• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Johto's New League OOC

Zeph.

Casual Player, Silly Username
    Years
    The wierd thing is I was supposed to have the day off today, but I still had to go to University to film stuff x3

I might well post tonight. Though I'm not sure, I might just wait for Violet City :3 Can't wait ^^

MMGiru

Dilettante Extraordinaire
    Years
    You know, I just read Zeph's chapters 1 and 1.5, and I've decided that I should probably read the rest of the posts, before writing more. -_-'

It was like a more well thought out version of Maria's fight.

Except that it came first.

And had Zeph's comedy.

Here's that embarrassed manga-sweat emote again:

-_-'

PsychoJigglypuff

Crazy and Loving It!
    Years
    Pfft, I wish I could sprite. I'd make one for Selly. xD *is just now looking over the previous posts here*

But I do draw her a lot, especially since I decided to use her for a Pokémon OCT on deviantArt. I should really start working on my comic for that.

Also, DAT FRO.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I'm catching up, I tell you! One more post in chapter 3, then one or maaaybe 2 posts in chapter 4. Falkner, here we come~

Doctor Who

Saving the earth with a bowtie
    Years
    It's quite all right MMGiru, I really did not notice at all (:

You should show us some of those drawings PsychoJiggly, I, for one, would love to see them!

And RHCP, it's not going to be Falkner (; Since this is quite some ways in the 'future' I decided that there's going to be all-new gym leaders. However the types are all the same as I can do a bit of assembe-spriting but badges goes way too far xD

This is also why the chapter isn't up yet as the sprite I had decided to become corrupted.

MMGiru

Years
    I was thinking of snatching PsychoJigglypuff's NPC. Acacia's aide, Freddie, that is.

Thought I might give him some more backstory, and add to the antics he has to endure. Oh, yes! Antics, I say! Perhaps even... hi-jinks, or tomfoolery!

Ash_Ketchum123

That one guy
    Years
    I just happened to bump into this RP, and I kind of noticed that there are spots open. I was wondering if it really is open, and if it is, then may I try to join? I'll make my SU right away...

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Yay, another face I already recognize joins in :D I hope Doctor Who will let you.

Oh, new gym leaders? I actually had that idea for my Kanto RP as well -_- since I've got a new professor, I wanted new gym leaders. But now it's gonna look like I'm stealing your idea if I use the new gym leaders... Are you ok with me doing that?

Doctor Who

Years
    Hm, antics, hi-jinks AND tomfoolery all sounds plenty interesting xD

Ash_KEtchum, the spots up front are indeed open so you're free to submit a SU (:

I am completely fine with you doing that as it's simply something that came from my own shortcomings anyway xD

EDIT: Alright the next chapter is up now!

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Oh, the return of Leone! Or someone similar, at least? Looking forward to battle him >:3 Now, go to bed, young (I assume) man.

I'm in the middle of writing up a new post.

MMGiru

Years
    Good to see I can snatch him, given I've just written the chapter featuring him. =P

I'd say it's my longest yet, and it takes me way too long to write. Still excited about catching up, though. >.<

Ash_Ketchum123

That one guy
    Years
    Here it is! Please tell me if there's anything to improve :D

Name:Leone Storm

Appearance:
    Leone stands 5'6" tall. His skin is as pale as his need for guidance. He has hair as black as his horrible past and eyes as red as his desire for revenge. He wears a black jacket with red designs at both the lower left corner and right of it, over his red shirt with the number "25" at the back. Black pants cover the lower part of his body. He wears black sneakers with a little red on top of it. His leg has a scar on it, caused by an accident while running away from someone. Weirdly, the scar is shaped like an R.

He carries a brown backpack in which he puts stuff he gets from his journey in. He also sports a Pokétch that he had gotten as a birthday present from when he was just a kid. He wears a belt that could hold on to his Pokeball while not in use.

Personality: At first look, it may seem that Leone is a nice person, but alas, looks can be deceiving. The only thing he cares about is winning. He may even let his Pokemon suffer just to win a battle. He never cared for weak Pokemon and would only capture what he think is worthy. However, in the best of times, he is a calm and polite person. Unfortunately, "the best of times" rarely ever comes. Leone doesn't like talking about his past and is rather, very quiet. The only Pokemon that he swore he would take care of, is his first Pokemon.

