• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
Years
Maxwell Leggingsteele
Academy Grounds ---> Oak Town
------------------------------

Quillie gave off a smug smile as his Will-O-Wisp made contact with the Joltik, thus burning her. This was going great! Finally he could just sit back and kick some a**! This little bug had NO chance of winning, and he was gonna' shove that fact in her face.

While his Pokémon was confident in winning this, Maxwell was vary. He knew that Joltik was an Electric-type as well, meaning that it could use an array of moves, including Thuder Wave. Just about every Electric-type had this very annoying and crippling move in its moveset, and so did this Joltik.

The yellow, crackling wave rippled through the air and quickly made contact with Quillie. The Fire-type ursed loudly as he felt th muscles in his legs contract, this was severly going to halt his movement for the rest of this battle.

Now the Quilava was starting to get mad, first that damn Thunder Wave and now this?! NO. That Joltik was not gonna snatch away his victory!

Maxwell knew that he was in a bind here. The Thunder Wave had paralyzed Quillie, restricting his movements and after that came Electroweb, a move that would restrict his speed even more. Something had to be done. There was one thing, but it was really risky, but something had to be done fast! Maxwell decided to take a gamble,

"Quillie - Eruption!" he exclaimed.

Quillie looked up at Spider, he gritted his teeth and opened his mouth wide. A small, red orb of energy started to form in there. It grew bigger and bigger until it was about the size of a football. As it grew, more sweatdrops started to appear on Quillie's forehead, he almost couldn't contain it any longer...

With a heavy exhale, The Quilava sent the orb slightly faltering throught the air towards the Joltik. His Eruption was no where near what it should look like, this was more of a beta-form of what would eventually be his strongest move. But for now, it was pretty risky to use it like this as it could either hit the Joltik or explode in mid-air, thus hurting both of the battlers.

Last edited:

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
Years
Isaac Deladius
Academy grounds: SQUISH!
"It was kind of implied. As I said I could care less. It doesn't matter about how a battle starts. Only how the trainers end it." Isaac said rolling his eyes.

Raizer headed back towards Isaac's side of the field. He made sure to show of his flaming mane as he trotted back.

"Qui qui ava vaa valav" (I hope you know what you're getting into squishy.) Raizer taunted.

The gray quilava blasted a few blue embers into the sky, and they expoded into sparks on the way down. This battle was going to be almost all for show.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
XYLOPHONE
12.png
239.png
240.png
130.png

→ open plains

When Xylophone had put a decent distance between himself and the Oak Town, he was walking on a non-asphalted road over open plains. He could see some trees and bushes here and where, and hills made the landscape wavy. Pokémon herds grazed here and there. But he paid them no attention right now.

"Gyarados, come out!" he said and opened up his most lately filled pokéball.

The giant sea snake emerged and blinked in the afternoon sunlight. It seemed to enjoy the gentle breeze that swept over the fields. Not wasting time, Xylo sent out his three other pokémon as well. Monk, Duke and Princess took shape and looked up at him for orders.

"Now we have to... establish some kind of... well, we have to tame this pokémon," he said to them pointing at Gyarados.

They all turned to look at the bigger pokémon. Princess went happy immediately and fluttered up to greet it. They smiled at each other and Xylo was puzzled. How come he accepted her, the pokémon who had battled him, but not his own trainer?

'No problem,' Duke said and walked up to Gyarados, knocking on its scales. 'Hi you! You look strong, but I bet you can't take me on in a battle!'

Monk facepalmed, which Xylo noticed. "What! What did he just say?" he asked his Magby, who motioned for his trainer to take some steps back. "Oh, no, he didn't just..."

The flash of a Shock Wave attack in the corner of his eye confirmed his suspicions. "Stupid Duke," he muttered under his breath. But Duke wasn't completely stupid, even if it often seemed that way. Maybe the Elekid had some good idea.

The Shock Wave, naturally, hit its target and made it scream. Duke was more well trained than this almost wild pokémon and used a very effective move on it. But the Gyarados rose up again quickly and begun a Thrash attack. It squirmed - unbelievably fast - towards the Elekid on the field and slammed its tail around, forcing Duke to jump and roll in order to avoid getting squashed. Soon, it overwhelmed him though, and the large tail slammed him to the ground. In order to defend itself, Duke put up a Light Screen when the Gyarados took away its tail and came in from another attack. Unfortunately, the attack was Bite. The large head went straight through the Light Screen and bit down with dark energy on the poor pokémon on the ground.

