• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Unbound [COMPLETED]

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
  • Aye skeli! I forgot to mention this oddity I came across. In the previous demo, I was battling against a Gothitelle and Marowak (double battle Smogon OU) and when I sent out my landorous, the intimidate ability triggered the Gothitelle's competitive ability and sharply raised its special attack. However, instead of reduce the Marowak's attack stat, it got a sharp SP attack boost just like Gothitelle!

Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2023
    I have just download the Battle tower demo from the first post and I havent received Hoopa U althugh we are still in July.

Skeli

Lord of the Rings
    Years
  • Aye skeli! I forgot to mention this oddity I came across. In the previous demo, I was battling against a Gothitelle and Marowak (double battle Smogon OU) and when I sent out my landorous, the intimidate ability triggered the Gothitelle's competitive ability and sharply raised its special attack. However, instead of reduce the Marowak's attack stat, it got a sharp SP attack boost just like Gothitelle!
    Thanks for reporting this! I've fixed this in the latest update.

I have just download the Battle tower demo from the first post and I havent received Hoopa U althugh we are still in July.
    Before you can receive the Hoopa you need to talk to the nurse at the reception desk. Also make sure your emulator's RTC is enabled.

UPDATE

v1.1.3 is out! This version includes various bug fixes. The most notable of these are fixes for basically every single graphical bug that's been reported, and a fix for the game crashing sometimes when switching in Pokemon. Additionally, the GS Cup tier has been added in to replace the Middle Cup tier in double battles. I hope for this to be the final update until v1.2.0, unless there are some game-breaking bugs that need to be addressed. Enjoy!

Skeli

Lord of the Rings
    Years
  • UPDATE

v1.1.4 is out! This version is more of an "under the hood" update. It has a few minor bug fixes and increases the AI's intelligence significantly when building its team (the same goes for the player in random battles). A move on next month's special event has also been changed at the last minute. If you don't care about any of this stuff, feel free to keep playing at least v1.1.3 without worries. Enjoy!

Additionally, if you haven't already, today is your last day to download the Battle Tower Demo before time runs out to receive the special Hoopa-Unbound distribution! For those of you where it is already August, feel free to pick up this month's distribution!

rlqKCDL.png
    Bag_Snorlium_Z_Sprite.png

Years
    • Seen today
    I'm reporting a bug on latest version of Battle Tower Demo (v. 1.1.4):
    After being swapped with Dragon Tail, my coming Pokémon was a Qwilfish with Intimidate. It removed the Toxic Spikes I had, and after Intimidate the foe's Pokémon, the game freezed. The battle music was still playing.
    -Tier: Double Random GS Cup.
    -Emulator: Pizzaboy GBA (Android).
    -Bug: game freezes after removing Toxic Spikes and having a Pokémon with Intimidate swapped with Dragon Tail.
    Here's an image:
    screenshot_20190801105938.png

If you need more info, I'll give to you gladly.
    Thanks, and nice game!

Skeli

Lord of the Rings
    Years
  • Skeli is this Version compatible with further releases? :)
    The Battle Tower Demo releases will always be compatible with future versions of the Battle Tower Demo.

I'm reporting a bug on latest version of Battle Tower Demo (v. 1.1.4):
    After being swapped with Dragon Tail, my coming Pokémon was a Qwilfish with Intimidate. It removed the Toxic Spikes I had, and after Intimidate the foe's Pokémon, the game freezed. The battle music was still playing.
    -Tier: Double Random GS Cup.
    -Emulator: Pizzaboy GBA (Android).
    -Bug: game freezes after removing Toxic Spikes and having a Pokémon with Intimidate swapped with Dragon Tail.
    Here's an image:
    screenshot_20190801105938.png

If you need more info, I'll give to you gladly.
    Thanks, and nice game!
    Thank you for reporting this! I re-uploaded v1.1.4 with this bug fixed.

Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2022
    How long is the story mode? I really wish it would be finished. This game looks sooooo good. Want to try so bad but having second thoughts because it says it is until 2 gyms.

Years
    • Seen today
    In a Double battle, selecting Cube while your first Pokemon is holding Choice Specs (other Choice move items too) and had used a move before leads to an infinite message. Discovered by accident.
    -Tier: Random Doubles GS Cup.
    -Emulator: Pizzaboy GBA/My Boy! .
    -Latest version of Battle Tower Demo.
    -Bug: infinite "Choice x effect allows only move to be used!" message if Cube is selected instead of moves on Double battles.
    y7douZz.jpg

Thanks in advice.

Last edited:

Skeli

Lord of the Rings
    Years
  • How long is the story mode? I really wish it would be finished. This game looks sooooo good. Want to try so bad but having second thoughts because it says it is until 2 gyms.
    The first demo goes up to just past the second gym. I recommend playing the Battle Tower Demo. You can play it as long as you like and it is fully supported.

In a Double battle, selecting Cube while your first Pokemon is holding Choice Specs (other Choice move items too) and had used a move before leads to an infinite message. Discovered by accident.
    -Tier: Random Doubles GS Cup.
    -Emulator: Pizzaboy GBA/My Boy! .
    -Latest version of Battle Tower Demo.
    -Bug: infinite "Choice x effect allows only move to be used!" message if Cube is selected instead of moves on Double battles.
    y7douZz.jpg

Thanks in advice.
    Fixed in the latest update. Thank you!

UPDATE

v1.1.5 is out! This version addresses various battle bugs and improves the AI in both single and double battles. Additionally, double battle specific spreads have begun to be added in.

