• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spinoff/Mobile Pikachu is the Protagonist's Sync Partner

Years
If Pikachu can be evolved, then I'm ok with that, but otherwise I'll probably ditch the MC quickly once I start getting more sync pairs. This is mostly just to promote the series' main mascot, and pretty much all of the fully evolved Electric types will fare better than Pikachu in battle.

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
I'm not a huge fan of Pikachu, but I'd say this works out nicely for me. I'd rather use the main-series characters I love rather than the all-new player, so it will make it that much easier to bench them once I start filling out my team.

Years
I really wished PC could switch between Pokémon. Well, I don't mind Pikachu, so I think I'll use it until I get some better Electric-type.

Couples-Consoling

Husband and Wife Nuzlocke Let's Players!
Years
It does seem to me they should have done a mechanic where your character can switch between at least a FEW pokemon...

Sirfetch’d

Pikachu is one of my favorite Pokemon so it is really good with me

Years
I'm fine with it, as long as we can either change our partner or not be forced to use the protagonist in each battle. Do like Pikachu a lot but there are many other mons I also love that could use the spotlight more than the series' mascot haha

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Dec 27, 2020
I will be still getting it if the main character can be replaced or pikachu can be evolved or replaced.
If the main character has to be in the team the whole way through and pikachu cannot evolve or replaced then hopefully It is possible to have other Pokémon in the team

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Totally expected it considering of course they're gonna give the MC the Mascot Pokemon. I love Pikachu too so it def works for me until I pull characters I want to build around more.

Years
I'm in Canada, playing the preview version, and as it stands, it looks like Pikachu cannot evolve, but it doesn't force you to use the MC. Your team of 3 is entirely up to you. It's a shame you can't pick your own starter, but with the massive amount of sync pairs in the game, it's not really an issue

Back