"Stop!" Xylo called out. Princess did the same, pretty much flailing around in the air above her trainer's head. Monk thoughtfully watched.

As the Gyarados finally let go, Duke still had his consciousness left. Barely. 'You... are pretty strong,' he said with a smile, surprising the Gyarados. 'It'll be awesome to have you as a teammate!' Then he fainted.

Xylo ran up to him and saw that he was ok though injured. He returned the pokémon to its pokéball and then quickly ran back to where Monk was standing, in case the Gyarados was thinking of attacking him next. But the sea monster seemed to be lost in thought for the moment.

'I will battle you as well,' Monk suddenly proclaimed and stepped forward. Xylo understood him.

"Not you too!"

Monk gave him a look that said 'I know what I'm doing now,' so Xylo gave up and let him.

The Magby threw itself into the battle immediately, by blowing out a Smokescreen that shielded them from view. Gyarados roared in annoyance and started flailing, when suddenly a stream of fire came from nowhere and enveloped him in a Fire Spin. It burned him and burned fiercely, only decreasing its intensity marginally over time.

'You have much raw power,' Monk's voice came from the gray smoke surrounding him. Gyarados became wary and tried to see through the spinning fire and the smoke. It was hard. 'But do you have a clever enough mind to deserve being my teammate?' the Magby went on, this time from another direction. The little pokémon was circling him, Gyarados thought. So if he...

He used Splash. That move did nothing, at least not normally. But now, the wild and arched movements he used made the Smokescreen flutter away and the Fire Spin subside somewhat faster. He could soon spot the Magby standing in front of him with a grin.

'Not bad.'

Then Monk fired a Flamethrower at Gyarados, but not straight at it. Instead, he fueled the Fire Spin! It flamed up again and moved in closer to the sea dragon, making it squeal from the heat. This was... not... pleasant. He wanted to fire as well. To fire something... some attack!

He opened his mouth and what erupted was a blue, sparkling beam of energy. It surprised Monk, who didn't have time to jump aside before the beam hit him and hurt him. The Fire Spin subsided and Gyarados felt fired up in a different way. He fixed his gaze on the Magby and started a Thrash attack again, swinging his head and tail around forcefully. Monk used Double Team, however, and Gyarados kept missing the right copy.

'You'll have to be smarter than that to get to me!' he laughed.

Gyarados grunted, then slammed down hard in the ground right in front of the Magby. Monk fell backwards and Gyarados took his chance to lunge forward and bite down hard on the other pokémon's tail.

'I YIELD!' Monk screamed and Gyarados immediately stopped.

Xylo ran up to his fire pokémon and found that it wasn't very damaged. Then he remembered. "You really don't like when someone touches your tail, do you? We'll have to work on that."

Monk pouted, but Xylo sent him back into the pokéball to rest anyways. Then he looked nervously up at Gyarados, and then at Princess. "Now what, you're going to have a go too?"

Princess shook her head with a smile. She just flew up to Gyarados' head and looked as if she was trying to say something to Xylo by gesturing between them. Somehow, Xylo understood.

"I should nickname him, shouldn't I?" he said, a bit hesitantly. "Let's see... Duke, Monk and Princess. King is what another pokémon I know of is called ((OOC: Leafeon in Arcanum 8D)) so your name will be..." He looked into the eyes of the Gyarados. "Gale."

Gale replied to that by roaring at Xylo with a dangerous face. Xylo yelped and immediately sent Gale back into his pokéball. "He still doesn't like me, does he?" he then asked Princess, who shook her head. "Well, at least he likes you guys. That's a start."

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Lucia Francisco Bernavard
Power Plant​

"Well girls I have eyes for one pokemon. so if you see any Electrikes just tell me." Jack said. Lucia smiled, "Sure thing Jack. Let's see." Lucia pulled out Diana's pokeball and released the Aron. She kneeled down and smiled at her, "Alright Diana we're going to be fighting some electric types here. They can still damage you, but this will be a good battleground to start training you. You up for that?"

The Aron let out an excited cry and Lucia smiled, "Alright then. First off, you have to learn to listen to my orders. I am a trainer, I know exactly what I am doing. You have to trust me, okay?"

The Aron seemed hesitant to answer, that is until Roberto spoke up. "Diana, if you want to become as strong as I you need to learn to trust Lucia. She knows what she's doing. Just let her direct your movements and in no time you'll be as good as I."

The Aron thought about if for a moment, then she nodded, "Alright, I'm in."

