• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Johto's New League OOC

Doctor Who

Saving the earth with a bowtie
Years
  • Oh you're good to go Ash, you may start at Cherrygrove or at the beginning of the roleplay whichever you prefer (:

Whoniverse, what an appropriate term MMGire (Albeit a little blasphemous xD). Wait you stopped after Tennant? But... but... D: Matt Smith's amazing! And... and... you need to watch it! You just have t get past the fact that sometimes aliens can ignore the rules of physics a little xD But anyway, don't get me started on Doctor Who D:

And as for the thread, it wasn't going down that easily.

Ash_Ketchum123

That one guy
    Years
  • I'd prefer to start in NewBark, if you may xD Although I won't be able to post until tomorrow. Even if I was able to post today, it would be rushed, thus making its quality a bit lower than if I post tomorrow and take my time. Sorry 'bout that :c

Zeph.

Casual Player, Silly Username
    Years
  • Doctor Who rocks like socks! 8D

I'm planning the order of my next post in my head just now :3 I should have a post up by the end of the day ^^

MMGiru

Dilettante Extraordinaire
    Years
  • I's also workin' on my next post, though it's going slow. Not entirely sure why.

Anyway, I was wondering about seasons, and weather, and what-not. We've had rain just recently, so it seems like we're either pretty decently into the tropics, in a warmer part of the year, or that warmth and rain is just that substantial.

I'm sure there are more explanations, but I was just wondering what was canon. Thought it might add some flavor if the seasons change later on.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I think Doc (can I call her Doc? It sounds funny :D ) usually gives us a lot of freedom when it comes to... many things. xD She let me put a cafeteria in my pokémon center, and rain on my route post.

Doctor Who

Years
  • It's completely fine to call me Doc xD

But anyway, this Johto's a lot warmer than it used to be, that's true, but as for the weather it's all up to you. In all honestly I feel that it should be up to you to decide the weather and circumstances in your own post as having a true canon between all the roleplayers would be near impossible unless I pulled in all the reigns and decided everything for you (like weather for instance, or the inside of a Pokemon Center) and I feel like you should be able to have that freedom of creativity yourself.

So therefore it's yours to decide that kind of stuff. However we can all just decide to, say, have it be summer, if that's all right with you all, if you want a different season for any reason at all feel free to discuss it, I'll leave that up to you.

As for the climate I was thinking a bit of a Mediterranean climate, not exactly tropical yet still having very warm summers and soft winters, as a general rule.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Sounds good to me :) I was thinking summer anyways. I'm not picturing Maya in a jacket, I mean.

Zeph.

Years
  • God I'm taking much longer than I thought on this post. I'm writing it while taking breaks, I'm trying to take my time with this one >.>

MMGiru

Years
  • Wow. Finally finished. It took twice as long to write as the last one, which I think was actually longer.

Anyway, here's hoping the things I've planted don't break the apparently supple canon.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    You guys are awesome at writing! Quality RP, oh yes.

I just realized Maya has been winning an awfully lot of battles now...
    Next chapter 4 post: Maya torturing.

Zeph.

Years
  • Yea, someone decided to use my laptop while I was out the whole day, and shut it down when they were finished, thus erasing all I had written so far D:

Either tomorrow or Wednesday guys! >.>'

MMGiru

Years
  • That's... awful. Accept that it gives me that much more time to catch up, of course.

I deleted a sentence that I didn't like, from my Chapter 3 post.

"This place hasn't had it's own for... well, a very long time."

Tha' one. Because I don't actually remember if we were supposed to be the first Elites of the New Johto League (see that bit?), or if we were supposed to know, and it didn't really fit with the flow of the dialogue. Not trying to get spoilers, there. Feel like I need to make that clear.

On a fairly unrelated note, anyone in the thread a fan of Spaced? The Simon Pegg, Jessica Hynes show, to clear up any confusion. I just re-watched it, a couple days ago. A good decision, as it always proves. Tempted to watch it again, actually. Favorite seven hours of television. The DVD menu is also weirdly awesome.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Zeph, I hate when that happens :__:

MMGiru, no, I haven't watched it :)

Doctor Who

Years
  • Aw Zeph! That sucks! My sympathy are definitely with you, and take your time, the newsies have to catch up anyway (; Actually said newsies are doing an awesome job catching up.

Anyway I've honestly never heard of that MMGiru, and I've actually not thought about the Elite question, mostly because it's a ways away ^_^; But I do hope that we'll get there with this role-play!

And Dragonite, I'm not sure I understand what you mean. D'you mean like if a Pokemon evades capture? You can have it burst out of the ball yourself, or if you want to release a Pokemon that's fine to. I'm only here to tell you if you catch a Pokemon when you want to catch it. I hope that makes sense.

Zeph.

Years
  • I suppose I can hang on a bit :P

@MMGiru - I did see Paul yesterday 8D But no, not Spaced ^^'

MMGiru

Years
  • Hm.... Curious, that Paul isn't out in the country it takes place in. Oh, wait; that's where I live.
    -_-"

But Spaced is crazy awesome. It's Nick Frost's first acting role, and my favorite character. You should check it out on IMDB, or something.

Finished my post, and I'd say my next will be Violet. I guess, I'm actually pretty nearly caught up now. Though, I guess I'll be doing separate posts for the Gym and Sprout Tower? Well, I've given myself ways to beef up whichever I do first, anyway. I guess there are some other things I haven't used, too. Anyway, I'll get back to whatever, now.

Ash_Ketchum123

That one guy
    Years
  • Just posted my chapter one ^^ Sorry for posting later than I said I would. Got busy with an outreach for the elder ^^' Anyway, I'll be sure to catch up with you guys xD

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    It might be a few days until I'm posting again :/ (though now, only because I wrote this, I'll probably get the urge to write a post tonight)

Back