• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Life] The Dream Weavers

Years
  • Felt tense this morning from another curious dream. It started off frightening, then moved into a direction that was less so.

I dreamed that I opened the backdoor of the house to let the dog run outside in the backyard. A black cat was in the yard. It's face was disfigured, it's ears were gone. It had a skeletal face. It was a startling and bloody sight.

I know why I dreamed of this actually. There is a black cat in the neighborhood that I call "Salem" affectionately. He was supposed to be a pet of the family next door, but they neglected him and I think abandoned him. Lately I have just been opening my garage and basement, and allowing Salem to have a shelter there. I keep heated blankets, cat furniture and toys down there, and leave food and water from him three times daily. Unlike my own strictly indoor kitty Ward, Salem prefers the outdoors because that is mostly what he knows, and scratches to go outside a lot to explore, so I can't keep him inside and protected 24/7, but I am worried about him getting hurt out there, and that's definitely what my dream is about. Last night I heard cats screeching, and raced outside in the dark to see what was happening because it sounded like Salem needed help. I couldn't find any cats though when I went outside calling for him, and feared the worst, as there are feral cats who stroll through the neighborhood who will try to bully this smaller gentle cat. Fortunately, Salem turned up this morning for breakfast and looked unharmed, so maybe I heard some different cats, but what I heard last night obviously triggered the bad dream where I saw a mutilated cat. I just hope my dream isn't prophetic of something else bad happening.

In my dream I found Salem under a log covered by a pile of leaves hiding, both of his ears had been ripped off, he was battered, bleeding, hungry and vulnerable, anxious to come inside and get some love. Salem tried to come onto my porch when I came out with my dog, and in the dream my own cat appeared right behind my leg, saw Salem and tried to pounce on him as soon as they made eye contact. In reality my own cat is jealous, and won't let Salem come too close, which is why he stays in the garage, an old garden shed and in the basement sometimes where my own cat Ward can't get to him.

In the dream my dog got in the middle of the conflict and kept them from hurting eachother, which is something he would probably do. He is a big mellow Pyrenees that tries to protect little creatures.

I manage to get Salem upstairs and kept him in a bedroom where he could be safe and left in peace in my dream, but more cats kept showing up at the house though. Outside I dreamed of a snow white cat with blue eyes, this one is a kind and gentle. All over the porch there are different cats, grey ones, some kittens. I am trying to feed them all, but I can't keep track of everyone of them.

Then I see another black cat that I think is Salem at first, but he's not injured, it's a different cat, he's like what Salem should be, big and healthy, coat shining. It's like his twin or dopple ganger. This cat finds his way into the house, and without me seeing ends up in thr room where Salem is. I swing open the door, surprised to see the two black cats together, and worry that they will fight, but for the moment they are just sniffing eachother out, the cats are in front of eachother. It's like looking to a mirror. Their tails touch eachother, and they start circling eachother in a dance-like motion. My hope is that they will get along.

Years
  • I had a dream that was so real that I am still unnerved from it this morning. I dreamed that my father died from heart disease complications. Unfortunately, this is not an unrealistic dream. He is an elderly man who does have a heart condition.

My dream was remarkably detailed. I remember looking over his medical charts, the litigation with his will, the funeral, comforting crying relatives. It did not seem like a dream, but like something that had really happened and I was disoriented for a time after waking up. I was checking my messages to make sure that nothing had indeed happened. I am still a little shaken from that dream, and short of breath.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    I was dreaming I went back in time. I was in some sort of a classroom in school and people where watching a movie. Then I ran into a teacher that I seemingly knew from the future. Then I ended up in another room with another teacher. I then asked if something where to change if I told them that in the future there was an ongoing pandemic. They where looking really sceptical. Somehow more teacher got involved and they just ended up presenting me their "the virus has always been around"-argument (one of those deniers like to use).
    Then something must have changed, anyhow. I was led back to my time machine and there where a couple scientists (?) around. When I got back to the future I remember things being different. As is: I was chased by some people and then a girl somehow recognized some stuff that I was wearing and ended up having a bunch of flashbacks from a past that never happened.

Years
  • I have been having stressful dreams lately. Most of them are more mundane events like losing the house and having to move in with neighbors or relatives in uncomfortable living situations, or being back in higher school and not fitting in. However last night was really a scary dream. I had other unpleasant dreams in the night/ early morning, but this one was definitely the worst, and maybe the worst nightmare I have ever had, and I have been through some doozies.