Lucia saw the nod and smiled, "Great. Now, come on. We'll find some opponents to battle."

Lucia saw that Danielle and Jack had already walked off so she decided to head her own way as well. At first she heard the sound of small footsteps which caused Lucia to stop. Just around the corner a Pichu stepped out and looked over at the group with a curious expression. Lucia grinned, "A Pichu! A good first battle. Diana, front and center!"

The Aron ran in front of Lucia and glared down her adversary. "Alright, Diana, use Mud-Slap!" Diana picked up some stray dirt and flung it right at the Pichu. The Electric mouse cried out as it hastily began to wipe away the gunk from its eyes. "Great! Now go in for a Headbutt!"

Diana ran right up to the Pichu and slammed into it with her head. The Pichu didn't get flung away. Instead it grabbed hold of Diana's head as the Aron shook her head frantically to shake the mouse off. The Pichu sent out a pink heart that hit into Diana and it quickly scurried away giggling. "Diana, hit it with a Mud-Slap!" Diana stumbled about before she attacked one of the walls with the move. Lucia frowned, it seemed that Diana was confused. The Pichu took the opportunity to fire off a ThunderShock that caused Diana to cry out in pain. Diana shook her head as the confusion wore off thanks to that bolt of lightning. Lucia frowned, "Alright, Diana, go in full force with Mud-Slap!"

Diana followed the orders and began to splash more mud at the little Pichu twisted away as its body was becoming covered in the dirt. The Pichu tried to fire off another Sweet Kiss but the move missed thanks to the Mud-Slaps and it didn't take much more for the little electric-type to pass out.

Lucia nodded, "Good work Diana. Just follow my orders and we'll all be good."

Pkmn Trainer Butthead

Proto (Not the *****)
Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015

Rory Blake Johnson
dratini.png
Spr_4p_133.png
259-frame1.png

Rory entered the Pokemon Centre and looked around with boredom, searching for his guide. While viewing the small centre, but was then approached by a lady who seemingly loves her job way too much.

" Hello, my name is Melanie, I am your guide," Melanie said in a cheerful tone.

Melanie, what a odd name, Rory thought to himself. Rory nodded and followed Melanie outside of the Pokemon Center.

" Here you are, Oak Town, where most supplies, food and people can be found. If you want to find a battle outside of the Academy, here is the go-to place," Melanie addressed.

Rory nodded in approval.

" Up that road," Melanie begun while pointing towards the end of town,

" Is the way to the Academy."

Rory once again nodded.

" Come along, I will show you to the Academy, then you are free to go," Melanie explained.

Rory followed Melanie out of Oak Town and towards the Academy. On one side of the path, Rory was treated to a large Ocean-vista, and on the other side there was spectacular views of fields, forests and Mountains in the distance. Rory breathed in relief. He wouldn't mind this place. However, Melanie was a different story. Melanie was spewing useless blabber to Rory that Rory did not particularly care for, and was more irritated by the chit-chat than interested in it. Rory just kept quietly walking along, viewing the local landscape. After an half hour walk, enough for Rory to feel a slight irritation in in feet, was standing directly in front of the Academy.

" Here we are," Melanie exclaimed, in a tone that was much too excited and perky for Rory.

Rory followed as Melanie showed Rory the school, giving Rory an annoying history lesson while continuing her mindless chatter. Rory sighed in relief when he saw the Suicune Dorm.

" Well, here we go," Melanie cheerfully said,

" Suicune Dorm, your new home."

Rory nodded, shook Melanie's hand and entered the Dorm Room. Rory saw a piece of paper on the lobby table. Rory picked it up and read it.

Rory Blake Johnson, to arrive today.

Rory put the piece of paper on the table, and found an empty room. Rory put the suitcase on the bedroom floor. Rory looked around and saw a single-sized bed, a dresser, and a table. Rory grabbed a key off the table, which like the rest of the furniture, was quite quaint. Rory placed his suitcase on the dresser, and opened it. Rory grabbed his three Pokeballs, which contained a Dratini, Eevee and a Marshtomp. Rory also grabbed a couple of empty Pokeballs, to catch other Pokemon with. Rory closed his suitcase, and exited his bedroom. Rory locked the room, and headed outside.

