• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Most/Least Favorite Shiny Pokemon

Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2014
    vvFAVORITEvv
    Spoiler:

vvLEAST FAVORITESvv
    Spoiler:

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
  • Favorites:
    Charizard, noivern, weavile, flygon, lapras, lugia
    Least:
    Druddigon, tauros, fearow, kekleon, lucario

Years
  • Most/Least Favorite Shiny Pokemon

These are a few of my favourites, I have loads more but I'll try to control myself lol :) Out of all of them the only one I've owned is shiny Chespin which I got through Wonder Trade :)

Least would be anything that takes a normally vivid-coloured Pokémon and makes it quite dull, or something along the lines of Sceptile cause for me its original colour scheme is perfection haha :)

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2017
    My favorite 2 shiny Pokemon would have to be Zorua and Rayquaza.

Honestly the worst looking shiny would have to be Espeon, Usaring, Gengar, and Blissy.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I've noticed most of my top favourite shinies tend to be fire Pokémon whose normally red fire turns blue when they're shiny. My two favourite examples of it are on Litwick and Ponyta. I also just really love the colour they use, so I'm including Gastly as well because it uses a similar blue and it just looks sooo aesthetically pleasing to me.

My least favourite shinies are the ones that are almost completely unnoticeable. Even the lime green shinies (Espeon, Ursaring) are better than the ones where you can't tell the difference unless you squint. I'll post Garchomp as my example.

Like seriously?? I can barely see the difference and I sure as hell can't tell you which one is the regular one and which one is the shiny. (I think I ordered them regular, then shiny. I think.) It's so disappointing when shinies are too similar to the original. It must be so disappointing to finally get a shiny and then you can't even really tell it apart from all the other normal Pokémon of the same species you've gotten. And many of my favourites--Cherrim [sunny], Pichu, Bidoof, Galvantula, Vanilluxe--unfortunately share this fate.

I think Vanilluxe is the most disappointing because THEY COULD HAVE MADE THE WHOLE LINE CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM AS THE SHINY? You missed your chance, Nintendo. What the hell.

Years
  • Here's some of my fave shinies ever:

Corsola - I love the blue on it. If I were to ever shiny hunt for a Pokemon I never caught a shiny of yet, it'd definitely be a Corsola who I can just stare at its beauty.

Chandelure - Not only one of my fave 5th Gen Pokemon ever, but also one of my fave shinies from there. Orange flames look really beautiful.

Miltank - It's one of my fave 2nd Gen Pokemon, and I now have a shiny one of my own in X.

Aipom - Who can't resist a pink monkey? It's one of my fave pink shinies.

Vivillon - Particularly the Icy Snow ones, they look nice when shiny. Sadly my region's form, which is the River Pattern, doesn't look as great compared to the shiny Icy Snow Vivillon.

Whimsicott - I love the white + blue combination. It looks even cuter that way!

Pumpkaboo - Purple and black are two colors that look so nice on the little pumpkin.

Sylveon - The normal color is nice, but I think its shiny is even cuter.

Dedenne - Dat brown and yellow. It's a nice shade too.

Hawlucha - One of the wildest color combinations ever seen on a shiny. Makes me really want one someday!

As for my least faves, like what was mentioned earlier, any shiny whose color looks too close to the normal color. Garchomp and Blissey being notable ones here.

Last edited:

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
  • I actually like almost all shiny Pokemon as I am a huge fan of shinies, but of course I have a few exceptions. Shinies with a colour palette just ever so slightly different from its original are like so what?! Why did GF make them that way? Shiny Pokemon are supposed to be special! ;; There are just too many to choose from to make a complete list, but here's what I have.

A short list of my most notable favourites:
    Spoiler:

and least favourites:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • My favorite shiny are mega-gengar, mega-gardevoir, Umbreon, Nidoking, Ponyta and ninetails (are my favorite shiny of all), Steelix!!, golem is pretty nice too, lickitung is bright yellow! Aggron, metagross, phantrump is soo cute!

(and i want a pink sharpedo)

I don't like Espeon (green is not for him), blastoise,
    I don't like pokemont hat don't have a huge diffrence between shiny and non shiny, like golduck, froslass (sad, because it's one of my favorite pokemon of all), persian, etc.
    I don't like the yellow-ish shiny (arcanine, mamoswine, etc)

Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2014
    My favorite is Lucario. I just think the yellow color suits it well.

Least favorite... I hate to say, but Glaceon. Favorite Pokemon or no, it's shiny color is near indistinguishable from the original.

Back