when it wasn't putting my Pokemon to sleep. The two Bellsprout were defeated using my Bellsprout's Wrap attack.
    * After the battle, he gave me TM70 Flash, and I warpped myself out of the tower to heal.
    * Trained both my Pokemon in Sprout Tower until they both reached level 16, in preperation for fighting Falkner and his flunkies.

My Pokemon team and Stats thus far:

Bayleaf (Level 16) Nature: Hardy

Stats: HP - 51
    Attack - 28
    Defence - 33
    Special Attack - 26
    Special Defence - 34
    Speed - 29

Moves: Tackle
    Synthesis
    Razor Leaf
    Poison Powder

Ability: Overgrow

Bellsprout (Level 16) Nature: Timid

Stats: HP - 44
    Attack - 26
    Defence - 17
    Special Attack - 33
    Special Defence - 17
    Speed - 23

Moves: Vine Whip
    Poison Powder
    Wrap
    Sleep Powder

Ability: Chlorophyll

Folkedahl

Wizard
    Years
  • I'm going to do my best to set up a Ghost-Type challenge in Emerald on an emulator, as I'm doing a solo challenge on my Silver Cart right now. It's gonna take the back seat to my dratini though. Sableye is my second favorite pokemon in all of history though, so don't fret, I will give the occasional update.
    Misdreavus, Bannette, Dusclops, Haunter, Shedinja, Sableye. This shall be fantastic.

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
  • So I got purdy good at beating the Elite Four with items. And I get some extra money from beating them after I buy back all the items I lost. Got about 5 levels to go for Stella/us. I think I might go for Red now.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
    Years

Update #3 on Crystal.

Went from Radio Tower to becoming the Champion.

Spoiler:
    Now it's time for Kanto and Red.

Team Norma:
    Spr_2c_036.gif

Fable the Clefable, ♀ - L43 @ NeverMeltIce
    Moves: Return, Ice Puch, Dizzy Punch, ThunderPunch
    Spr_2c_018.gif

Gerald the Pidgeot, ♀ - L42 @ Sharp Beak
    Moves: Return, Fly, Wing Attack, Quick Attack
    Spr_2c_241.gif

Miss Tank the Miltank, ♀ - L43 @ Pink Bow
    Moves: Body Slam, Milk Drink, Earthquake, Rollout
    Spr_2c_162.gif

Phil the Furret, ♂ - L44 @ Pink Bow
    Moves: Return, Quick Attack, Shadow Ball, Dig
    Spr_2c_152.gif

Chikorita, ♂ - L6 @ Gold Berry
    Spr_2c_054.gif

Psyduck, ♀ - L13 @ Quick Claw
    Slave Moves: Surf, Whirlpool, Rock Smash, Waterfall

Years
  • Well I'm not sure if I have posted which will be my second game, well, now am going to extend my Fire Monotype to Emerald. I'll do part of the aftergame stuff as well, especially battle frontier, which I love. xD

Either way, going to start, I plan my team to be:
    Blaziken, Camerupt and Magcargo, the rest of the team will be HM slaves(Probably not going to have 6 on team though).

@edit: Defeated Roxxane.

Screen Below:
    roxanewin.png

I am currently with the following team:

BLAZE the level 18 Bold Combusken.
    WINGULL the level 7 Docile Wingull(Future HM slave, captured to not have to find one after)

@Update

I defeated Brawly. Now am heading to the cave.
    brawlywin.png

My team now is as follows:

BLAZE the level 22 Bold Combusken(Its Ability is Blaze and its name is BLAZE. Funny thing. xD)
    Scratch
    Peck
    Double Kick
    Ember

WINGULL the level 9 Docile Wingull(It leveled a bit due to some unavoidable double battles)

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back