Rory saw some mountains, and thought, Up there would be a good place to start mapping this place. Mapping was Rory's hobby, and he liked to map new areas. Rory began heading towards the Mountain, steering clear of the forests. After a walking for a while, Rory found the base of a Mountain. Rory began climbing it, and found the start of the climb to be easy. Rory saw some Pokemon, not paying any attention to them. Rory climbed up onto a small path, which would lead him higher up. Rory began scaling the thin, edgy path until his path was blocked by a (Snorlax) Diglett. Rory, seeing no other way up, made his mind to battle the Diglett. Rory pulled out the Pokeball that contained Marshtomp and exclaimed,

"Go! Marshtomp!"

Marshtomp exited the Pokeball and was ready to fight. Marshtomp was waiting to make a move, but Diglett move first. Diglett used magnitude, from what Rory could tell, was Magnitude five. The ground shook, causing some damage to Marshtomp, but a chunk of the path fell off, making this battle tougher.

" Marshtomp, use Water Gun," Rory ordered.

Marshtomp shot a volley of water at the Diglett, weakening it severly. Diglett swerved a little, then collapsed back into its hole. Feeling the victory, Rory and Marshtomp moved forward. Rory gave Marshtomp a pat, which Marshtomp replied with a happy yelp. Rory found more ground on the mountain, and saw a Machop sitting down on a rock. Machop saw Marshtomp and moved forward. The two Pokemon stood nearby each other, ready for a fight.

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
Alice Crenshaw
Academy Grounds

"Squishy? You're going down!" Chuck said, angered by the Quilava's taunts.

Alice's legs were shaking as she stared blankly at the battlefield. What could she do? It was her first trainer battle, and she was not sure what to do. She felt like...like...back at the swamp, when she caught Chuck! She closed her eyes and focused on a move that Grimer used against Jello.

"Chuck, use, um..." she said, "Sludge Wave!"

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years

Roxas Jaden Asakura - Power Plant

Roxas was now at Power Plant and walked around with Jaden on his shoulder and Obilivio by his side, Luna was currently having her beauty sleep.

It didn't take long when he passed a group of battling trainers, a girl with a Zorua and a Poochyena by her side and a Boy with a Gligar. He didn't pay too much attention to them and walked futher. Obilivio didn't walk futher though, he was looking at the girl. '...Ruby...?' He mumbled, did he knew the girl?

'What's wrong, Obilivio?' Roxas walked back to Obilivio and catched him staring at the girl. 'Yeah, i know, she really cute, but we don't have time to watch the battle.' Roxas said. 'That's not it... That girl, she's the girl that can understand Pokemon.' Obilivio pointed at her. 'She can? Woa, that's cool!' Roxas took a look at her. 'You don't get it? She could be a weapon to team rocket... She could make Legendary pokemon trust her.' Obilivio explained, but Roxas didn't listen.

'Well, let's go futher now.' Roxas said to him. Obilivio sighed and followed. Jaden was just being quiet and looking around. 'Pika pik!' He cheerfully said.

They passed another battle. 'It's busy today...' Roxas commented. The boy had a Quilava and seemed to be winning, but the girl...

Roxas was watching the battle, the girl really looked unconfident. 'What is wrong with her...?' Roxas asked Obilivio. 'Well, i think she's unconfident, why?' Obilivio answered him. '....' Roxas kept paying attention.

Last edited:

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
Years
"Raizer handle this." Isaac said non-chalontly.

Raizer fortified himself and took the attack. The wave of ooze crashed into him, but just flowed on by dealing little damage. The quilava hissed laughter, and took a few steps closer to Chuck.

"Qui he eh he" (Come on Squishy. Try that again.) Raizer laughed.

Raizer launched a couple of embers in the vague direction of Chuck to scare him.

"Qui lava" (Make this worth my time.) Raizer joked.

This pokemon was just too easy to screw with. Raizer could possibly win just by getting Chuck enraged. Temper was easily one of his enemies greatest weaknesses.

"Lavvv avav ahahaha" (Let's speed this up aha ha) Raizer roared.

Instantly he unleashed a barrage of embers that hised and sizzled on impact.

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
Alice Crenshaw
Academy Grounds

Alice held Jello tighter while watching the battle. Her upset Grimer was trying his best to dodge his opponent's Ember attacks, but was hit my many of them. Good golly, that Quilava was fast. The Entei dorm girl was speechless and now more nervous. She started to think that she shouldn't have accepted the challenge. She shook her head and tried to focus on the battle, and on what moves did her Grimer know.

Then, all of a sudden, she had an idea.

"Chuck, Minimize!" she said, "Then, um, Poison Gas!"

Hopefully that would help the inexperienced Trainer a little bit.

