• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

~*Clear as Crystal*~ A Steel Type Pokemon Fanclub

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years
Arrgrggrgrgr I'm torn between Steelix and Scizor. I'd have to say Steelix because I like it's design slightly better, not to mention it has an awesome shiny.

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
Years
On the topic, I'll have to go with Scizor. I mean, Technician + Bullet Punch and awesome design. He's an eye-candy.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
REALLY SORRY for the lateness here guys i had some issues that had to get worked through but im back of coarse to bother everyone haha! Anyways im sad we only got 3 votes! But this gen doesnt have a ton of steel types although they are some of my favs on to gen 3!

Gen 2 Winner: Scizor
Honestly it seemed one sided eventough people had a hard choice here haha.
Also Gen 1 theres not really voting since there wasnt steel types but tecniqually magneton is from gen 1 so ill move him up automatically then magnezone will be a later issue haha.
Ok so.....
Favorite Gen 3 Pokemon?
Mawile
Aggron
Metagross
Registeel
Jirachi

Wow hard one eh? I dont think i could decide! Anyways only 1!

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
Years
Don't worry, I was late too (got super busy). Sorry I didn't vote but if I did it would be Skarmory cause metal bird who can wall stuff; not a fan of Scizor because I've always preferred Scyther. Also, I think I didn't get added on the list. Anywho:

Favorite Gen 3 Pokemon?
It's gotta be Metagross, it's based off a super computer and it has a unique design too. Not to mention it has an amazing shiny colouration. I really like Aggron too but Metagross more!

I'd answer what I like the least of Steel types but my opinion reflects (no pun intended) what others said, we need more specially oriented Steel types!

(I answered all your questions again :3)

jombii

Years
Favorite Gen III Pokemon would definitely be Metagross. I mean, it's a computer with brains for legs. Plus, it's shiny palette is awesomee

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Like above, one of my favorite generation three steel-types is also Metagross.

The Pokémon has a stunning design, generally speaking, which seems to suit itself without much trouble at all. On top of this, Metagross also seems to have some strong battling capabilities; its defenses are huge, which allow it to withstand a good amount of hits. Alongside, it has nice Attack stat as well, and also access to a few moves which it has decent chance to take full advantage of.

Aside from Metagross, I'm also a fan of Jirachi. Its appearance is adorable, especially for a legendary, and it could be pretty helpful while battling, too; thanks to its Serene Grace ability, it's able to make good use of Iron Head, Zen Headbutt, Fire Punch, Ancient Power, and other attacks of the like that it could learn. Jirachi is great all-around, if you ask me!

Dedenne1

Years
Well since its been 3 day and everyone obviously loved metagross (its my fav tooo haha) and no votes will beat that u guess we can go on to gen 4M

@peitharchia jirachi is a cute will doomsday device haha i love that poke the typing is fitting although he does have another weakness now but jirachi really takes out everything in its way!

Ok gen 4 Voting time!

Favorite Gen 4 Steel type Pokemon?

Empoleon
Bastiodon
Bronzong
Lucario
Magnezone
Probopass
Dialga
Heatran

Hehe its actually hard for me remember only pick one and wow there are a lot in sinnoh haha!

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Bit late but I'll answer the old and new poll!

Favorite Gen 3 Pokemon?
Mawile
Aggron
Metagross
Registeel
Jirachi

Metagross is a computer? I never really did figure out where the psychic part of it came from so the more you know. That being said, I'm nowhere near its biggest fan. In comparison to the other Gen III steel types, I'd say it's my second or third favourite? It does have a pretty cool design, good typing and great battle potential but all in all, it feels a bit overrated. :(

It's a good pokemon don't get me wrong, I just don't understand how people are super hyped about it. But with the Shiny Beldum in ORAS, maybe I'll have the incentive to use one haha.

Going back to the actual question though, I'm gonna say that my favourite out of Gen III was Mawile. I really like how different it was compared to other steel types. Usually steel types are a mixture of bulk and armour while Mawile's a mixture of cute and 'rawr I'm gonna eat your face'. It also has a great typing in battle which offers it few weaknesses. Coupled with its offensive power and you'll probably be spamming 'gg' as you breeze through the enemy team.

Favorite Gen 4 steel type pokemon?

As a newcomer to the series, Empoleon was the reason that I could even get past the first gym in Platinum. It was easy to use, had a beastly design and a terrible nickname to match. Using these three powers, I soared through the game, cleared it, restarted and did it all over again. To me, Empoleon will always remain as a reminder of the first adventures I had in the pokemon world. And for that, it's my favourite steel type! Not just for Gen 4 but probably out of all of them. :D

jombii

Years
For Gen IV, I have to go with Lucario and Bronzong.

Lucario because who hates him? I mean, he is a cool 'mon.

Bronzong because of his shape. And I find him really funny. A sentient bell hehe

Dedenne1

Years
Comeon people its fun to vote haha gen 4 is rife with steel types so lets find a fav!
Firstly i only got to experience empoleon once and it was a short time as i wanted to use riolu instead but it was a very poweful hard hitting pokemon for me i loved using it. Now lucario sad to say ive overused him a lot ️haha in gen 4,5, and 6 ive used him along with his mega in my first pkaythrough of x i cant hate him hes just so powerful and cool hes quite the amazing pokemon and i love his type combo!

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
They didn't seemed to have introduced much steel-types in generation four compared to some others, but from ones they did, one of my favorites is Bronzong, I would say.

Its design might not precisely look appealing to some, but I don't mind that aspect too much. However, what I like most about this Pokémon is its competitive capabilities; back when gen four was still an ongoing thing, it was able to perform pretty decently.

