• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

~*Clear as Crystal*~ A Steel Type Pokemon Fanclub

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
  • Oops forgot to answer the previous two, haha. Will get right to it!

What's your favourite steel type user?

I'd say Jasmine. The other two weren't super in-depth characters so I can't say I liked them a whole bunch. On the other hand, you find her helping out sick pokemon at the lighthouse, her team consisting of two of my favourite steel types and a character with a kind-hearted personality. Overall, she's someone I've grown to love as the series went on. And it definitely helps that she kickstarted the reign of steel users so props to her.

What's your favorite generation for steel-types?

Second, third or fifth. Second since it had Steelix, Skarmory and the fan favourite of Scizor while also introducing the type in the first place. I liked third gen for their approach to creating even tougher and more intimidating steel types while fifth created the offensive forces of Escavalier and Durant. But if I had to pick - I'd say fifth! Designs were creative and they never failed to beat the heck out of anything. :]

What Steel type do you use the most, either competitively or in-game?

I've heard people say Aegislash is a good force competitively and in-game. Is he really that strong? I think it's cool that he can switch stances though, it makes him feel rather unique and powerful in that sense. Yeah Aggron was actually pretty insane, haha. I think the two four x effective weaknesses really hurt him though. :(

In-game, I use Magneton the most. I like how its electric/steel and has offense and defense mixed together. It hits like a truck, looks great and performs well all the time. Definitely my go to choice when I'm looking for an electric type I'm already familiar with. But I'd actually like to replay fifth gen and try the bug/steels sometime! Would be a fun playthrough. :D

Lol long answers :p
    Its mostly 2nd 3rd and 5th chosen due to the uniqueness of the ones created and 2nd having the first batch i see 4th is ignored though lol.
    Magneton in game is great i liked him a lot especially in gen 3
    Aegislash is op hes banned in most plays because hes an uber unless ur doing normal in game play which i enjoy and is not banned in some tournaments on xy.
    Now aggron like i said is my fav in game and what helps him now is his mega making him only steel type and less weaknesses :)

Excadrill, On competitive is great. It's such an usefull poke, Great spinner and attacker. With great types too, And powerfull STAB's. Abuses sand at the same time, With the right ability.

In game, I love to run Magneton. It's just GREAT. I don't need to say more about it.

Also, Aegi is a banned pokemon. So... It's too good for battles.
    As competitive excadrill is great although its defense isnt great all evs in attack take a large hit on any foe. Sandstorm teams are a great use to him with his abilitys!
    Well its banned on most showdown things but the competitive in game plays make use of him more. Im surprised on how powrful he is :).

Miah

╮( ^ ∇ ^")╭
    Years
  • Did anyone had problems defeating Jasmine because of her Steelix? Iron Tail is a powerful move than to Meteor Mash. Maybe Ash thought Pikachu Iron Tail to make him win more battles?

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • Haha i love Mawile its quite the amazing pokemon plus its super scary :p
    Do u like its mega? I love its mega!
    I love the design of Mega Mawile, but I've yet to use one. D:

Hmm... considering I have raised 3 Metagross, I will go with that. The shiny is nicknamed Caesium (a silvery-gold metal), Gaige (name based off the character in Borderlands 2), and Xefarina (don't ask me why I have feminine names on them!).

I also have used 2 Skarmory, one named Skyler in Crystal and one named Aether in Alpha Sapphire.

I've used these 1 time: Magnezone in HeartGold, Scizor in Platinum, Steelix in another HeartGold run, Aggron in Sapphire, Empoleon in Diamond, Bisharp in Black, and raised some of the others competitively such as Lucario and Excadrill.

Sloan Kettering

Robot Master
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Aug 17, 2018
    I was once a part of a clan on PO and I was the Steel-type gym leader before becoming the Sunny Day Elite 4 member for the clan. My team changed a bit, but I used Forretress, Metagross, Heatran, Empoleon, Registeel, Scizor, Bronzong, Magnezone and Skarmory in different teams. I had to switch to a Sunny Day team because we were doing a weather theme for the Elite 4.

