• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Sigma Σmerald [v1.914]

Years
  • This hack is pretty much proof that if you update Emerald's mechanics, it is an entire step above ORAS.

Starting Hoenn, usually I liek mudkipz for easy mode or I decide to save 15% or more by switching to Treecko (kudos if you get the reference) if I want a challenge.

As for Fire types I prefer blue honey badgers and fire farting monkeys (also a reference, I want to know if you get it) over chickens.

But I'll happily pick up a hot chick if it has Speed Boost? If only it were like that in real life, being offered hot chicks for free?
    Also, it is female, and it has Speed Boost. (Funny thing: Unintentionally, my entire party at the moment is female. I suppose I won't have any trouble with that Torkoal, though!)

I noticed a few difficulty changes which I liked, especially the Winstrate Meditite. And you thought the Route 110 Rival Battle of Doom was difficult?

It really made you work for that Macho Brace.

Noticed bugs/feature requests:
    Spoiler:
    will you please make the legendaries breedable

Eww, no. I am not in charge of this project, but the reason why Legendaries aren't breedable is because they wouldn't be as "legendary" and they ruin the fun of battling. This is trying to be as faithful to the original series as possible, so i don't see it happening.

Try other non-legendary Pok?mon, they are more fun.

My favorites:
    Spoiler:

Years
  • Hey guys! Apologies for the absence of progress over the past year. I've been busier than ever, finishing my final semester of high school. Before answering questions, let me begin by listing what my plans currently are for Sigma Emerald:

- Implement the upgraded battle engine once all move animations up to Gen VI are finished. as the project was created with the goal of being a remake demake, level-up learnsets will remain faithful to Gen VI. However, I'm on the fence with adding the base stat and mechanic changes introduced in Gen VII.

- After the above is done, I will be expanding the number of TMs in the game to 100 (to accommodate the new moves from the engine). The roster of new moves is still to be determined, but the original 50 will probably remain the same.

- Cross-gen evos may be introduced.

- The Battle Frontier is to be updated as a result of the new mechanics + moves + Pokemon(?); the current build still has the "vanilla" setup, which does not fit well with the PSS Split.

- A possible tile + overworld sprite + battle background overhaul; I'm not very well-versed in tile and sprite editing, but it would be great to replace the vanilla tiles for HG/SS-style tiles, as well as new overworld sprites and Gen IV-style battle backgrounds. If anyone is willing to volunteer to do this, send me a PM.

Hello sir Draconian I wanna ask something concerning EVs in Sigma Emerald. One of the listed features mentions having Gen VI mechanics.

Does Sigma Emerald still apply EVs only on level up or are EVs applied after every battle like Gens V & VI?
    You'll have to ask Tlachtli. The only thing I've done was change the EV limit from 255 to 252 per stat.

As I read the features, so only first 3 generations available?
    Yes.

Please add Technician Ability for Scizor.

Thanks for this awesome hack. Props! :)
    Technician, along with the other new abilities, will be included with the new engine.

Another hack inspired by the original author and boy what a hack, DraconianWing! So many different features, all are stunning. I love everything about it can't decided what I like, but that's a good thing.
    Thank you so much! :)

Is there a way you can add the Focus SASH to the game instead of the focus band? Focus Sash would be incredibly helpful on some pokemon, especially when working through the battle frontier. Maybe assault vest, eviolite, rocky helmet, as well?
    I plan to add these as new ASM resources become available for Emerald.

Also, can you make Uber legendaries such as Mewtwo, Rayquaza, etc available to use at the battle frontier? I realize they are banned for being extremely powerful, but outside of catching them late game you don't get to use them much at all. Or maybe make a limit as to how many you can use on a team. Allowing even one of them on your teams of three would make the game more fun and not unbalance it too much. Give them to the Battle Frontier Brains and participants as well to make it even.
    Features like these are currently not in the pipeline as the updating process for the Battle Frontier has not even begun yet. But the one-legendary limit will be considered.

Are there plans to add evolutions for 1-3 gen pokemon that where added past the 3rd gen? Ex. Roserade/ budew, Dusknoir, Mismagius, and magnezone.
    Gonna test this rom. Seems really cool. Congratulations on your work!