I've used it a ton of times, and from my experience, Bronzong was a massive wall. Thanks to its high defenses, it had no problem when it came down to enduring hits and whatnot. Plus, if it has Heatproof ability, it gets even better, as that permits this Pokémon to take in more fire-type attacks than normal.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Has anyone looked at the origin of Bronzor though? The bronze mirror has a famous Japanese myth which is said to of been the main inspiration for Bronzor. Personally I'm a sucker for lore so I managed to dig it up on a pokemon fan's Facebook. Check it out if you're interested!

Spoiler:

If you did read it, what do you think? The story itself is rather depressing as the woman involved does die, but it's pretty mindblowing thinking of the significance behind Bronzor's design. As a pokemon, I had always thought of it as one of the filler or random inanimate objects they threw in every generation but after seeing this, I'm really hoping that Gamefreak does find some more interesting things to base pokemon off of. Who knows what they'll use for future steel types?

Now lucario sad to say ive overused him a lot ️haha in gen 4,5, and 6 ive used him along with his mega in my first pkaythrough of x i cant hate him hes just so powerful and cool hes quite the amazing pokemon and i love his type combo!

Yeah, definitely! It's a great pokemon, battle-wise and out. How do you feel about its title as aura guardian if I may ask? I also really like how they made it seem important by giving it a little part of the storyline in Platinum and a full length movie.

Dedenne1

Years
Has anyone looked at the origin of Bronzor though? The bronze mirror has a famous Japanese myth which is said to of been the main inspiration for Bronzor. Personally I'm a sucker for lore so I managed to dig it up on a pokemon fan's Facebook. Check it out if you're interested!

Spoiler:

If you did read it, what do you think? The story itself is rather depressing as the woman involved does die, but it's pretty mindblowing thinking of the significance behind Bronzor's design. As a pokemon, I had always thought of it as one of the filler or random inanimate objects they threw in every generation but after seeing this, I'm really hoping that Gamefreak does find some more interesting things to base pokemon off of. Who knows what they'll use for future steel types?

Yeah, definitely! It's a great pokemon, battle-wise and out. How do you feel about its title as aura guardian if I may ask? I also really like how they made it seem important by giving it a little part of the storyline in Platinum and a full length movie.

Firstly wow... Secondly wow..... And thirdly wowow. Thats quite amazing i did read all of it and thats pretty cool and i think it must be with the 4000 years, heatproof ability and bronzong being a mirror and bronzong being a bell it completely fits it. More bells! Lol i think that they should make one thats steel and fire maybe based of a furnace or something wow i cant think but something cool like that with gears and such.

Oh a nd if i didnt mention it u can say like the devolutions of these pokemon in the region as we r voting for the lines ;)

Anyways i enjoyed reading that its pretty cool what does everyone else think?

Last edited:

faf

Years
The Bronzor line origin is so interesting a mirror evolving into a bell is cool stuff~ :3 The design interests me as well! Also, Empoleon is lovely; used to be my favourite starter until Greninja came in.
As for favourite 4th gen, Heatran! Its design is so derpy and monstrous at the same time, unique combo and awesome in battle. I know some people who hate its design but I absolutely love it! In fact, I actually like all of the Sinnoh Steel-types (expect Lucario).

jombii

Years
The Bronzor line origin is so interesting a mirror evolving into a bell is cool stuff~ :3 The design interests me as well! Also, Empoleon is lovely; used to be my favourite starter until Greninja came in.
As for favourite 4th gen, Heatran! Its design is so derpy and monstrous at the same time, unique combo and awesome in battle. I know some people who hate its design but I absolutely love it! In fact, I actually like all of the Sinnoh Steel-types (expect Lucario).

Expect Lucario. Yes, I do expect he's on your list of favorite steel type mons.

Anyway, on this, Heatran is really good competitively. The type works really well.

Dedenne1

Years
Ok so thats Heatran, Bronzong, Bronzong, Bronzong, Magnezone I think.
Anyways we will have bronzong and bronzor advance and we will go onto gen 5 now :D

Whats your favorite 5th gen steel type?
Excadrill
Escavalier
Ferrothorn
KlinkKlang
Bisharp
Durant
Cobalion
Genesect

Now in my opinion gen 5 definately has some of the best and really the most! I see several of these in competitive battle plus i used 2 on my Gen 5 teams! So vote 1 per person! My vote would go to excadrill because in my opinion hes an amazing pokemon good competitively and fast too plus i cant stand Ferrothorn lol hes so annoying!

faf

Years
Oops, I can't spell, 1:00 am me somehow messed up "except" with "expect". :P
ANYWAYS, I really like Cobalion and Bisharp; Cobalion is an iron goat with a magnificent design fit for a leader and Bisharp has a sleek design who is awesome in competitive play. Out of those two, I'm picking Bisharp.

Excadrill is awesome too, who doesn't love a mole made of iron?

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years
Excadrill is my favorite, it's got a decent typing and can wreck stuff with its good movepool and power. It's not super defensive aside from its pretty high HP, but it can hit very hard with decent enough speed.

jombii

Years
but, Excadrill got the Smogon banhammer back in Gen V. And not only it is a beast in a sand, it is equally fearful without it either because of its sheer power.

Dedenne1

Years
2 for Bisharp and 2 for excadrill so i guess im the deciding vote and as i said i vote for Excadrill!

Anyways....
Whats your favorite 6th gen steel type?
Oh so tough to choose lol

Aegislash
Klefki

I like both but I'll only vote for deciding a tie then we will have overall favs hehe. I do here Klefki is more a fun pokemon with a unique typing but can be used nicely in game but Aegislash is a major uber but is great in game and in tournament competitive play.

Back