He doesn't like company, and prefers to travel by himself. The "best of times" for Leone, are the times the stars shine brightly up on the serene sky, so technically, that means at night. He tends to stay calm and change personality at night. He is more polite, he cares about his Pokemon more, and his temper becomes mild. So basically, he undergoes a complete personality change at night only when the stars are up.

Background: As a kid, Leone was a happy-go-lucky boy. He comes from an average family living an average life...or so he thought. Secretly, his father used to work as a Team Rocket Admin but he quit some time when Leone was born. For a full eight years, Leone and his family lived a happy life. Until one day, his father received a note. He kept it secret from everyone and never spoke about it, even once.

After another year of nothing, while Leone and his family was on a hiking trip on Mt. Moon, a group of Team Rocket Grunts ambushed them. That was the time his father told them about his past job in the Team Rocket business. He said he received a death threat a year ago saying Team Rocket will kill his family if he doesn't return in one year. The Grunt offered him to change his mind one last time. Before he answered, he gave Leone a Pokeball and asked him to raise it properly. He told the little boy to run away and go to the nearest Pokemon Center, but Leone insisted and tried to defend his family with the Pokemon given to him.

He threw it in the air and it opened in mid-air. A white light beamed out of it and revealed a purple monkey with a hand-tail. Leone never saw anything like it in the whole Kanto region, but he didn't mind it anyway. There was only one thing that was going on his mind: he needed to protect his family. The Grunt sent out his own Pokemon, an Arbok. One thing slipped Leone's mind: he didn't know how Pokemon battles went. There was nothing he could do but swallow his pride and watch as his Pokemon got beaten in the battle. His father yelled at him, telling him to call out his Pokemon and just run away. This time, Leone did so. He ran as fast as he could as tears fell from his eyes.

He never talked about what happened after he ran away, and he never heard from his family ever again. He had no relatives to stay with so he had to be sent to an orphanage in GoldenRod. Whenever he remembers about the harsh past, he just kept saying one thing, "I would've won if that Aipom wasn't so pathetic."

Other info: He was originally from Celadon City. He released Aipom in the wild while running away from the Grunt. And the R-shaped scar means nothing significant.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    @ MMGiru: it's time consuming, yep. But I love to write, so that's what I like~

@ Ace: nice SU~

Zeph.

Casual Player, Silly Username
    Years
    Woo, more people! :3

I'll make a Violet post tomorrow. Tonight I'm all set with a beer and some Scott Pilgrim vs The World :D

Doctor Who

Years
    Oooh PsychoJiggly I really like that, especially the chibi is ADORABLE! In CAPS!

Ash_Ketchum123 - You're accepted, even though I am a bit iffy about the history considering it's aboug 40 years since the games happened and Johto and Kanto have been at war for a while, but I know you're a good roleplayer so I'll let it pass, so welcome to the team.

Oh and another thing, who's your starter?

We've almost got a full slot again, WHOO!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Woo, more people! :3

I'll make a Violet post tomorrow. Tonight I'm all set with a beer and some Scott Pilgrim vs The World :D
    TOO AWESOME. Beer, of course, but also dat movie. It's so incredibly awesome it's crazy xD

Yay, the RP lives again :3

MMGiru

Years
    It does seem like it kicked right back up.

I'm still thinking on both of those characters. I like that Freddie is Prof. Acacia's aide, 'cause I always loved the aides running around in 1st and 2nd generation games. I do want to add to his backstory, though. I tried to give an easily misconstrued hint.

Greg is a character I've been looking to implement for a while, though. I have a general idea of who he is; I know who some of his family is, for instance. Other than that, I'm trying to figure out his "very important job," while not interfering with the Whoniverse.

See what happened in that last sentence? Crossed that term into this thread. Though, I did stop watching after David Tennant. Almost before, when I saw that little robot on Mars make fire in absolute vacuum... but, this is a Pokemon RP OOC thread.

Ash_Ketchum123

That one guy
    Years
    Right. Sorry 'bout that. I knew reusing a character wouldn't work out that well, but eitherway, my starter was supposed to be Munna ^^ I'll be posting as soon as you give me the signal *stands-by for permission*

Back