Also, is there any possibilities of adding the cross-generation evolutions n a future release?
    Answered above

"Glitch allowing PRNG to be easily abused fixed"
    so does this mean the rng is fixed, as in you can now shiny hunt in the game?
    id love to shiny hunt in this hack tbh, looks great!
    If I remember correctly, it just disables the player's ability to RNG abuse (ie. this)

Any chance for cross-gen evolutions like gallade and sylveon?
    Answered above

There are a couple of minor bug, mainly just moveset one.
    First, Pineco does not learn Bug Bite at level 9 EDIT2: Just re-read the OP, no Bug Bite in-game
    Secondly, Beautifly does not learn Gust at level 10
    EDIT: Skitty learns Attract at level 7, and Sing at level 10 in this, While in ORAS, the opposite is true
    EDIT3: When I was using Dig with my Marshtomp against a wild Machop, the Machop's Revenge was able to hit me when I was underground, which I'm pretty sure that isn't supposed to happen.EDIT4: Forgot COMPLETELY about No Guard.
    EDIT5: Arbok does not learn Crunch at level 22.
    If it helps, I'm using the Moemon Sigma Emerald 2.0 patch, but other than that I made not modifications to your game.
    Fixed except for Beautifly, who I somehow forgot about. I'll upload another hotfix shortly. If you find any more errors with learnsets, please let me know.

Is adaptability in this game for porygon z?!?!?!

There is also no technician for scyther... ? :\ so no technician for scizor? uhhh
    Answered above

Great hack, I love 386 hacks, makes it fun actually being able to collect all the Pokemon.
    However, I have a bug where in some routes wild Pokemon encounters don't occur. Not sure if this is a common thing but route 111 and 113 i can't encounter any wildmon and therefore can't complete my dex ????
    Most likely patched a bad ROM.

Hi everyone,

First i just want to say that this hack is amazing. really you did a fabulous work here. However i have a little problem as to find out how getting TM such as Focus blast, X-scissor,brave bird... a tip, information for me please ?
    thank you in advance

PS: sorry for my english
    Answered above

Any idea where to find Scyther? Hard to find since I can't just look in the dex for the area since no trainers really use him at all in this region.
    There's an encounter sheet included with the patch which discloses all wild encounters.

will you please make the legendaries breedable
    No.

This hack is pretty much proof that if you update Emerald's mechanics, it is an entire step above ORAS.

Starting Hoenn, usually I liek mudkipz for easy mode or I decide to save 15% or more by switching to Treecko (kudos if you get the reference) if I want a challenge.

As for Fire types I prefer blue honey badgers and fire farting monkeys (also a reference, I want to know if you get it) over chickens.

But I'll happily pick up a hot chick if it has Speed Boost? If only it were like that in real life, being offered hot chicks for free?
    Also, it is female, and it has Speed Boost. (Funny thing: Unintentionally, my entire party at the moment is female. I suppose I won't have any trouble with that Torkoal, though!)

I noticed a few difficulty changes which I liked, especially the Winstrate Meditite. And you thought the Route 110 Rival Battle of Doom was difficult?

It really made you work for that Macho Brace.

Noticed bugs/feature requests:
    Spoiler:

Eww, no. I am not in charge of this project, but the reason why Legendaries aren't breedable is because they wouldn't be as "legendary" and they ruin the fun of battling. This is trying to be as faithful to the original series as possible, so i don't see it happening.

Try other non-legendary Pok?mon, they are more fun.

My favorites:
    Spoiler:
    Thanks, I'm glad you like the hack :) the errors with Aqua Tail and Disarming Voice have been fixed in v1.8. As for music hacking, I have zero knowledge, so that will be of least priority. I've expressed my desire to implement new overworlds above, so send me a PM if you're interested in working on them.

I don't find Raikou... Please... sombebody help me :(
    The legendary beasts are intended to be released as roaming Pokemon (after the roaming Lati is caught/knocked out I believe), but the code that serves that purpose remains untested. I'll have to consult with Tlachtli regarding this as he was the one that added it into Sigma Emerald.

Years
  • It is great and comforting that you haven't abandoned this project!

May i offer one suggestion? If you finally implement the upgraded battle engine, i suppose mega evolution will also make its appearance. If that is so, it would be natural that every mega evolution stone exists. Having one general mega stone for every pokemon, and for those that have a second evolution, to evolve to it by a different evolution method wouldn't be natural at all.

This is the kind of version of Pokemon Emerald i was looking for. If you implement every point in the ''List of Plans'', Pokemon Sigma ?merald would be the most complete and well-made remake de-make of Emerald, in my opinion. It would give it a new, fresh feeling so we could go back at playing Pokemon Emerald and become hooked once again. I understand that you are busy but it would be worth it.

Be proud for the already hard work and time you have put into it!

Years
  • It is great and comforting that you haven't abandoned this project!

May i offer one suggestion? If you finally implement the upgraded battle engine, i suppose mega evolution will also make its appearance. If that is so, it would be natural that every mega evolution stone exists. Having one general mega stone for every pokemon, and for those that have a second evolution, to evolve to it by a different evolution method wouldn't be natural at all.

This is the kind of version of Pokemon Emerald i was looking for. If you implement every point in the ''List of Plans'', Pokemon Sigma ?merald would be the most complete and well-made remake de-make of Emerald, in my opinion. It would give it a new, fresh feeling so we could go back at playing Pokemon Emerald and become hooked once again. I understand that you are busy but it would be worth it.

