• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other✓] Firered Reusable TMs

Years
  • I found and fixed a small bug with the solution posted by GoGoJJTech. Currently, if you push B to skip the animation of your Pokémon learning the move, the TM gets used up (this may be what Koutetsujou experienced). To fix that, change the byte at 0x125C74 to 90 as well.

That is, to make TMs reusable, change the bytes at 0x124EA0, 0x124F6C and 0x125C74 from A9 to 90.

Hey, do you know any wat to delete those quantity TM numbers from Fire Red US?
    Thanks in advance!

CaveNinja

ROM hacking duo
    Years
  • Hey, do you know any way to delete those quantity TM numbers from Fire Red US?
    Thanks in advance!

Unfortunately, no. To my knowledge, that problem remains unsolved in FireRed. Please let me know If you find out otherwise!
    Sorry I couldn't help!

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2019
    Would it be possible to implement this into something like FireRed Omega? Ive tried two hex editors but I havent found those bits. It could just be me having no idea what I'm doing tho.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • Would it be possible to implement this into something like FireRed Omega? Ive tried two hex editors but I havent found those bits. It could just be me having no idea what I'm doing tho.

I just patched Drayano's Fire Red Omega, went to the offsets specified in CaveNinja's post and they were all in "A9", so I'd say it'll work perfectly fine.
    Here's a quick GIF.

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2019
    Wow! Thank you very much! I really appreciate you taking the time out to answer this.
    I think I have a separate issue, maybe I have some obscure FR ROM but I can't find those offsets :/
    Thank you regardless.

The ROM I'm using is called Pokemon - Fire Red Version (USA)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2022
    I want to ask Why there is not a single working emerald patch that just makes tms reusable!

Years
    • Seen today
    @Lucas10307698

Because just patching away is generally not how ROM hacking works. It's very limited and not dynamic at all.

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2023
    I want to ask Why there is not a single working emerald patch that just makes tms reusable!

to better explain that, applying a patch is like doing copy paste, you take the changes and replace what was there before.

To do most things with patching, you'd never get anything done, because you'd constantly be overwriting what you applied before.

If you apply a patch for reusable tms, then try to use a fairy type patch, then the reusable tms are gone. See.

Back