Dedenne1

Years
  • Alright so gotta keep this place running even if its a little slow
    So I got a new topic to discuss hope everyone enjoys it and im curious of everyones opinions!
    If you had too choose one steel type to give a mega who would you choose?

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • If you had too choose one steel type to give a mega who would you choose?

I think I'm gonna go with Skarmory. Every other one I would want already has one. Skarmory could definitely benefit from a bit of an Attack boost and I think a Mega Evolution would be a good way to do that.

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
    Years
  • Hi Dedenne, it's me again! :)
    Username: Zinnia
    Reason you love steel types: Awesome competitively and are really unique in terms of design.
    3 partner pokemon: Skarmory, Metagross and Heatran
    Answer any current topic: Who is your favorite Steel type user?

Definitely Skarmory, this iron bird had served me so much in competitive play and was always my main staple for my competitive teams since Gen 4. From its amazing defense and typing to its ability to heal and set up hazards, it's a Pokemon I can count on. Also the design is formidable, who doesn't want a bird made of pure armor and can shed swords from its wings? Furthermore, the shiny form is gold with green wings, gold!

Dedenne1

Years

Magnezone. Just Magnezone, It's already a great poke, But a mega for it would be great, This gen made things perfect for it. A great dual type on battles. So, Why not make it broken as Mega Metagross?. Hahaha.
    Theres no argument either way id love a mega magnezone although I love magneton lets make magnezone better! And theres really nothing to say about M Metagross hes just there.....

If you had too choose one steel type to give a mega who would you choose?

I think I'm gonna go with Skarmory. Every other one I would want already has one. Skarmory could definitely benefit from a bit of an Attack boost and I think a Mega Evolution would be a good way to do that.
    YES I AGREE!!! this is probably #2 on my list cause one the typing and 2 hes pretty good at speed and defense but it needs better attack stats and he needs to be used more hes so cool!!!!!!!!
    Hi Dedenne, it's me again! :)
    Username: Zinnia
    Reason you love steel types: Awesome competitively and are really unique in terms of design.
    3 partner pokemon: Skarmory, Metagross and Heatran
    Answer any current topic: Who is your favorite Steel type user?

Definitely Skarmory, this iron bird had served me so much in competitive play and was always my main staple for my competitive teams since Gen 4. From its amazing defense and typing to its ability to heal and set up hazards, it's a Pokemon I can count on. Also the design is formidable, who doesn't want a bird made of pure armor and can shed swords from its wings? Furthermore, the shiny form is gold with green wings, gold!
    FINALLY A NEW MEMBER!
    I mean sup lol
    anyways hi Zinnia glad to see u joined ill get u on the list when I find my ipad :P
    gotta love skarmory hehe and metagross although its mega is meh but heatran is great I mean great typing power although I don't see him a volcano pokemon
    Anyways welcome enjoy the club and ill see u ummm in all my clubs haha

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years

While I agree that giving Skarmory is a great thing that could happen, I don't believe that an increase in Attack power would be good. Skarmory is a defensive Pokemon. There would be no point in making his mega a complete turnaround by making him offensive. I think an increase in Defense and Speed would be great.

I think Excadrill could make for a good Mega. It will be too OP and yet very powerful.

Also, welcome new members!

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
    Years
  • Thanks for the welcomes! :3

Who is your favorite Steel type user?
    Probably Wikstrom, dat armor. Also, his E4 room has swords falling down.

Considering my three favourite Steel types are from different gens, I'm going to say Gen 3 since they've added a lot of variety; Gen 5 is a close second.

Is it illegal to say both Skarmory and Heatran? While I don't use Heatran in-game much, I did use Skarmory more in my in game teams. For competitive, I use Heatran a little bit more but doesn't stop me from also using Skarm.

If you had to choose one steel type to give a mega who would you choose?
    Probopass; give it an Afro, some bulk, keep Magnet Pull and yee.