I dreamed that I was being held in a basement by cannibals. There was an evil woman who would come down the stairs in the dark and frighten me. She'd put a knife to my neck as if she was going to slit my throat, but only make little, non-fatal cuts to torture me. She would put cuts all over my body, make several incisions on my arms, and whisper into my ear, taunt me. I never knew when my death was going to come. Each time she would make it like that was the moment, watch me sweat, and draw out the psychological torment longer.

She was moving to cut my face, and had her knife right at my eye to gauge it out. Somehow I found the strength to overpower her, grab her hand and wrestle the knife out of it. And I took her knife from her, and slashed her across the hand. I think I stabbed her in the chest to, but it isn't fatal. She has other killers in the residence with her who are coming, and I bolt out the door and escape from the house, running down the road for my life.

I end up fleeing to a farm, and I hide with the livestock. There are some men there transacting business, but I don't trust them. The lady who was torturing me shows up there, and I am scared that the farmers could all be in on it, working with them. I worry that I will be discovered and taken back to the torture house.

That's all I can remember, thankfully.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I've been having reoccurring dreams about car accidents again. Interspersed with absolute nonsense in between. Hopefully I'll have something epic to include in my next post.

Years
  • What's your most recent dream (or nightmare)?

I had the use of magic in my dreams again last night for the past 3 nights also I had this week. I was at a school or near people showing off my skills being rated on them I think. Most my magic I was my She-wolf self meaning I was extra powerful since wolves are my spirit animal and I have a strong connection with them since I was a little girl.

All my dreams I was by or close around other people sometimes fighting them since they turned into bad guys trying to hurt me. Others times they were very weird/creepy and it scared me so I tried escaping them by hiding or running far away to other places in my dream.

I'm a very spiritual person so I'm still trying to figure out the meaning behind my dreams of people and magic use. I do own dream work and figure stuff out my dreams meaning if I need to work on, fix or let go of something. This dreamI had this night was actually the most calmest which was nice.

Have any recurring dreams?

No but people, md using magic and being my She-wolf self not a werewolf ( It's hard go explain apologies. ) was recurring for 3 days this week this day brings the 3rd day.

Remember any childhood nightmares?

None

What's one of your favorite dreams you've ever had?

I written a poem about it below.
    Spoiler:

Do you have the ability to lucid dream?

I don't know maybe on extremely rare occasions. I suffer from Chronic Nightmares due to having C-PTSD so I barely to don't really get good or pleasenr dreams sadly.

Years
    • Seen today
    I dreamed Chef Gordon Ramsey was feeding me through the TV

One of those things I woke up from and thought "Wow I wish that would have been real".

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Jfc, I actually had a dream about banning spam bots from the forum and removing their posts. (oT-T)尸

Years
  • I've been having more dreams of me being my She-wolf self lately. I wonder what my dreams are meaning and trying to tell me.. hm.. I'm getting closer to finding out the meaning symbolism behind them doing my Dream Work.

Years
  • I had a doozy of a bad dream last night.

I dreamed that people tried to kill me...again. I was staying in a old apartment that in reality I no longer live in, but in the dream I did. I was getting ready to slip into a warm bath, when waves of bullets came through the walls. I ducked down on the floor, stayed low to the ground and did an army crawl out of the way straight out of the 2nd Godfather movie. I made my way into the hall.

This hit job would have been done with high power weapons like submachine guns.

Eventually the fire ceased, I suppose they figured I was dead.

Bullets had been sprayed everywhere. The walls of the living room were riddled, and a lot of items were shot and broken. Some people came into my room, and I was afraid, but this time it was the manager of the apartment and the police, and I was relieved. They were there to see if there were any survivors.

I think it was the mafia trying to kill me, so that I couldn't testify in court. The police were going to move me somewhere else, where I would be safe as a witness. I was worried that I wasn't far away enough, and the criminals would try again to assassinate me. In the dream I was just being moved to another apartment on a higher floor. I also have a maid in the dream who is coming with me--I don't in real life.

So I was relocated to a different room in my dream. My loved ones had been placed here too for their protection, and we would ideally all be safe in this place. My mom was there and my dog. I didn't feel safe though.

At the time I stopped dreaming nothing bad had happened yet, but my heart is still pounding from the nightmare.