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Rosalyn Smith

Rosalyn smiled and nodded after he got his Pokemon. "okay" she said smiling more as they left the Pokemon center heading toward the beach. "thanks for coming with me, it's great to hang out with a friend, and you never know Jimmy you might find a Pokemon you want to catch" she said as they walked thinking about how she wanted to find and catch one of her favorite Pokemon, a Horsea. After all she hadn't done that much after class other than paint, and she had her art supplies in her bag if she decided to draw at some point. The beach could prove to be a great inspiration for her to draw something.

Kid Mind

In SPACE!
Years
After he had watched the battle for a while, Oscar had packed up his stuff and started to go around the academy ground. After all, he wasn't going to stay on that bench the rest of the day and Oak Town sounded like an interesting town to check out, especially since that TM shop was there. Though it seemed that evening was approaching...maybe he should go back to his dorm room?

His thoughts were interrupted by a sudden sound, and when he turned to check where the sound came from, he saw a Munchlax that was in the process of devouring a big bunch of berries from the berry bush next to it. Shrugging, Oscar motioned for Flora to take place in front of the big eater Pokémon. He hadn't planned to catch a Pokemon today, but it was basically just standing there so why not? Putting the egg case down next to him, the boy called out for an attack. ''Alright Flora, try a Razor Leaf!''

The Oddish spun her head along with the leaves on top around before she released a few sharp leaves towards the Munchlax. Still busy eating, it was taken by surprise and was pushed back from the sudden attack. Being quick to pick itself up, the Pokemon took a fighting stance and retaliated by waggling its finger, and after a few seconds, it ran forward with surprising speed and gave Flora an Ice Punch right to the face, causing her to fly upward before landing hard on the ground. That was not good...that Pokemon was obviously more powerful than it looked.

''Flora, are you okay?'' Flora slowly stood up, the ice attack had clearly done a bunch of damage. ''Try Sleep Powder!'' With a quick nod, the grass Pokemon leaned forward, a light blue powder slowly emerging from her leaves towards the Munchlax. Apparently, the attack was new to it, since the Munchlax held its ground and curiously smelled the powder, followed by promptly falling asleep. Oscar, who saw his chance, quickly pulled out a special Pokeball, a Luxary Ball, and threw it at the Munchlax. It hit its target and shook one...twice...before it made a ding sound, signalizing a successful capture.

''Great work Flora!'' Smiling brightly to the grass Pokemon, who was currently doing a small cheering dance, he went over to the ball and picked it up. Just as he was about to throw it and release Munchlax, he was distracted by Flora suddenly starting to glow..

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
Jimmy Vincent
Pokémon Center -> Beach

Jimmy shrugged as he walked next to Rosalyn. "Humph, yeah." he said about what his friend said. "Whatever."

He then started thinking that he was forgetting something. He glanced at the crimson-headed baby dragon walking by his side and realised. Smokey! He was still inside the Pokéball! He reached into his belt and sent him out without saying a word. The Koffing, glad to be back outside and healed, smiled. Without knowing he was blowing some smoke, but this time it actually smelled good and wasn't toxic.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Lucia Francisco Bernavard
Power Plant​

As Lucia walked around the abandoned area she saw many more electric pokemon wandering around, but unlike the Pichu they didn't seem to mind her walking around. In fact most of them ran away when they saw her. Lucia looked around as she went but she couldn't find any electikes. Lucia sighed, "This is going to be harder than I thought." She muttered to herself as she cast another glance around before she moved on. As she walked she started to pick up the sounds of a battle. Frowning she walked on until she caught sight of two other students battling it out. Well, apparently the power plant was a place where the others would conduct battles. She would have to make a mental note about that. It seemed that a Quilava was beating down a Grimer. The Grimer's trainer looked insecure about the battle while the Quilava's trainer looked to be confident and ready for anything.

Lucia watched as the two continued to battle and as she turned away she saw another trainer with gold hair that also was watching the battle. He had a Pikachu on his shoulder and a Lucario next to him. She walked up to him, "Quite a one sided battle isn't it?" She asked him.

Diana eagerly ran up to the Lucario and began to butt her head against his leg, "Hey! I want a battle now!" Lucia quickly walked over and scooped up the Aron. "Sorry about that, she's always very eager." Lucia held out her hand, "I'm new to the school, just got here today. My name is Lucia Francisco Bernavard. You've just met Diana, and this is my bodyguard, Roberto." The Scizor was right behind Lucia and was looking the boy up and down, obviously checking to see if he had any weapons on his person.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years

Danielle Accola - Abandoned Power Plant

"Pachi Pachi Pachi Pachiiii!" The Pachirisu cried at Danielle and Mienfoo. It jumped on top of the power plant's furniture, ready to attack Mienfoo. Mienfoo growled. His palms sparked a bit...tempted to use either a Swift attack or a Focus Blast.