Years
    • Seen today
    At 1.1.5, enemy's Pokémon Roar works fine at Doubles, but if I use it, the game freezes. We both had entry hazards, specifically Stealth Rock. Here's an image:
    gpxBm0L.jpg

-Tier: Random Doubles GS Cup (I think it's irrelevant this info, but I wrote it anyway).
    -Emulator: Pizzaboy GBA.
    -Bug: games freezes when player uses Roar (also maybe, moves with similar effect. Dragon Tail works fine) on Doubles, but not if AI uses it. Probably entry hazards will be the problem (Stealth Rock).

Thanks in advice!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2024
    I am absolutely in love with this hack I can't wait to see it progress in full. I've spent a lot of time in the Battle Tower Demo thus far and I'm incredibly excited for the full release. It's a beautifully ambitious hack.

I have encountered a bug when picking up Snorlax from mystery gift. It appears to be holding a Pixie Plate with a move-slot being taken up by a Z-Move. "Z-Move 24." It's also a grass type move. I have been playing through my 3DS so I'm unsure if it's related to that but I thought I should let you know.

Another thing I wanted to say, it's a request really. I find it amazing that you have the ability to listen to other Pokémon tracks from the main games. How many more tracks will be included? I noticed the Galar Wild Battle Theme was an option which is so awesome to me. Would you ever consider putting in some tracks from Battle Revolution? The soundtrack from that game is very upbeat and engaging and I feel it would make battles that much more thrilling.

Thanks again for all your hard work.

Years
  • I have reuploaded v1.1.5 with this game breaking bug fixed.

This is a great Rom Hack. Congratulations friend, for creating this Rom Hack. Friend, a few days ago I downloaded your Complete Fire Red Upgrade base and I saw that it has the updated Exp Share, but when activated it causes me bugs when the second Pokemon receives experience. Another thing, can you get me the asm routine to update the Exp Share in my hack?

Skeli

Lord of the Rings
    Years
  • I am absolutely in love with this hack I can't wait to see it progress in full. I've spent a lot of time in the Battle Tower Demo thus far and I'm incredibly excited for the full release. It's a beautifully ambitious hack.

I have encountered a bug when picking up Snorlax from mystery gift. It appears to be holding a Pixie Plate with a move-slot being taken up by a Z-Move. "Z-Move 24." It's also a grass type move. I have been playing through my 3DS so I'm unsure if it's related to that but I thought I should let you know.

Another thing I wanted to say, it's a request really. I find it amazing that you have the ability to listen to other Pokémon tracks from the main games. How many more tracks will be included? I noticed the Galar Wild Battle Theme was an option which is so awesome to me. Would you ever consider putting in some tracks from Battle Revolution? The soundtrack from that game is very upbeat and engaging and I feel it would make battles that much more thrilling.

Thanks again for all your hard work.
    Thank you for reporting that bug! It has been fixed in the latest version. Adding more music tracks isn't on my to-do list right now, but I'll look into the Battle Revolution themes at some point. Do you have any you could recommend?

This is a great Rom Hack. Congratulations friend, for creating this Rom Hack. Friend, a few days ago I downloaded your Complete Fire Red Upgrade base and I saw that it has the updated Exp Share, but when activated it causes me bugs when the second Pokemon receives experience. Another thing, can you get me the asm routine to update the Exp Share in my hack?
    The bug has been fixed.

UPDATE

v1.2.0 is out! This version includes:
    • Multi Battles & Random Multi Battles!
    • The Battle Frontier is open to explore! In it you'll find another battle facility, as well as several daily events and shops.
    • New items Eject Pack & Room Service!
    • Random battle background option has been added to the battle background list!
    • Singles & Doubles AI significantly improved!
    • A plethora of new Double battle specific spreads!
    • Pond & Underwater battle backgrounds have been completed!
    • Various bug fixes!

Also, if you haven't already, don't forget to pickup the August monthly distribution after downloading the latest version!

Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2023
    I used the battle sands facility and got to 50 wins totally without save states lol. I had over 200BP but after the 50th battle, i only had 51 bp stockpiled. Is this a bug or is it to prevent me from using savestates lol

Skeli

Lord of the Rings
    Years
  • I used the battle sands facility and got to 50 wins totally without save states lol. I had over 200BP but after the 50th battle, i only had 51 bp stockpiled. Is this a bug or is it to prevent me from using savestates lol
    Just a bug. This has been fixed in the latest version.

UPDATE

v1.2.1 is out! This version contains bug fixes for the bugs found in v1.2.0.

September's special distribution for the Unbound Battle Tower Demo is a Shiny Rayquaza! This Rayquaza comes with the special move V-Create the new Eject Pack item! It can be used in the Smogon Ubers, No Restrictions, and GS Cup tiers! Just leave through the entrance of the Battle Frontier and talk to the green deliveryman to receive this Pokemon! Don't forget to update to at least v1.2.0 before claiming this gift!​
    prXhB0d.gif
    Mcsx30t.png
    Start Date: September 1, 2019
    End Date: September 31, 2019

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2023
    Regarding the downloads, am I safe to assume I need to download the Unbound Battle tower version, or am I wrong ?

Years
    • Seen Aug 1, 2020
    I have been searching but im not able to find the exp share? help me pls.
    And also i would like to have all the pokemon locations because i want a torchic, treeko and mudkip.

Years
    • Seen Aug 1, 2020
    Where can I find a exp share. help me pls.
    and also i would like to have the pokemon locations.

Back