• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Sigma Σmerald [v1.914]

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 17, 2022
It works fine for me and the rest of the people in the world. The problem is you. Are you patching onto a clean Emerald ROM that isn't zipped or anything? Never patch on a patch unless noted otherwise.

Additionally, I understand that you are new here (in terms of posts), but that last bit was very uncalled for.
  1. The last update was literally this week.
  2. A broken update is the worst reason to close a thread; wouldn't you want to, I don't know?troubleshoot and fix it?
  3. We don't really close threads in the ROM hack section because they are time-consuming and will often go on long hiatuses.

Use a clean Pokemon Emerald 1.0 ROM with proper emulator settings (save type Flash 128k + real-time clock) and stop being a jerk. The best ROM provider is independent, so search for something like Pokemon Emerald 1.0 (independent) in google.

you guys were completely right, i guess i was mad at my own stupidity and acted like an asshole, so i apologize

i managed to get it working after following your steps, so thank you

Years
you guys were completely right, i guess i was mad at my own stupidity and acted like an asshole, so i apologize

i managed to get it working after following your steps, so thank you

I forgive you. Everyone has their salty moments.

Even I was a little bitter in my reply, so I apologize for that as well.

Glad our steps could help though, and enjoy the hack.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 28, 2021
What about a day / afternoon / evening / night system? At first I thought it was implemented, but no.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 5, 2017
What about a day / afternoon / evening / night system? At first I thought it was implemented, but no.

It's just a palette overlay that looks like a crap. Personaly i hope that DraconianWing will not implement it, because it realy looks horrible and... well... time is already in RSE, so there's no problems with Espeon/Umbreon evolution.

Years
It's just a palette overlay that looks like a crap. Personaly i hope that DraconianWing will not implement it, because it realy looks horrible and... well... time is already in RSE, so there's no problems with Espeon/Umbreon evolution.

You think these look like crap?

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 33
  • NY
  • Seen Oct 9, 2023
You think these look like crap?

Spoiler:

I'd say those don't change the colors enough. GSC's night palette replaced the standard off-white hue with blue, the standard dark hue with pure black, and adjusted the other colors to have significantly more blue than red and green (specifically, red and green channels were halved and the blue channel was multiplied by 75%).

Here are morning, day, and night with GSC-based overlays:

Spoiler:

By the way, is that middle screenshot evening? Is there a gradual transition between morning/day/evening/night, or a sudden palette swap?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 28, 2021

Oh ok. That's fair.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jun 2, 2017
Pokemon Sigma Emerald RTC patch Release:

I really enjoy this rom hack, but I play on an EZ Flash IV which lacks a HW RTC. I created an IPS patch for Sigma Emerald 1.82 to fix the clock by allowing time to progress in game based on play time (it also removes the annoying "drained battery" warning message). I based this patch on similar ones floating around for the regular Emerald rom. To use this patch, make sure to apply the Sigma Emerald 1.82 patch first to a clean rom. Next, apply this patch using Lunar IPS Patcher or similar program. I hope you all enjoy being able to use berries lol! If you have any questions or issues, please let me know.

MEGA Download:
https://mega.nz/#!VbIAiAqR!T8qq-X5H-7bUCAqk2qcueokpXXP6yjcAd6dERoVDI7c

Thanks,
C0ldBr33z3

darthbr

Banned
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 8, 2023
I Will try your hack today!!! i loved the features, and 3rd gen pokes, i dont like edited pokemons from other gens!! i will report everything, if i find some bugs, wish u the best!

Years
Hey DraconianWing, as stated before, I am planning on making some remixed music in a possibly separate patch. (OR, we could do a thing like the Game Boy Player in the remakes or Throwback, where we switch Sappy tables.)

I am planning on a hybrid ORAS and RSE style. I am putting an emphasis on energy.

My plans:
Spoiler:

In order to make it easier to insert songs because of how much space they take up (especially when you decrease repetitiveness), I am planning on resizing the ROM to 32 MB, because I also want to bring in some samples.

If I do this, I'll only use from 0x1800000 to the end of the file. That way we can both work together without worrying about free space overlapping, and we both have more than enough room to spread out. Do you like that idea?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 28, 2021
Is that Trade Sim going to be renamed to Cable Link? That's like my only gripe really.