@Dedenne- I did hear some good things about M. Metagross and I even fought against one. Imo, I wouldn't call it meh since Meta got a huge boost.

Sloan Kettering

Robot Master
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Aug 17, 2018
    Eh, Mega Metagross doesn't get enough of a boost from Metagross to justify making it the one mega-evolution on a team, at least in my opinion. I really kinda wanna make a team to utilize a Mega-Glalie. Glaciate + Explosion just seems incredible.

I'm thinking of making mono-steel team in game, but I've yet to even begin creating a perfect IV system...I should get some hacked perfect IV dittos for breeding or something...

Not really sure what would go on the team, Heatran, Metagross and Mega Mawile for sure (I don't care if smogon and other such places list it as uber, they can get bent) but after that...hmm.

jombii

Years
  • M-Metagross did receive a good boost, both in stats and in tough claws, but yeah. I agree with you that there are other better Megas there.

M-Mawile is an option. Play Rough is just too hard-hitting.

Dedenne1

Years
  • M-Metagross did receive a good boost, both in stats and in tough claws, but yeah. I agree with you that there are other better Megas there.

M-Mawile is an option. Play Rough is just too hard-hitting.

Alright so for M Metagross im not saying he is terrible i mean a mega cant really be worse than the original but he could be so much better! And mega mawile is a perfect image of that its power is unbelievable even other pokes that didnt receive that huge boost did get a better boost than metagross. If i was making a team or a mono team i would have him on it id just find it more useful to mega mawile than him :)

Edit: whoever said mega excadrill is prob my fav pick right there haha hes already great on my ground mono a small increase in speed and defense would enable him to not be KOd as often and hed outspeed everythign with sandstorm!

Thanks for the welcomes! :3

Who is your favorite Steel type user?
    Probably Wikstrom, dat armor. Also, his E4 room has swords falling down.

Considering my three favourite Steel types are from different gens, I'm going to say Gen 3 since they've added a lot of variety; Gen 5 is a close second.

Is it illegal to say both Skarmory and Heatran? While I don't use Heatran in-game much, I did use Skarmory more in my in game teams. For competitive, I use Heatran a little bit more but doesn't stop me from also using Skarm.

If you had to choose one steel type to give a mega who would you choose?
    Probopass; give it an Afro, some bulk, keep Magnet Pull and yee.

@Dedenne- I did hear some good things about M. Metagross and I even fought against one. Imo, I wouldn't call it meh since Meta got a huge boost.
    I still call it meh though its not terrible its just not as good as it can be haha.
    Lol mega protoplasm would kill people :p
    And wow u answered all topics haha

Eh, Mega Metagross doesn't get enough of a boost from Metagross to justify making it the one mega-evolution on a team, at least in my opinion. I really kinda wanna make a team to utilize a Mega-Glalie. Glaciate + Explosion just seems incredible.

I'm thinking of making mono-steel team in game, but I've yet to even begin creating a perfect IV system...I should get some hacked perfect IV dittos for breeding or something...

Not really sure what would go on the team, Heatran, Metagross and Mega Mawile for sure (I don't care if smogon and other such places list it as uber, they can get bent) but after that...hmm.

I never run legends cause i find it stupid mega mawile is prob the best choice there though haha. Other than that Skarmory, Metagross, Magnezone, Bisharp and Lucario are all great choices but theres just so many Megas!!

Edit: and new topic coming up just wanna talk a little more on is one cause its very interesting :)

Alright so i do have a new topic but im leaving the current one up as well for anyone who hasnt answered or still wishes to discuss it. Now i know theres absolutely nothing bad about steel types XD but there actually are a few negatives maybe its a certain pokemon or move or weaknesses but...

What do you like the least about steel-types?

Last edited by a moderator:

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • What do you like the least about steel-types?

Lack of offensive super effective moves. I like Pokémon that can do a lot of damage with good attacks, so Steel-type not hitting anything other than Ice, Rock and Fairy hard is a bit of a disappointment. I guess having its ridiculous defensession make up for it.

