• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Unbound [COMPLETED]

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2020
    Actually if you wanted you can play the demo on an android tablet... I've been playing the battle demo for months on my android tablet (almost got all the TMs).😁

I hope you will resume the work in the main game soon... I've played the demo months ago but was a tad annoyed I couldn't use my 10% zygarde. I certainly don't mind starting again from scratch when the main game is updated.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    Man, I'm so in love with the Battle Tower demo. I play a lot of Pokémon rom hacks, but I think the is the one I've played the most consistently since getting it. It reminds me of one of those addictive f2p mobile games, except this one is genuinely free. Hell, if this was sold as its own product (with some more content) I'd probably pay for it. I'm excited to see what next month's gift Pokémon is.

Years
  • Thank you! And of course. The Battle Frontier will be present in the main game, although not to the same extent (there won't be a shop for random Pokemon). I'll still support and update the Battle Frontier Demo for some time after the main game is released.

Thanks for the reply 😃 Some of my friends noticed me playing and got into the demo as well 😁 Though one of them keeps restarting trying to get a good team from the get go. He finally stopped restarting after his sixth attempt and just rolled with what he got 😆 Quick question though; how many battle facilities are you planning to have?

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2023
    Hi, really enjoying the Battle Frontier Demo. Is there any documentation and/or a way in game to find out which TMs are found in each rank pool? For context, I'm trying to get a Substitute TM, but don't know which rank to buy from. Also, more battle tiers would be nice (UU, PU, etc.). Thanks for the great hack!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2020
    There's a guy in the outside area of the main Battle arena who sells TMs (you pay in BP) along with move tutors etc. Explore the outdoor area, you'll find what you need. Good luck!

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2023
    Sorry, I don't think I was very clear in my post, but thanks anyways. I know where to get TMs and how to get them.

I was wondering which TMs could possibly be given out of each rank after purchasing one of the 6 available TM ranks: Damage 1, 2, 3 and Status 1, 2, 3. From what I understand, it seems like each one would have a different set of TMs based on the cost, and I was hoping to find out what TMs are available in each or at least which one to buy if I want Substitute.

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2020
    Substitute is available, you need to buy them (I believe its status 20 BP sorry I forgot) however as you know it's random when you buy each one. I have all 120 I just soft resetted to get some ones I really wanted at first then bought the rest as I accumulated more BP. Good luck.

Years
    • Seen Jul 21, 2022
    I hope this doesnt come off as flaming, but it whenever i see the battle tower demo updated instead of the main game, I secretly die inside becuz Im not invested in the former.

Years
  • I hope this doesnt come off as flaming, but it whenever i see the battle tower demo updated instead of the main game, I secretly die inside becuz Im not invested in the former.

You do understand that everything in the battle tower demo will be in the final game too right? It's all progressing the final game at the end of the day.

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2020
    I love pokemon hacks for their interesting stories and I am begging you to start pushing work on the first version

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2021
    that battle tower demo helped me to became a pro player thanx
    and good luck for the unbound and i am really excited for the full game release

Last edited:

Skeli

Lord of the Rings
    Years
  • I hope you will resume the work in the main game soon... I've played the demo months ago but was a tad annoyed I couldn't use my 10% zygarde.
    I certainly don't mind starting again from scratch when the main game is updated.
    I love pokemon hacks for their interesting stories and I am begging you to start pushing work on the first version
    I've started working on the main game again. I have almost finished the last city in the western half of the region (just one side quest left to finish there). I have the next town mapped out already, so now it's full speed ahead.

Thanks for the reply 😃 Some of my friends noticed me playing and got into the demo as well 😁 Though one of them keeps restarting trying to get a good team from the get go. He finally stopped restarting after his sixth attempt and just rolled with what he got 😆 Quick question though; how many battle facilities are you planning to have?
    Thank you for sharing it! The Battle Frontier will be capped at four, but I still want to do a couple more in other place around the region. For instance, I want to make the Trainer School a tournament style facility. But if I do, it wouldn't be until I finished the main game.

Hi, really enjoying the Battle Frontier Demo. Is there any documentation and/or a way in game to find out which TMs are found in each rank pool? For context, I'm trying to get a Substitute TM, but don't know which rank to buy from. Also, more battle tiers would be nice (UU, PU, etc.). Thanks for the great hack!
    See the official documentation.

that battle tower demo helped me to became a pro player thanx
    and good luck for the unbound and i am really excited for the full game release
    Thank you! I'm glad it could actually help you!

The Meowstic are inverted, the male and the female, you should correct it
    This has been fixed in the latest version.

UPDATE

v1.3.2 of the Battle Frontier Demo is out! This version includes:
    • Some items have longer, more accurate names!
    • The Mountain battle backgound has been completed!
    • Bug fixes!

I have no plans to release another version for a while (unless there is a game-breaking bug). I have been mainly focused on the main game now.
    Regarding the CFRU, please be patient. I intend to update it with SwSh mechanics once they have been fully documented on Bulbapedia. I have no plans to get the games, so I won't be able to test the mechanics myself until Showdown has them implemented.

-EDIT: Documentation for the Battle Frontier has been written.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2021
    Skeli, will you work in the multiplayer system? It would be good to be able to fight between friends

Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2019
    Hey I just want to say this is an AMAZING hack you're doing great work, I would love love love to see this finished, this feels like the hack I've always been waiting for. Keep up the good work!!!!

Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2022
    There's a problem with Stored Power when my Sigilyph uses it in Random Single Battle, the power doesn't increase although I use Calm Mind 6 times, no Unaware and my opponent switch Pokemon too, but it's still the same.

Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2020
    What is your timetable for the final release? I found this ROM on a whim and I'm in love. I'm really interested to see this game in its final form, so any little tidbit would be awesome. The game looks great and plays amazing, I'm looking forward to playing it to its fullest extent because I can feel the potential to be one of the best ROM Hacks I've played. It's already super unique and having all seven gens is a big plus. I wish you good luck!

Skeli

Lord of the Rings
    Years
  • Skeli, will you work in the multiplayer system? It would be good to be able to fight between friends
    Yes, I'll get it working eventually. I designed the engine to work with it properly, but it takes too long to test which is why I'm leaving it for now.

Hey I just want to say this is an AMAZING hack you're doing great work, I would love love love to see this finished, this feels like the hack I've always been waiting for. Keep up the good work!!!!
    Thank you! I hope it lives up to your expectations!

There's a problem with Stored Power when my Sigilyph uses it in Random Single Battle, the power doesn't increase although I use Calm Mind 6 times, no Unaware and my opponent switch Pokemon too, but it's still the same.
    This was fixed in a previous version. Are you using the latest version?

What is your timetable for the final release? I found this ROM on a whim and I'm in love. I'm really interested to see this game in its final form, so any little tidbit would be awesome. The game looks great and plays amazing, I'm looking forward to playing it to its fullest extent because I can feel the potential to be one of the best ROM Hacks I've played. It's already super unique and having all seven gens is a big plus. I wish you good luck!
    I'm still uncertain, but I recently started working on the seventh gym so hopefully not much longer.

Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2022
    Yes, I'll get it working eventually. I designed the engine to work with it properly, but it takes too long to test which is why I'm leaving it for now.

Thank you! I hope it lives up to your expectations!

This was fixed in a previous version. Are you using the latest version?

I'm still uncertain, but I recently started working on the seventh gym so hopefully not much longer.

Thanks Skeli, I'm not sure but perhaps I'm using 1.3.1. (Cuz I read in Changelog and it said up to 1.3.1)

Back