Be proud for the already hard work and time you have put into it!

I'm still on the fence on Mega Evolution (it's an optional feature that comes with the engine), they'll most likely come after I finish everything since cross-gen evos (which I'll also have to rearrange the Dex for) take priority. But more or less, the things I listed above basically sum up my ultimate objective in working on Sigma Emerald.

You have my gratitude for the support. It's people like you that push me to continue working on this hack! :)

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2020
    Oh man I really want to play this but I also really want to play this after cross-gen evolutions n stuff mentioned above have been added.. This is a dilemma..

Years
  • Hey guys! Apologies for the absence of progress over the past year. I've been busier than ever, finishing my final semester of high school. Before answering questions, let me begin by listing what my plans currently are for Sigma Emerald:
    b23rnr9bzmx0qjt35vpj.jpg

Thanks, I'm glad you like the hack :) the errors with Aqua Tail and Disarming Voice have been fixed in v1.8.

Awwww… R.I.P. Azumarill the Meditite Killer. :sad:
    BTW, any info on Draining Kiss? I suspect an animation overlap.

As for music hacking, I have zero knowledge, so that will be of least priority.

As soon as finals are over and I can find out why Sappy keeps crashing on me (it works on my sister's account oddly), I can work on it.

For the "12 track" thing, put a pair of decent headphones on and go to Route 121. Listen to the harps. Also listen to the wild battle theme, especially the intro.

Save and close out the ROM.
    Now, follow these instructions, changing c5 to cc, and reload the ROM, reset if it loaded a save state, and listen again.

It is subtle, yes, but it makes a difference for audiophiles.

I do! I am not the most creative in the world, mostly using sampled stuff from other mixes, but I have a WIP sorta-mashup of the Gym Leader themes from RSE, B2W2, and ORAS. It has a lot more energy than the original, which was already a pretty energetic track. The preview is attached as an mp3.

The second part isn't completed at all and it isn't recorded from an actual ROM because I use samples from MOTHER 3, those being the trombone and some of the drums.

Importing instrument samples, especially "Multi Samples", is something you want to do once.
    ONCE.

If you are interested in hearing some of my other stuff, some work I have been doing on Liquid Crystal's soundtrack, which is a great soundtrack often held back by a few critical weak points, such as in weak harmony notes, a lacking bass line, a few lazy direct imports, and especially, volume balancing. The Champion battle theme literally broke my earbuds and had my ears ringing for two hours. No joke. I like to call it "Three Inappropriately Loud Guitars!" (references anyone?) You can browse my Drive folder here. Some need to be downloaded, and some aren't properly balanced yet.

I've expressed my desire to implement new overworlds above, so send me a PM if you're interested in working on them..
    *looks at post 1* Uhhh…ya eye can haz reed. :3c

I am only decent at art despite taking 4 years of graphic design. Of course, I mainly chose it because the Programming and Web teacher had less computer skills than the average millennial to find out that that joke of a teacher was indeed fired and replaced with an amazing one. :/

Attachments

• rse gym remix wip.mp3
      1.8 MB
    Last edited:
    Years
  • Awwww… R.I.P. Azumarill the Meditite Killer. :sad:
    BTW, any info on Draining Kiss? I suspect an animation overlap.
    What you're talking about concerning Draining Kiss actually isn't a crash, but rather a very long delay (~2 minutes). I've had another guy report this problem a while back; turns out that it's an issue specific to gPSP for the PSP, most likely caused by something from how the emulator functions. I was unable to reproduce it in VisualBoyAdvance. Aside from the delay itself, it doesn't really do anything that would cause errors in the game.

Spoiler:
    I was away from ROM hacking for an entire year, so my utilities still need to be organized and updated (in addition to me shaking off the rust). I don't normally play with headphones on, but I'll be sure to try this out.

Years
  • What you're talking about concerning Draining Kiss actually isn't a crash, but rather a very long delay (~2 minutes). I've had another guy report this problem a while back; turns out that it's an issue specific to gPSP for the PSP, most likely caused by something from how the emulator functions. I was unable to reproduce it in VisualBoyAdvance. Aside from the delay itself, it doesn't really do anything that would cause errors in the game.

I get it in MyBoy! for Android. What happens is it locks up for a second and makes a clicking noise.

Oddly, it doesn't happen in John GBA.

I was away from ROM hacking for an entire year, so my utilities still need to be organized and updated (in addition to me shaking off the rust). I don't normally play with headphones on, but I'll be sure to try this out.

You are missing out so much! First, put the game in Stereo in the Options. It is "Mono" by default because the GBA had one measly speaker.