Years
  • What do you like the least about Steel-types?

I'm with Archer here, most of the Steel-type Pokemon are physical attackers leaving so few on the special side, with notable exceptions being Heatran, Magnemite line, Empoleon and even Klefki to a lesser extent.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    What do you like the least about Steel-types?

Gonna go with something different here and say the lack of steel moves in general. We do have some great moves in the form of Flash Cannon, Iron Head, Mirror Shot and Meteor Mash but it feels like they don't have nearly as enough offensive moves compared to other types. Adding some more moves, especially special-wise would help to make them even better offensive meatshields.

Also gonna add that I think it's just the nature of steel types to be a physically-oriented type. The special attackers we have currently have secondary typings to support their special attack movepool. Most steel types just enjoy fighting up close and physical or lack the movepool to do so. But I agree there should be at least one or two more with secondary typings such as steel/psychic or steel/ice.

Sloan Kettering

Robot Master
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Aug 17, 2018
    Empoleon, Heatran, Magnezone, Lucario, Genesect and Aegislash are all perfectly good special attackers. There's nothing wrong with using legendary pokemon when they're not the ubers. Heatran has the same base stat total as the Dragonite, Metagross and the rest of the pseudo-legendary pokemon.

Dedenne1

Years
  • What do you like the least about Steel-types?

I'm with Archer here, most of the Steel-type Pokemon are physical attackers leaving so few on the special side, with notable exceptions being Heatran, Magnemite line, Empoleon and even Klefki to a lesser extent.

Has it really been 3 days? Uhh i guess its time for a new topic already but i will leave this one up for discussion and take the last one down. Btw the 2 above i strongly agree with theres like one move and thats flash cannon along with maybe a few not as noticeable others. Magnezones line is mainly in my mind the only one that comes to mind cause Heatran=legend and Klefki=Klefki

Alright so really idk what this will be like i thought we'd have some fun with some votes maybe we ll do them a lot maybe we wont but i wanna have this be the thingy of the week!

Alright so lets just do some voting on steel types we already have pretty much everyones favs but id like to know favs in each gen for the new ones that were introduced! So lets hit it off big what steel type in Gen 2 was your absolute favorite? ( only vote for one since there like 4 haha)

Forretress
    Steelix
    Scizor
    Skarmory

Theres only 4 but im seeing some favs of mine here maybe besides forrtress haha so ya just post with that maybe a description of why you chose the one you did and why hes better than others and if you wanna post your #2 feel free i wont vote but ill definately share my opinion ;)

jombii

Years
  • What do you least like about the steel-type?

For one, the lack of outstanding special attacker as we have, what? Heatran? I use him more as a defensive Pokemon as he synergizes well with M-Venu, but there really is nothing going on when it comes to SpA in the steel-types.

Also, Klink's family name. The creators could be more creative. Really.

Dedenne1

Years
  • Has it really been 3 days? Uhh i guess its time for a new topic already but i will leave this one up for discussion and take the last one down. Btw the 2 above i strongly agree with theres like one move and thats flash cannon along with maybe a few not as noticeable others. Magnezones line is mainly in my mind the only one that comes to mind cause Heatran=legend and Klefki=Klefki

Alright so really idk what this will be like i thought we'd have some fun with some votes maybe we ll do them a lot maybe we wont but i wanna have this be the thingy of the week!

Alright so lets just do some voting on steel types we already have pretty much everyones favs but id like to know favs in each gen for the new ones that were introduced! So lets hit it off big what steel type in Gen 2 was your absolute favorite? ( only vote for one since there like 4 haha)

Forretress
    Steelix
    Scizor
    Skarmory

Theres only 4 but im seeing some favs of mine here maybe besides forrtress haha so ya just post with that maybe a description of why you chose the one you did and why hes better than others and if you wanna post your #2 feel free i wont vote but ill definately share my opinion ;)

This is a topic btw guys :)

Vary i agree on Klinks and its evolutions names! I love those pokemon but the names could be a lot better ;)

Back