• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: [COMPLETED] Digimon Emerald Project

Those of you that played both this and Nova Red, what would you like to see next?

• A Digimon hack of Gen II

Votes: 15 23.8%
  • A Digimon hack of Gen IV

Votes: 48 76.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
Years
    • Online now
    Hi Guzeinbuick, both this and Nova Red are incredible work. I'm trying my hand at making a fan game using Pokemon Essentials, mostly just for fun - is it possible to use the set of sprites you've used for this game?

Apologies if it's poor form to make a request like that. I'm using sprites from the WonderSwan games for now. They have their own charm but it doesn't quite mix well with the pokemon aesthetic, these are much more fitting. Using WS sprites also kind of limits my digimon roster.

Thank you very much for the glowing feedback!

For now, I'm going to have to politely decline. Only because the spriting was the vast majority of the work I put into these games (200+ hours of work) and I'm not quite ready to make them "open source" just yet, if you know what I mean. Of course if you wanted to just extract them and use them anyway there's nothing I could realistically do to stop you, but from one hacker to another I hope you can honour my request in good faith.

But hey, tell ya what. Most of the sprites were ripped from The Digimon World Dawn/Dusk games, which you can find here:
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/lk0pjupv8n88006/sprite_thread.zip/file

The babies, in-trainings, and much of the rookies don't need any tweaking at all since they're usually under 64x64 pixels. So that should help a lot. :)

Additionally, the ones I ripped from DeviantArt are all credited on the front page of this post, which of course you are as welcome to use as anyone is.

But the sprites I tweaked and modified myself I ask to be left alone, at least for now. One day when I retire from hacking I'll release them into the wild and give the official "go ahead" to anyone else who wants to make use of them. :) But not right this moment.

Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2023
    But the sprites I tweaked and modified myself I ask to be left alone, at least for now. One day when I retire from hacking I'll release them into the wild and give the official "go ahead" to anyone else who wants to make use of them. :) But not right this moment.

100% will honor that request - I wouldn't want to simply hand out 200+ hours of work either. Those Dawn/Dusk sprites should be super helpful, at the very least I'll be able to fill out my roster a little bit more. Thanks for getting back to me!

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    Thanks so much for your hard work on this hack! Just completed the whole thing in one night and had a load of fun discovering all the new Digimon. The only glitches I really encountered were a glitch pokemon (the kind that's just named a bunch of ????'s) on the water route between Lilycove and Mossdeep, and at one point one of my Digimon turned into a bad egg.

12.png

My final team too! I really wanted to use Dianamon because she's another fave but couldn't quite find space on my team :p Ancient Mermaimon ended up carrying me for most of the game though!

On a semi related note I'd love to try and make some Digimon sprites one day that are scaled properly for gba romhacks, with shinies and everything. I'd also love to do a pokemon/digimon fusion game once I finish my first hack!

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Online now
    Thanks so much for your hard work on this hack! Just completed the whole thing in one night and had a load of fun discovering all the new Digimon. The only glitches I really encountered were a glitch pokemon (the kind that's just named a bunch of ????'s) on the water route between Lilycove and Mossdeep, and at one point one of my Digimon turned into a bad egg.

View attachment 103860

My final team too! I really wanted to use Dianamon because she's another fave but couldn't quite find space on my team :p Ancient Mermaimon ended up carrying me for most of the game though!

On a semi related note I'd love to try and make some Digimon sprites one day that are scaled properly for gba romhacks, with shinies and everything. I'd also love to do a pokemon/digimon fusion game once I finish my first hack!

Sweet team! Really happy to see QueenChessmon getting some love. Sorry about the glitches; I know I ran into the bad egg thing once but I was unable to replicate it and I'm still not sure what caused it.

Let me know if you do end up making a fusion hack--I'd be really curious to see how other people manage Digimon sprites in GBA parameters.

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2022
    We're going DIGITAL!

For those of you tired of playing out the same strategies with the same mons over and over and over again, I present you something completely different…

5Rjn53c.png

FEATURES

350+ new monsters with unique stats, abilities, Typing, and movepools built from the ground-up!

2.png
    3.png
    4.png
    5.png
    6.png
    7.png
    8.png
    9.png

No more filler mons!

Every single Digimon is viable! Don't be afraid to build a team out of your favourite Digimon!
    11.png
    12.png

As many as five or even six stages for prominent Digimon!