Now listen for the subtle details in Hoenn's music that often fail to show up in speakers. Especially the BF, the point in Gen 3 where GameFreak had the most music experience.

Years
  • The legendary beasts are intended to be released as roaming Pokemon (after the roaming Lati is caught/knocked out I believe), but the code that serves that purpose remains untested. I'll have to consult with Tlachtli regarding this as he was the one that added it into Sigma Emerald.

Thanks for the feedback!

Raiimeister

Hear Me Roar!
    Years
  • Spent 60+ hours playing and counting. currently breeding a monster beldum. i really like the game. i'm satisfied on what you've worked on even without the improvements you want to do. i wouldn't mind playing again to try the updated one when you release it. i'm wondering, will you disable the animation sprite when you add the cross gen pokemons?

adding the mega evolution would be awesome. i want to battle steven with mega metagross : ) this is one of the best non extended dex emerald hack i've played along with expert emerald. you did well :)

Years
  • Ohhhhhh? So you're one of THOSE ROM hackers?

Spoiler:

Years
  • Spent 60+ hours playing and counting. currently breeding a monster beldum. i really like the game. i'm satisfied on what you've worked on even without the improvements you want to do. i wouldn't mind playing again to try the updated one when you release it. i'm wondering, will you disable the animation sprite when you add the cross gen pokemons?

adding the mega evolution would be awesome. i want to battle steven with mega metagross : ) this is one of the best non extended dex emerald hack i've played along with expert emerald. you did well :)
    Sprite animations will not be disabled once cross-gen evos are introduced. Mega Evolutions, like I said, is not set in stone yet.

Ohhhhhh? So you're one of THOSE ROM hackers?

Spoiler:
    This was already part of the game after I took over the project. Remember that I only inherited Sigma Emerald after the original creator stopped working on it due to lack of time. My plan is to add checks to the bird trio at their respective locations so that the player is unable to encounter them until after beating the Elite 4; it hasn't been done yet because the majority of my focus was put into learning how to script and hex edit (ie. inserting routines and changing pointers).

Years
  • Sprite animations will not be disabled once cross-gen evos are introduced. Mega Evolutions, like I said, is not set in stone yet.

This was already part of the game after I took over the project. Remember that I only inherited Sigma Emerald after the original creator stopped working on it due to lack of time. My plan is to add checks to the bird trio at their respective locations so that the player is unable to encounter them until after beating the Elite 4; it hasn't been done yet because the majority of my focus was put into learning how to script and hex edit (ie. inserting routines and changing pointers).

Oh ok.

Glad to know it wasn't you. :)

How about until you get that sorted out, you set Zapdos to 30 (as well as the others to a respectable level)? The Exp. Gain formula will make it so it will fall behind in levels if you aren't grinding.

A side note. Trainer rematches. I know you said that they are based on ORAS, but I never really played enough ORAS to get to rematching a lot. They seem much higher leveled, as it seems to be more like 34, 36, 39, 42 or whatever.

Especially since you can just go back and forth with the Mach Bike between two routes and get free rematches, and their A.I. level seems unchanged, easy money and experience points.

Route 117 is amazing for grinding.

Years
  • Oh ok.

Glad to know it wasn't you. :)

How about until you get that sorted out, you set Zapdos to 30 (as well as the others to a respectable level)? The Exp. Gain formula will make it so it will fall behind in levels if you aren't grinding.
    That's a good idea. Though I think making them disappear until after the elite four just involves adding flag checks to their locations, so it might even be good for the next update.

A side note. Trainer rematches. I know you said that they are based on ORAS, but I never really played enough ORAS to get to rematching a lot. They seem much higher leveled, as it seems to be more like 34, 36, 39, 42 or whatever.
    Yes, rematch teams in ORAS have higher levels compared to their original counterparts. Sigma Emerald is pretty much the same in terms of level, but with a less extreme curve. As someone who has put over 500 hours playing Emerald on the GBA (easily my most played in the series by far), I've always been bugged by the original rematch levels as they made post-game leveling very time-consuming. Hence, I deemed it a good fit to put in something similar from ORAS.

Trainer rematches aren't unlocked until after the 5th Gym (Leaders after elite four). The new levels allow Pokemon to become overleveled, but not without some grinding.

Years
  • opL1OB3.png

Yoooooooooooooo!

Music to my ears!

However, it seems that May doesn't have any healing items…
    Like PokeNav rematches, your rival's teams are based off the Pokemon they have in ORAS. The Lilycove match in particular has been buffed by quite a bit (~3-4 levels per 'mon if I remember correctly), and I decided to not add healing items in fear of making the game too difficult for the more casual players.

Somebody Help me!!!

My NationalDex is missing! Look!

wikocbY.png

I don't know what I have to do... :(
    Are you using a fresh save, ot one created with an older build?

Back