Last edited:
    Years
  • the last dream i vaguely remember having was from when i was fresh off of watching the hunger games trilogy a few weeks ago (yeah i rarely get dreams these days anymore and i don't know why).

a couple friends and i were in a sort of survival scenario, trying to escape some massive dilapidated building of sorts. we climbed some flights of stairs and reached an old little library. before anyone could catch their breath, some huge 'roided up brute smashed his way through one of the walls and presented himself as "the next challenge" or something. i was apparently too exhausted to take him on, so one of my friends suggested to jump out of the window (?) and call for help while they fight off the beastly enemy. so i do so, now wondering why we didn't just do that from the beginning lmao. the last thing i remember doing was landing safely down a New York street and running towards an alleyway to a parking lot of sorts. the building i came from was near pitch black, but apparently it was reaally bright and sunny out. i have no idea what happened after, but eh i couldn't care less to know :p

Years
  • I've been having wolves, werewolf or me as my She-wolf self in all my dreams these past week and a half. I felt in full control, powerful and strong not afraid of anything going on in my dreams if I had to fight someone, people or survive and help others due to monsters coming out in the world causing problems. Even sometimes just in general doing random things if I was at a store, at school or outdoors near neighborhoods and farm land you see in Eroupe.

Last night The last part of my dream I remembered I was out in the wilderness high up sky view in a way looking at everything, near a curvey road, huge 2 peaks of mountains, lots of tall trees a forest that went on forever some places, a lake I think it was in the middle as well. I was by the edge of the lake facing all the forests, lake and mountains areas looking at how beautifu land most peacefulit was. Now back on the ground then a huge grey wolf took me there on its back than ran of somewhere maybe back in the forest. I saw myself get off the grey wolf like it was first person looking at myself from a distance.

Afterwards I layed down after looking at the scenery infront of me towards the blue sky, sun out and big white puffy clouds passing by. Another moment later it was dark night time out stars out shining bright and I think the moon was out too somewhere on the side. I then noticed letters the stars turned into, I saw a B then 3 letters REE after a moment again it gose all black and fades out I was watching all this on a huge movie theater screen and woke up in real life.

I was amazed how cool, peaceful and pleasant the end of my dream was I got curious and looked up the word Bree a name a coarse and it meaning: " strength or exalted one " in Irish. Then looked it up in name generator I use to still trying to figure out what names are compatible with my numberogly life path number 3. When I typed Bree in it was compatible. I laughed out loud and was shocked my prayers been answered for what I bealive in and I think I finally found my true name I'll use as well. For a while even before joining PC I was searching for my name, I did found some compatible but It wasn't given as a sign to me like this name was. I'm amazed and honored my spirit guides, animals, ancestors and the divine I bealive in gave me this sysmbolim sign and gave me my name as well.

Strength the word itself always held dear to me since I overcame so many hardships in my life I found the strength somehow to overcome them. Also how strong of a women I am now on my journey of healing and better myself for 5 years now. Lastly everyone who hears my life's story notices I'm so strong and have a lot of strength inside me. So I think I was given a sign, my prayers answered today to use this name and it my true name. My apologies if your not spiritual or bealive in this kinds of stuff but I do and things I can't explain actually saved me a lot throughout my whole life in some mysterious way. So please I wish not to debate on my beliefs with anyone, thank you.

Years
  • I had a series of difficult dreams last night and this morning.

In one my family was being held hostage at my grandmother's house. Some maniac had my mother, aunt, uncle, cousins and me. I manage to get a message to the police, I have to be careful because if the criminals see they'll kill us. Though I have secretly phoned the police, for some reason the only officers who can respond are all the way Japan! That's dream logic for you.

I am also having trouble giving them the address of where to find us, and nobody can tell me either, even though I have known this street since childhood and and everyone in my family would too. This is probably because processing small numbers and reading is a function of the right side of the brain, and when we dream it's the left side of our brain that's active. People often have trouble counting, dialing numbers and reading and writing texts in dreams.

When I can't tell the police where we are they ask for a landmark so they can find us. My mom tells them it's the house by the church. I whisper this information to the police.

Somehow the police do get there-- all the way from Japan. I see from the window driving around the neighborhood lost, and I call out to them at risk of my life, and we do get rescued by some female police officers, and the culprit arrested.

That dream wouldn't be so bad, but there were other dreams. I had another dream, and in this one I was walking down the street home one evening, but I was in a major city like the capitol, and I could see all sorts of buildings. Lots of people strolling around downtown. Then all of sudden there was smoke everywhere. There was a big impact in the city like a bomb going off. It was an explosion, and the path of destruction kept growing bigger and bigger. I started running, others were running for their lives too. I saw people off in the distance being swallowed up in flames as the mysterious disaster spread, though people were trying to get away they were turning to ash. Then I was lost in a fog, and woke myself up because I knew I was about to die too.