Currently on my 4th gym. This is a great rom hack.

Years
Diegoisawesome said:
If you want to make the bike have the bike bell sound when getting on, then navigate to 0xFD35E and overwrite the bytes there with "06 20 8E F7 AE FC 00 06 00 28 06 D1 0B 20 A6 F7 1A FA 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 02 20".

From diegoisawesome in this thread

It is the small (and satisfying) details that count. :)

Don't make 1.83 just be that patch though.

Last edited:
Years
So uh, problem. I get to new mauville and boom no zapdos. What do I do?

We are nerfing Zapdos because you can capture a Level 50 OU Legendary with an amazing typing and then get immediate access to the best STAB TM move in the game right when you exit, right after beating Norman.

Granted, you don't have the Master Ball, but still. If you catch it, it can be game-breaking.

It is going to be accessible at a different place/time when we get it put back in if it isn't already.

Zapdos was added before Mega Salamence DraconianWing took over, and we didn't like the idea of its early availability.

Last edited:

Tlachtli

Crit happens.
Years
I'm loving that this is still coming along!
We are nerfing Zapdos because you can capture a Level 50 OU Legendary with an amazing typing and then get immediate access to the best STAB TM move in the game right when you exit, right after beating Norman.

You know that never even occurred to me, I just thought it would be thematic there ~_~

If you don't already have somewhere in mind, an island in the tidal maze west of Pacifidlog might work. Would still be somewhat thematic (given the storms from Kyogre) and would make it available around the same time as Articuno and Moltres.

Years
Apologies for yet another late reply :P

Hey DraconianWing, as stated before, I am planning on making some remixed music in a possibly separate patch. (OR, we could do a thing like the Game Boy Player in the remakes or Throwback, where we switch Sappy tables.)

I am planning on a hybrid ORAS and RSE style. I am putting an emphasis on energy.

My plans:
Spoiler:

In order to make it easier to insert songs because of how much space they take up (especially when you decrease repetitiveness), I am planning on resizing the ROM to 32 MB, because I also want to bring in some samples.

If I do this, I'll only use from 0x1800000 to the end of the file. That way we can both work together without worrying about free space overlapping, and we both have more than enough room to spread out. Do you like that idea?
Yes. But PM me instead regarding this, let's try to not clutter up the thread :)

It is the small (and satisfying) details that count. :)

Don't make 1.83 just be that patch though.
I agree. Thanks for pointing me to this post!

I'm loving that this is still coming along!

You know that never even occurred to me, I just thought it would be thematic there ~_~

If you don't already have somewhere in mind, an island in the tidal maze west of Pacifidlog might work. Would still be somewhat thematic (given the storms from Kyogre) and would make it available around the same time as Articuno and Moltres.
I was thinking of just keeping him in New Mauville (as a reference to his location in FR/LG) at level 50, but adding a flagcheck so that you can't encounter him until after the E4. Unfortunately I'm not too sure on how to approach that because I'm very rusty with scripting haha

BronzeSwagger

Sugar&Spice
Years
Does this hack have a similar level curve to the original Emerald?
I've been looking for a Emerald hack with that, plus the Fairy-type and redone trainer teams.
Was hoping to look around at the trainer team data myself as well, and wanted to know what tool you used for that?

Years
But PM me instead regarding this, let's try to not clutter up the thread :)
Sorry. :3c

Most of my forum etiquette/habits comes from xda-developers. On XDA, the unwritten rule is don't PM unless you get PM'd first or if they deliberately requested a PM. Otherwise, your PM just got ignored. As a result, even 6 month users often had 300+ posts, and threads with hundreds of pages were very common. Again, sorry.
I agree. Thanks for pointing me to this post!

No problem.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 28, 2021
Not sure if this was ever fixed, but do the roaming dogs work now? Having a hard time running into Raikou.

darthbr

Banned
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 8, 2023
Could you change the Backsprite and frontsprite of Blaziken??? i hated it!! the original Emerald is better! linoone isnt good too, sorry if it sound rude, its not my intention.. just saiying, cause i love this game! XD

Back