13.png

Custom moves from the Digimon canon!
    Every single Digimon has its signature attack! Diversify your strategies with over 350 new moves!
    1.gif
    2.gif
    3.gif
    4.gif
    5.gif
    6.gif
    7.gif
    8.gif
    10.gif
    9.gif

14.png
    15.png
    16.png
    17.png

Digidex Entries state criteria for evolution so you never need to feel out of the loop!

19.png
    20.png
    21.png

Convenient Shop Data
    Tired of random encounters? Repels are cheap as heck now.
    24.png
    26.png

(Also Move Reminders in every shop)

HM Moves are no longer garbage!

Cut now raises ATK, Flash now deals 50 Electric damage and still lowers accuracy, and Rock Smash always goes first.
    27.png
    28.png
    29.png

(Suggestions on how to improve Strength, Dive, and Waterfall? Feel free to post a comment. :) )

EV/IV Checker, Up to Gen VII Abilities and Moves, Reusable TMs, Deletable HM moves, Fairy Type, Physical-Special Split, Poison Survival, BW Repel System, Reusable TMs, etc.

30.png
    23.png
    31.png

32.png
    33.png
    34.png

Minor Dialogue Tweaks:
    35.png
    36.png

Dive is a TM now.
    So don't freak out when Steven gives it to you and you can't find it at first.
    37.png

Credits:

Spoiler:

Full Digidex:
    Spoiler:

DOWNLOAD:

Known glitches:
    Spoiler:

Installation Instructions:
    Spoiler:

System Requirements:
    Spoiler:

Plans for future expansion:
    Spoiler:

Advice:
    Spoiler:

Change log:
    Spoiler:

FAQ:
    Spoiler:

Constructive feedback and play testers welcome! Thanks!​

Is it normal to find shiny Digimons? I just found a shiny Y. botamon

Johtoborn

Emotinal Support Moth
    Years
  • I've gotta ask: Is Lavorvomon just... unable to be captured or just has a stupidly low catchrate? I've thrown like 30 Ultra Balls at the thing, always making sure it's at red HP AND asleep, but it just insists on not staying in the ball

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Online now
    I've gotta ask: Is Lavorvomon just... unable to be captured or just has a stupidly low catchrate? I've thrown like 30 Ultra Balls at the thing, always making sure it's at red HP AND asleep, but it just insists on not staying in the ball

Yeah, my bad. That's a glitch. If you want one for yourself you'll have to catch a Vorvomon on Route 114 or Fiery Path.

Years
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    Is there any discord site to this game ?

Also, i noticed that the doc has some inaccurate evolving level, like for example Mermaimon in doc were listed to evolve into Ancient Mermaimon 5 levels earlier than in game Mermaimon.

As for the rest of 3 TMs, i think for Strength you can change it into a fighting-type move that deals immense damage, but lower Defense everytime it was used.

Waterfall, you could add a high chance of flinch.

As for Dive, make it like a water version of Solar Beam, which when it rains, it will activate instantly.

Last edited:

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Online now
    Is there any discord site to this game ?

Also, i noticed that the doc has some inaccurate evolving level, like for example Mermaimon in doc were listed to evolve into Ancient Mermaimon 5 levels earlier than in game Mermaimon.

As for the rest of 3 TMs, i think for Strength you can change it into a fighting-type move that deals immense damage, but lower Defense everytime it was used.

Waterfall, you could add a high chance of flinch.

As for Dive, make it like a water version of Solar Beam, which when it rains, it will activate instantly.

Nah, no discord. Sorry about the inaccuracies in the doc, a few mistakes must have slipped through the cracks.
    Strength is a wall-breaker like Brick Break. Didn't want to make it Fighting since Rock Smash already is. Waterfall's already pretty strong. The Dive idea is interesting but I wouldn't know how to code it. Also two-turn moves are often part of the strategy (like stalling for instance). Thanks for the suggestions though!

Years
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    Nah, no discord. Sorry about the inaccuracies in the doc, a few mistakes must have slipped through the cracks.
    Strength is a wall-breaker like Brick Break. Didn't want to make it Fighting since Rock Smash already is. Waterfall's already pretty strong. The Dive idea is interesting but I wouldn't know how to code it. Also two-turn moves are often part of the strategy (like stalling for instance). Thanks for the suggestions though!

