• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: [COMPLETED] Digimon Emerald Project

Those of you that played both this and Nova Red, what would you like to see next?

• A Digimon hack of Gen II

Votes: 15 23.8%
  • A Digimon hack of Gen IV

Votes: 48 76.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2023
    Randomizer option would be nice, tried to randomize by randomizing emerald first then patching however it broke the game sadly, any way this could be looked into?

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen today
    Randomizer option would be nice, tried to randomize by randomizing emerald first then patching however it broke the game sadly, any way this could be looked into?

Sorry my friend, no plans for a randomizer.

I have to ask... When are you guys adding cheats?

Haha first of all there are no "guys"... it's just me. And I don't know how to add cheats. Maybe some of the cheats that work on Vanilla Emerald would work here? Idk.

Days
    • Seen Nov 21, 2023
    Hello creator and I'm back
    Guess what? Theres a cheat
    I can send the link if you want me too

Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2024
    Hello, in love with your games! Digimon NovaRed was a blast and now I'm onto Emerald project. The games are really well made and thank you for making them! I am running into a glitch where if my kokomon ever goes up a level while being in my back party the game freezes entirely. Any clue of how I could avoid this? I'm playing oh Johngba emulator.

Edit: the game also freezes anytime I try to pick up an item ):

Last edited:

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen today
    Hello, in love with your games! Digimon NovaRed was a blast and now I'm onto Emerald project. The games are really well made and thank you for making them! I am running into a glitch where if my kokomon ever goes up a level while being in my back party the game freezes entirely. Any clue of how I could avoid this? I'm playing oh Johngba emulator.

Edit: the game also freezes anytime I try to pick up an item ):
    Glad you're enjoying it! I'm not sure what's causing the glitch. Did you download the game from here?

Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2024
    I did, looks like it just needed to be played on the suggested emulator, haven't had any of these issues after the switch. I decided to do a mono fairy run this time since so many of my favorites are my favorite type, it's been OP and a lot of fun! I'd love to see difficulty modes or something like it going forward.

Also would love to see Kudamons full evolution line to Sleipmon in game since they're my favorite (maybe Faerie/water?) So I'm going to work on getting the sprites the appropriate size for you if I can figure it out (:

Years
    • Seen Feb 29, 2024
    Really love the game! Just a quick question if you don't mind.
    Are Life Orb and Choice Specs available and where to find them if they are?

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen today
    Really love the game! Just a quick question if you don't mind.
    Are Life Orb and Choice Specs available and where to find them if they are?
    Glad you enjoyed it! No Life Orb or Choice Specs unfortunately.

Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2024
    1706316381306.png I get the feeling this isn't meant to happen. Just a feeling. Found this while in Lilycove harbor and Route 124

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2024
    HUGE find, found a patch that works with ANY emerald hack that removes the need of HM's, and due to everything the dev says on them you can use it without it being considered cheating but just intended and unimplimented!

Heres where i got it: works with all but fly/flash, Lavorvomon my girl COME BACK TO ME IN THIS WATER INFESTED HELL!

Only jank is it says it only checks for a badge and it says it uses the first in the party but small visual bugs you should be used to in this hack, it isn't any big deal.

Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2024
    I had the same problem with VBA, but it's working on mGBA
    I'm struggling to get this hack working on mGBA; I have the graphical glitches on both VBA and mGBA. Did you do anything special to get it working? I downloaded the correct ROM and used the patcher in the instructions and everything, don't know why this is happening to so many people

Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2024
    To those that have Graphically bugged out stat screen in MyBoy emulator, disable BIOS in advanced settings. Other emulators have this too. Can try turning it off if there's an option to turn it off on your setting if you're experiencing graphical glitches as it may fix the problem.

I am kinda 50/50 on this romhack. It is an upgrade from Nova Red but some of the Digimons I used prior got a slight nerf and the Dex is inferior(no BST and abilities) but nothing we can do about that I guess because of the limitations of the Dex in RSE.
    Also noticed that some DVs like Diaboromon can't remember every moves on the move tutor.

Spoiler: Some buff/Nerf I noticed. Can spoil others who wants to play with no prior info

Last edited:
    Days
    • Seen Apr 26, 2024
    I also have the issue some other people have mentioned where the summary screen is broken and won't display moves, abilities etc. Playing on VBA and have tried changing every setting at this point

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2024
    Another one down. Thanks Guzein for a great experience.

Edit: How do I enter cave of origin to get a Puttimon? I want to build a good Venusmon.

Attachments

• Yay_Emerald.png
      Yay_Emerald.png
      34.4 KB · Views: 5
    Last edited:

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen today
    Another one down. Thanks Guzein for a great experience.

Edit: How do I enter cave of origin to get a Puttimon? I want to build a good Venusmon.
    Sadly, the Cave of Origin is closed after the Legendary event. I made this game about two years ago and back then I wasn't thinking about people who wanted to complete the whole Dex or, God forbid, do "Living Dexes."

Back