• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Shiny Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lash

Years
Zel, your great hack will be missed till it is back on track. This is famous, how could a Pokemon fan not love Pokemon Shiny Gold?
We will all miss you man, good luck at getting the virus out, and with all the data you have to resore. Who knows, if this thread is closed and quit, will someone carry on all of this great work? You rock Zel, peace.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
All sistems OK...

I'm happy to announce Shiny Gold is back!

Took me a while to recover my stuff, but in the end I managed to get everything quite fast. Now, I should have everything that will be in the Beta4 (with the exception that I need to edit the trainers for the X version), so I don't think it'll take too long for the release. Probably it'll be by the end of this month (guess I'll modify my goals a bit this time)

Now, let's talk about the Beta...

The Beta will end after fixing the Power Plant, recovering the Copycat's Lost Pokédoll, and getting the Magnet Train Pass (so you can go back and forth between Johto and Kanto by two ways, but the SS.Aqua has trainers for battling in each trip, so it depends on if you want to train or not). There will be a few blocked exits, as you'll find out when you play.

I'll start editing some trainer battles (the Key Battles), and I'll give the trainers some moves to test your skills (specially in the X version), as I found all the trainers that I can easily edit with PET (bye hex-editing moves I hope...)

Another thing is the ability to trade. Found the flag that enables the trade between Fire Red and the rest (flag 844, if you want to know), but it seems that if you want to trade with Emerald you need to have the National Dex in the Emerald version for some pokes, so keep that in mind.
However, I'm still deciding if it would be convenient to give the ability early in the game or not. If you ask me, my idea would be to hold it till you reach Prof. Oak in Pallet, then he would say something like "Oh, you want to expand your Pokédex, but you cannot trade from far away. How about if I help you..." or something. Mainly because I really don't consider necessary the trade ability, seeing as you can catch all the Pokemon in the game.

Now, about music. I have practiced a lot, but still, I lack of resources. So, since I want a Beta with all the music changed, if possible, then there's no music change for the time being.

About graphics. Minor changes, but it seems a few are in the way (With a bit of luck, there'll be even pokemon battle sprite changes)

So, the Beta Testing will start this week. In the meantime, I'll start posting screenshots. But I'll start from where I left (outside of Ice Path), just in case some people didn't play the Preview. And I'll update my first post as usual with those screenshots. Now, get bored...

image01gf3.png
image02jo1.png
image03db4.png
image04px7.png
image05jb9.png
image06zy0.png
image07zd5.png
image08tc7.png
image09yh5.png
image10nx7.png
image11py4.png
image12mp1.png

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
Years
Woot, yay it's back :)

I was thinking a little bit ago about something and if it's in Shiny Gold, as I haven't seen it asked yet...

Is the guy in G/S who gives you a shuckle temporarily and asks you to return it in the future, but if you return and shuckle has a certain happiness level, the person lets you keep him, will that be in Shiny Gold, or no?

Schools been keeping me busy and haven't had time to play B3, and can't remember where the Shuckle dude is, and if it was even before the Ice Path, hence the question XD

Years
Woot, yay it's back :)

I was thinking a little bit ago about something and if it's in Shiny Gold, as I haven't seen it asked yet...

Is the guy in G/S who gives you a shuckle temporarily and asks you to return it in the future, but if you return and shuckle has a certain happiness level, the person lets you keep him, will that be in Shiny Gold, or no?

Schools been keeping me busy and haven't had time to play B3, and can't remember where the Shuckle dude is, and if it was even before the Ice Path, hence the question XD

if i am right that guy is found in Cian wood ..
try that place ..if not i dont know :P

Years
  • Seen May 3, 2008
I'm really happy to see you back :)

Funny, today I got into the Ice cave and I was gonna make a thread about why I can't get in, and then bam you're back :P

Could I ask a few things?

1) Could you change Ecruteak city music to the one of the original Gold?

2) When you get to Lavender tower, could you make the ghosts be unidentified and catchable, and in the final floor a rare pokemon like shiny gengar?

3)Mewtwo would be in the game?

4)Giovanni would return?

5) Where I can get a masterball to catch Ho-Oh?

6) Why the Red Garydos is blue instead of red?

Years
i can answer one of your uestion xD
the garydos isn't red because your playing an beta where thast hasnt been fixed :P Zel already fixed it so in beta 4 you can catch it , if i where you stop playing for a while and wait till the beta is done ;)

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 19, 2009
Excellent to see you back Zel. Looking forward (patiently!) to the next version release.

Sounds like there will be some excellent progress made.

dirk123

Organization XIII
Years

5) You get a Masterball from Prof.Elm when you have all 8 badges.

6) Zel said it would be Red in Beta4 before he suddenly had a virus attack. So you can expect a Red Gyrados in Beta 4.

Years
  • Seen Sep 11, 2011
hey everyone
im having troubles with the download of the preview.
im not sure if its just me but when i click the
link to the .zip file a blank white page appears
and nothing happens at all. maybe somethings wrong
with my browser but im unsure.

can someone help? thanks anyway.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years

Really?, the guy in Cianwood can get the Shuckle back? (I guess I never went back to that guy to give him his Shuckie XD)
But, since there is no command to remove a pokemon from your party, then it won't be possible (although I know how to check if you have a Shuckle in your party and I know how to check the happiness of the pokemon leading, but still that wouldn't be enough to make the event as you say)

Good to see you back Zel... Good luck on finishing off your hack and hopefully you don't get another virus

Well, I changed both browser and antivirus, so we'll see (I'm gonna be careful this time)

Could I ask a few things?

1) Could you change Ecruteak city music to the one of the original Gold?

2) When you get to Lavender tower, could you make the ghosts be unidentified and catchable, and in the final floor a rare pokemon like shiny gengar?

3)Mewtwo would be in the game?

4)Giovanni would return?

1)I want to change all the music, but seems we need to wait.
2)If you remember, Lavender's Tower was turned into a Radio Tower, so there are no ghosts there now (don't forget you will not be able to reach Lavender in the next Beta, anyway) But, I did a little thing with the ghosts, you'll see...
3)Yes, it will. As all of the rest of the pokemon.
4)I don't think he will. Seeing as I don't like TR, and the idea is that TR is finished (despite all the efforts of Jess & Jamie), so Giovanni wouldn't have a purpose in-game.
5y6)Already answered.

hey everyone
im having troubles with the download of the preview.
im not sure if its just me but when i click the
link to the .zip file a blank white page appears
and nothing happens at all. maybe somethings wrong
with my browser but im unsure.

can someone help? thanks anyway.

Yes, it happened to me as well. Maybe it's some temporary problem with the forums? or perhaps it was lost because the thread was closed? I don't know, but if a mod could explain then it'd be appreciated (Just tell me if I need to re-upload the files)

By the way, don't worry about the Beta Testing, I usually pick people based on my own opinion and judgement, so I already selected a few people. So, there's no need to ask about it, thanks!

SerenadeDS

Trainer
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 7, 2013
Welcome Back!! Im sure we all missed you...

Cant wait for Beta4! I WILL be the first one to download it! Maybe...

Good Luck with everything in Shiny Gold.

Years
Hmmm looking very good Zel. Sorry to hear about that Virus. When I got one, it sucked, but I recently got Windows Live OneCare Anti-Virus program, and it got rid of all my viruses. Also I use Mozilla FireFox =P. Good Combo xD

Anyways, before I get flamed for offtopic-ness, I'm looking forward to Beta 4!

Good luck Zel.

~Raz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back