Your welcome, after awhile , i finally got through the hall of fame & here's my team !

AGkOXhG

AGkOXhG.png

In case you can't see it, it's Rasenmon, Hexeblaumon, Gallantmon, Ophanimon, Rosemon and Omnimon ( evolving Omnimon is a pain, but worth the trouble )

Anyway , some battle frontier places were very buggy, could you code it so we can't enter them ? And the decamark trade on the same place .

Last edited:

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Online now
    Your welcome, after awhile , i finally got through the hall of fame & here's my team !

AGkOXhG

AGkOXhG.png

In case you can't see it, it's Rasenmon, Hexeblaumon, Gallantmon, Ophanimon, Rosemon and Omnimon ( evolving Omnimon is a pain, but worth the trouble )

Anyway , some battle frontier places were very buggy, could you code it so we can't enter them ? And the decamark trade on the same place .

Can't see the screenshot but by your report that sounds like one hell of an OP team. Thank you for playing. :)
    Good point about the battle frontier. I never really take postgame stuff seriously... I should probably block those off lol

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    I'm playing the hack on a Miyoo Mini using GpSp/mgba and whenever I go to the menu and see the digimon stats everything disappears and I cant see anything then the game glitches with a pink box. i can fix this when i go the pokemon center and use the box and exit out but then the stats and stuff still disappear. I also tried playing on a flash cart on my GBA SP and I get the same glitch, then I also tried playing this on my PS Vita using mgba and it runs flawlessly, no glitches. I dont want to play it on the Vita though, can anyone help?

EDIT: I tried using Beetle GBA and it seems to be working now, I can see the text in summary.

Last edited:

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Online now
    Is there a list of specific Base Stats for Digimon? The Excel Spreadsheet just has Base Stat Total

Unfortunately not. If you're really curious you can always download PGE or HexManiacAdvance to check them for yourself, but I think that kind of takes the fun out of the game (the sense of discovery in, in my opinion, the biggest appeal of Pokemon games / Fakemon hacks).

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Hey, just managed to finish the Elite four by myself and thus I immediately started roaming around trying to get my dex completed; this is the only game I've completed this well without just folding and using a Dex-Complete Cheat, because it's so fun!

I love the fact that the tickets and maps were in a nice little package right outside the hellhole that is V Road, because I spent an embarrassing amount of time searching for Neptunemon and Megidramon using the normal encounter thing from the Weather Institute; I was sooo frustrated when the caves kept showing up empty.

On Lucemon, wouldn't Lucemon X have worked like a Mega Evolution instead? I loved what you did with Dorumon's X-Antibody and Shoutmon's Xross Code.

Also, my Coronamon and C.Weissdramon(Probably not getting that right) aren't evolving; hell, I thought it was an individual thing so I trained up two other ones I caught mid game and post game, and after an exhausting number of Rare Candies, they're STILL NOT EVOLVING.

My Dex is T H I S close to completion and they're being stubborn
    D5TD8z8

D5TD8z8

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Online now
    Hey, just managed to finish the Elite four by myself and thus I immediately started roaming around trying to get my dex completed; this is the only game I've completed this well without just folding and using a Dex-Complete Cheat, because it's so fun!

I love the fact that the tickets and maps were in a nice little package right outside the hellhole that is V Road, because I spent an embarrassing amount of time searching for Neptunemon and Megidramon using the normal encounter thing from the Weather Institute; I was sooo frustrated when the caves kept showing up empty.

On Lucemon, wouldn't Lucemon X have worked like a Mega Evolution instead? I loved what you did with Dorumon's X-Antibody and Shoutmon's Xross Code.

Also, my Coronamon and C.Weissdramon(Probably not getting that right) aren't evolving; hell, I thought it was an individual thing so I trained up two other ones I caught mid game and post game, and after an exhausting number of Rare Candies, they're STILL NOT EVOLVING.

My Dex is T H I S close to completion and they're being stubborn
    D5TD8z8

D5TD8z8

So glad you enjoyed it!

Lucemon and Lucemon X were the stand-ins for Mew and Mewtwo, respectively. I guess it made more sense in Nova Red (my Fire Red hack), which came before this one.

Don't kill me but C.Weissmon is the final form. The "evolves via level-up" in his dex entry is a typo. 🤐 Coronamon will become a pseudo-legendary, like Lunamon and Puttimon. So they evolve later than other mons typically do.

Back