• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Mirage Of Tales

Years
  • i would say don't know it would make the tournament more of a challenge but maybe for the path you choose will determine that or not that is just something that would be cool to see

Chimchar

THE Chimchar Tamer
    Years
  • I think that you should find out who your opponent is before the match. It's just that I like the idea of being able to learn about who your facing pre-match.

I really don't mind the level curve for the most part. Some parts are a little hard but I don't mind. It's really a matter of preference. Some people prefer to play through easily and just follow the story. Others like the challenge. It does get pretty hard sometimes but I feel like that's okay.

Years
  • I'd have liked to add Fairy type but I'm actually okay with not having it for now, but it will definitely be implemented in my second hack!

Wanted to gather some opinions from you guys, I've had lots of comments about the level curve being bad and I don't really have the time to go through every single trainer in-game, so at what point/s would you say it gets too easy/hard? If I know then I can just edit that section of trainers in the game accordingly =)

Also, during the tournament, would you rather not know who you're about to face in the next round or learn a little about your opponent before battling them?

I'd like to learn some more about my opponent before the battle, storywise and if neccesary team wise.
    Also for the level balance part, maybe just boost up the wild pokemon a bit, because the only method of leveling up is doing the tri-poke challenge, which isn't even bad but it gets repetetive after doing it 10 times over and over again. :P

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Thanks for the feedback guys! So for the Tournament I'll have an NPC who can tell you a bit about your next opponent before you face them, but if you'd rather not know then just ignore them haha. Also a new training event was added in Jita Village, just cuz I felt like that was the most boring place and needed something extra.

Bliss

Part-time Pegasister, Part-time PokéFreak
    Years
  • Thanks for the feedback guys! So for the Tournament I'll have an NPC who can tell you a bit about your next opponent before you face them, but if you'd rather not know then just ignore them haha.
    I think the "Yo! Champ in the making!" guy was kinda annoying, but probably a great base to work from, giving a little bit of information about the trainer's favored type and a suggestion of what kinds of Pokemon to use.

Just my take on the matter, hope it's easy enough to understand. I missed that guy so much when I played games without him.. Not that I needed to talk to him and get information, just that he wasn't there :/ (mostly in hacks with custom gyms)

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    I think the "Yo! Champ in the making!" guy was kinda annoying, but probably a great base to work from, giving a little bit of information about the trainer's favored type and a suggestion of what kinds of Pokemon to use.

Just my take on the matter, hope it's easy enough to understand. I missed that guy so much when I played games without him.. Not that I needed to talk to him and get information, just that he wasn't there :/ (mostly in hacks with custom gyms)

Yeah I know what you mean! I've added in some Gym Advisor-like NPCs to the earlier Gyms, but having some issues with them since they're tied into the Gym Leader career. Meh.

Also Lucra in response to your Tri-Poke challenge post I forgot to mention that's been re-done too! The first time you take part in it you'll face the usual trainers but then you'll win an evolution stone that will evolve the first Eevee from the Eevee Project into whatever evolution it is they want, to save you waiting till Ekaruba Island stone shop to take part in it. Then after that the Tripoke contestants will get harder =P

Bliss

Years
  • Yeah I know what you mean! I've added in some Gym Advisor-like NPCs to the earlier Gyms, but having some issues with them since they're tied into the Gym Leader career. Meh.
    Isn't it possible for any career to face and beat Gym Leaders? I'm pretty sure I never joined any career and I was able to face a few Gyms last time. (I missed the first gym and had to go ALL THE WAY BACK before I could challenge the second gym lol. With no bike or fly T.T)

I wonder if it would be possible to make this Gym Adviser give additional information to those who actually are in the Gym Leader career..? (By the way, I still don't fully understand the job system, haven't taken the time to learn lol, so if I'm just being ignorant, ignore me lol. I'll understand later, once I have time to sit down and play through it a few times.)

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Isn't it possible for any career to face and beat Gym Leaders? I'm pretty sure I never joined any career and I was able to face a few Gyms last time. (I missed the first gym and had to go ALL THE WAY BACK before I could challenge the second gym lol. With no bike or fly T.T)

I wonder if it would be possible to make this Gym Adviser give additional information to those who actually are in the Gym Leader career..? (By the way, I still don't fully understand the job system, haven't taken the time to learn lol, so if I'm just being ignorant, ignore me lol. I'll understand later, once I have time to sit down and play through it a few times.)

No worrys =) yeah that's what the Gym Advisors are - people who help you when you become a Gym Leader, and when you're not a Gym Leader/about to face the Leader they just tell you about what type of Gym it is and hints how to beat the Leader =) and yes, it's possible for anyone to take part in that route of the game, but those who don't want to do it don't have to to progress in the game.

Bliss

Years
  • No worrys =) yeah that's what the Gym Advisors are - people who help you when you become a Gym Leader, and when you're not a Gym Leader/about to face the Leader they just tell you about what type of Gym it is and hints how to beat the Leader =) and yes, it's possible for anyone to take part in that route of the game, but those who don't want to do it don't have to to progress in the game.
    Yeah, as I mentioned way back when, (several pages back lol) I love fighting the Gyms, just as homage to the official games.

Keep up the great work! I'm loving the updates I'm seeing on all of the hacks I follow! :3

ButteryButters

Poketuber
    Years
  • Me and my friend just finished the hack in our coop and we really loved it :D We can't wait for version 3 to come out, especially since my friend just bought her mascot in the last episode xD

Years
  • Yeah I know what you mean! I've added in some Gym Advisor-like NPCs to the earlier Gyms, but having some issues with them since they're tied into the Gym Leader career. Meh.

