• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Serious opinion

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    I've been out of the PC loop for a good while now and came back to see all of this unfolding - it's really incredibly sad to see and it feels like a lot of people are just trying to throw more wood onto the fire. It is very understandable to be put down by what has happened and I imagine that the feeling of betrayal from most members is very strong right now, but Pokécommunity has never been a place that deserves this kind of treatment.

Countless people have built countless memories here, have made the strongest of friendships, and have found a home away from real life where all of the problems we're going through just didn't matter any more. None of this is gone, and none of this will ever go, as long as the people who make the community into this wonderful place stand strong together and remember what we're all here for. Whether it's been days, weeks or months, PC has always felt like a home to me and I've met some of the most utterly wonderful people of my life here. I've never been part of a more caring, nurturing and positive community whom would never hesitate to pick up anybody whom is feeling down or to go to great lengths just to provide people with a few minutes of entertainment by organising an event, hosting a competition, or doing any manner of things that are entirely selfless just for the benefit of the people who may enjoy it.

Yes, Steve should 100% resign and the community should band together to make this a reality; and no, I am not trying to pretend that this isn't a problem or that we should all just 'get over it' - I personally feel very hurt from the time, effort and money that I've put into this site having gone towards funding an awful person like this. However, this also doesn't mean that every single person we've given a better time to whilst they're here hasn't gotten something from it too and there is no reason that this cannot continue to be the case.

PC can rebuild its reputation as long as we continue to be this exceptionally special community and continue to do what we do best - giving people that spare few minutes of their day in which they feel welcome, loved and accepted, no matter who they are or what is going on in their lives. One horrible person shouldn't stop this from being what we all strive for.

I agree with you 100%. It saddens me so much that all the memories and experiences people have made here suddenly hold no value just because of one person, regardless of whether he was the site owner or not. The members and forum staff are the ones who spent most time building this forum into something wonderful and the community itself should not be blamed nor ruined because of the actions of one person. I love this community and I don't want to give it up...but the pressure to resign is absolutely unbelievable. Regardless, I will continue to believe that Steve will give this community up and we can, steadily over time, work on restoring PC's reputation.
    I really hope that you can resist the pressure. It makes me sad that this even has to be said, but you are one of the most positive and caring people that I've ever met and you should never be made to feel bad or guilty or pressured just because you want to help keep the community in tact. I would 100% be doing the same as you and I believe that a lot of other people would have too if they had given it more consideration and thought. You don't deserve any negativity whatsoever for what you're doing and it makes me angry that people are trying to make you feel this way.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • I can't speak from a staff perspective, but I do know a number of people who've said that they'd return and try to help rebuild if Steve were to step down.

But they've also expressed how unlikely they think that is to occur, hence the direction things seem to be going.

I myself would love to be able to stick around PC---I joined almost eight years ago, when I was (barely) twelve, which was basically the start of my online presence (minus some unfortunate history of mine bc omg ten year olds on the internet why), and PC has been there for the entirety of it. Honestly, it's rather like I was raised on this site, so it's tragic to see what's happening to it and I hate the entire situation.

The thing is, what makes PC a community is the community (obviously), and, due to this situation, many people that I know that make this community what it is for me are moving on, so I feel obligated to move on with them since . . . well, without them, PC just isn't the PC that I know. Otherwise this whole fiasco wouldn't really bother me all that much, tbh.

I plan to still check in to see the state of things here, but I doubt I'll be posting since the sections I stick to won't even really be there now since pretty much their entire userbases are leaving. Ideally, Steve would step down and people could begin to move back into the site and try to bring it back to what it was and beyond since, let's be honest, things haven't been going all that well here even leading up to this debacle. And it would seem that part (or all) of that has to do with extra shadiness happening behind-the-scenes, which is incredibly unfortunate.

So

Here's to whatever may come. Until then, see y'all on the other side.

Ultra Sun

Yes this is PC user Sun lol
    Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2022
    I returned to join this party, except this isn't some kind of fun party; if anything, it's a huge pile of goo!

Rukario, shame on you. You suck, quit if you can't come clean.

You might have contributed a lot prior my initial sign up here on PC a decade ago? But for the last ten years as a member of PC (well, on and off, actually), I have neither heard of or seen you have done something big for this place. All I see is the former and the current staff members doing all the job for you, running this place steadily, smoothly. Most of them are doing outstanding jobs, constantly improving this place with innovative ideas. Not to mention, these kids are actually busy in real life from personal life to education and/or real life job. Still, they are doing their very best to keep this place.

And you? You repaid the members and all your staff who built PokeCommunity with betrayal.

Just pass the torch to someone else, Steve. Get out, we don't need you. You stink.

Yo, sorry for this angry and sorta-return post, everyone! And miss y'all

DT2020

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2018
    I returned to join this party, except this isn't some kind of fun party; if anything, it's a huge pile of goo!

Rukario, shame on you. You suck, quit if you can't come clean.

You might have contributed a lot prior my initial sign up here on PC a decade ago? But for the last ten years as a member of PC (well, on and off, actually), I have neither heard of or seen you have done something big for this place. All I see is the former and the current staff members doing all the job for you, running this place steadily, smoothly. Most of them are doing outstanding jobs, constantly improving this place with innovative ideas. Not to mention, these kids are actually busy in real life from personal life to education and/or real life job. Still, they are doing their very best to keep this place.

And you? You repaid the members and all your staff who built PokeCommunity with betrayal.

Just pass the torch to someone else, Steve. Get out, we don't need you. You stink.

Yo, sorry for this angry and sorta-return post, everyone! And miss y'all

Who really cares about how active he is moderating a pokemon website? The big issue is that he has molested children. That's a bit more important...

Last edited:

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • Who really cares about how active he is moderating a pokemon website? The big issue is that he has molested children. That's a bit more important...
    I mean, if you consider what supposedly actually happened, then no, not really

And I say this with a very similar thing nearly happening to me a while back (with me being the younger one in that situation)

But either way, both things are an issue for the forum right now.

Back