The Pachirisu jumped up towards Mienfoo, and started to become surrounded by electricity. Danielle figured that the pokemon was using a Spark attack. The Pachirisu was so quick, Mienfoo didn't get a chance to prepare for his attack. Danielle wasn't quick enough to tell him. Pachirisu gave Mienfoo the blow, and Mienfoo was instantly zapped. Mienfoo flew back and fell on his back. Hesitant to get up.

"Pachi Pachi Pachiii!" The Pachirisu cried at Mienfoo.

"Mienfoo!" Mienfoo got back up to his feet. It was up to Danielle to command him to attack.

"You okay, Mienfoo?"

Mienfoo nodded. "Foo!"

"Use doubleslap! Now!" Danielle shouted.

The Pachirisu was quick to respond to Mienfoo's movements. It got closer, and used Quick Attack on Mienfoo. Mienfoo's doubleslap was no match for the quick attack. He then again, fell onto the floor.

"Wow, that Pachirisu is quick." Danielle said. She saw Mienfoo on the floor still, but quickly he got up. "Mienfoo, are you still able to fight?"

"Mienfoo Mienfooooo!" Mienfoo replied, trying to remind her of "one attack, then do the rest later." Mienfoo wanted to listen to Danielle, but with two attack blows and no chance of attacking in return, it was time for Mienfoo to go tough on Pachirisu.

Danielle figured out what Mienfoo meant, and decided to go tough on Pachirisu as well. "Mienfoo, when I count to three....use Focus Blast. Okay?"

Mienfoo nodded. His palms facing each other, prepared to form a ball of energy. He wanted to do it quick, and blast it right at Pachirisu before it could either quick attack him, or spark. The adrenaline and the intensity between them was at its highest.

Danielle counted to two, and Pachirisu quickly started to move. She couldn't reach three. Mienfoo went ahead and formed the ball of energy and aimed it right at Pachirisu. A flash of white and smoke flew around. It was unknown if Pachirisu did get the blow, or Mienfoo received his own blow. Danielle got closer to the area where they battled. She held on to a great ball on her left hand, prepared to catch the Pachirisu.

"Mienfoo?" She called out then coughed. "Tell me you're okay!"​

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
Lincoln West

Lincoln left the rooms he shared with his father, his first empty pokeball in hand. The conversation had been... he wanted to consider it interesting, or inspirational, but really it was just... lame. Flat out lame. And it blew. Like, chunks.

His pops had told him he wouldn't get any pokeballs unless he proved himself each time. He had to convince his dad that he deserved more pokemon, and winning his first battle was just the first test! And as for TM's, he would only get one for each pokemon he caught from now on. Sure, it'd be good to prove himself or whatever, but really he just wanted more pokemon...

Well, there was nothing he could do about it, so he just shrugged and attached the empty pokeball to his belt, heading towards the pokemon center in the Academy. Once there he handed over Jackson and Bixi's pokeballs to the nurse for healing and feeding, rummaging around the bottom of his bag while they were being cared for. Finding what he wanted he shoved the confections into his pocket.

Once his pokemon were returned Lincoln thanked the nurse, flashing her a winning smile, and headed off once again. It felt like all he'd done today was go back and forth, round and round, but it was all for the benefit of his pokemon. And with any luck he would soon have a new addition to his team. Once he was out of the Academy building he released both Jackson, his Shieldon, and Bixi, his Tirtouga, from their pokeballs and dropped down to rest on his haunches in front of them.

"Hey guys. How we doin'?"

Both pokemon responded with cheery cries after their excellent treatment by the pokemon nurses. It was good to see them in such high spirits.

"Well, I just wanted to say you've both, like, been doin' a great job y'know? So I wanted to give you these."

Reaching into his pocket he took out the two sweets, unwrapping them and holding one out in each hand for the two fossil pokemon. They sniffed them experimentally before quickly gobbling them down. As they chewed expressions of sheer delight came across their faces, both pokemon nuzzling up to his hands as they finished.

"Aww, c'mon! Leave out the smushy stuff!" He laughed, patting them both. "C'mon! We gotta go make a new friend, y'know?"