There were other dreams too after that, and they weren't pleasant to live through. This was the worst by far though.

Years
  • most recent dream: i had a lot last night. first, the driving a tiny car dream. in this treat, i drove a tiny car with some other people. second: pokemon event dream. it was a normal day, i was playing pokemon let's go eevee, and there was an extra gym leader. ok, yeah, dreams do make stuff weird, like adding stuff to other stuff. but then, i downloaded an event for the game. that event made me have the 3rd dream: the ghost button dream. this one was a dream where i had this button called the ghost button that if i pressed it, it would make me invisible. but if you talked while being invisible, everyone would hear you. then, the 4th dream: the going to the bathroom in school dream. in this dream i was in a school and i had to go to the bathroom reeeeeally badly. so in the dream, i did! then there was just unlimited toilet paper in the school. it was weird.

recurring dreams: none, at least i don't think i have any

remembered childhood nightmares: i don't remember any

favorite dreams: the pokemon event/ghost button dream, the one lucid dream i had/remembered

can i lucid dream?: i only did it once

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    So this one just makes me mad:

I was in a "relationship mobile", if you can call it that. Basically, a thing where couples can do stuff in that couples usually do. I even had a partner. And she quickly left me and joined a different couple.

So, not only was this the closest I ever got to having a relationship; this dream actually had the audacity to leave me abandoned! D:

CiCi

[font=Satisfy]Obsession: Watanuki Kimihiro and Izu
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Wow, I love how active this club has been in spite of my absence! I wish I had something to contribute that's recent, but the only dream I can really remember having was one I had in my first trimester.

I dreamt that I was being chased by people who wanted my baby, and that one was a demon who simply wanted the baby's soul. When she touched me, I had extreme pain in my stomach, and started bleeding profusely. So I ran, frantic screaming and crying, out of the house and into this weird Victorian-style landscape where it felt like the buildings were curving in around me and blotting out the sky.

I made it to a church and ran inside, crying out for help. There were three people there, one clearly a priest and the other a nun, whereas the last I don't remember too well now. They walked into a back room and returned rather quickly with knives in their hands. As I lay there, bleeding and in immense pain, they surrounded me, cackling as their faces contorted and they drew closer, knives in hand.

Then I woke up. I've luckily not had many stupid pregnancy dreams, and recently I've been so exhausted in life that I haven't been able to remember my dreams, and they're usually pretty mundane.

CiCi

[font=Satisfy]Obsession: Watanuki Kimihiro and Izu
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Had a dream the other night that stuck out to me which is probably indicative of my current mental health. Basically involved me in the shower when the baby half-came-out, looking like a freaky grey gremlin grinning maliciously at me. I can't even begin to describe the pain and panic I was in, nor the throat-shredding screech for my husband to help me.

I think I'd rather go back to my mundane dreams. I've been plagued with nightmares for the past week, or worse dreams about my Briggs being back with me only to wake up and realize that real life is the nightmare. Either way, I've been avoiding sleep until I can't keep my eyes open anymore, just so I don't have to go through these dreams. God I miss when my dreams were all strange and whimsical or me turning into animals or something cool...

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    I had a dream where a really good friend of mine seemed to have a really rough time. They wanted to tell me but made me go through a bunch of hoops in order to be extra save. I actually played along but didn't get to know what's up before I woke up.

First time for me having a dream like this. Worst part is, though: this person actually does seem to have a really rough time right now. And they are being very secretive about it.

Years
  • I fee like such a geek.

I keep dreaming that I have library books and videos I checked out, but forgot I had borrowed, only to remember months later, so I have this huge bill. Also having recurring dreams that I am back in school, and realize at the end of semester that there was a class that I didn't realize I had, and it's the end of the year, but I haven't attended any of the classes, and am worried about my grade.

At least these little anxiety dreams aren't haunting nightmares or anything, I think we all have those kinds of dreams about little set backs.

Years
  • Had an interesting dream last night! To set the scene a bit, there is a certain strain of weed that gives me pretty vivd dreams and the shop by my place just got it restocked so I got some and partook last night before bed.

I had a dream I was on a private jet with Willie Nelson and one of my dogs and we were just traveling around. My dog was getting annoyed though because we kept putting him in with the luggage when we were flying.

Eventually we ended up... in the basement of my friends house from high school? Only it wasn't really their basement but it was located in their basement? (Woah)

I can't quite remember the finer details but towards the ends of the dreams, they always start to feel like an acid trip but they are really fun and I am semi lucid in them.

Back