Also Lucra in response to your Tri-Poke challenge post I forgot to mention that's been re-done too! The first time you take part in it you'll face the usual trainers but then you'll win an evolution stone that will evolve the first Eevee from the Eevee Project into whatever evolution it is they want, to save you waiting till Ekaruba Island stone shop to take part in it. Then after that the Tripoke contestants will get harder =P

How hard do they get? is there a level stop at like 60 or do they get to go to lvl 100? :)

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2021
    Hey Avara I just wanted to tell you that I LOVE your hack. It is wonderful and very entertaining. I finished version 2 about a week ago and wow!!!...after talking with all the people in the last town you get really fired up about the tournament (I was thinking that maybe this will be an ACTUAL tournament not just you against the elite 4 which I always found rather odd) just to find out that you have to wait until the next beta. It was kind of sad but now I'm just happily anxious waiting for it

I played the trainer/gang member/researcher path and for all the things that I loved about it there is one thing that I found a bit disappointing. it was maybe because of the description provided in the presentation of this thread about the gang member career but I was expecting a LOT more interactions with the gang boss...I always thought that those characters were always overlooked in the main games which is very disappointing since in theory those are the most interesting characters in the plot...I mean, you are talking about individuals able to convince a whole bunch of people not only to break the law but to actually accept them as their leaders...the levels of charisma (the definition from a sociological point of view...look it up you'll be pleased I just know it) required to do that would be incredibly rich plot wise. So I was a bit sad when I only saw my ¨beloved¨ leader about two times in the story so far. But to be fair the times when he actually shows up he is incredibly awesome so congratulations on that. So in short my request as an humble admirer of your work would be to please give a little bit more love to the gang member career in future vesions. Perhaps by adding more significant characters in that team (you know, hommies to pal around with and stuff like the seekers do)

Again, this is a very good hack and I just wanted to thank you for all the time and effort you put into it since it is greatly appreciated

Ps: if you could add the charizard line with the Fire/Dragon typing it would be just sweet and wonderful and perhaps with the levitate ability, you know, because of the wings and all. Anyway have a good one.

Ps of the Ps: a small detail, Aries is a douche….and the flying gym is just mean……also: Aries is a douche (but since I suppose that was your goal all along even more kudos to you on characters development….and lastly, did a mention that Aries is douche??? (I hate that guy)

Last edited:

ShinyInfernape100

Fire Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • Hello Avara.Even though I played the game recently I completed it realy fast (like almost every game I play) with seeker career,I loved every part of it.Unlike other games/hacks,the fact that you could change the storyline with your choises was amazing.I am also planning to once the next version comes to play the Gym leader career,but will I also be able to do the Breeder career as well.

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    ~Update~

After a long wait, I'm proud to announce that Version 3 is finally here!

Finally I just want to thank each and every person who has commented on this thread, downloaded the hack, or even just watched videos of it on YouTube.
    I am super grateful for all your support, especially to those of you who've been around since the early days when I knew next to nothing about hacking, which leads me onto my next point.
    Thanks to everyone here on PC who has answered questions and been really patient with me while I've spammed the help sections!

Now that that's been said, let's move on, shall we?

Version 3.0

New Content/Progression:

• All players of all storylines can now travel to the final city in the region, Finagold Terrace.
    • You'll have to play through brand new story arcs.
    • More progression has been added to the Breeder Side-Career.
    • The Gym Leader Side-Career has arrived, but only the beginning of it! It's a mono-type challenge, basically. Take over the first three Avlarian Gyms!
    • More Alignment altering events have been added.
    • This version offers less new playable content than any previous releases, but this is because of the multitude of new things that have been added and many improvements have been made to what was already there!
    • Version 3.0 will end when you obtain an item named the "POKéVISA".

New Features:

• A MAJOR graphical update. New buildings, trees, mountains, a complete new look for the region! Eternal thanks to joexv for inserting some of the tiles and helping me learn how to do it.
    • More Pokemon have been made eligible for the Surf and Fly Licenses to make it easier for you guys to get them.
    • As well as new tiles, I have edited each and every map in the game and even re-done some areas entirely.
    • Custom Trainer back-sprites at last!
    • The Physical/Special split, thanks to DoesntKnowHowToPlay's patch!
    • Pokedex entries have now been fixed, although Seen and Caught parts of the Pokedex are still buggy and unorganized (don't know how to fix...)
    • My own bootscreen, but still no title-screen. =(
    • The level curve has been re-adjusted; many wild Pokemon and Trainers are a bit stronger in East Avlar and the big jump in levels is less apparent (I hope).
    • For the lore-lovers, introducing the Jita Village Library for those of you who are really interested in the game's world. (still in beta stage)
    • The majority of Trainers now have new custom sprites created by me.
    • Houses which have stairs that didn't have warps leading to upstairs rooms, now do. #RookieMistake
    • The game's first shiny Pokemon event. Stock up on Ultra Balls - you don't wanna miss this one!
    • A second legendary Pokemon will become yours for sure, but not in the way you'd expect...
    • New trainers will spawn in different routes as you progress! This ensures there's always training battles to be had. Some of the places new Trainers will appear are routes that previously had no trainers.
    • All Baby Pokemon evolve to their middle evolutionary forms by level because happiness takes too long =P
    • And finally, the Avlar Championship Tournament! GET TRAINING!
    • The infamous New Bora and Eevee Project glitches fixed.

Download Link:

https://www.mediafire.com/?cuzcjoaxgz0aq2b

Last edited:
    Years
  • Thanks to avara and everyone else who have contributed to this amazing hack.
    Can't wait to play version 3 from the start, just to enjoy the storyline.

Back