Standing up he recalled both pokemon back to their pokeballs and set off in the direction of the mountains. Time to catch a Geodude. Dude.

Nika Valentine

Nika's eyes widened behind her glasses as Maxwell's Quilava formed and fired off the Eruption attack, the mass of flame aimed towards Spider as she fell back towards the ground. There was nothing Nika could do but watch - there wasn't time to make a command that Spider could execute quickly enough, and there was no way to dodge.

The only issue was the Electroweb, still flying through the air towards Quilava. And the sparking thread was directly in the path of the Eruption attack.

Nika turned her back to the battlefield as the Eruption struck the Electroweb, resulting in an electrically charged explosion. She hunched over and protected the egg in her care with her own body, knowing there was nothing she could do for Spider.

Spider was blasted up and away by the force of the explosion, the combined power of both attacks instantly knocking out the miniscule pokemon. When it landed on the ground, so small it didn't even make a noise, it was out cold. That left Nika with only Eve the Larvesta left to use, with Stealth Rock waiting for her, and a double weakness to rock type moves.​

Pkmn Trainer Butthead

Proto (Not the *****)
Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015

Rory Blake Johnson - Mountain
url
133.png
259-frame1.png

Rory patiently watched as Marshtomp and Machop stared intensely at each other. Marshtomp growled in intimidation at Machop, followed by a stomp forward towards Machop. Machop kept its focus on Marshtomp, as the two stayed dead silent.

" Marshtomp, use Mud Shot," Rory ordered, breaking the violence.

Marshtomp generated a large amount of mud, which was shot at Machop. Machop slid back, then returned upright. Machop leaped forward and swung at Marshtomp, using a Karate Chop. The chop missed, Marshtomp rolled under Machop.

" Marshtomp, use Bite," was Rory's order.

Marshtomp jumped at Machop and bit, barely missing Machop. Machop responded with a Low Kick, which knocked Marshtomp off its feet. Marshtomp slowly got up.

" Marshtomp, use Mud Shot," Rory commanded.

Marshtomp shot a large amount of mud at the Machop, knocking it down and spitting it out near the cliff. Machop was definitely weakened, as it was struggling to get up. Rory grabbed one of the empty Pokeballs and threw it towards Machop. The Pokeball encompassed Machop, and began to shake. One shake, two shakes, three shakes four. The Pokeball locked, containing Machop. Marshtomp ran over to the ball and picked it up, returning it to Rory. Rory picked it up, and checked the information on Machop. Rory returned Marshtomp, and continued upwards. Rory reached another platform, this one high enough that Rory could map out the island. Rory let out his Pokemon out to play freely as Rory drew the outline of the island. Rory then marked Oak Town, the Academy, and the Power Plants. Rory marked out the forests, mountains, Volcanoes and Ice-fields. Once Rory was satisfied with his quick map drawing, he returned his Pokemon to their Pokeballs, ready for a hike down.

New Pokemon:

Species: Machop
Level: 20
Moves:
Karate Chop-Fire Punch
Focus Energy-Low Kick
Foresight-Leer

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
Years
"QUI HE HE!!!!" (You can't hide form me!!!!) Raizer roared!

Even as the poison gas surrounded him Raizer charged up his strongest attack. Flame Ace! A combo attack involving Flame Wheel and Aerial ace. It was super strong from being a fire type, and never missed. Nothing could beat it. No one could dodge it. Few could handle it.

"Beg for mercy!" Raizer shouted.

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
Alice Crenshaw
Academy Grounds

Alice watched in horror as the Quilava charged up an odd attack. She had seen many Pokémon use their moves, but she had never seen a move like that. What was that anyway? Chuck, meanwhile, turned briefly to take a look at his trainer. She looked horrified. Her legs were shaking, and she was hugging her purple Solosis tighter. When he turned around to see his opponent, his smily face acquired a more serious look. He then attacked with a Sludge attack, and hurled tons of poisonous sludge to his opponent, hoping that it could weaken it and make his trainer less tense.

Jello, in the meantime, was in the arms of his trainer, shaking like a leaf. If Chuck fell, which was likely to happen, he would be next.

Last edited:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years

Danielle Accola - Abandoned Power Plant

"Mienfoo! Mienfoo?" Danielle called to Mienfoo. There was smoke all around the area. She kept coughing while the smoke cleared up. As it did, she spotted both Mienfoo and the wild Pachirisu on the ground. Both were hesitant to stand up and fight more.

"Miiiiien...." Mienfoo murmured. He tried to stand up, but he felt weak. He took his own Focus Blast. Danielle approached to the two borderline-fainted Pokemon, with Mienfoo trying to stay away from the wild Pachirisu.

"Mienfoo, stay down. I think you had enough." Danielle said. "Just stay there, okay." She then faces the downed Pachirisu, who didn't received much damage as Mienfoo did. The Pachirisu was hesitant to get up, though it wasn't as weak. It was willing to battle more with Mienfoo. As it jumped up, it took a step forward, and fell. Danielle finally figured that it had enough.

Danielle kneeled down to the downed Pachirisu. "You remind me of a friend. He was always a pusher. He won't finish until he finished up his opponents. I miss him dearly. But your actions indeed remind me of him." She then smiled, and handed the Pachirisu an oran berry. "Mienfoo is the same, but you need to take it slow when it comes to battling."

"Pachi Pachi Pachi.." The pokemon took a bite of the berry and swallowed it. It felt a bit better. The Pachirisu smiled at Danielle, and gained a bit of confidence for her. It eyed the Great Ball on the floor.

"What are you seeing?" Danielle asked, as she grabbed the ball. "You want to join me?"

"Pachi Pachi!" The Pachirisu smiled.

"Before I declare you mine," Danielle said, "I want to don a nickname to you. From now on, I will call you Ozzy. Do you like that name?"

"Pachiii!" The Pachirisu, now named Ozzy, smiled and jumped happily.

Danielle aimed the ball at Ozzy and it opened. Ozzy flashed white and entered inside the ball. It shook on Danielle's left palm a few times, until it stopped. Danielle has officially captured her second Pokemon, a Pachirisu.

Mienfoo regained a bit of strength and stood up. Danielle turned back and approached him. She also has a ball for Mienfoo as well. "We need to take you to the Pokemon Center, Mienfoo. You look exhausted."

Mienfoo agreed. His palms were hurting badly. Danielle aimed the ball at Mienfoo, and a red beam was shot directly at him, returning him to the ball. As he returned, she stared at the ball. "You deserve a rest, I'm proud of you, buddy."

She sighed, and looked around the plant. She was the only one around. No sign of Lucia or Jack anywhere, nor any of Lucia's or Jack's Pokemon. Danielle went ahead of them and lost them. She needs to leave the plant and head over to the Pokemon Center, but her biggest worry is finding both Lucia and Jack, and hoping they are alright...​

Years
Jack Jacobs
Power Plant
vs Electrike

Jack sighed, just moments after his warnings about the area it seemed like Danielle and Lucia were both off on their own escapades. Blade continued to secure the area, pokemon scurried off when spotted but the eventual magenimite fluttered around Jack and Blade. "Watch your step carefully" Blade's words were no means taken by granted and Jack responded with a simple nod. "How bout a little extra security" Jack muttered as he released Grip, the Pinsir from its pokeball.

The pinsir looked serious and rough, upon his release from the pokeball he stared down both trainer and the accompanying scizor. Grip slowly approached Jack and stared him down, the menacing looking beetle towered slightly over Jack but this didn't intimidate the boy. Blade grinned Jack wasn't going to back down from his own pokemon and that made him feel proud. "Brave one" the pinsir chuckled before turning his attention to Blade who was standing behind Jack claw aimed towards Grip.

Jack looked around "Calm down buddy its cool" but that didn't change the situation and Blade's claw began to glow a golden yellow before opening and shooting out stars "Swift??" But something was odd it had missed Grip completely but that was impossible swift was a never miss attack. Even the pinsir was shocked as they turned their attention to the howl they heard coming from the shadows, an Electrike (Finally) Jack smiled as he saw the little pup get back unto its feet.

"Grip ready for your first battle as my pokemon?" The pinsir stepped into place and was more than ready and waiting for the electric type to make its move. The electrike didn't hesitate to attack and he rushed forward with his mouth engulfed in flames looking to bite Grip. "Fire Fang?" Jack was intrigued obviously that was an egg move but it was a good one perfect against the bug type Pinsir. "Harden quickly" Grip grumbled a bit, he wasn't used to orders being shouted at him by humans but he hardened just in time to defend himself from the attack. It was like the electrike bit down on a piece of metal or stone before jumping back and staring down pinsir.

"Don't worry Grip listen to me and your sure to win this fight" The pinsir looked back at him angrily but nodded it was true, instincts alone might not be enough and the pinsir acknowledged his trainers words.

Back